Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues The Federal Cherokee Debate The Federal Cherokee Debate

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #621
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely View Post
Kentucky has given recognition to groups that are not even in the state of Kentucky, Georgia is another state that gives recognition to about anyone who applies.

There are a couple of guys from Indiana who made up a "honor ride" across the eastern states, this happened about ten years ago, they claimed to be raising funds for a Indian holiday... they raised over 100k but no one knows where they money went. The money was never accounted for... the ride was two white guys wearing fringed clothing, one guy put black paint across his eyes and looked like a raccoon....

There are people out there who honestly, with all their hearts believe they are Indian. Family stories mostly, some make up stuff and become pretendian over night, some do it for interest in the culture, and some do it to feel "special" and then there are those who are out to rip off people...

These people who rip off others wind up getting away with it, and the real Indian people are left to be blamed

Most state recognition groups are nothing more than jokes.
Are you stating 'groups', or state recognized 'tribes'. North Carolina comes to mind. Are there 'state recognized groups' in Missouri? Are there legitimate 'state recognized tribes' in Missouri?

Isn't Zeke from Missouri?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #622
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
i don't know a lot, im just standing near the window where the light is strong, to borrow a verse from Leonard Cohen although i don't think anyone got open arms fro whole tribes of ppl on the list to be noted..and certainly not on the powwow trail alto up in Vermont there are keepers of the western Abenaki language and powwow are between the reserves and the ppl in Vermont and the focus is on the children

and for your
listening pleasure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmON_0bzUZc

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 01-04-2012 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: listen pleasure
Old 01-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #623
Tiny Tot Dancer

Keely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,234.22
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
VERMONT

FEDERALLY NON-RECOGNIZED

Abenaki Nation
St. Francis/Skokoki Band of Abenakis of Vermont
these ppl just got the state to allow for tribe recognition it been a hard won fight and it been said to look after how the Abenaki won for the times ahead maybe not in our life time but for the ones after
And that is what is really, really sad... there are a FEW real tribes who have state recognition only, and they are the ones the fakes and frauds hurt the most!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #624
were home

2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely View Post
And that is what is really, really sad... there are a FEW real tribes who have state recognition only, and they are the ones the fakes and frauds hurt the most!
i understand your anger and i believe that its true.
im glad you're a full blood too ! im glad for all the ppl that are, i know this is a different topic but as you need to fight for your family and ppl you should as you understand,
personally im not affected in the same way you are all tho i belong to a clan and am part of a nation i powwow and enjoy my community .
i was not inside the system of life that i now enjoy today i would that there are no ppl that want to belong to a ppl that is not who they come form but i cant deni the truth that Indian way of life is far better that the rest of what i have known

also with out those ppl coming to blanket dances or buying Indian made the ppl would have less as i see. so it the frauds where the fight lies in and that is where the most damage comes in .
but there again its not going to hurt you or I it is the ppl that follow them and the bitterness i see around make me sad but really your safe in your ppl remember that

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 01-04-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #625
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I live in Missouri, I'm from Oklahoma, but that doesn't actually mean anything.

Why not? I am what I am regardless of geography.

Those who fear the definitions of others (i.e., the race baiting zealots) merely verify that they are unsure of their own.

If you're not afraid, you're sort of above it.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #626
Tiny Tot Dancer

Keely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond reputeKeely has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Are you stating 'groups', or state recognized 'tribes'. North Carolina comes to mind. Are there 'state recognized groups' in Missouri? Are there legitimate 'state recognized tribes' in Missouri?

There are no recognized tribes in Missouri...
Old 01-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #627
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
i understand your anger and i believe that its true.
im glad you're a full blood too ! im glad for all the ppl that are, i know this is a different topic but as you need to fight for your family and ppl you should as you understand,
personally im not affected in the same way you are all tho i belong to a clan and am part of a nation i powwow and enjoy my community .
i was not inside the system of life that i now enjoy today i would that there are no ppl that want to belong to a ppl that is not who they come form but i cant deni the truth that Indian way of life is far better that the rest of what i have known

also with out those ppl coming to blanket dances or buying Indian made the ppl would have less as i see. so it the frauds where the fight lies in and that is where the most damage comes in .
but there again its not going to hurt you or I it is the ppl that follow them and the bitterness i see around make me sad but really your safe in your ppl remember that

I am not angry, just tired of wannabes trying to get recognition, and all the fakes who got state recognition, that hurts the true tribes who have state recognition and then the federal tribes have to take action against those who are making false claims, this hurts the real state recognized tribes...

I am not full blood.... but I am no thin blood...
Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #628
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I live in Missouri, I'm from Oklahoma, but that doesn't actually mean anything.

Why not? I am what I am regardless of geography.

Those who fear the definitions of others (i.e., the race baiting zealots) merely verify that they are unsure of their own.

If you're not afraid, you're sort of above it.
Who is baiting?

Your bio says you are Ottawa/Shawnee... which Shawnee tribe and who is your family? Are we related?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #629
Pow Wow Visitor

blue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scaleblue rose is off the scale
Credits: 145.81
looks to me ECSN was able to disprove you people in bulk while none of you was able to disprove him so it is clear ECSN won this argument hands down

Moderator warningWelcome to powwow.com. Please read the site rules and conduct guidelines. I suggest you revist your posts and edit them to be more in line with the site rules. You'll have 24 hours. Thank you.

Last edited by yaahl; 01-05-2012 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: Moderation requirements
Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #630
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,625.62
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue rose View Post
looks to me ECSN was able to disprove you people in bulk while none of you was able to disprove him so it is clear ECSN won this argument hands down
And so it begins again. I almost thought I was delirious from the bronchitis and the cough meds for a minute. I'll go make the popcorn, somebody get the sodas.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #631
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Quoting Youtube does not prove an argument...
Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #632
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Quoting Youtube does not prove an argument...
Yeah, that's so true. But things have calmed down since ECSN has been banned last week. So maybe now can be back the way things go.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #633
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
And so it begins again. I almost thought I was delirious from the bronchitis and the cough meds for a minute. I'll go make the popcorn, somebody get the sodas.
mind if I have a seat with ya subeeds?

some drinks for the rest of us.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #634
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
Quote:

Moderator warningWelcome to powwow.com. Please read the site rules and conduct guidelines. I suggest you revist your posts and edit them to be more in line with the site rules. You'll have 24 hours. Thank you.
Quick! Someone find us a smilie that is beating a dead horse!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #635
pigheaded

There should be one up already, but I'll put it up again

Old 01-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #636
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Quote:
You shoulda seen the party of the first part when that shindig was going on.

BTW If Kathy (kiowakat) is invited back...an invitation to sokoki wolf is im order.

Now any of yous who were around 6-7you years ago or earlier, yous remember all those alley brawls.

Maybe they should let some of those banned members back. Sure would make for lively conversations!!! LOL

Does it say I'm typing from my DROID?
thanks Joe's...but i was never banned! just dont come here much now...got tired of hearing the self righteous one's babbling and broken recording...as it seems many others are as well...but fools are always good for entertainment...so enjoy zeekster everyone...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 01-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #637
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoki_wolf View Post
thanks Joe's...but i was never banned! just dont come here much now...got tired of hearing the self righteous one's babbling and broken recording...as it seems many others are as well...but fools are always good for entertainment...so enjoy zeekster everyone...
Yayyyyy!!! Fight Night is back!!!

Good to see you sokoki. This place was getting pretty mundane.

Somebody start a petition to get KiowaKat back!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #638
were home

@sokoki_wolf ,hi wonderful see you here i hope all your family is doing well and please send my regards
Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #639
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Yayyyyy!!! Fight Night is back!!!

Good to see you sokoki. This place was getting pretty mundane.

Somebody start a petition to get KiowaKat back!
Wow you only said his name once! Good to see you sokoki!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #640
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:

Do you think we'll be seeing blonde haired, blued-eyed Indians putting up casinos one day?
Seriously??

Don't be hatin on the blonde haired, blued-eyed Indians with the blood to prove it!!

Last edited by wyo_rose; 01-10-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread