Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues The Federal Cherokee Debate The Federal Cherokee Debate

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #741
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 87,421.59
Savings: 0.00
We tend to get out of line and go off tangent, sometimes wildly, just to break up the monotony that some of these threads create. Some of these threads I'll post in for reasons such as needed to watch over it and moderate accordingly and other times I like to read the debates and get a good idea on what each side thinks on the topic. Sometimes I like to have a good laugh.

Some of these topics I have plenty of input and knowledge which I'd like to give BUT I sometimes prefer not to say anything either because what I want to say has already been said and beaten to death or it pertains to an issue that I don't have a place to say. (EX. the female Gourd Dancer thread)

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #742
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,829.89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I'm going to get another beer. Anybody else want one while I'm up?
I'll take a Modelo.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #743
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Ok boys, playtime is over. I separated the two main issues into a thread of their own...This one for the discussions on the hobbyists and those groups that form and begin to call themselves a tribe with the moniker Cherokee thrown in somewhere and the other thread is for the discussion on the IACA because the IACA is not just a Cherokee concern.

Zeke, we get it that you have issues with they whys and hows of Kathy Dickerson but as Josiah pointed out although she may appear to be the face of the IACA now, it's been around and lobbied for a very long time. So can we please separate the need to make her name synonymous with the IACA?

If you boys want to trade "yo momma wear army boots" retorts, then take to PM or create a thread in chitchat and fill your boots.

Personally, I am sick and tired of seeing Indian men bickering with each other over these subjects and it's time you got yourself sorted out and figure out how to use that witty repartee on something/someone that is actually standing in our collective way of moving forward to something greater. Stop wasting it on each other.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #744
Pow Wow Visitor

wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Personally, I am sick and tired of seeing Indian men bickering with each other over these subjects and it's time you got yourself sorted out and figure out how to use that witty repartee on something/someone that is actually standing in our collective way of moving forward to something greater. Stop wasting it on each other.
Okay Unci Yaahl.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #745
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
I am sick and tired of seeing Indian men bickering with each other over these subjects and it's time you got yourself sorted out and figure out how to use that witty repartee on something/someone that is actually standing in our collective way of moving forward to something greater.
I've mentioned her name...
Old 01-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #746
Pow Wow Visitor

I'd like to know why Zeke is setting native American back into being hated. He seems to grate on a lot of people, especially white people from Arkansas.

Last edited by Iowa_Boy; 01-15-2012 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: that material crosses the line of decency
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #747
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,359.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
I'd like to know why Zeke is setting native American back into being hated. He seems to grate on a lot of people, especially white people from Arkansas.
Most of us are aware of that site and that material, it has no place here.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #748
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
Most of us are aware of that site and that material, it has no place here.
It was new and fascinating to me. I thought it was funny how Zeke could make white people blow up a tipi.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #749
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Well we have seem to gone off in the brambles again
LOL

Its not uncommon around here to have threads go off tangent
Ok this thread is about:
Federal Cherokees that are hunting these so-called groups that claim Cherokee Heritage.
But then nobody really cares about that do they?
At last count I counted thousands of groups on Facebook talking about this very issue and thousands of other issues about Cherokees
Seems funny don't it?

Is this a big issue in say Tahlequah?
I can say a resounding no! The concern that has been on everybody's mind lately is who is going to take over District 1 Council seat (The largest)
Well that was settled yesterday Joe Byrd was elected to replace Bill John Baker who was elected Chief...
So the hell is Joe Byrd?? Well he was chief during the 90's a very tumultuous term I might add
What I am driving at is this is not a very huge issue in our nation today perhaps on here or even Facebook but not on the streets of Tahlequah or Stillwell or even Jay Oklahoma.

But we do have our Advocate he is tireless and speaks all over the place actually he has been invited to several Universities on the East Coast to speak about this very issue this spring.
He is dual enrolled with both the Keetoowahs and the Cherokee Nation
Past Editor of one our Nation's Newspaper that actually speaks the unvarnished truth.
So as for this debate on here it is all Moot
I suggest we close the Thread I don't see that its getting us anywhere. Cherokees can take care of this problem I know of no one here that can do anything.

Last edited by Josiah; 01-15-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread