Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues federal recognition for education, housing etc? federal recognition for education, housing etc?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #301
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
okay here is an example of what a fake group "nation" operating in Missouri and in 2002 recieved money....for what?....remember we still have no state of federal tribes, nations, clans headquarters here in Missouri....

Federal Assistance for Recipient Category : Nonprofits, Federal Fiscal Year : 2002, Recipient : SAPONI NATION OF MISSOURI, MAHENIPS BAND in state MO, Level of Detail : Summary

Fiscal Year: 2002
Federal dollars: $185,304
Total number of recipients: 1
Total number of transactions: 2
Get list of recipients
Get list of transactions

Top 5 Known Congressional Districts where Recipients are Located
Missouri 8 (Jo Ann Emerson) $185,304

Top 10 Recipients
SAPONI NATION OF MISSOURI, MAHENIPS BAND $185,304

Recipient Type
Nonprofits $185,304
Other $0
Individuals $0
Higher Education $0
Government $0
For Profits $0

Top 5 Programs
93.612: Native American Programs $185,304

Top 5 Agencies Providing Assistance
HHS - Secy. of Health and Human Services $185,304

Assistance Type
Grants and Cooperative Agreements

State: missouri

State Legislative Committees Dedicated to Indian Affairs:
No dedicated committee.

State Executive Branch Indian Affairs Commissions or Contacts:
None

Statistics

Tribes: 0

Pop. 25,076

list

how did this non recognized tribe get funds?
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #302
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Savings: 1.00
By sleeping with someone.LOL

Actually Kat, that's really not so hard to see if we all look into it. The fact is is that the gov. is broken up into different sections and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing (so they say). The section of the gov. that deals specifically with the Recognized Tribes is the DOI and the BIA. These funds don't look like they come from that section of the gov. So where, it looks to me like, they come from is the Minorities portion of the Gov. And they give funds to all Minority groups, not just Indians. There are many classifications from that group in which many can fall under the heading of "Native American". I have dealt with this before. But they are not for "Tribes" just supposed to be individuals who have some blood line, not necessarily a Tribal member. These are not supposed to be the funds that are marked for the Tribes, but I have my own opinion about that one, too.

That's where they can claim to prove that they are helping Indian people, through this part. It's how they cover their backsides.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #303
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 11,819.18
you gotta remember that theres federal and foundation monies available to everyone.....everyone who knows which forms to file and who to sleep with,that is. ever seen that infomercial with the guy wearing the suit with all the question marks on it? one program he talked about gets you 15K $ to quit work and write a novel.it doesnt even have to be a good one or get published, you just have to write one.
heres how federal budgets were explained to me; once your department has an established budget for, lets say 100$,for the fiscal year thats what you have to work with. if at the end of that fiscal year you only spent 80$ you dont get a pat on the back and a 'way to economize' .you dont even get to keep the extra 20$ for next year. you lose it altogether. whats more, since you made it through this year with only 80$ they only give you 80$ for next year. so lots of federal departments are more willing to give money just to keep their budget allowences up. its actually pretty demented.
i even had a temp job at a university one winter. at the fuel depot they have litterally hundreds of cars in a parking lot doing nothing.not being moved let alone driven,just parked there. i couldnt get a full time position in an understaffed department because they didnt have it in the budget to cover the payroll but they had all these cars sitting there. when i asked about it they told me the money for the cars came from a different budget.
they may have gotten money from a budget set aside to fund not for profits. who knows

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Last edited by FluteMaker; 09-26-2007 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: i kant spell fer crap
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #304
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Red face Thread re-visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
I have some very very good friends who went to Haskell. And let me tell you a thing or two about Haskell and their graduates. There graduates are some of the most educated people that I know and can talk with anyone on that other person's own level.
Every once in a great while, I revisit this thread to remind myself of what an idiot Kathy Dickerson is and to see if any direct opinion related to Haskell should be revisited.

Uh, "no."

Kathy is still the Native version of an Uncle Tom and Haskell continues to maintain apologists for being backward, isolationist, separatist, divisive and -- otherwise -- harmful for Native people, unless it changes. (What was the name of the loser that didn't WANT to graduate? You know, and get a J-O-B? And was mad when, after YEARS, her final classes were not seen as necessary in terms of offering her a diploma? Really, isn't graduation the POINT?)

I'm wondering when the President comes back from being moved to a different Native education hotspot, to try and keep it accredited? Obviously, she is perceived, globally, as someone that fixes problems: I'd presume that's why she was originally named President of Haskell.

For the record, I am yet to be aware of a single Haskell graduate that I respect merely via graduation, there. (Of those I respect, there are other reasons.) I am aware of many Haskell graduates that I do NOT respect, plainly because of its negative influence upon them, their ability to think, and their ingrained entitlement nature.

When you interact with Native people, you can tell someone that has paid their pittance per semester, for the educational version of government cheese, and hasn't realized that they did.

Those that realize, know what Haskell is. Hint: it's not inherently positive. Personally, I'd start with it having some standards...

And, via my revisit, KiowaKat/Kathy Dickerson continues to be a card-carrying fool.

Last edited by Zeke; 11-01-2009 at 08:34 PM..
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #305
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
nice words about Haskell zeke...and unbeleivable that anyone would stoop that low and bad mouth them that way. its disgusting and abhorent that he would belittle anyone who furthered their education,no matter where ... anyone associated with Haskell should be greatly offended and outraged by zekes comments...
Really?

Have you taken a look at the cesspool that I called out over three years ago?

I stand by my words, they have been -- rightfully -- vindicated.

And learn to spell.

Idiot...

Every once in a great while, I revisit this thread to remind myself of what an idiot Kathy Dickerson -- and Skillet? -- is and to see if any direct opinion related to Haskell should be revisited.

Uh, "no."
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links