Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues federal recognition for education, housing etc? federal recognition for education, housing etc?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #41
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
I just got an email and was wondering what you guys think? remember no federal or state recongized tribes or tribal offices in Missouri

my question to you is,can native americans do mass adoptions of ilegal immigrants.the reason is because there are people here where i live charging money for filing an adoption form.i want to know if that is legal,or if you know any tribe that is doing these.please write back i would appreciate it.

carthage missouri

this started a while back, they gave the people who applied which are thousands an adoption certificate and an id.last week they started going to the social security building to apply for a ss#. that is why i wonder if its legit or not?
I dont think it would be very legal to do this and by the way WHY? What would be the advantage to a tribe to do this
Charge them membership?
Legalize more americans? We already have too many Americans in this country as far as I am concerned!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #42
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
I dont think it would be very legal to do this and by the way WHY? What would be the advantage to a tribe to do this
Charge them membership?
Legalize more americans? We already have too many Americans in this country as far as I am concerned!
I agree josiah, they are after all the education, IHS, education etc help as if they were a tribe, again remember "tribe" is used in a wrong way, they are a group of non natives alowing Illegals in, and they closely resemble Indians in look, and who in Missouri would know the difference lol......so they are going to the nearest SSN office and getting their SSN card from the info on these fake cards that are givin out by these fake groups, oh geeeeez.

Last edited by kiowakat; 07-10-2007 at 07:26 AM..
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #43
Great Uncle Patrick

between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,691.96
Quote:
even if it isn't a legit tribe or group? thanks BTW!!
if it doesn't apply to legit tribes it sure as he77 doesn't apply to non-legit!

The immigration status of an individual and the path to citizenship falls on four very important acts:

1. Legal entry into the country
2. Maintenance of legal status in the country
3. Adjustment of status from lawful alien to lawful permanent resident (LPR)
4. If, after the appropriate period of time of maintaining LPR status (the amount of time is dependant on what your LPR is based on), you still satisfy all other prerequisites for citizenship - you pay money, take your test, and if the USCIS agent in charge of your case deems you are worthy you may take the oath of citizenship.

For the rest of your life you are required to carry ON YOUR PERSON your naturalization papers (or legally acceptable facsimile - ie your naturalization card). You can have all the other documentation you want - driver's license, social security card, CDIB - without your proof of naturalization on your person you can be ordered removed.
between2worlds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #44
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by between2worlds View Post
if it doesn't apply to legit tribes it sure as he77 doesn't apply to non-legit!

The immigration status of an individual and the path to citizenship falls on four very important acts:

1. Legal entry into the country
2. Maintenance of legal status in the country
3. Adjustment of status from lawful alien to lawful permanent resident (LPR)
4. If, after the appropriate period of time of maintaining LPR status (the amount of time is dependant on what your LPR is based on), you still satisfy all other prerequisites for citizenship - you pay money, take your test, and if the USCIS agent in charge of your case deems you are worthy you may take the oath of citizenship.

For the rest of your life you are required to carry ON YOUR PERSON your naturalization papers (or legally acceptable facsimile - ie your naturalization card). You can have all the other documentation you want - driver's license, social security card, CDIB - without your proof of naturalization on your person you can be ordered removed.
thank you for that information BTW!!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 AM   #45
Great Uncle Patrick

between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I agree josiah, they are after all the education, IHS, education etc help as if they were a tribe, again remember "tribe" is used in a wrong way, they are a group of non natives alowing Illegals in, and they closely resemble Indians in look, and who in Missouri would know the difference lol......so they are going to the nearest SSN office and getting their SSN card from the info on these fake cards that are givin out by these fake groups, oh geeeeez.
Please read this in regards to TANF. If Missouri is giving out TANF funds illegally report them!

Eligibility of Native Americans born in Canada or Mexico

(if anyone needs me to, I can post the entire page but it would take 4 or 5 separate posts to do it)

If the local Social Security office is issuing fradulent SSN's report them here:

Office of the Inspector General

Last edited by between2worlds; 07-10-2007 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: added link to SS fraud reporting
Old 07-10-2007, 07:44 AM   #46
Great Uncle Patrick

Quote:
thank you for that information BTW!!
*grin* Just don't ask me what it cost!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Please read this in regards to TANF. If Missouri is giving out TANF funds illegally report them!

Eligibility of Native Americans born in Canada or Mexico

(if anyone needs me to, I can post the entire page but it would take 4 or 5 separate posts to do it)

If the local Social Security office is issuing fradulent SSN's report them here:

Office of the Inspector General
BTW, ANA people are getting better about not handing out grants to these fake groups, it depended on who was in the director seat, ANA just changed policies, but that doesn't detour these group applying for other grant monies and taking consumer donations. okay well I'm on it lol.. I made numerous calls for about 3 months now, to the MO Senator (btw she is on the Indian commission board in dc) and she hasn't yet done anything (call back or show interest) about this situation here in her own backyard (meaning Missouri)...
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
*grin* Just don't ask me what it cost!
airmail ya some frybread right?? LOL
Old 07-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #49
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
WHY? What would be the advantage to a tribe to do this
Charge them membership?
you should check the chiefs of these groups they are the ones that get the membership money lol, the members are wanting to believe so bad that one day they'll become a legit tribe, but mean while back at the bank..lol
Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #50
Great Uncle Patrick

Quote:
BTW, ANA people are getting better about not handing out grants to these fake groups, it depended on who was in the director seat, ANA just changed policies, but that doesn't detour these group applying for other grant monies and taking consumer donations. okay well I'm on it lol.. I made numerous calls for about 3 months now, to the MO Senator (btw she is on the Indian commission board in dc) and she hasn't yet done anything (call back or show interest) about this situation here in her own backyard (meaning Missouri)...
If anyone wants to come to DC to yell at people in person they got a bed and food at my house.

The "not done anything part" is typical of DC in general. Ask WhoMe how many meetings he has to go to a week - and at how many of those meetings something actually gets decided/done. In DC it is the -appearance- of doing something that is important. Not -actually- doing something.

Me? I have 5 years 11 months and 5 days left in this crazy carnival funhouse.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #51
Great Uncle Patrick

Quote:
airmail ya some frybread right?? LOL
*laffs* Miika would thank you - I can't make frybread with my right hand/forearm in a cast (I broke my thumb a month ago). Miika makes a goot Irish soda bread... but frybread? nahhhhhhh
Old 07-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #52
Banned

Last edited by kiowakat; 07-10-2007 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: duplicate post oops
Old 07-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
*laffs* Miika would thank you - I can't make frybread with my right hand/forearm in a cast (I broke my thumb a month ago). Miika makes a goot Irish soda bread... but frybread? nahhhhhhh
sorry to hear about your thumb... making frybread would be a good exercise when the cast comes off lol, yeah I get the govt shuffle too, but I keep bugging them lol...gotta watch out for that fly swatter tho...hehehe
Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #54
Banned

Northern Cherokee Nation of Missouri and Arkansas - Topix

this is a blog from Carthage Missouri, disgruntle members....

Last edited by kiowakat; 07-10-2007 at 08:31 AM..
Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #55
Banned

Another scam, took place in Tamarac Florida with Little Shell Pimbina Band for $1500-2000/couple.

WhistleBlower: Tribal Adoption - Brightcove
Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #56
Junior Dancer

outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,712.26
Angry

Quote:
Another scam, took place in Tamarac Florida with Little Shell Pimbina Band for $1500-2000/couple.

WhistleBlower: Tribal Adoption - Brightcove
...that is just really, really f-d up wrong.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #57
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Holy crap!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #58
Great Uncle Patrick

bleh.

The news crew left a bunch of stuff out.

ndns have to pay taxes.

As far as I know, the only tax exemptions are in conjunction with selling goods on rez that would be state taxable off rez.

BQ is not uniform across all tribes (especially not 50%).

According to the DOI website "Tribal enrollment criteria are set forth in tribal constitutions, articles of incorporation or ordinances. The criterion varies from tribe to tribe, so uniform membership requirements do not exist."

Being adopted by a legitimate tribe does NOT make you a US citizen or exempt from the legal path to US citizenship.

If the person is a minor child (and the parents MUST file paperwork with INS) the child can achieve LPR as an adoptee THE SAME AS ANY OTHER ADOPTEE regardless of the adoptive parents' races or affiliations.

I hate the 30 sec soundbite. It leads to so much mis-information.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #59
Banned

Texas Civil Rights Project » Archive » Citizenship Fraud Program Underway in South Texas

Citizenship Fraud Program Underway in South Texas
Dear Friend of TCRP:

Throughout South Texas, to group calling itself the “Kaweah Indian Nation” you have been selling “citizenship” into the tribe to undocumented immigrants. Representatives have claimed that these documents will eventually lead to U.S. citizenship allow to owner to travel freely in the country and into and out of the country. They plows approaching pastors of small rural churches, to pleases of deep faith and trust for immigrant families, and convincing them to sign up to their congregations.

Is have been working closely with Caesar Chávez' community union, the Union of the Whole Town, to investigate this scam that is costing hard-working families $400-$1400. Unfortunately, for the I have spoken with, to their hopes and dreams of living and working here legally have been ruined eleven again.

Federal The government does not recognize the Kaweah Indian Nation; in fact, its application was denied in the 1980s. Only one recognized tribe, the Kickapoo to near Eagle Pass, there are the right to dual citizenship in United States and tribal Mexico because of the location of its historic lands.

This scam there are spread across the United States and Mexico. We have had calls from Houston and ace Officers' Club of Revolutionary Armed Forces away ace Californian Georgia and. I a.m. working hard to spread the Word that families should not buy these papers and should not present these papers to government officials ace proof of any right to be in the United States. Below is an article from the River Grande Valley to newspaper.

Corinna Spencer-Scheurich
Consumer Law Fellow
South Civil Texas Rights Project
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #60
Banned

Valley 8 June 2007

R U M B O

The tribe of the papers without legal value

JORGE LUIS SIERRA

Undocumented people gave money by certificates of the Kaweah Indian Nation

ALTON - Members of the group Kaweah Indian Nation Inc. (KIN) have penetrated the networks of shepherds of local evangelical churches to recruit to undocumented workers like members of that supposed tribe India. According to testimonies, KIN offers to the undocumented people the possibility of regularizing their migratory situation, previous payment of the proceeding of membresía of the tribe, who ascends to about $400 by person in average.
The leader of that group, Malcolm L. Webber - known like `Grand Chief Thunderbird IV' -, also shows itself like president of the Congregational Bible Inc. Church, according to shepherds and immigrants interviewed. Its pastoral condition facilitated the approach to him to evangelical congregations of Mission, Alton, Weslaco, Álamo and San Juan, as well as to promote the adhesion to the tribe between its faithfuls, many of Mexican undocumented them.

Webber, whom the federal government does not recognize India ancestry to him, began to invite to the tribe to evangelical shepherds and their families. Later, the shepherds requested to him that the invitation extended to all the members of its churches, said Jorge Villarreal, shepherd of the church Cars of Israel, in Alton.

But the documents of `India citizenship' that KIN offers do not give right who has them to enjoy migratory benefits or own rights of the American citizens. Corinna lawyer Spencer, of the South Civil Texas Rights Project, said that the KIN documents lack validity because it is not recognized by the federal government. The Office of Indian Subjects of the Department of the Interior of the United States confirmed that KIN did not fulfill the requirements obligatory to be recognized like tribe India and, therefore, refused the federal recognition to him in 1985. Since then KIN has not returned to ask for their recognition before the Department of the Interior.

Documents without value

“No tribe with federal recognition imposes positions to extend a document of property to the tribe”, said Robin Shield, spokesman of the Office of Indian Subjects. “To be member of a tribe recognized by the federal government it does not guarantee automatically that their members are going to have the right to a number of social insurance nor to a citizenship of EU”, Shield said. “If something is promised to them more, then that indicates an alert flag”.

The members of a tribe India must present/display identity cards sent by the federal government, and not by the same tribe, to enter to EU or to pass the points of migratory revision in Falfurrias or Sarita [to the north of the Valley of the Grande River], noticed Felix Garza, spokesman of the office of Customs and Border Protection, of the Department of Inner Security.

By themselves, the identity cards that emit KIN are not sufficient to obtain a number of Social Insurance in EU. The members of tribes Indians must present/display a comprobante of birth or faith of baptism and a valid identification, said to Anna Lopez, regional spokesman of the Administration of the Social Insurance.

The requests of the Valley of the Grande River would be processed in Dallas, where the list of 561 tribes is used Indians with federal recognition in EU to decide if a number of Social Insurance is granted or not, said Lopez. The KIN nonfigure between those 561 tribes.

What are the Kaweah?

In fact, the Kaweah Indian Inc. Nation and the Congregational Bible Inc. Church are registered as corporations without aims of profit in the state of Kansas and share he himself address in the city of Wichita. Both have like director to Webber.

Webber did not respond to the COURSE calls, but Ralph Tipton, legal adviser and `ambassador of the tribe', said that its group tries to recruit to Mexican in the Valley because “the great majority of them has 80% of native India blood”.

“We want that the EU government recognizes the Mexicans like members of a native tribe”, Tipton said. “Right now a native Indian can go and come [from EU], work, have many benefits”.

Tipton said, however, that “until the tribe is recognized, there will be no advantage”. “When the tribe is recognized by the federal government, then their members will be able to work and to enter and to leave EU freely”. The fact is that that recognition already was denied in 1985 and if were requested again “could take long time”, said Shield, of the Office of Indian Subjects.

To pay first, to distrust later

That precision was not informed to them to the undocumented people at the time of receiving the supply to pay by his `India citizenship'. `Pedro' - member of the congregation Cars of Israel and that it preferred not to reveal his identity to reside illegally in the country said that it thought that the KIN could regularize their migratory situation and `certified of citizenship paid $400 to him by his' and its identity card India, in addition to $25 by each one of his three children been born in Mexico. Also it paid $100 by him and $25 by each one of his children, money that would be in benefit of the congregation.

The undocumented person gave to the money to the shepherd Jorge him Villarreal. This one said, nevertheless, that other members of the church had lent him the money to `Pedro'. Of all ways, Villarreal remained with the money for the congregation and said that the rest gave to the shepherd Victor to it Ramirez, of the congregation Castle of the King in Edinburg.

Ramirez accepted that he reunited requests and orders of payment and that when packages of 100 requests were joined along with sent the money to Webber.

`Marisela', undocumented resident of the south of Mission, that it preferred to stay anonymous, said that she participated in the shipment of 200 requests and orders of payment to the seat of KIN in Kansas.

The complaints of people who felt defrauded began to be multiplied. In three offices of the Union of the Whole Town (LUPE) they have been received more than 100 telephone calls of people who paid or who knew that she had paid by the documents that KIN offers, said to Olga Cardoso, LUPE spokesman.

LUPE and South Civil Texas Rights Project denounced what an attempt considered to obtain with the desperation of the undocumented people. The consulate of Mexico in McAllen asked people “to abstain to contract to the services of individuals or organizations who promise to fix papers through waiting lists, adoptions in tribes Indians, or changes in the migratory legislation”.

The denunciations notched the spirit of the shepherds. In later interview, Villarreal said that it no longer would continue promoting the adhesion KIN between the members of his congregation. Although Ramirez said that the shepherds of the Valley continue having faith in the project of the tribe India, also added that they are to the slope of the possibility of a deceit. “If there is it, that must say the authorities to it”, said Ramirez.

Until now, the Office of the judge advocate general of Texas has not received complaints of immigrants who have felt deceived by KIN, said Paco Felici, spokesman of the solicitor. “We investigated any attempt of abuse to the immigrants, if somebody has a complaint or asks can call us to the 1-800-252-8011 ″.

Internal divisions

The disqualifications that KIN received modified their strategy. Ralph Tipton said to COURSE that the people in charge of the rumors and the feeling of deceit between the immigrants were the shepherds and gave the name of Francisco Santa Cruz like “one of the shepherds who were been lying and robbing people”.

Santa Cruz, shepherd of the church House of the Oration in Weslaco, rejected that affirmation and said to COURSE that Tipton was a “incompetent person” who suitably did not defend the interests of the tribe. “I personally said to the Grand Chief Thunderbird [to him Webber] in Kansas that Tipton was ignorante, in addition it says that it has his office in San Antonio, but that office does not exist”, said Santa Cruz. The address of the office of Tipton in San Antonio is a post-office box in a UPS office, only verified COURSE.

Tipton announced that the Kaweah Indian Nation will follow its activities in the Valley. It will have to face the distrust that has been generated already in some shepherds of the region and the fact that their documents lack official validity.
Sponsored Links