Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree52Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Fundraiser for Tribal Nation's! Fundraiser for Tribal Nation's!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
nativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scale
Credits: 171.23
Savings: 0.00
Fundraiser for Tribal Nation's!

Greetings! I am here trying to reach out to people! Please help support this fundraiser! These funds will help a Tribal Nation! Link to the fundraiser and facebook page....

https://fundly.com/tribes-united?noguide=1#

Connect with facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanInd..._type=bookmark
LISA IRONMAKER likes this.
nativespirit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 64,897.58
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativespirit1 View Post
Greetings! I am here trying to reach out to people! Please help support this fundraiser! These funds will help a Tribal Nation! Link to the fundraiser and facebook page....

https://fundly.com/tribes-united?noguide=1#

Connect with facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanInd..._type=bookmark
O.K. , I'll bite ! LOL Just what are you raising funds for ?
LISA IRONMAKER and windanncer like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
And just how do tribes "compete " to possibly win ?

Who administers this account ?

It very vague !
windanncer and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,631.79
At least spammers try to sell stuff LOL
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

nativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scalenativespirit1 is off the scale
About the Fundraiser!

I understand that someone made a comment that I was illiterate. This is untrue, I use exclamation points to indicate that this is important. I do not care for ill dialogue and insults. I am here trying to make a difference. No need for negative comments, thanks.
Also, I understand that there is concern that my details are vague. I am open for questions to further explain details, just ask. The purpose of this fundraiser is to help Federal and State Recognized Tribes complete Programs to benefit their Tribe. I have sent notice to a few Tribes, but have not received anything back yet. It is simple to apply, The Tribal Nation interested just has to upload a video on youtube explaining how much money they need and for what. The link should then be sent to me either through the facebook page, or message through the fundraiser site. The video will then be shared on the fundraiser page for others to view. Also, Fundly is a website for people to fundraise money for things they are passionate about. I learned about this through a friend who is raising money for his deceased friend's gravestone. It is about individuals taking action. If you are a Tribal Member of a Federal or State Recognized Tribe pass on the word and submit a video! I am living in "Indian Country" on a Reservation, therefore I feel I am affected with Native issues. For any other questions please do not hesitate to ask! Also, as mentioned prior, no negative statements, Thanks!
Old 07-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
I understand that someone made a comment that I was illiterate. This is untrue, I use exclamation points to indicate that this is important. I do not care for ill dialogue and insults. I am here trying to make a difference. No need for negative comments, thanks.
Also, I understand that there is concern that my details are vague. I am open for questions to further explain details, just ask. The purpose of this fundraiser is to help Federal and State Recognized Tribes complete Programs to benefit their Tribe. I have sent notice to a few Tribes, but have not received anything back yet. It is simple to apply, The Tribal Nation interested just has to upload a video on youtube explaining how much money they need and for what. The link should then be sent to me either through the facebook page, or message through the fundraiser site. The video will then be shared on the fundraiser page for others to view. Also, Fundly is a website for people to fundraise money for things they are passionate about. I learned about this through a friend who is raising money for his deceased friend's gravestone. It is about individuals taking action. If you are a Tribal Member of a Federal or State Recognized Tribe pass on the word and submit a video! I am living in "Indian Country" on a Reservation, therefore I feel I am affected with Native issues. For any other questions please do not hesitate to ask! Also, as mentioned prior, no negative statements, Thanks!

O.K. I'll address this right off. I am a moderator on this site. This is a PUBLIC forum. You can not dictate someones opinion. You know , free speech and all that !We don't allow profanity and we don't allow you to be harshly bashed , but negative comments should be expected !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #7
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
I understand that someone made a comment that I was illiterate. This is untrue, I use exclamation points to indicate that this is important. I do not care for ill dialogue and insults. I am here trying to make a difference. No need for negative comments, thanks !
I see no such comment on here. To say such a thing without merit/proof , just makes you seem like an a$$ ! Of course that is only my opinion !Generally when someone legit , has a plan , then they will share the details to the public. Details , not generalities ! I want to raise money to help tribes ! Well , heck , I wanna do that too ! Send me $150,000 and I'll help some tribal folks.....my tribal folks !

And just so you don't think I'm posting negative comments , I'll just say I POSITIVELY think you are a crackpot trying to line his own pockets !People like you disgust me.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
O.K. I'll address this right off. I am a moderator on this site. This is a PUBLIC forum. You can not dictate someones opinion. You know , free speech and all that !We don't allow profanity and we don't allow you to be harshly bashed , but negative comments should be expected !

I understand, I guess I assumed that it was unnecessary for negative comments, when the topic is not negative. I was not trying to dictate anything either, simply using "Free Speech" asking people not to send negative comments, not demanding it. I have no ill intention's, so I assumed that people uninterested in my post would ignore it.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #9
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Quote:
I understand, I guess I assumed that it was unnecessary for negative comments, when the topic is not negative. I was not trying to dictate anything either, simply using "Free Speech" asking people not to send negative comments, not demanding it. I have no ill intention's, so I assumed that people uninterested in my post would ignore it.
What wardancer is saying that we expected to have negative comments which meant we are very blunt on our perspective as Natives. It just letting you know how we feel about some subjects that we don't agree with. As for fundraising, it is all about money and having us donate money to you. This is not a good idea because we may be scammed by anyone who are trying to get money from us online. It would be better if you would be out in the open in public, not online to show and ask for donations for the fundraising that you want to have for Tribal Nations or tribal members. Just making my point across.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
What wardancer is saying that we expected to have negative comments which meant we are very blunt on our perspective as Natives. It just letting you know how we feel about some subjects that we don't agree with. As for fundraising, it is all about money and having us donate money to you. This is not a good idea because we may be scammed by anyone who are trying to get money from us online. It would be better if you would be out in the open in public, not online to show and ask for donations for the fundraising that you want to have for Tribal Nations or tribal members. Just making my point across.
Beautifully said! I understand completely! I know I am a good person, doing the right thing, but because of all the Bad out there, trust is difficult. I had an idea and went with it, with all the goodness in me. I am trying to go public, contacting Media sources, and emailing tribes individually, it has been exhausting. Not only support by donating, just sharing it is helpful. I am waiting for the Tribes to come forward and get involved, I don't need the money, it is not for me, I live very comfortably on the Connecticut Reservation in which I live. I am doing my best, but not getting enough support. So I would like to apologize for everyone's suspicion, not the intended purpose I had at all. Once the Tribes submit material, then people will be able to see exactly what the money is going to be used for. I appreciate how you addressed your opinion/concern and without profanity, it certainly brings positivity. Thanks!
DeafElderWoman likes this.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 123,607.30
Quote:
Beautifully said! I understand completely! I know I am a good person, doing the right thing, but because of all the Bad out there, trust is difficult. I had an idea and went with it, with all the goodness in me. I am trying to go public, contacting Media sources, and emailing tribes individually, it has been exhausting. Not only support by donating, just sharing it is helpful. I am waiting for the Tribes to come forward and get involved, I don't need the money, it is not for me, I live very comfortably on the Connecticut Reservation in which I live. I am doing my best, but not getting enough support. So I would like to apologize for everyone's suspicion, not the intended purpose I had at all. Once the Tribes submit material, then people will be able to see exactly what the money is going to be used for. I appreciate how you addressed your opinion/concern and without profanity, it certainly brings positivity. Thanks!
'This fundraiser is to help support a project/development for a Federal or State Recognized Tribe. The idea is that once the money goal is reached all Tribes are able to submit their projects'

So let's talk about this 'native spirit'.

You're doing a fundraiser to help support Federal or state recognized tribes. According to your site, 'once the money goal is reached', tribes can submit their applications.

According to your site, you have three members, 2 are Thibideau and one is asian. You have set a goal of $150,000. You have raised 0 dollars and you only have 47 days left to raise money.

Tell us, in your best Indian voice, how you are going to help the Indian people.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
'This fundraiser is to help support a project/development for a Federal or State Recognized Tribe. The idea is that once the money goal is reached all Tribes are able to submit their projects'

So let's talk about this 'native spirit'.

You're doing a fundraiser to help support Federal or state recognized tribes. According to your site, 'once the money goal is reached', tribes can submit their applications.

According to your site, you have three members, 2 are Thibideau and one is asian. You have set a goal of $150,000. You have raised 0 dollars and you only have 47 days left to raise money.

Tell us, in your best Indian voice, how you are going to help the Indian people.

Well First and foremost, my last name is Thibodeau, and my brother clicked like on my fundraiser. Tribes are encouraged to submit their goals now and throughout the fundraiser, there is not a specific time frame, it just so happens that the fundly website has a timer. Also, I am not using any voice other than my own. And not only Natives can help Natives, I am a Native Spouse and care deeply about the history and culture. I live in "Indian Country" and therefore it affects me.I have met with many Tribal Individuals who don't care about Natives as a whole, so there are people who support Tribes who are not Native. I am selling things on Ebay to help raise money on my own as well. I wish that many people here were more supportive instead of trying to paint this in every negative light. I am a good loving person, who wants to help people.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #13
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 86,347.52
Which reservation in CT do you live on?

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #14
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
I don't know you and I don't know how sincere you are in accomplishing what you say you want to do. SO I am not accusing you personally of anything. But I am allowed my views and to voice my concerns.

Its hard to determine if it happens to be a legit proposal, other than taking your word for it. Sure many say they want to help, but they mostly want to help themselves to other peoples money.

Just my two cents.
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #15
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
I don't know you and I don't know how sincere you are in accomplishing what you say you want to do. SO I am not accusing you personally of anything. But I am allowed my views and to voice my concerns.

Its hard to determine if it happens to be a legit proposal, other than taking your word for it. Sure many say they want to help, but they mostly want to help themselves to other peoples money.

Just my two cents.
I appreciate your comment! I know it's hard to believe in the goodness of people. I am a good person and truly mean what I say. I have signed petitions to help free Leonard Pellitier, Help get the Lakota Children back to their families after being taken from child services. I just need Tribal Nation's to start submitting things! That way people will see how the funds will be spent. I am trying to sell things on Ebay to add my own money as well. I am not only asking for donations I am asking people to click support that does not involve money, it helps spread the word. I have emailed quite a few Tribes, and just waiting for responses. Anyone can send a private message as well to learn more about what their Tribe has to do to submit for funding! or for any other questions.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #16
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,631.79
wardancer and windanncer like this.

"Show me somethin"

Last edited by gilisi; 07-06-2014 at 12:53 AM..
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #17
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
I got your pm, but I don't care how much you say you want to help native people and that you care. People have been telling the Natives that for years. I can honestly say that I do donate to causes, but your proposal is totally suspect, so I wont be donating to it. Who knows, if it turns out legit I can revisit it in the future.

lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #18
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 123,607.30
Quote:
Well First and foremost, my last name is Thibodeau, and my brother clicked like on my fundraiser. Tribes are encouraged to submit their goals now and throughout the fundraiser, there is not a specific time frame, it just so happens that the fundly website has a timer. Also, I am not using any voice other than my own. And not only Natives can help Natives, I am a Native Spouse and care deeply about the history and culture. I live in "Indian Country" and therefore it affects me.I have met with many Tribal Individuals who don't care about Natives as a whole, so there are people who support Tribes who are not Native. I am selling things on Ebay to help raise money on my own as well. I wish that many people here were more supportive instead of trying to paint this in every negative light. I am a good loving person, who wants to help people.
Many of us who have worked for Indian Tribes or Urban organizations have seen 'fundraisers' and how they operate. Always for a 'percentage' of the proceeds. Raising money on a 'local level' always ensures the money is going directly to to the local tribe. Finding 'grants' is a little more work, but the funding is guaranteed to go to the tribe.

On-line fundraising is where unseen people make money. You may have your heart in the right place, but it's not always the case about those with whom surround yourself.

Fundly charges fees based on the scale of the fundraiser. Individual campaigns are charged 4.9% of the funds collected, plus 3% credit card fees. Campaigns that reach certain donation levels receive discounts on the fee percentage that Fundly charges. Campaign donations raised from $50,001 to $500,000 are charged 4.4%, donations raised from $500,001 to $1,000,000 are charged 3.9% and every donation raised over $1,000,000 is charged 2.9% [4]

It should be mentioned Fundly got a 'safe' rating.

So you see, Mrs Thibodeau, not all the raised funds go to the tribes.

It should also be noted there is no negativity in this post.

This is me ---->

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #19
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 65,516.39
Mr Thibodeau, could you explain why you think you can do a better job at this than the established Native charitable and philanthropic organizations? Organizations, which as 501c3 or the like, have to meet certain standards of record keeping and public disclosure.

Or perhaps, at least, why you don't want to work with an existing philanthropy?

Understand, raising money for the "poor benighted Indian" is a much abused cause. People within our communities are justifiable distrustful.
windanncer, subeeds and gilisi like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Mr Thibodeau, could you explain why you think you can do a better job at this than the established Native charitable and philanthropic organizations? Organizations, which as 501c3 or the like, have to meet certain standards of record keeping and public disclosure.

Or perhaps, at least, why you don't want to work with an existing philanthropy?

Understand, raising money for the "poor benighted Indian" is a much abused cause. People within our communities are justifiable distrustful.
I was looking to do something on my own, instead of working for the vision of someone else. I have found that many organization's get something out of it, even a salary, I am not paying myself a salary. Governments, organization's, etc have had their share of corruption and selfishness, need not forget Tribal Member's steal from other Tribal Member's. I am trying to bring honesty, that is why I am trying to go solo. Also, someone commented that fundly charges fees, this is true, but the more money raised the less the fees will be. The idea is to have a minimum of 100,000 dollars to be for funding a Tribal Program/Project. I try to make it clear that as soon as Tribes get involved people will get more engaged, because the Programs will be available to see. I am waiting on Tribal Nation's to submit.
Sponsored Links