Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues The "Grandmother Drum Project"/ Whirling Rainbow Foundation The "Grandmother Drum Project"/ Whirling Rainbow Foundation

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
Singer/ Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
Savings: 1.00
The "Grandmother Drum Project"/ Whirling Rainbow Foundation

Ran across this... anyone know anything about this? Sounds hokie to me!

Here is information on it I got from their web-site at: White Eagle and The Whirling Rainbow Foundation, Grandmother Drum Project this is their "press release."

Read and judge for yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------

GrandMother Drum International Peace Project
"RING OF FIRE" WORLD TOUR
White Eagle Medicine Woman, Director and DrumKeeper
The Whirling Rainbow Foundation
P.O. Box 2822
Palmer, Alaska 99645
907‐745‐5636
907‐715‐4433 Tour Cell
[email protected]
White Eagle and The Whirling Rainbow Foundation, Grandmother Drum Project
From a vision of indigenous grandmothers and many hands of the multicultural Alaskan community, the large, seven‐foot diameter, crystal inlaid, GrandMother Drum was built in 2000. The GrandMother Drum is traveling the world as an international symbol of the Universal Heart that connects all races and all cultures of the human family. Immediately after her birth in 2001, GrandMother Drum was invited to be the very heartbeat of Alaska's largest human rights march, the "We the People" Alaska Native Subsistence March gathering over five thousand people. Within six months, the worldwide request for her community healing work spread like a wildfire. The project then launched two "Ring of Fire" World
Tours in Australia, traveling over twenty thousand miles throughout the country in 2002 and 2003 sharing culture, promoting cross‐cultural awareness, healing and reconciliation. The project worked intimately with the Aboriginal communities in countless reconciliation gatherings with Australia's
"Stolen Generation" premiered in the movie, "Rabbit Proof Fence." The project also worked directly with Aboriginal Elder Eileen Brown and the Kungka Juta grandmothers in their plight to keep a nuclear waste dump from their tribal lands.
The GrandMother Drum is a living, beating symbol from the hearts of the grandmothers that we are all one people, that Mother Earth is our one country, that love is stronger than fear and that peace and freedom are the birthrights of all humanity. The drum is the centerpiece of creating celebrations that honor the unique gifts and spiritual traditions of the diverse cultures of the human family with the
theme: The Heartbeat of One Family, One Earth. The dynamic multicultural performances share an explosive mix of thundering primal rhythms, irresistible music and dance.
The largest drum of its kind in the world, the GrandMother Drum took over a year to construct, and has over 1300 strips of wood, two hundred crystals inlaid in its kettle base and is covered by one giant buffalo hide. All this combined produces a phenomenal sound that not only stirs the soul, but has a
tremendous healing effect on the body. "When people of diverse cultures are beating together around a thundering seven‐foot heartbeat, they get it," says drum keeper White Eagle, "They remember who they are and what is really importantcaring, sharing and respecting one another. GrandMother Drum is electrifying‐she is absolutely
contagious!" The "Ring of Fire" World Tours involve interactive performance concerts, personal and community healing ceremonies, drum making workshops, children's storytelling, dance, ritual art, and earth healings that focus on the activation of what the grandmothers refer to as the "Ring of Fire." This ring is a key site in the healing taking place for earth's people over the next ten years. The project conducts special land activation's and healings in caves, hot springs and volcanic areas throughout the earth's "Ring of Fire".
Early in 2001, GrandMother Drum gave birth to the Baby Drum Project. Baby Drums are replicas of the giant seven‐foot drum made in workshops throughout the tour. They allow people around the world to get personally involved in the project's ongoing worldwide drumming vigils for peace. "We know our
collective thought makes a difference and we want to gather a Million Drums for Peace," says drum keeper White Eagle, "and connect our global family heartbeat to heartbeat." Over three thousand Baby Drums have been made and sold with proceeds supporting the international travels of the GrandMother Drum. The GrandMother Drum Project also builds large three‐ foot "Mother Drums" to seed drumming
in communities as they tour. In September 2004, the GrandMother Drum set the Guinness Book of World Records for the "Largest Drum Ensemble" connecting over four thousand drummers with another 150 cities in 50 countries with
an intention for world peace.
After two world tours, the GrandMother Drum Project returned home to Alaska in 2004, releasing their debut CD, Journey of the Heart, at the Valentine's Day, Big Drum, Big Love multicultural concert. Just months later the CD's, "Traveling Song" won in the Inspirational category of the Alaska Public Radio's Song of the Year.
In January 2007, The GrandMother Drum International Peace Project launched its fourth "Ring of Fire" World Tour with its premiere DVD, GrandMother Drum: Awakening the Global Heart and the Soundtrack CD, Songlines of the Soul. The Project just returned from its fourth world tour traveling 18,000 miles
from Alaska to Guatemala reuniting the people of the Americas in peace and reconciliation and planting original Mayan seed corn in communities to reclaim our earth and bring public awareness to the effects of genetically modified foods.
To book the GrandMother Drum International Peace Project in your area or at your events contact us at the above address.
Concertgoers are shaken to the core by GrandMother Drum's soulful thunder‐her universal power in undeniable. Heather Resz‐ Anchorage Chronicle "At a time when there are few good news stories around, the GrandMother Drum and its people
represent a truly inspiring project to help build communities." ‐ Ken Jacobs, World Music Promotions Gold Coast, Australia
Old 03-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #2
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
And if you want to know where they're going... here's their schedule:

February 8, 2008-Loveland, Colorado
GrandMother Drum Prayerformance and Opening Tour Ceremonies

February 9-10, 2008 - Loveland, Colorado
Shamanic Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum with Community "Mother Drum" Initiation Ceremony

February 22-24, 2008 - Trail of Tears Broken Arrow, OK
Pipe Ceremony, Opening Healing

March 1, 2008- Chattanooga, Tennessee
GrandMother Drum Prayerformance

March 2, 2008- Chattanooga, Tennessee
Traditional Fire Ceremony for the Healing of the Waters

March 8th, 2008 - Luray, Shenandoah Valley, VA
Spirit Walk Group Healing Session 6:30-9:00pm

March 9-10, 2008 Luray, Shenadoah Valley, Va

Medicine Wheel Portal Activation Ceremony 11-6 Sun

11-4pm Mon.

March 14, 2008 - Moorestown, New Jersey

March 16, 2008 - Wilmington, Delaware
Grandmother Drum Prayerformance

March 18-22, 2008 - Near Trenton, NJ
Spring Equinox Healing Waters Ceremony- Delaware Water Gap.

April 4, 2008, Weymouth, MA
GrandMotherDrum Prayerformance

April 5-6, 2008, Weymouth, MA
Medicine Wheel Portal Activation Ceremony with GrandMother Drum

April 13, 2008 Newtown, Pennsylvania

GrandMother Drum Prayerformance 10am-1pm.

April 20, 2008- Walter Reed Military Hospital, Washington DC Private Community Healing Ceremony

April 25, 2008- Rocky River, Ohio

April 26-27, 2008-Rocky River, Ohio
Shamanic Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum

May 1, 2008 - Worldwide
Grandmother Drum: Awakening the Global Heart Film Premiere on Global Love Day Worldwide!

May 2, 2008- Oakland County, Michigan

May 3-4, 2008- Oxford, Michigan
Shamanic Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum with Community "Mother Drum" Initiation Ceremony

May 11, 2008-Bowling Green, Ohio
Mother Day Healing Waters Ceremony

May 23, 2008- Fort Worth, Texas

May 24-25, 2008 - Dallas, Ft. Worth, TX
Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum

June 6-8, 2008- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Red Earth Festival- tentative

June 12-15, 2008 Black Hills, South Dakota
Community Healing Ceremonies

June 17, 2008- West Yellowstone, Montana
Language of One: Metatron Graduation Ceremony

June 18-21, 2008 - West Yellowstone, MT
The Gathering of One, Global Eden Event

July 4-6, 2008-Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Medicine Wheel Portal Ceremonial Weekend

BACK HOME IN ALASKA!
August 9, 2008- Homer, Alaska

August 10, 2008- Homer, Alaska
Illuminating the Sacred Heart Teachings

August 14-19, 2008 Homer, Alaska
Morning Dove Lodge: Shamanic Women's Healing Ceremonies Launching of the Rainbow Fire Dream Lodge.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 7,626.25
theyre some pricey individuals...... first day is 2500$ or 60% of the gate, whichever is more. additional days are 1500$ per or 60 % of the gate whichever is more.and thats just to get them there.....for workshops they get 111$/person with a 10 person minimum

I know the voices arent real
but man, they have some great ideas
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
Fancy Shawl Dancer

Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 368.00
hmmmmmm?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Yes.. I do.. and I've posted about this woman before! She's a flaky, pale white chick with red hair who was claiming Seneca when I first met her but did'nt recognize her "traditional" songs and found out her family was Twyla Nitch.

She is the one that started this grandmother drum project because the natives up here started telling her that women are'nt supposed to be on a powwow drum and I don't think she liked being told she could'nt because she was a woman.

She tries to act all peaceful and serene and she just gives you the willies to stand next to her like most of these really flaked out New Agers.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 41,156.97
Savings: 0.00
And people will actually believe this won't they? The Twyla Nitch name is ringin' a bell for some reason. I thought at first it said Twyla Witch in you post, BB. LOL! Got to get these bifocals amped up one day.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #7
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
And people will actually believe this won't they? The Twyla Nitch name is ringin' a bell for some reason. I thought at first it said Twyla Witch in you post, BB. LOL! Got to get these bifocals amped up one day.
yeah, that can happen. i lived in indiana the year mitch daniels was elected gov'ner. his campaign signs read "my man mitch". one day i was running late on my way to work and i saw a sign out of the corner of my eye and i swear it read
"my main bi*ch"

Old 03-24-2008, 03:05 AM   #8
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
LOL that's what I would have thought it said!!!

Twylah is enrolled with the Seneca Nation of Indians but only becuase she fits the criteria. She's not got a quantum that would impress anyone but she's down a maternal line so she qualifies. She also never grew up with the Seneca, around or involved with them in any way shape or form but passes her new age crap off as traditional seneca spiritualism. And apparently she adopts just about everyone she meets.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:31 AM   #9
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Sorry but I quit reading when I saw "whirling rainbow".
Old 03-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
LOL that's what I would have thought it said!!!

Twylah is enrolled with the Seneca Nation of Indians but only becuase she fits the criteria. She's not got a quantum that would impress anyone but she's down a maternal line so she qualifies. She also never grew up with the Seneca, around or involved with them in any way shape or form but passes her new age crap off as traditional seneca spiritualism. And apparently she adopts just about everyone she meets.
see, now thats what sucks...... i have a more than an adequate quantum, but my herritage is from my fathers family so im out regardless, but thats the way its always been. it just sucks that people who have the heritage can be excluded while twinkies like that get to carry on the snack cake line

Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 121,060.76
A twinkie is a twinkie no matter what company makes it!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #12
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
see, now thats what sucks...... i have a more than an adequate quantum, but my herritage is from my fathers family so im out regardless, but thats the way its always been. it just sucks that people who have the heritage can be excluded while twinkies like that get to carry on the snack cake line
After all her misleading of the whole Seneca culture and misrepresentation.. personally I would have moved to have had her dis-enrolled myself. But I know people who have called the main offices for SNI and they don't deny she's enrolled but don't exactly lay claim to her either.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #13
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Just another hokey crystal carrying crazy woman. So sorry to say she lives in Alaska! I think its important to pass this information around the internet, so people won't waste their time or money on these "performances."
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #14
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
YouTube - GrandMother Drum White Eagle

I'm sorry, here is the Link of her promotional video. I had a hard time not giggling at it.

Last edited by WocusWoman; 03-24-2008 at 07:54 PM..
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
Loving Life

RainbowSpiriDancer is a name known to all
Credits: 200.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post

LOL! I'm still laughing at BB's post about the "Witch of NC." LOL! Now here you go saying "Twyla Witch." LOL! I don't think BB has read my several posts yet! LOL! You folks are a mess! LOL!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #16
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
I will tell you what I think about this site. It looks like a new age wahNAHbee thing to me. And I am gonna quit going to all these sites that get posted on here, seems like all the hookie ones cause my internet explorer to crash. Then all my windows close. Thats bad when you are trying to complete a pay pal transaction.

I will say one thing about all of these "colorful" people though, they are all trying to save the world, each in their own little way.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #17
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
I will tell you what I think about this site. It looks like a new age wahNAHbee thing to me. And I am gonna quit going to all these sites that get posted on here, seems like all the hookie ones cause my internet explorer to crash. Then all my windows close. Thats bad when you are trying to complete a pay pal transaction.

I will say one thing about all of these "colorful" people though, they are all trying to save the world, each in their own little way.
you just gotta clean the cream filling out of the CPU

Old 03-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #18
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WocusWoman View Post
YouTube - GrandMother Drum White Eagle

I'm sorry, here is the Link of her promotional video. I had a hard time not giggling at it.
Did you ever meet her? I'd be surprised if you have'nt... she used to "drum" for a short time with that mixed gender drum from Anchorage (who now does'nt let women on the drum) and used to go to all the alaskan powwows until people started telling her to take a hike.

The first time I saw her was on the eating break at the Eklutna powwow in 2000 and she was "entertaining" the lunch crowds with her "traditional" seneca songs that I did'nt recognize becuase they sounded like something Buffy St. Marie would have sang in an unrecognizable language.

The last powwow I saw her at she was trying to fancy dance wearing a fake buckskin dress, using an open poncho for a shawl with head hole framing her red hair and jingle bells sewn to the end of her fake buckskin dress and doing some kind of wierd skipping move. OH and sporting her pentagram necklace.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #19
Loving Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
Did you ever meet her? I'd be surprised if you have'nt... she used to "drum" for a short time with that mixed gender drum from Anchorage (who now does'nt let women on the drum) and used to go to all the alaskan powwows until people started telling her to take a hike.

The first time I saw her was on the eating break at the Eklutna powwow in 2000 and she was "entertaining" the lunch crowds with her "traditional" seneca songs that I did'nt recognize becuase they sounded like something Buffy St. Marie would have sang in an unrecognizable language.

The last powwow I saw her at she was trying to fancy dance wearing a fake buckskin dress, using an open poncho for a shawl with head hole framing her red hair and jingle bells sewn to the end of her fake buckskin dress and doing some kind of wierd skipping move. OH and sporting her pentagram necklace.
BB I saw in one of your other posts that you mentioned the shaman thing as being associated with Wicca. I didn't realize that "shaman" was associated with Wicca. That sure turned on a light for me because I've heard someone we both know call themselves a "shaman." In fact, I've heard several people we both know call themselves a "shaman." What a mess!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #20
Loving Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post

Crazywolf, I know what you mean. The same thing happened to me last night when I went to that Spiritlink site that Spottedeagle posted. LOL! My computer froze and cut completey off. I had to restart it. LOL!