PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Native Issues (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/)
-   -   Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/guts-grease-diet-native-americans-42816/)

Josiah 04-29-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence is golden (Post 1108306)
To Blackbear,im sorry,im jusrt brand new to computers,and, i know you dont care about your health,but you should never sit in front of a computer when you are pregnant,and you shouldnt be cutting down sun bear,.......it sounds like a lot of you are going to be slaughtered for lots of lifetimes..though eating meat dulls your brain and you cant understand ancient teachings,and makes you not care about your self..Its stupid to eat the cows.Native Americans never used to eat cows.You have to be the beef for many future lifetimes,and most likely die of cancer in this life.,duh...In all ancient cultures,the cow is considered to be like a mother,giving milk freely,for millions of recipees,and the bull is like the father,he helps till the land.In India,and Thailand,ive seen cows beiing allowed to freely roam the streets...

LOL
this aint Thailand nor India and we are not Hindu
or Catholic or the myriad of other Religions that came to these shores

I posted this thread to dispell the MYTHS about Grease and FATS
Not to Attack People on this Website
I would Appreciate if you would Take your Personal Attacks Elsewhere...

CaliChoctaw64 04-29-2008 03:19 PM

Silence is Golden, why would you come on this forum, that is for ndn's, and try to tell us that we are supposed to conform to your stereotypes. Then try to criticize some of the most respected people that post here, when they correct you. We will tell YOU what native people are about, not the other way around!

I am not sure were I read it, but it said that the high quality protein that our ancient ancestors got from eating meat is what allowed our brains to develop. I am no scientist so I really donít know how accurate this information is.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 04-29-2008 03:24 PM

my ppl (lol) Sto:lo were fish eatn ndns and they said that too--that too much meat made the brain and body slow...or somthing along those lines

Blackbear 04-29-2008 03:57 PM

Well if our traditional diets were bad for us, then why is it that when the Europeans came they found men and women in our villiage 90+ years old... some well into their hundreds? There was never a case of osteoperosis found among the Haudenosaunee and we had what was considered good teeth.

I am not going to be reincarnated.. I don't believe in reincarnation. I'm not going to be slaughtered for lifetimes and why bother telling me about not eating cows because we did'nt have them and then tell me they are the mothers that give milk freely for recipes? Cows have to be raised or trained to .. just give milk. They have to have a calf ripped away from them while it's still nursing and milked daily to keep it's production flowing or it will dry up and go into heat again. Get real dude! If we did'nt have cows for meat then we also did'nt have cows for milk LOL!!! But we did get both forced on us at a point in history.

wyo_rose 04-30-2008 12:06 PM

Silence is golden, do you realize that this is an AMERICAN Indian forum, and not an Indian from India forum!!!!!!!

Please do not presume to tell people that they don't care about their health. I really don't care that you've been brainwashed, but your ranting is getting very annoying!

New2itall 04-30-2008 12:28 PM

SIG, you are just plane being mean.
Surely somewhere in all you learnings, you were taught that when someone says the polite version of "Shut up and go away!" that you should indeed go away. I can't believe the amount of patience and restraint folks are showing with you here. Save the world some negative energy and go someplace else to attempt to "educate" folks!:Regular_W:flybye:

Jase 11-22-2010 12:21 AM

Thats a very interesting article Josiah. I found it quite challenging, challenging enough to do some research and try it out before the WGCIP in 6 weeks! I did think it was slightly self-serving when it mentioned how good dairy products were....not for this gal :) Thanks for posting it for us!

Jase