PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Native Issues (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/)
-   -   Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/guts-grease-diet-native-americans-42816/)

Joe G 02-12-2008 11:00 PM

delete

Joe G 02-12-2008 11:02 PM

"they are mystically importing some sweet whole wheat flour from india"

Good one Patrick! I missed this gem of wisdom! Zen and the art of supply management? It REALLY 'leans out' the supply and transportation!!

Eagle Plumes 02-13-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthofAda (Post 1017748)
Getting back to the diet issues - my feeling has been that if the Creator didn't want us eating animals He wouldn't have made them out of meat, LOL!

and tastey meat at that!

spottedeagle 02-13-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Plumes (Post 1017980)
and tastey meat at that!

I love animals....they're delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josiah 02-13-2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe G (Post 1017898)
"they are mystically importing some sweet whole wheat flour from india"

Good one Patrick! I missed this gem of wisdom! Zen and the art of supply management? It REALLY 'leans out' the supply and transportation!!

Which is all part of the Just in Time inventory system

SheTurtle 02-13-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josiah (Post 1018176)
Which is all part of the Just in Time inventory system

Ummmm...is that on a LIFO or FIFO system? :57:

silence is golden 02-13-2008 06:27 PM

the state of denial is a hare krishna thing...as well as native american. it is called austerity.we perform austerities .we try to control our mind body and words for the greater good of the people.i realize this is like a computer powwow and in happy to have the association of so many great souls.if i was your teacher, then im done. schools out for summer...schools out for ever...schools been blown to pieces...though i want to tell you that ive never done acid or any drugs my whole life.and ive only drank liquor maybe three times in my life.ive never hallucinated..ive just been a victim of love...native american style...and so ive been forced to get myself educated to survive.

Ginger 02-13-2008 07:27 PM

This guts & grease diet is a lot like the paleo diet
it's how our ancestors ate. mmm meat is good for you

Joe G 02-13-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence is golden (Post 1018598)
the state of denial is a hare krishna thing...as well as native american. it is called austerity.we perform austerities .we try to control our mind body and words for the greater good of the people.i realize this is like a computer powwow and in happy to have the association of so many great souls.if i was your teacher, then im done. schools out for summer...schools out for ever...schools been blown to pieces...though i want to tell you that ive never done acid or any drugs my whole life.and ive only drank liquor maybe three times in my life.ive never hallucinated..ive just been a victim of love...native american style...and so ive been forced to get myself educated to survive.

Nice quote from the Coop! but here's one for you from Lennon McCartney as apropos to your post "Yeah yeah yeah"

Josiah 02-13-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger (Post 1018633)
This guts & grease diet is a lot like the paleo diet
it's how our ancestors ate. mmm meat is good for you

Too True
We are Omnivores (from Latin: omne all, everything; vorare to devour)
And come to think of it I have never met an NDN Vegetarian...

Eagle Plumes 02-13-2008 08:55 PM

For mother's day I always get taken out for BBQ! get a whole slab of ribs all to mah self! MMMMMM and the beans have meat chunks init too , Hubby gets the meat smampler with the smoked sasuage, BBQ ham samich we are doing some serious eating that day! better no body reach in front of any of us! As a kid I always went with my dad at the beginning of a pow-wow to where they were handing out supplys and got all sorts of food and meat was one of em, wether it be a roast of some sort or hamburger but meat was always part of it then we took it back to camp and my ma would work her magic and we would have food out the ying yang I would go from camp to camp with my friends and eat at every one lol good times!!! oh I forgot whole chickens ready to cook

NorthofAda 02-13-2008 09:07 PM

http://www.chewingthecud.org/Grilled_Steak.jpg

"Vegeterian" - that's the NDN word for "can't hunt", ennit?:lol:

Eagle Plumes 02-13-2008 09:09 PM

NOa that looks awesome! I will take mine lightly warmed please awe I can still hear er moo'n!

NorthofAda 02-13-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Plumes (Post 1018686)
NOa that looks awesome! I will take mine lightly warmed please awe I can still hear er moo'n!

That's the only way to eat 'em! Now I'm making myself hungry!

There's a restaurant here called Prime Quarter. You go to a fridge and pick out your own steak, then you grill it to your liking and have a salad bar with baked potato and Texas toast on the grill with melted butter. They have a 2-pound T-bone on the menu - hubby and I shared that one time.

Actually, I've never met a steak I didn't like (or ribs, or brisket, or roast, or loin, or filet...)...:tounge_sm:lol:

between2worlds 02-13-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthofAda (Post 1018684)
"Vegeterian" - that's the NDN word for "can't hunt", ennit?:lol:

or needs a pair of store bought choppers....

Josiah 02-13-2008 09:27 PM

Man I have been craving Meers Burgers lately its about time to head on down that way for a fingerlicking Meers Burger

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...21ee05fc_b.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...15f97bf9d5.jpg

Eagle Plumes 02-13-2008 09:29 PM

We go in to Kansas City and get hella awesome BBQ and grill'd meats been to Author Bryants, ive yet to be to Herford House but I wanna! oh another fav of mine is Outback Steakhouse mmmmm

NorthofAda 02-13-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Plumes (Post 1018698)
We go in to Kansas City and get hella awesome BBQ and grill'd meats been to Author Bryants, ive yet to be to Herford House but I wanna! oh another fav of mine is Outback Steakhouse mmmmm

Any place with a good steak is a fave of mine!

Actually, what I'd really like to find is a good local source for buffalo. I keep waiting for the neighbor to go hunting again as that was the last time I was able to get my hands on some, other than at local powwows!

NorthofAda 02-13-2008 09:33 PM

Them burgers look good, Josiah!

LOL about the choppers, B2W!

Eagle Plumes 02-13-2008 09:34 PM

our store sells it we just have to ask for it they keep it in the back