PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Native Issues (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/)
-   -   Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/guts-grease-diet-native-americans-42816/)

NorthofAda 02-14-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josiah (Post 1019269)
I have heard that one before the coke helps break down the meat
Of course slow and wet will do the same thing
Keep it clean people!!!
I am talking about wrapping in foil and slowly cooking it

I do a dry rub on Brisket which includes
Kosher salt
Garlic and Rosemary
then wrap it in foil and cook it for at least 8 hours at 250 degrees
Key thing is dont open the pouch at all

I'll have to try something like that. They had good prices on brisket at Sam's Club, but I wasn't sure how to cook it.

Ginger 02-14-2008 07:57 PM

josiah I do the same thing I make a dry rub with the herbs I grow & sea salt & lots of pepper then slow roast on low heat yep it's the best http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...d/00020156.gif

silence is golden 02-14-2008 08:31 PM

i have never gotten a hickey or a black eye from my guy..though i have gotten two huge black eyes .one was from my exhusband,who i divorced like 10 years ago on valentines day...only gay guys hit women.,the other one was in jail over a girl lying about me to another girl.i would only fitit on a reservation if i didnt speak the language and i was the only cook.
people are having so much fun with with my situation.,even now at this powwow .you guys are enjoying your meat jokes..like im the meat..funny..haha.it would be nice if we could try to go forward instead of backwards on the guts and grease topic.i am connected by spiritual marriage to a very powerful Shaman. one of my sons names is shama.
so,my guy may be Kalki.You never know,he may beat the **** out of you if you want to keep making fun of me....better safe than sorry i always say....happy valentines day..

Joe G 02-14-2008 08:40 PM

silenceisgolden: "i am connected by spiritual marriage to a very powerful Shaman. one of my sons names is shama."

Kinky! don't get cyber STD or pregnant!

Eagle Plumes 02-14-2008 08:47 PM

ive never said anybody was meat hadnt even thought of it that way as far as kicking A um right that would be a site to see , why cant we like meat ? I eat it all the time is pork bad too? just had some tastey pork ribs mmmm good.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 02-14-2008 08:51 PM

ya well my man can beat up ur man!!

:razz:

NorthofAda 02-14-2008 09:04 PM

I liked her better when she was silent...:lol:

Beating people up over differences of opinion...hmm...whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." That is like so 3rd-grade...

NorthofAda 02-14-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Plumes (Post 1019316)
ive never said anybody was meat hadnt even thought of it that way as far as kicking A um right that would be a site to see , why cant we like meat ? I eat it all the time is pork bad too? just had some tastey pork ribs mmmm good.

Just another case of someone barging into our site and trying to tell us NDNs that we're doing it all wrong. I think if we could all go back to our traditional ways of eating all the time we'd be far healthier...

silence is golden 02-14-2008 10:56 PM

this is a message for jo g. that was by far the must stupidest comment ythat i have ever heard anyone say my whole life.!!!.did i have cuyber babies with my guy? ...you look really retarded and stupid so im not surprised.i am suprised that you feel you have to make a satire over everything i say. i am the most honest person i know.lying is a burden on mother earth.
i love honesty more than anyone i know.

Ginger 02-14-2008 11:10 PM

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...brea/laugh.gif

Eagle Plumes 02-14-2008 11:14 PM

cant get this song out of my head its a little something like this... Light it up ,take a puff pass it to me now . Catchy huh

Ginger 02-14-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Plumes (Post 1019342)
cant get this song out of my head its a little something like this... Light it up ,take a puff pass it to me now . Catchy huh

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lpyj_LlSovI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lpyj_LlSovI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Josiah 02-14-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence is golden (Post 1019312)
i have never gotten a hickey or a black eye from my guy..though i have gotten two huge black eyes .one was from my exhusband,who i divorced like 10 years ago on valentines day...only gay guys hit women.,the other one was in jail over a girl lying about me to another girl.i would only fitit on a reservation if i didn't speak the language and i was the only cook.
people are having so much fun with with my situation.,even now at this powwow .you guys are enjoying your meat jokes..like im the meat..funny..haha.it would be nice if we could try to go forward instead of backward on the guts and grease topic.i am connected by spiritual marriage to a very powerful Shaman. one of my sons names is shama.
so,my guy may be Kalki.You never know,he may beat the **** out of you if you want to keep making fun of me....better safe than sorry i always say....happy valentines day..

Threats have no business in this Forum!
We all know that beating the **** solves nothing and threatening to have some one do that is a crime.
And yet you profess to have a spiritual background.

You have no idea about Ndn's do you
No clue
Never been around Ndn's have you

I have seen more threads in this website spin off into discussions about food than I care to think about
And good natured teasing is a very normal thing
we all have thick skins and the ones that dont usually make some kind of threats and leave and never come back
Are you so vain and arrogant to believe we were actually talking about you!!!

Vanity
Threats
Arrogance

do not sound very virtuous now does it

between2worlds 02-14-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence is golden (Post 1019312)
i have never gotten a hickey or a black eye from my guy..though i have gotten two huge black eyes .one was from my exhusband,who i divorced like 10 years ago on valentines day...only gay guys hit women.,the other one was in jail over a girl lying about me to another girl.i would only fitit on a reservation if i didnt speak the language and i was the only cook.
people are having so much fun with with my situation.,even now at this powwow .you guys are enjoying your meat jokes..like im the meat..funny..haha.it would be nice if we could try to go forward instead of backwards on the guts and grease topic.i am connected by spiritual marriage to a very powerful Shaman. one of my sons names is shama.

Interesting. Shama has nothing to do with being a "shaman" (whatever that is in whatever tribe your spiritual husband is from). It is a Hebrew name and the word means literally "to hear". Why use a Hebrew name and then jump to Hindu concepts ?

You keep making references to the Hindu religion. Maybe menopause has you confused. These forums have nothing to do with India.

Of course since you are "navaho" switched at birth this may all fit in your world.

Josiah 02-14-2008 11:30 PM

too funny
I had to ask Ndnkidz being from the Lou who the hell is this!

timmy tiger 02-14-2008 11:32 PM

Th
Quote:

Originally Posted by silence is golden (Post 1019336)
this is a message for jo g. that was by far the must stupidest comment ythat i have ever heard anyone say my whole life.!!!.did i have cuyber babies with my guy? ...you look really retarded and stupid so im not surprised.i am suprised that you feel you have to make a satire over everything i say. i am the most honest person i know.lying is a burden on mother earth.
i love honesty more than anyone i know.

The above post by Josiah is so accurate. You are so very self served and arrogant to think that all this discussion was based on you. And just to prove how arrogant you are, the above post by YOU states "I I I I" all the way through it. You are the "Most Honest" person that you know, maybe you don't know that many people? You are surprised that people here make a satire over everything that YOU say--Um not even close. We always talk about food on just about every site here, believe me YOU are NOT that important in our lives, at least not in mine. So get over YOURSELF real quick or YOU will be the only one who ever talks to YOU!!!!

And jokes, OMG--many of us joke about everything and everyone, most of us know that if someone teases us--well I'm not going to share that with you because it's actually a good thing that I really don't think that you would ever understand.

between2worlds 02-14-2008 11:36 PM

One picture worth thousand words then 4 pictures....?

I thought maybe pictures might help.

This is a "navaho" woman and her child:

http://www.meredith.edu/nativeam/kinaalda.jpg

They live in the Navajo Nation which is located here:

http://www.crystalinks.com/navajomap.jpg

This is a Hindu woman and her child:

http://davidcrossland.net/sitebuilde...OK-238x404.jpg

They live in the Nation of India which is located here:

http://www.wordtravels.com/images/map/India_map.jpg

Hindus and Navajos are not the same peoples and are not from the same places and do not have the same beliefs.

Eagle Plumes 02-14-2008 11:36 PM

yeah thats it! thanks girl!

Eagle Plumes 02-14-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmy tiger (Post 1019353)
Th

The above post by Josiah is so accurate. You are so very self served and arrogant to think that all this discussion was based on you. And just to prove how arrogant you are, the above post by YOU states "I I I I" all the way through it. You are the "Most Honest" person that you know, maybe you don't know that many people? You are surprised that people here make a satire over everything that YOU say--Um not even close. We always talk about food on just about every site here, believe me YOU are NOT that important in our lives, at least not in mine. So get over YOURSELF real quick or YOU will be the only one who ever talks to YOU!!!!

And jokes, OMG--many of us joke about everything and everyone, most of us know that if someone teases us--well I'm not going to share that with you because it's actually a good thing that I really don't think that you would ever understand.

speaking of teasing you get it double tiem tomorrow since you were off playing with 4 yr olds by the way how do have the strength to post after doing that lol.

Eagle Plumes 02-14-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josiah (Post 1019352)
too funny
I had to ask Ndnkidz being from the Lou who the hell is this!

did you see the huge bowls of fried chicken! onther one of those with fry bread in it and I would be set! what about you????