Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #181
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
im a princess too and i like a good steak ever now and then

i had a bowl of moose meat stew yesterday...
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #182
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
im a princess too and i like a good steak ever now and then

i had a bowl of moose meat stew yesterday...
I was holding my breath when Silence is Golden mentioned the whole Princess thing
Cause I was think OMG here it comes the whole Cherokee Princess thing!!!

LOL
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #183
Banned

silence is golden is infamous around these partssilence is golden is infamous around these partssilence is golden is infamous around these partssilence is golden is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
to become humble we can practice humility.by practicing and praying for it we can become humble.i may be spelling shaman wrong,for you texchnical people..it may be spelled shahman..or some other way.its not good to be offensive to your elders.princesses know that.in fact im sure their fathers strictly make sure that they limit their association..and who they allow their daughters and sons to associate with...you guys are mentioning the native american indians during precolonial times...im going much farther back than that,historywise.i believe 9i may have been a navajo baby switched at birth...because my socalled demoness mother was asleep when i was wheeled in..they used to kidnap and switch babies Older hells angels know that..people who are informed know that and know that these types of activities still go on....either that or the lord piut me wuith two demons in this life,,sio called parents.i was born in hollywood...and i am trying to get rid of the cars in california....its kind of a big job...i do get inspired by the california flag with a bear on it.the reason i think i could have been navajo was because i know this m.c. who hosts the sweetest powwow every year here in santa fe,and one of my favorite jokes has to do with ,anyway,thats why i feel a big connection with the navajo..ive been to the crow fair also in montana...the ground beef tacos were disgusting...other than that,it was a great experience.
silence is golden is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #184
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
I was holding my breath when Silence is Golden mentioned the whole Princess thing
Cause I was think OMG here it comes the whole Cherokee Princess thing!!!

LOL

ROFLMAO---I thought that same thing.

But MOTS isn't Cherokee, so that changes that.LMAO (j/k MOTS)
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #185
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
MOTS isn't Cherokee, so that changes that.LMAO (j/k MOTS)
No, but she is the Miss Indian Universe in waiting, ennit? When's that trip to S. America, MOTS? (j/k)
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #186
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence is golden View Post
to become humble we can practice humility.by practicing and praying for it we can become humble.i may be spelling shaman wrong,for you texchnical people..it may be spelled shahman..or some other way.its not good to be offensive to your elders.princesses know that.in fact im sure their fathers strictly make sure that they limit their association..and who they allow their daughters and sons to associate with...you guys are mentioning the native american indians during precolonial times...im going much farther back than that,historywise.i believe 9i may have been a navajo baby switched at birth...because my socalled demoness mother was asleep when i was wheeled in..they used to kidnap and switch babies Older hells angels know that..people who are informed know that and know that these types of activities still go on....either that or the lord piut me wuith two demons in this life,,sio called parents.i was born in hollywood...and i am trying to get rid of the cars in california....its kind of a big job...i do get inspired by the california flag with a bear on it.the reason i think i could have been navajo was because i know this m.c. who hosts the sweetest powwow every year here in santa fe,and one of my favorite jokes has to do with ,anyway,thats why i feel a big connection with the navajo..ive been to the crow fair also in montana...the ground beef tacos were disgusting...other than that,it was a great experience.
Oh geez, gimme a break here. Just because you believe something doesn't make it so unless you have documentation leading you or showing you that. Saying so, doesn't make it so. Unfortunately that is the way that it is and there are many on this very thread who know alot about the documentation and where and how to obtain it if that were even a possibility.

So she was a sleep, doesn't mean a darn thing. It might if you had documentation with dates and time lines incorrect. But that's a different thing altogether. The point is is that you are claiming yourself a part of something and then coming here and trying to turn us totally your way. That's not going to happen and you still seem to keep going.

And now you bring up the Hell's Angels, okay--so what does a biker group have to do with Native Americans? You are way out there and need to just get a grip first. That is my opinion.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #187
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Quote:
you guys are mentioning the native american indians during precolonial times...im going much farther back than that,historywise.i believe 9i may have been a navajo baby switched at birth...because my socalled demoness mother was asleep when i was wheeled in..they used to kidnap and switch babies Older hells angels know that..people who are informed know that and know that these types of activities still go on....either that or the lord piut me wuith two demons in this life,,sio called parents.i was born in hollywood...the reason i think i could have been navajo was because i know this m.c. who hosts the sweetest powwow every year here in santa fe,and one of my favorite jokes has to do with ,anyway,thats why i feel a big connection with the navajo..ive been to the crow fair also in montana...the ground beef tacos were disgusting...other than that,it was a great experience.

Hells Angels???.....aren't they a motorcycle gang out of Hollister, CA that formed right after WW1 in the early 1930's????....ok, by going farther back you mean with Anasazi, right????....wow, I didn't know the term Navajo was used then, I thought that was the Spainiards (Late 1700's, early 1800's) who named us that for stealing their horses....I'm being educated right now...LOL!!!...

Yeah, when I was growing up I thought my parents were demons too when they wouldn't let me go out with my friends....LOL!!!

Shoots, the wannabe cherokees have it easy then....to be a Navajo you have to know this MC....glad to know that....one more question, is that santa fe, new mexico or santa fe springs, CA????

and if you think those tacos were disgusting I hate to see what happens when you try the dog meat......!!!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #188
Great Uncle Patrick

between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,691.96
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
Oh geez, gimme a break here. Just because you believe something doesn't make it so unless you have documentation leading you or showing you that. Saying so, doesn't make it so. Unfortunately that is the way that it is and there are many on this very thread who know alot about the documentation and where and how to obtain it if that were even a possibility.

So she was a sleep, doesn't mean a darn thing. It might if you had documentation with dates and time lines incorrect. But that's a different thing altogether. The point is is that you are claiming yourself a part of something and then coming here and trying to turn us totally your way. That's not going to happen and you still seem to keep going.

And now you bring up the Hell's Angels, okay--so what does a biker group have to do with Native Americans? You are way out there and need to just get a grip first. That is my opinion.

yanno tt I read and then reread what SiG wrote.... and I really didn't know where to start. I think Joe G. was right about 15 posts back about Lysgeric acid and the human brain.

I'm just going to ignore from now on... Gramps used to say that was the best way to deal with crazies - unless you just wanted whatever was making them crazy to start in on you.

and get back to the thread - which was eating like we used to do.

An elder, Earl Meshigaud, advocates using [real] maple syrup and maple sugar instead of refined white sugar. He points out that if we had to make our own maple sugar that would be best of all - because of all the physical activity required ! (Making the taps and collection containers, tapping the trees, collecting the sap containers, collecting and splitting the firewood, tending the fire, boiling down the sap, making the storage containers, etc).
between2worlds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #189
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote 'silence' "this is a message for jo g. that was by far the must stupidest comment ythat i have ever heard anyone say my whole life.!!!.did i have cuyber babies with my guy? ...you look really retarded and stupid so im not surprised.i am suprised that you feel you have to make a satire over everything i say. i am the most honest person i know.lying is a burden on mother earth.
i love honesty more than anyone i know.

"You look really retarded and stupid", yep that's me! So based on a picture, you can do a psychological profile! Some of that mysticism must be rubbing off on you. I am quite comfortable with my appearance, though I'm a bit tired of being called Burton Cummings! Oh and this just in, true spiritual people usually don't resort to third grade insults. So enlighten me, oh wise one, what the heck is a 'spiritual marriage' ???
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #190
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Patrick: An elder, Earl Meshigaud, advocates using [real] maple syrup and maple sugar instead of refined white sugar. He points out that if we had to make our own maple sugar that would be best of all - because of all the physical activity required ! (Making the taps and collection containers, tapping the trees, collecting the sap containers, collecting and splitting the firewood, tending the fire, boiling down the sap, making the storage containers, etc).
Yeah, I still see that done occasionally here in Michigan, and it is always a treat! YUMM!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #191
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by between2worlds View Post
yanno tt I read and then reread what SiG wrote.... and I really didn't know where to start. I think Joe G. was right about 15 posts back about Lysgeric acid and the human brain.

I'm just going to ignore from now on... Gramps used to say that was the best way to deal with crazies - unless you just wanted whatever was making them crazy to start in on you.

and get back to the thread - which was eating like we used to do.

An elder, Earl Meshigaud, advocates using [real] maple syrup and maple sugar instead of refined white sugar. He points out that if we had to make our own maple sugar that would be best of all - because of all the physical activity required ! (Making the taps and collection containers, tapping the trees, collecting the sap containers, collecting and splitting the firewood, tending the fire, boiling down the sap, making the storage containers, etc).
You know B2W--I do think that you and Joe G. are hitting the nail right on the head here. Or at least we are seeing the actual affects of what happens when a woman who is pregnant uses drugs like those.LOL Okay, my head is spinning now--someone stop this ride---I want to get off.LMAO

Okay, on to the maple syrup. Yeah, now that does sound alot better then usuing the refined white sugar, which we all know is bad for us, but we do it anyway.LOL I have been told that before too.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #192
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Ran across this and thought it was an interesting tie-in.

Lakota man credits traditional diet for diabetes control

Jan.12,2003

Posted to NDN AIM by ErthAvengr

By Heidi Bell Gease, Journal Staff Writer

EAGLE BUTTE - Robert Chasing Hawk is in touch with his triglycerides.

"When my triglycerides goes up, my back of my head hurts," he explained, touching his head for emphasis.

Triglycerides are a form of fat found in food. They can provide energy for the body, but high levels of triglycerides can mean there is too much fat in the diet. They can also indicate a high risk for heart disease or poorly controlled diabetes.

Triglycerides aren't the only thing Chasing Hawk, 57, is aware of within his body. He knows a serving of raisins will raise his blood sugar by 80 points. He can estimate his cholesterol at any given time.

And he's convinced that eating the higher protein, lower carbohydrate diet of his ancestors has made him, as he likes to say, "the healthiest diabetic around." In fact, Chasing Hawk now relies on diet and exercise, not insulin, to control his diabetes.

He wasn't always so healthy. About 20 years ago, Chasing Hawk, who stands 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighed 224 pounds. He was Cheyenne River Sioux tribal chairman then, "and I was embarrassed about my big stomach."

So he began exercising, dropping to 176 pounds. Meanwhile, several family members were diagnosed with diabetes. "I was proud that I wasn't diabetic," he said.

But in 1992, Chasing Hawk's vision became blurry, a common sign of diabetes. Tests showed his cholesterol was 375, well over the American Heart Association's "high risk" point of 240 or above. He, too, was diabetic.

Chasing Hawk became a model patient. He exercised daily and followed food-pyramid guidelines that encourage a diet heavy in grains (i.e., carbohydrates) and low in meat/protein and fat. Yet in late 1997, his cholesterol was still 294.

"Two weeks later, I had a heart attack," Chasing Hawk said. Triple bypass surgery followed.

"I was mad. Because why me? I exercised," he said. "I followed the food pyramid. ... I even had my own keys to the fitness room."

Then, in December 1999, he and his wife, Ernestine, went out for a steak dinner. Ernestine always told him protein was good for him, he said, "but I didn't believe her."

Before dinner, Chasing Hawk's blood sugar was 160. Ninety minutes later, after eating a big steak, the reading had dropped to 31. "All that time," he said, "Ernestine was right."

Soon afterward, Chasing Hawk ran across a book on carbohydrate addiction. He stayed up late, reading the whole book straight through.

The next morning, his blood sugar was 140. After a high-protein breakfast of bacon and eggs, it had dropped to 105.

Chasing Hawk began experimenting and exploring how different foods affected his body. He checked his blood sugar 15 times a day. He studied nutrition. Then, he read about the Atkins Diet, which promotes high protein and low carbohydrate intake.

"I read five chapters, and it clicked in my mind that my ancestors were a high-protein, low-carbohydrate people," he said. Genetically, "Native Americans will have a harder time breaking up the sugar in carbohydrates."

Nutritionist Kibbe Conti agrees with that assessment. Indian people whose ancestors were hunter/gatherers have an atypical response to carbohydrates, she said, releasing more insulin after eating carbohydrates than someone whose ancestry is better adapted to that diet.

Chasing Hawk's move to a more traditional diet fits in well with Conti's Medicine Wheel nutrition guide (see related story on Page A1), which is based on the eating habits of pre-reservation-era tribes.

"Basically, how Bob and I see it, it's a historical diet," Conti said. "My whole thing is if you're predominantly Lakota, then you can't ignore your ancestor foodway. You just can't."

Chasing Hawk isn't eating just buffalo meat and wild turnips. He follows what he calls a "traditional diet in modern times."

He continually asks himself whether the food he's about to eat is something his ancestors might have eaten. Steak? Yes. Pasta? No.

"My great-great-grandfather didn't eat that bread, so why should I eat that bread?" he asked.

Chasing Hawk has also found that for him, eating twice as much protein as carbohydrates helps keep his blood sugar down. That doesn't mean no carbs, though.

"I still eat my apple pie," he said. "I still have my ice cream, on the sneak."

The trade-off is exercise. Chasing Hawk has monitored his blood sugar enough to know exactly how a two-mile jog or a brisk walk will affect his body, which he refers to as "a research center."

Now, he's ready to spread the word. He speaks at schools and workshops, encouraging people to take responsibility for their own health. He would like to see changes in commodity food programs and the USDA-approved food pyramid.

Chasing Hawk is also starting a diabetes organization called "Ehanni Lakol Wicounye Piye Yukini Inc.," or "Re-Awakening the Past Lakota Healthy Lifestyle." He hopes it eventually could offer inpatient treatment for diabetics.

Not everyone agrees with Chasing Hawk's theories. Indian Health Service administrators say his diet plan has not been scientifically researched and could prove dangerous.

The main concern is that excessive protein can be hard on the kidneys, which is an extra concern for diabetics whose kidneys are already stressed.

But Conti believes "excessive" is a relative term. "If you're a white European ... (a diet like his) might be of high protein to you," she said. But if you're a full-blooded Lakota, as Chasing Hawk is, your body might be accustomed to more protein.

Conti also notes that AIC blood tests show Chasing Hawk's diabetes is under control. "You can't lie on that test," she said, because it measures blood sugar for the past eight weeks. "I totally believe he's a success story."

Chasing Hawk says people should check with a doctor before trying his eating plan. And he says there's something else they need to do.

"If you really want to do it, get connected with that guy," he said, pointing skyward. "You gotta ask that guy to walk beside you."
Old 02-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #193
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
hmmm, one thing...just because I call my daughter a princess doesn't mean she is one....its a term of endearment....

and hey I'm Navajo or more appropiately Dine'.....and althought we have our wack jobs, none like you.....I've seen your people, ate with your people, hell I even slept with some of your people and that's the only Navajo that I know I gave up!!!....other than that, stop referencing yourself to my tribe, because we have enough F***ed up s**t as it is.....
I'm a Cherokee Princess!

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #194
Banned

silence is golden is infamous around these partssilence is golden is infamous around these partssilence is golden is infamous around these partssilence is golden is infamous around these parts
well,this is 2008. if any one wants to call me crazy,then please add the horse word after crazy.im not trying to convert you to anything.i told you that if i was your teacher,then im done. that translates to i came in to this powwow sharing knowledge about guts and grease...ive told you enough for you to research on your own time the responses i gave you.
does your college professor hand you the gold and ttell you everyrthing theyve read so that you dont have to researcgh the topics ..that would be a no.these days you have to be a typist and expert at doing research
just to get a decnt grade in college.im not your mama and class like i said is over..i always judge a person by how they look,and what they say....a;lso i could care less what you all do.im a mother so i dont like anybody...does that makare sense....also,if you havent read the books then how wouyld you know what a demon is..we are all at different levels of understanding...and i have no desire to teach you anything else.as a matter of fact,if i was your teacher for a short time...where you actually read the books,on my myspace page for eaxample,then we could move forward and someone can teach me something that i dont know..which so far hasnt happenned..its not a cheap thing...real knowledge that is.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #195
Back where I belong

Items Present
Quote:
im a mother so i dont like anybody...does that makare sense....
Uh, no...it doesn't. Some role model. 'Nuff said.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #196
*~the REAL me~*

SisG: "im not your mama"

There is a God! praise be! have a nice day...

"i always judge a person by how they look,and what they say....a;lso i could care less what you all do."

Ummm well, then why are you here? See you in another existence!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #197
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
SisG: "im not your mama"

There is a God! praise be! have a nice day...

"i always judge a person by how they look,and what they say....a;lso i could care less what you all do."

Ummm well, then why are you here? See you in another existence!

ROFLMAO
Old 02-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #198
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 121,060.76
Quote:
i have only been responding to blackbear.mostly.sorry for the confusion. us old folks also have our jokes...my sons name is Syamasundara dasa. syamasundara means the darkish ,beautiful form of the lord.. im sorry for sounding arrogant,maybe its because im a princess. at least thsts what my father,svavasa the boss told me back in Denver. he had a devotee from west virginia build a beautiful asram for the single women,out of a basement.he told us we were Krishnas princesses,and he trained us well... so sorry...i to talk to tons of people when i worlk. you cabn never please everyone. im always rtrying to inmprove...for those of you who dont know...a powerful shaman has mystic powers. say,for example..a chief could turn himself into an eagle to avoid unjust imprisonment ment by a white person,who may be very corrupt..
My great, great, great, great, great grandfather was a princess too! He was Cherokee.

j/k Josiah.

silence, you dang hollywood people are off. I bet you hang around LAX asking for donations.

I'm from the valley of the original hari krishnas.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #199
Banned

ive never distibuted books at the airport,just a few times. the last time i was distributing books in LAX,i was with the biggest book distributor in L.A. ,from past years. i wouldnt go with anyone except her.her name is Jagadambika,and her husband is the treasurer for many many years at the L.A temple..i would only go with an expert because im not experienced with that form of book distribution...i still ask her to go,but she is too busy with other services and her body cant handle the austerities of carrying books,etc..when i went with her,some years back.a sikk from India(with the turbins,offered me a trip to india,which is aMAZING,THOUGH i didnt accept it. he also told me that i should be meditating on the prajapatis..they are mentioned throughout the srimad bhagavatam..they had special powers and were the progenitors...{very special,though i cant remember exactly}..i have alsways given books as gifts..after people give me money..another type of sankirtan. i always carry books in my van and i travel a lot so i meet tons of people wherever i go.for example,if i met a person from india in a seven 11 i would just give them a book,for a gift.....i have tons od books,including hard back books in my house.i plan to bring them with me when i get the funds to leave L..A and take a trip through arizona,colorado,and south dakota..its been too long since ive been to colorado.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #200
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantRainbowDevilDevil
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,425.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
My great, great, great, great, great grandfather was a princess too! He was Cherokee.

j/k Josiah.

silence, you dang hollywood people are off. I bet you hang around LAX asking for donations.

I'm from the valley of the original hari krishnas.
hey there Big Dady if you see krissy snow tell her I said hey
Eagle Plumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links