Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree73Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Have fun with this one! Yikes! Have fun with this one! Yikes!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #21
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Savings: 1.00
FaceBook Official Reponse

Facebook's lame response:

Attached Thumbnails
facebookresponse.jpg  
windanncer likes this.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
On The Rocks

AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Either that page is satire or the person running it is sincere in that they believe what they are doing. Either way, and as much as we may disagree with the page, it isn't hate speech.

I scrolled through the page and the more I read into it and looked at the pics it seems to be more satire than anything.
You are right, but then the page should not be on "Public" setting, it should be viewable by only those who wish to be in on the satire, their own Community Page.

The average white person looking at the page would just be worse off in their ignorance of Natives, Native issues. Their own misconceptions are re-enforced by the images and statements on that page.
windanncer and subeeds like this.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #23
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 86,538.25
Savings: 0.00
Please don't take my statement as defending them or their ignorant lame content. I was merely stating that going to Facebook and charging them with "Hate Speech" is incorrect. Unfortunately people wearing headdresses when they have no right and dressing up as natives when they shouldn't be isn't hate speech and because its somehow still "OK" in the mainstream culture then Facebook's team is left with no choice but to deny the claim as they could potentially get in trouble for denying of free speech by the page's owner, amongst other potential legal crap.

I will state that I am not at all OK with people misappropriating a culture that they are not part of.
windanncer and subeeds like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #24
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,736.96
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
That is exactly what bother me the most. This got to be about genocide to make white blood for white children, no mix. Geeze.
my friend, dont let this nonsense worry you. it really is just a sick joke. this person(s) posts that garbage to provoke a response, like i mentioned earlier. they seem to know to phrase their posts in a way that doesn't get them shut down. they can't say "white power" outright, so they design their statuses to resemble that statement, and within fb guidelines.

they can get away with that in an online community. now to address what you quoted. i can only speculate that amigok has the good sense to know that if he went to a gathering of an indigenous community, being white, he wouldn't even think of uttering those words publicly in that respective community.

it really is an uphill battle drawing attention to racism against indigenous people. but regardless of propaganda and twisted satire, our indigenous communities are still indigenous communities. a silly fb page isn't going to change that.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2014, 03:14 AM   #25
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,246.12
Ok, so ya made me look. That page hasn't posted on their own page since July of last year. I don't know how it even got found, except for the posts on the side. Toolbox is right-it isn't hate speech-and it chokes me to say that (not about the TB being right part). I am not even going to bother to report it. I reported a page last week about Killing All the Wolves. This page advocated it, and had hideous photos of murdered and butchered wolves. I reported it for graphic violence-and got the same canned response from FB about it not violating their terms. (:
windanncer and gilisi like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #26
On The Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
That is exactly what bother me the most. This got to be about genocide to make white blood for white children, no mix. Geeze.
Not much we can do, Facebook Security is letting the Native American PRIDE page remain.
windanncer, subeeds and RDNKJ like this.

Last edited by Toolbox; 07-05-2014 at 09:34 PM..
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #27
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Please don't take my statement as defending them or their ignorant lame content. I was merely stating that going to Facebook and charging them with "Hate Speech" is incorrect. Unfortunately people wearing headdresses when they have no right and dressing up as natives when they shouldn't be isn't hate speech and because its somehow still "OK" in the mainstream culture then Facebook's team is left with no choice but to deny the claim as they could potentially get in trouble for denying of free speech by the page's owner, amongst other potential legal crap.

I will state that I am not at all OK with people misappropriating a culture that they are not part of.
that is unfortunately true for sporting events as well as social sites. natives protesting the wearing of headdresses at a giants game were detained june 27th
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:13 AM   #28
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 124,917.75
I didnt read anything.
windanncer likes this.
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #29
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
ummmmm......im on that page.....if you notice it is a joke page started by an INDIAN......read it real carefuly, and i dont think the person who owns the page even checked it for over a year......look at the dates, and look at all the real injuns laughing about the ridiculousness of it.....read it close how can you not ick up its an injun with a twisted sense of humor?
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #30
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,820.32
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
ummmmm......im on that page.....if you notice it is a joke page started by an INDIAN......read it real carefuly, and i dont think the person who owns the page even checked it for over a year......look at the dates, and look at all the real injuns laughing about the ridiculousness of it.....read it close how can you not ick up its an injun with a twisted sense of humor?
That's an interesting take @milehighsalute. I'm going to go re read the page with this idea in mind. Curious though, what exactly brought the idea to you that the person is native with a twisted sense of humor?
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #31
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitare View Post
That's an interesting take @milehighsalute. I'm going to go re read the page with this idea in mind. Curious though, what exactly brought the idea to you that the person is native with a twisted sense of humor?
its not a take....its a fact.....
windanncer and solitare like this.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:58 AM   #32
On The Rocks

Quote:
That is why i suggested the page owner put his community on Private setting, so they can enjoy their own jokes.

The general public passing by will not get it, but stereotypes re-enforced.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #33
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,631.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I didnt read anything.
Looks like it was shut down.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #34
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
hoodwinked!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #35
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
This is a serious Facebook page on his Facebook profile. I could never dream he would do like this just to make jokes or poked fun of us.

Wow.
windanncer likes this.

Last edited by Toolbox; 07-05-2014 at 09:36 PM..
DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #36
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 124,917.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Looks like it was shut down.
I meant I didn't read anything cuz I didn't even go to the page.

I'm only reading goot things now.

This is me ---->

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #37
Dances With Fat Chicks

the INDIAN who ran that page also thanked columbus for civilizing us on columbus day on their personal page.......if you guys were up in arms thinking it was a white guy who owned the page you were mistaken
Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #38
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,829.89
Quote:
the INDIAN who ran that page also thanked columbus for civilizing us on columbus day on their personal page.......if you guys were up in arms thinking it was a white guy who owned the page you were mistaken
Show me the link and then I'll decide if my arms were up high enough.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #39
Pow Wow Visitor

BuenSabor is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 104.00
Is there something wrong with the link? When I click on it, it keeps going to my own fb feed.

Steve
BuenSabor is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #40
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
hoodwinked!
bamboozled
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links