Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues HELP get this off ebay HELP get this off ebay

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2004, 11:37 PM   #21
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hoov4450 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 80.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackbear
The skull is being sold by an American and being sold in America. I thought that selling human remains was illegal regardless. Owning a human skull I know is illegal because I looked into it as teen. Only places of education and medical profession may own them. The big question is how did this guy get the skull? I'd say he's a grave robber myself.
Hey guys i've got a friend in the f.b.i., i'll give him a call right now. i'll see if he can help.
hoov4450 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2004, 08:21 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

LWB is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 440.05
Thanks ya'll

To everyone that helped ,THANK YOU & sorry bout not putting a link to it so you could get there faster , i dont know how to , dont get on the computer much ex. to look , but i knew ya'll would help.
Goot people ,Goot place to come for help.....Thanks again....LWB
LWB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

snowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond reputesnowbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I looked on ebay and this made me want to cry. What is wrong w/ people??? Don't understand. Jus a thought......I think that we should be working together as people to stop things like this, not bickering amongst one another.......
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2004, 09:13 AM   #24
Junior Dancer

keeb_k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by hoov4450
Hey guys i've got a friend in the f.b.i., i'll give him a call right now. i'll see if he can help.
Cool, when he gets done with the Ebay skull thingy ask him if he could get our ancestors remains back from the Smithsonioan, and other museums where they are being kept hostage.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #25
Shuut uup..are ya serious

Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by keeb_k
Cool, when he gets done with the Ebay skull thingy ask him if he could get our ancestors remains back from the Smithsonioan, and other museums where they are being kept hostage.
:clap: Right! When museums have ndn remains it's seems like it's okay. Hardly anyone makes a deal about it accept for natives. And those remains are shown on display for public to see and I'm sure that they are being bought between museums. If not that way the admission people pays to go in and see them makes up for it. Just like the Chicago museum has all those mummies in there on display from Egypt. Think how those people feel. I think some people are just sick and have no respect.
Azhe'ni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2004, 09:37 AM   #26
Ole Heathen

Badmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by keeb_k
Actually the Smitsonian has been cooperative in repatriation of remains and burial items, at least with our tribe. And some tribes don't want the items back, usually because of their own cultural and religious beliefs.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:38 AM   #27
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Thats just sick...selling a human skull on the internet. :Mad Whats the matter with people?:Mad

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2004, 12:22 PM   #28
The Edge Water Kid

....bear in mind, half the time, these skulls belong to cultures so old that they bear no resemblance or relation to ANY peoples around today.

......South America was a hotbed of cultures and peoples...some we still know nothing about

(frankly, I'd like to keep it that way)

......the dominant culture of the World today just feels, or to me, seems like they can't go a day without meddling or diggin up someone for the sake of "science".

Anyone recall the Ampato Maiden? Dug up on a volcanic slope high in the Andes of South America by some shyte "scientist". National Geographic and others, hailed it as a "fantastic FIND".......I hate that!!!!!!!

Why can't they just leave the dead alone? I mean, those kids were put there for a reason, so far out of reach from prying hands and eyes.......leave em there!!!

I just don't see the difference between diggin up someone in the name of "science" and grave robbing. It's all the same to me..........science don't hold enough credence to diggin someone up just to find out what they ate, or what kind of life they think they had.

.....oh well, I hope the same actions befall their relations and descendants and more importantly.......the perpetrators!!!

Dig em up in about 100 years..........then we'll parade them around in our museums!!!

......it's only fair.

Then again, what do you expect of a culture that puts it's own dead on display.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2004, 01:29 PM   #29
Tiny Tot Dancer

foxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant future
makes me sick in my heart

nearly threw up when I seen this
Old 03-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #30
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Quote:
Originally posted by Badmutha
Actually the Smitsonian has been cooperative in repatriation of remains and burial items, at least with our tribe. And some tribes don't want the items back, usually because of their own cultural and religious beliefs.
Very true, the Smithsonian is cooperative, we have worked with both the NMAI and the NMNH and they assisted as much as they could. I can name a few museums that aren't as cooperative and keep throwing up roadblocks or new hurdles to jump. Sickening but it keeps us on our toes.

We need more Native people working in this area, but you have to be a certain type of individual to do that type of work.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2004, 11:17 PM   #31
Pow Wow Visitor

chazbot is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 768.41
The bad news: eBay never took it off.
More bad news: 21 folks bid on it, up to $449
Good news: It failed to reach the seller's minimum, so no sale.

Sigh! It seems that eBay will allow skulls and skeletons for "medical" purposes, so long as they are not native. Native from within the US borders that is.

So, its back to bugging your congress critters to change the law again.
chazbot is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2004, 07:39 AM   #32
Pow Wow Visitor

Pipemaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Aanii

I believe the NAGPRA act covers only items held in US federally funded "collections".

I wonder if you are all aware of the fact that Prescott Bush,
(georges grandfather) robbed Geronimos grave and took his skull and bones to the skull and bones club at Yale?????
The FBI have done nothing to help.
This may be something to work on as Yale is no doubt federally funded and grave robbing is illegal.

regards

Pipemaker
Pipemaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2004, 10:28 AM   #33
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
all i have to say is who ever buys at to put at home and not for specific reasons is SICK...
Old 03-22-2004, 11:15 AM   #34

Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazbot

Sigh! It seems that eBay will allow skulls and skeletons for "medical" purposes, so long as they are not native. Native from within the US borders that is.

Sick, people for real bid on it. Geez
Old 03-24-2004, 08:17 AM   #35
Junior Dancer

LadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond repute
Human Remains / Selling

:mickey2:

The possession and/or selling of human remains is against the law..federal law mandates heavy fines, penalties and even imprisonment..the punishment is actually worse if it was taken from a gravesite, a mound or a native burial ground.

I reported this to EBay also and I also made a call to my cuz at Quantico...he was PISSED and said he will make sure it gets where it should go.

I can tell you this...most often these fools like that seller find themselves under the interrogation method of....

"We are here to indict not read you your rights" same as they do with Eagle and raptor feathers....

Old 03-24-2004, 08:25 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemaker
Aanii

I believe the NAGPRA act covers only items held in US federally funded "collections".

I wonder if you are all aware of the fact that Prescott Bush,
(georges grandfather) robbed Geronimos grave and took his skull and bones to the skull and bones club at Yale?????
The FBI have done nothing to help.
This may be something to work on as Yale is no doubt federally funded and grave robbing is illegal.

regards

Pipemaker
Are you serious?
Old 03-27-2004, 04:59 PM   #37
Teen Dancer

hoov4450 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazbot

Igot done talking with my f.b.i buddy. He was sorry it took so long too get back with me. He relayed the info too their internet division and they are checking it out. If any laws were broke or any wrong doing going on they will get to the bottom of it. he promised me as much, and we are like bros so he won't let me down. Also i'll wait for what he has to say about the NON- sale
hoov4450 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links