Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Help the memory of the Sacred3 Help the memory of the Sacred3

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
soonerbyheart is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Exclamation Help the memory of the Sacred3

In March of 2003 three generations of the sauk&fox nation were viciously seperated from their respected families, culture and life itself. In a case of driving while intoxicated, Mary Clark, Juanita Goodreau, and Jan Stevens were killed by a white man and his girlfriend. As of this date, there has been no jail time for said driver and his attorney as well as the judge on the case have started a chain of events that may lead to a killer to be released on the streets. My younger cousin said it best, "It is not the case of the drunken indian killing a white man but the drunk white man killing three generations of one family in one fell swoop of fate." This has the potential to be a powder keg ready to explode in Lincoln county, Oklahoma. Basically saying it is okay for a white man to kill an indian and not pay for it. It is 2004 not 1904!! Let us hope there is a change in people and thinking what is best for all. It is not that just because he is white, but of the fact that one might get away with murder. I humbly reach out to my people for help. My grandmother, my auntie and my cousin lived for the powwow and held our way in high regards, it was their life. To many they were known and by many they are missed. I believe in an eye for an eye, but I would like to see justice prevail. We ask you out there to visit a website started by Jan's youngest son and take a few minutes to read the information and perhaps sign the petition to be presented to state legislators in Oklahoma. www.sacred3.com We thank you for any and all support.
M.Cannon
soonerbyheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Thank you SAH... most of us are well aware of this and have written letters, signed the petition and contacted media... speaking for myself , but I'm sure others will say the same, I support you totally!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Thank you for posting this...you have my support.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2004, 10:39 AM   #4
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Dang - I tried to sign it again....oops.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links