Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues I have a dream ! I have a dream !

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
Savings: 0.00
I have a dream !

Last edited by comadre; 09-12-2012 at 04:48 PM..
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
pigheaded

Good Dream comadre, Hope one day it comes true.

I'd say mine is to never see or hear of another elder or child, or anyone for that matter, die because of poor housing conditions, (Freeze to death, die from heat stroke, etc), what I'd don, well, not to sure what more I could do other than offer my services to try to fixup and or weatherize as many homes as possible, maybe talk with employer and or former employers and places like material yards to donate $ and/or materials to make that happen.

SO...Who's next?
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
I wake up one day and see that there is NO MORE fighting, no more bickering and no more back stabbing,,, the circle is united once more and we all share what we have without asking do you need it ????
I have been trying for years and have seen a wee bit of sucess, so maybe with patience and more time I can show people that sharing is what we need to do again without JUDGING or pegholing people to death.
I have always told people my door is open and still live this way,,, I also ask them to leave me a list of what they need for their regalia or sacred items... since you all know me as Road Kill Warrior too my list of things grows at each powwow I attend and the bags of goodies I bring the next time gets bigger too. I started with one notepad and asked people to write down name and address and what they needed... I now have a book on requests and this has spread from local to both north and south america. If only we could spread unconditional love this way we would be ahead of the problems that continue to plague us each passing day. So my dream is easy,,, spread the love and share,,,, and above all do it from the heart and not from the wallet!!!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
outnumbered

comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Those are great dreams for ndn country. I also love the threads that Paul has put up of the kids that are dreaming of great things too ! Fresh water, better playgrounds, bubble gum, back packs and becoming president. That sparks another dream of mine.

I dream of the day that these children feel the joy that their dreams came true!
I think what I can do would be to support those in our communities who are helping the children.

NEXT
Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I have a dream for the most basic of necessities, that not another native child, or adult goes hungry. That everyone has enough good first, and that that food is healthy.

Theres a big foundation setting up shop here, wondering how to help our people, but they don't want to hear about a food bank. I don't care about the circumstances, I think everyone has to have access to food.

If and when I open a restaurant, I will have a big pot of soup going for anyone to help themselves. You could donate. Or not. There's too many people walking around hungry.

I'll continue to hound the foundation about starting a food bank...I'll even volunteer to run it.

Last edited by wyo_rose; 10-14-2011 at 01:42 AM..
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
outnumbered

Wyo= I sure do pray that you get your chance to do just that!Surely we can all spend our generosity in the form of service right?

who's next?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
jada100

i strongly agree with you, if i were there with you, id help you thats a big problem in our country
Old 12-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Now that winter has come to stay, I pray that everyone has the means to stay warm, especially enough fuel for the body!

Mittens for cold fingers, warm caps for cold brains, and warm, dry boots for cold feet. A warm bed to sleep in, a safe and warm house to live in, and someone to warm their heart.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

MistaMo is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 32.16
I dream to see Native American historical cultural centers where young generations like myself can learn about their heritage at a more in depth level. The centers will line the great lakes from toronto to kingston, as those are the only hubs in the entire Kanyen'keha:ka territory. The centers will contiain language classrooms, an open ground for pow wows, and a Longhouse for socials, potlucks, and fundraising events. There will be an in depth museum on native culture as a whole, including international traditions and customs, as well as focused information on each tribe of first nations people. At the moment, however, I am going to agree that the welfare of our nation, being adequate living conditions, proper healthcare and treatment, and support from the national community is the main focus.

As for how I am helping, I am working to extend this focus upon my peer group: at school, work, and at home.
My mother and I are currently trying to contact the mayor and local MP about the cultural center that is required in our town. No response as of yet, but hopefully that wont be for long.
MistaMo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
jada100

amen, i been cold for 3 days no heat, my furnace went out hope to get fixed today need warmth
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
jada100

that is great mistamo, i will pray for that, we need more people like you
Old 12-11-2011, 03:58 AM   #12
outnumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaMo View Post
I dream to see Native American historical cultural centers where young generations like myself can learn about their heritage at a more in depth level. The centers will line the great lakes from toronto to kingston, as those are the only hubs in the entire Kanyen'keha:ka territory. The centers will contiain language classrooms, an open ground for pow wows, and a Longhouse for socials, potlucks, and fundraising events. There will be an in depth museum on native culture as a whole, including international traditions and customs, as well as focused information on each tribe of first nations people. At the moment, however, I am going to agree that the welfare of our nation, being adequate living conditions, proper healthcare and treatment, and support from the national community is the main focus.

As for how I am helping, I am working to extend this focus upon my peer group: at school, work, and at home.
My mother and I are currently trying to contact the mayor and local MP about the cultural center that is required in our town. No response as of yet, but hopefully that wont be for long.
wow! That's a big dream and undertaking.I wish you well in your endeavors.

Wyo- it amazes me that there are still people freezing in the winters in 2011.There is no excuse. I too hope there is help fast in remedying the problem this year.I know of church groups that send winter items to the reservations and it warms me to see the love of people in action.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #13
outnumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada100 View Post
amen, i been cold for 3 days no heat, my furnace went out hope to get fixed today need warmth
bring us up to speed here on the heat. Were you able to get it fixed? Maryland is cold I understand!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #14
jada100

yes it is cold it is 32 today, thank you for asking about my heat yes, i got it fixed and, you did you i hope you are warm.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #15
Ready to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post

Wyo- it amazes me that there are still people freezing in the winters in 2011.There is no excuse. I too hope there is help fast in remedying the problem this year.I know of church groups that send winter items to the reservations and it warms me to see the love of people in action.
Yep, some people up here are living ROUGH! One household in particular that is in bad shape, broken windows, probably no insulation, most would call it a shack nowadays - they block off everything but the living room and have about 3-4 electric heaters going.

A young man froze to death in his house last year after his heater went out. Every winter, there's always someone dying from being outside and freezing to death.

And it's just HARD to get things done here. Thank goodness, we got a repairman out 2 years ago to hook up my daughters gas wall heater in one room. We're still trying to get him to come back and hook up the 2nd heater and the hot water heater. We have had the equipment, and can pay, but getting someone to actually come do the work is a whole 'nother story.

And I don't even want to get started on why she is still living without water for going on 3 years now!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #16
outnumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Yep, some people up here are living ROUGH! One household in particular that is in bad shape, broken windows, probably no insulation, most would call it a shack nowadays - they block off everything but the living room and have about 3-4 electric heaters going.

A young man froze to death in his house last year after his heater went out. Every winter, there's always someone dying from being outside and freezing to death.

And it's just HARD to get things done here. Thank goodness, we got a repairman out 2 years ago to hook up my daughters gas wall heater in one room. We're still trying to get him to come back and hook up the 2nd heater and the hot water heater. We have had the equipment, and can pay, but getting someone to actually come do the work is a whole 'nother story.

And I don't even want to get started on why she is still living without water for going on 3 years now!!!!
prayers
Sponsored Links