Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can other Native Americans dance or sing in Pow-wow?
Yes 6 75.00%
No 0 0%
Depends 1 12.50%
They Should Ask for Permission first 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues I need ur opinions...on this issue.... I need ur opinions...on this issue....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
Pow-Wow Spectator

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question I need ur opinions...on this issue....

"Navajos Embrace dancing, and singing, but not all agree" This a article in the July 27th, Navajo Times Newspaper. I wanted to ask you of your opinions of Navajos and other Native Americans embracing in the tradition of Pow-wow, from which I understand was started by the Great Plains Indians. The article says that the Great Plains Indians are saying the Navajos don't belong in the Pow-wow circle, and shouldn't dance or sing. What do you think of this issue?

Last edited by tselani_boy; 08-31-2006 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: mistakes
tselani_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

apacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselani_boy
"Navajos Embrace dancing, and singing, but not all agree" This a article in the July 27th, Navajo Times Newspaper. I wanted to ask you of your opinions of Navajos and other Native Americans embracing in the tradition of Pow-wow, from which I understand was started by the Great Plains Indians. The article says that the Great Plains Indians are saying the Navajos don't belong in the Pow-wow circle, and shouldn't dance or sing. What do you think of this issue?
...If you ask me,it's a little TOO LATE for anyone to say anything about this.Just about every nation here,and to the North,have taken powwow and run with it.Some of the best powwows in the US are in the Southwest(GON,White Mountain Apache,Apache Gold,and Navajo Nation Fair)and there's no shortage of Plains NDNs at neither one of these powwows as far as I've seen,so I don't know what all the bulls#$t's about.Seems to me like a lot of these guys are trying to weed out some of their competition by making ridiculous remarks like this,therefore sparking resentment towards those dancers who aren't of Plains tribes,making them uncomfortable enough to not want to compete against them.There are many champion dancers from all across NDN country,and if you ask me I don't give two [email protected]#$s where they 're from,I just like to watch'em dance....!!Stop the crap!!let's all dance and have a goot time,NDN style!!....keep smilin'1
apacheheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
Pow-Wow Spectator

tselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond reputetselani_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Amen....sister....stop all the bull**** and lets all have a goot time!!! Thanks for ur input....

tselani_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
Teen Dancer

apacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselani_boy
Amen....sister....stop all the bull**** and lets all have a goot time!!! Thanks for ur input....
...HEHHEH...you called me sister...one more guess,blood....no worries tho',us Southwest skins gotta stick together,aaayy??....keep smilin'1
apacheheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links