Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree4Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Indians dating/marrying non-indians: Indians dating/marrying non-indians:

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #61
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,920.10
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Between you, me, this board and the openness of the Internet?

I get the same (racist) feeling when a Native person indicates that they want their kids to "marry Native."

That's just ignorance and fear.
I'm not one to to eavesdrop, but... LOL

Zeke...why do you think a Native person would be a racist if they desired for their children to marry a Native person? Where do you see the ignorance and fear?

Are you saying you are a man's man and not showing ignorance and fear because you prefer a wide-bodied 747 white chick like the pic you posted earlier in the thread?

Is dating a non-Native your way of showing fearlessness of your race?

Just asking.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #62
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I'm not one to to eavesdrop, but... LOL

Zeke...why do you think a Native person would be a racist if they desired for their children to marry a Native person? Where do you see the ignorance and fear?

Are you saying you are a man's man and not showing ignorance and fear because you prefer a wide-bodied 747 white chick like the pic you posted earlier in the thread?

Is dating a non-Native your way of showing fearlessness of your race?

Just asking.
Oh, you know I am open to discussion in all things: no worries!

Here's the deal, from my perspective...

I like what I like because I biologically like it. I have no big or evil subversive plans as such, it's just what I like and I cannot change it. Primarily, that's one of the reasons -- although I find the idea distasteful -- that I have no qualms with gay folks: it's the same standard. If I get to "like what I like," they do,too.

But yeah, I openly believe that a Native who desires their children to "marry a Native person" is a 100% race baiting zealot. (Just like a Korean, Black, Jew, White Power fool, etc., who believes the same thing.) Why?

1. It's ignorance to believe that, due to a specific racial makeup, said potential mate is to be preferred.
2. It's fearful to believe that a potential mate from any other race is, by definition, not as good.

I mean, come on, we all know that, right?

As for being a man's man -- if I am -- that really has nothing to do with what I prefer to date.

Again, I have no issues with questions...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2011, 05:05 AM   #63
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh, you know I am open to discussion in all things: no worries!

Here's the deal, from my perspective...

I like what I like because I biologically like it. I have no big or evil subversive plans as such, it's just what I like and I cannot change it. Primarily, that's one of the reasons -- although I find the idea distasteful -- that I have no qualms with gay folks: it's the same standard. If I get to "like what I like," they do,too.

I agree.

But yeah, I openly believe that a Native who desires their children to "marry a Native person" is a 100% race baiting zealot. (Just like a Korean, Black, Jew, White Power fool, etc., who believes the same thing.) Why?

1. It's ignorance to believe that, due to a specific racial makeup, said potential mate is to be preferred.

What if by previous bad relationship with another race, said person desires their offspring to date within their own. This removes ignorance.

2. It's fearful to believe that a potential mate from any other race is, by definition, not as good.

When it come to defining as 'not as good', then I agree. Kind of reminds me of the a local issue where an HOA wanted to kick out Muslim homeowners because they bought the house to be able to pray.

You, Zeke, are the anti-Hitler. LOL

I mean, come on, we all know that, right?

As for being a man's man -- if I am -- that really has nothing to do with what I prefer to date.

Again, I have no issues with questions...
I know we don't have issues.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #64
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
But yeah, I openly believe that a Native who desires their children to "marry a Native person" is a 100% race baiting zealot. (Just like a Korean, Black, Jew, White Power fool, etc., who believes the same thing.)
What if the issue isn't race, but culture/religion?

For me, the issue is moot, I don't have children. But if I did, I would raise them Jewish, and would really hope that my grandchildren would also be raised Jewish. Realistically, that pretty much means marrying another Jew. And, in the US, that means (with very few exceptions) White. My desire is race-neutral, but the outcome would be racial.

That doesn't mean I would "shun" my kids and grandkids if they chose differently, but a part of me would be disappointed.

I don't think I'm racist for thinking that way, but others might disagree. And that's cool, I've been called worse!

Last edited by RDNKJ; 03-26-2011 at 03:16 PM..
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #65
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post

For discussion sake, they would seem to all be linked.

It's easier to discuss race when you're not of the anglo persuassion. Non-anglos don't have issues in naming races. LOL

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #66
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
For discussion sake, they would seem to all be linked.

It's easier to discuss race when you're not of the anglo persuassion. Non-anglos don't have issues in naming races. LOL
Ah, you responded while I was editing my post.

And, yes, I have to Tiptoe through the tulips of this type of discussion.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #67
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Hey now, the "Sponsored Links" spambot put up an ad for "African Dating and Singles" Afrointroductions dot com just below this thread. The internet is watching our thread!
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #68
On The Rocks

AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Expectations: Biological, Cultural, Religious, TRIBAL.

Nobody hooks-up and says "Let's make halfbreed kids!" yet it has forced the U.S. Census to allow people to self-identify under more than one "category".

The Torah has a scene after the Exiles return from captivity in Babylon, the Israelites are forced to banish their "foreign" wives and children, not deemed to be part of their race/religion/culture. Sad scene indeed. (I offer this more as history, not pushing any form of religion here). This speaks of how they strived for ethnic/religious purity, so as to not "water-down" the overall society.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #69
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
The Torah has a scene after the Exiles return from captivity in Babylon, the Israelites are forced to banish their "foreign" wives and children, not deemed to be part of their race/religion/culture. Sad scene indeed. (I offer this more as history, not pushing any form of religion here). This speaks of how they strived for ethnic/religious purity, so as to not "water-down" the overall society.
And hasn't that worked out well?

Banishment...

This is one of the finer 90 second thoughts I've seen on the subject.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #70
Love PowWows!

MtnLiving has a reputation beyond repute
MtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51.00
Color means little to me. Culture means much more.

In the end, I want my children to be as lucky as I am...to have a spouse that cares deeply for me and has my back 100%, regardless of color.
MtnLiving is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #71
On The Rocks

ZEKE - Seems like there would be just one world religion by now, if only one could "work" for EVERYBODY...Hmmm...

Mtn Living - Great to have a nice spouse....the days go better, the marriage too!

YIKES! The computer bot just morphed the African Dating link into an Asian Dating link, did that really happen? What does it show you, Zeke? Blondes? LOL I'm logging off for sleep now.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #72
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:

For me, the issue is moot, I don't have children. But if I did, I would raise them Jewish, and would really hope that my grandchildren would also be raised Jewish. Realistically, that pretty much means marrying another Jew. And, in the US, that means (with very few exceptions) White. My desire is race-neutral, but the outcome would be racial.

That doesn't mean I would "shun" my kids and grandkids if they chose differently, but a part of me would be disappointed.

I don't think I'm racist for thinking that way, but others might disagree. And that's cool, I've been called worse!

By Zeke's definition, you are!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #73
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnLiving View Post
Color means little to me. Culture means much more.

In the end, I want my children to be as lucky as I am...to have a spouse that cares deeply for me and has my back 100%, regardless of color.
Are you saying you and your husband are different colors, but same cultures?

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #74
On The Rocks

Quote:

Here's an article on "racial" diversity of people that self-identify as Jews:

Be'chol Lashon: Population: How Many Jews Are in the World Today?: Counting Jews of Color in the U.S.

It's been a while since I went to a Jewish wedding, I love the music and dancing!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #75
Pow Wow Visitor

chet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 334.96
Hey, I was buying some beer at a store here in NJ and there was a "cougar-ish" cashier who served me as I paid for it. She looks at me and says "Are you native american?" or something like that. I says "Yeah.".

She says "I have a "thing" for native americans. I know it's a "nasty" thing to say but I do.". I just laughed.

She wasn't drop dead gorgeous or I would've asked her what time she got off work. I think it was about closing time anyway.

Her co-worker served me last time and she was pretty sharp looking- blonde. petitte with a pretty face. If she says something similar I'm jumping all over it.

Last edited by chet69; 03-28-2011 at 09:51 AM..
chet69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #76
Lion of Judah

Quote:
By Zeke's definition, you are!

That's cool. No worries. We all have opinions!

I might add, though, that I would have no issues if my child brought home, for example, an Ethiopian Jew/Falashi as a spouse. The issue for me is religion, not race.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #77
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
Here's an article on "racial" diversity of people that self-identify as Jews:

Be'chol Lashon: Population: How Many Jews Are in the World Today?: Counting Jews of Color in the U.S.

It's been a while since I went to a Jewish wedding, I love the music and dancing!
Thanks, AmigoK! Very interesting. I'll have to check out their website more.
I do quibble a little with their definition of "diverse" Jews; I think their definitions are a little broad.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #78
Pow Wow Visitor

chet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 334.96
Kinda off the subject isn't it?
chet69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #79
Lion of Judah

Not necessarily. Substitute Jew/Jewish with the name of any Native American/First Nations tribal group. The issues are the same, and the points just as valid. Only the ethnicity is different.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #80
On The Rocks

LOL the "Sponsored Links" feature is still pushing "Asian Dating dot com" at me!

Browse Singles Now

ooh la la!
Sponsored Links