Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Indians As Thieves - The Schwarzenegger Schtick Indians As Thieves - The Schwarzenegger Schtick

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 08:15 PM   #21
*~the REAL me~*

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Terminator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyami
Does anyone know about the law Arnold is trying to past that keeps people who are born out of the United States from running for President? I heard a little on the news and that was it it did not go into to much detail. I think he wanted the laws changed so he could run for President in the future. (From what I'm reading on the Threads I hope it does not happen.)
Dyami..you have it exactly backwards...the current law requires you to be born in the US...and governors can't make any laws, only legislative bodies in their own states can pass/enact laws for their state only, not U.S. national law....this would require CONGRESSIONAL action, not that of governor's or even the president. This amendment was FIRST proposed by the Democratic party to promote our own Governor Jennifer Granholm (darling of the media, born in Canada) who was one of few democrats nation wide to do well 2 years ago...
Arnold is a naturalized Austrian I believe, and also wouldn't currently be eligible for Pres...despite the bizarre nature of US politics, I can't see where that doofus would ever be a strong national candidate..but based on the last couple elections, who knows? Let's hope someone better surfaces...
C
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2004, 09:24 PM   #22
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyami
Does anyone know about the law Arnold is trying to past that keeps people who are born out of the United States from running for President? I heard a little on the news and that was it it did not go into to much detail. I think he wanted the laws changed so he could run for President in the future. (From what I'm reading on the Threads I hope it does not happen.)

I dont think it is him that is trying to pass the law it is a lady that supports him and wnats to speak on his behalf that is lobbying the bill.. But he didnt disagree to it and said that if it were passed that he would run for president in the future.
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2004, 10:23 PM   #23
Senior Dancer

Dyami has a reputation beyond repute
Dyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonah04
Dyami..you have it exactly backwards...the current law requires you to be born in the US...and governors can't make any laws, only legislative bodies in their own states can pass/enact laws for their state only, not U.S. national law....this would require CONGRESSIONAL action, not that of governor's or even the president. This amendment was FIRST proposed by the Democratic party to promote our own Governor Jennifer Granholm (darling of the media, born in Canada) who was one of few democrats nation wide to do well 2 years ago...
Arnold is a naturalized Austrian I believe, and also wouldn't currently be eligible for Pres...despite the bizarre nature of US politics, I can't see where that doofus would ever be a strong national candidate..but based on the last couple elections, who knows? Let's hope someone better surfaces...
C
yeah, I just re-read what I wrote and it is backwards sorry, but I am glad everyone understood what I was trying to say. I hope he doesn't become president though, we have enough with the people born in the US ending up as presidents screwing us over let along someone born from another country. Especially a person who is/was a entertainer.
I'm not sure but doesn't a person have to have some type of political or some type of law background before you run for mayor? And do he have such background?
Dyami is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2004, 10:30 PM   #24
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
who ya know and who ya married to...

I also think it has alot with who he is Married to.. Maria Shriver is of the Kennedy clan... is that enough background fer ya ? LOL..
Old 11-20-2004, 10:38 PM   #25
Senior Dancer

Dyami has a reputation beyond repute
Dyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond repute
yeah that's true, he's riding on the Kennedy's I forgot he was married to her
Dyami is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2004, 11:23 PM   #26
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverwade
Blackbear,
I told you that Alaska wouldn't afford you the opportunity to be worldly, lol. Mary Carey received as much news as Gary Coleman, Larry Flynt and Angelynne.
I still don't know what you mean by that ... I've only lived in alaska 8 years..LOL... and it's not like we are behind the times here either... I just dont' watch the nightly news and get most of my news off the internet and i never heard of Mary Carey.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:46 PM   #27
Cloud Dancer

Mary Carey's real name is Mary Cook that may be why you dont recognize the name Carey.. its her stage name, which she borrowed off Mariah Carey... and she ran under the name Cook not Carey..
Old 11-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #28
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Think about this, could Arnold be hounding Indians to bail out the state budget crisis, so he can say "look, I solved it, I'd make a great president." Then some idiot congressmen would say, "darn he is pretty good, let's make an exception for this guy, or pass an amendment or something so he can run for president of the U.S."

Anyone here ever see the movie Demolition Man. Remember when Sandra Bullock's character referenced the Arnold Schwarzennegar presidential library? Then she explained how congress passed an amendment to allow that to happen? Kind of freaky.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #29
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear
I still don't know what you mean by that ... I've only lived in alaska 8 years..LOL... and it's not like we are behind the times here either... I just dont' watch the nightly news and get most of my news off the internet and i never heard of Mary Carey.
I'm just ruffling feathers that's all. Let me suggest to you the best action, just don't pay attention to my twisted humor, lol.
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2004, 12:27 PM   #30
Tiny Tot Dancer

Donna D is an unknown quantity at this point
When he was running for governor, I sent him an e-mail telling him to read The Constitution, which says (paraphrased) "Indians shall not be taxed." What is more clear than that? I guess the states are above the Constitution. Which of the great lake states was it where their governor was telling the tribes to pony up 50% of their GROSS income or be faced with Las Vegas competition?
Holey Moley!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2004, 12:30 PM   #31
Tiny Tot Dancer

Donna D is an unknown quantity at this point
It's called "The Arnold Amendment" and it's already been introduced. Maybe that movie will come true. (Violent shivers of horror)!!!!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #32
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D
When he was running for governor, I sent him an e-mail telling him to read The Constitution, which says (paraphrased) "Indians shall not be taxed." What is more clear than that? I guess the states are above the Constitution. Which of the great lake states was it where their governor was telling the tribes to pony up 50% of their GROSS income or be faced with Las Vegas competition?
Holey Moley!
Hi That would be Minnesota From Gov. Pawley here.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 11-22-2004 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: Spelling
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links