Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: is the issue of wannabes, fakes etc important to you??
yes 59 59.00%
no 41 41.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues is the issue of wannabes,fakes etc important to you?? is the issue of wannabes,fakes etc important to you??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #81
Love PowWows!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MtnLiving has a reputation beyond repute
MtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51.00
Savings: 0.00
I get po'd at people like Lynn Andrews, et,all, that act out a "part" that they've created for themselves at the expense of others and their falling prey to it, yes. However, I don't get angry when someone claims to have a native connection somewhere in their history and are wanting to research it and become more connected to it.

Don't pretend to be something you're not. If it's a real connection and you want to be a part of it, great, take the knowledge, make it your own, but make it personal.....don't capitalize on it.
MtnLiving is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #82
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,928.95
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
No Zeke they divided and conqured...
That's romanticist rhetoric.

We failed to act -- or remain -- together, even in circumstances wherein it was immediately obvious that it was in our best interest to act in unison.

We, willingly, divided and, as a direct result, they conquered.

Still happens, today.

We, have to grow up and pull our collective heads from our posteriors. Instead, we're all -- individually -- begging for table scraps.

Get together, and you can demand a SEAT at the table. But, of course, the apologists amongst us only desire entitlements, not opportunities.

Screw 'em.

Last edited by Zeke; 01-12-2009 at 12:49 AM..
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #83
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
That's romanticist rhetoric.

We failed to act -- or remain -- together, even in circumstances wherein it was immediately obvious that it was in our best interest to act in unison.

We, willingly, divided and, as a direct result, they conquered.

Still happens, today.

We, have to grow up and pull our collective heads from our posteriors. Instead, we're all -- individually -- begging for table scraps.

Get together, and you can demand a SEAT at the table. But, of course, the apologists amongst us only desire entitlements, not opportunities.

Screw 'em.
No Zeke We acted, we fought with all we had, many of us still fought when it was obvious we would not win, many still fight. We were not one people who divided amoungst ourselves. We were 500 different Nations. Certainly many had allies, and some had confederacy's, but we did pull together. Did all 500 Nations pull together as one? No, how could they have, but many pulled together with their Neighbour Nations. Did enemies suddenly join hands and sing?...not all but some in fact did and that in itself is a remarkable act of putting aside differences to fight for ones people. We may not have won, but we did not totally lose, if we had they would not have needed to make treaties with us. The only reason they didn't have an absolute win is because of all that I have mentioned so far.

Do we need to pull together now? Sure, is it happening? I dopn't know about the US, but up here chiefs meet with other chiefs in their province (which is a whole lot bigger then a state) and decide what they need to do together when dealing with the province, sometimes up here we pull together all across canada. Sometimes they join land claims for a stronger fight as the Algonquins did on their latest land claim. Does every single NDN up here get along, and agree in ideology?...don't be ridiculous, the thing is though that change can happen as long as many get together. And many do.

This is not romantisized bull Zeke, theis is history and this is pride in who we are.

Where are you comming from? Are you so beaten down that you look so terribly on your roots? So beaten down that you want to assimilate and be "just like them"? How do live in a life where you look at your people and say "its all our fault, thank god the white people have a better way for us"?

If I am totally wrong about you..and I really hope I am...then tell me explain to me where your pride in you, your roots and your history.
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #84
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Quote:
Also I think the paler NDN's out there would feel less like they needed to explain themselves if there were no wannabes.
I agree!
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #85
Thinkin' Fancy thoughts

beeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond repute
beeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00

Quote:
and as for the wannabes I think it is a problem cause we got a lot of our people who were raised by whites go looking to learn their culture and get dragged in by these wannabes who need an NDN who knows squat to validate them,,,I've seen it and its sad, also I think the paler NDN's out there would feel less like they needed to explain themselves if there were no wannabes.
Have seen this as well. This paler NDN has also been approached by a coupla people with some "suspect" ideas. In both cases, they were not in the neighborhoods of the tribes they claimed to receive their "gifts" from. Wonder why?

It bothers me to see people misusing things they should be protecting. Some of the other stuff lumped in, not so much.
beeleaf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #86
Smoke Dancer

Disappearing Hawk is a splendid one to beholdDisappearing Hawk is a splendid one to beholdDisappearing Hawk is a splendid one to behold
my sister got a detention in school a few years back... she was doodling on her paper, and she wrote "wannabes=eww".The teacher claimed to be cherokee, which my sis didnt know.
Disappearing Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #87
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Zeke is referring to the historical fact that there is not a tribe out there that didnt have a faction that either betrayed the ones resisting by siding with the whites or just didn't join in. Take the sioux nation for example out of the 20,000 that were around in the 1870s only 3000 were actively resisting, the rest were begging for scraps at longshanks table.

Or another example it wasn't whites who tracked down apaches, it was apaches. I can go on with each and every tribe.

Zeke is obviously more than proud of his ancestry, obviously so because he doesn't want to be a part of the system of begging we have today.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #88
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gache View Post
Zeke is obviously more than proud of his ancestry, obviously so because he doesn't want to be a part of the system of begging we have today.
Plenty of us are proud, believe in their traditions and don't beg for scraps! Asking for whats due is fair enough, we shouldn't roll over like dogs saying "oh thats Ok you can keep that too" But that is different then begging for scraps.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #89
Tiny Tot Dancer

IlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Wherever I am suppose to be at that time...simple as that.
What I've been saying..

Again, I agree with you Zeke...

That said :

What I am saying is not that I am ashamed of my roots or anything...

I am in fact probably OVER-proud and overly sensative about my roots...

... when you love and respect something so much, it is hard to balance on the line of being "healthy" and "zealous"...

anyway..

Because I love and respect my elders, family, etc.etc... I want to make sure that we don't degrade into a bunch of hypocritical beggars who spend all their time pointing fingers and demanding to be given something

rather than

standing up and just making it happen.

Wannabes don't mean anything to me... in fact, they are a good source of income if you'd use your brain and actually figure out how to USE them instead of abuse them, eh ?

I don't know about you, but white wannabes are the "sacred animal" of the modern day Indian...

you know why ?

Cause you can use everypart of them without wasting anything.

You can use their money to pay your bills
You can use their social pull to get your goals accomplished

LoL... every Indian should have a herd of wannabes... you know ?

Worst than wannabes are all these beggars sitting round complaining and making an over-all spirit of negativity spread throughout the tribes...

This sense of being a victim....

I don't want my two sons growing up feeling like victims..

... we walk in the shadows of ancient gods--- those old timers whom we hear about in the stories handed down...

Every tribe has them... those old timers who we all wish we had the nuts to be like..

Well... I DO want my sons to be like them.

I do not want them to "perserve" their way of life... I want them to live it !

None of this sitting around and talking about it.. I want them to just get out there and do it !

The Lnu people are warriors--- I know my history. So, my sons will grow up as warriors-- end of story.

Like Zeke said... they won't sit around blaming "wannabes" for their problems... my sons WILL have a seat at the table..

Hell... They will sit at the head of table.

Why ? Because I know that the old timers would have done the same.

Soldiers...not beggars.

Im not saying to pick up arms in some kinda of insane AIM-like venture..

I'm saying to get your mind and direction clear and focused and then get your goals accomplished via your own power, prestige, and resources.
IlnuSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #90
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,043.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disappearing Hawk View Post
my sister got a detention in school a few years back... she was doodling on her paper, and she wrote "wannabes=eww".The teacher claimed to be cherokee, which my sis didnt know.
Carefull there
Many claim
But 76,000 here in Oklahoma IS...
Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #91
Powwows.com Princess

Items Panda
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,530.89
Lightbulb To JOSIAH and MR PEANUT

Well said. "We're on the same page."
ugidali is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #92
Senior Dancer

With a few exceptions (adoption, never knowing grandparents) how do you not know that Mom or dad or (at least one of) your Grandparents are NDN? Just wondering with all the "I just found out I'm part NDN" types. I used to respond with "Oh were you adopted to?" since it seemed most logical, but no, generally not. Just thinking.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:49 PM   #93
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 29,071.01
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
With a few exceptions (adoption, never knowing grandparents) how do you not know that Mom or dad or (at least one of) your Grandparents are NDN? Just wondering with all the "I just found out I'm part NDN" types. I used to respond with "Oh were you adopted to?" since it seemed most logical, but no, generally not. Just thinking.
Hello Suzze

i see your trying to see somthing and im happy for you ,i think Josh said it well when he said there are ppl that do have claims and there are ppl that is and he has a count for OK .

but there are ppl that do have genetics and some family blood lines that are Native American some know their tribes and some don't, and it donst make a wantto be because of light blood lines and it don't make a full blood or half breed either but still it make one Indian from there it each person responsibility to learn and grow well and honestly
i don't think you will be able to say every white person you see is a wantabe or will it serve you well to think that a light skin makes a wantto be to, its how one does and everyone is at a different place of being so if one come in and don't know what thay are doing, its like missing school you miss learning and the pear group but after a while if one does well thay can learn and make friends with good intechions
any way here to seeing

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 02-15-2009 at 10:52 PM..
2lineCarrandMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #94
Tiny Tot Dancer

IlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Wherever I am suppose to be at that time...simple as that.
Suzze - I knew this one kid that had black hair and darker skin (not brown, but darker) and both his parents were pale and blonde hair....

He eventually figured out his was not their kid... but it took long enough for him to be distanced from his roots... he spent a long time trying to get "back into his tribe"..so to speak..

The adoption issue is a hard one, eh? I am glad that you made the point to recoginize it as an exception.
IlnuSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #95
Native Goddess

nativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 152.20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
yes but is the issue that important to me to have more than one thread about it? No.
I agree with you Blackbear. There's nothing that can stop it so why worry about it??
nativegoddess77 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #96
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,928.95
Quote:
Oh, they knew (in general).

Typically, they just became aware that they could get a Fed-sanctioned card that validates their claims.

To them, and many, the card is what actually makes you Native.

BOGUS.

But, if we didn't have cards, folks couldn't wield them as swords, claim discrimination, base their income by making crafts deemed from a protected class, and/or be threatened because some guy who is 1/256 of some tribe decided to have a Sun Dance at the KOA.

CDIB's are like tattoos Jews wore at concentration camps, except we've bought into the idea that we must have them. As such, so has John Q.

"Just found out I'm Indian," means, "Just found out I can get a card."
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2009, 02:44 AM   #97
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
Hello Suzze
i don't think you will be able to say every white person you see is a wantabe or will it serve you well to think that a light skin makes a wantto be to,
I ABSOLUTELY do NOT get what you are saying here!? Are you saying a white wannabe and a light skinned NDN are the same? I hope not so please clarify. Also I don't think all whites are wannabe's just the ones that play NDN.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #98
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 29,071.01
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Good morning Suzze

coffee is making and i getting ready for my day and i read that i needed to clarify a comment you you

let me see to

i was trying to make a point that this is something that is not told intirely by the eye ,with the obvious stated. classifying
ppl it a hard thing to do but i will try again in reference to this post,
but there are ppl that do have genetics and some family blood lines that are Native American some know their tribes and some don't, and it donst make a wantto be because of light blood lines and it don't make a full blood or half breed either but still it make one Indian from there it each person responsibility to learn and grow well and honestly
i don't think you will be able to say every white person you see is a wantabe or will it serve you well to think that a light skin makes a wantto be to

not alll whites are wantobe but some wantobe are white,and some white skin ppl are Indian
really i cant do any better than

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 02-16-2009 at 07:58 AM..
2lineCarrandMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #99
Senior Dancer

Thanks for clearing that up. Agreed some are a little pigment challenged. Again I will state that this is an issue because of wannabes
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #100
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Oh, they knew (in general).

Typically, they just became aware that they could get a Fed-sanctioned card that validates their claims.

To them, and many, the card is what actually makes you Native.

BOGUS.

But, if we didn't have cards, folks couldn't wield them as swords, claim discrimination, base their income by making crafts deemed from a protected class, and/or be threatened because some guy who is 1/256 of some tribe decided to have a Sun Dance at the KOA.

CDIB's are like tattoos Jews wore at concentration camps, except we've bought into the idea that we must have them. As such, so has John Q.

"Just found out I'm Indian," means, "Just found out I can get a card."
Benn thinking about this Zeke.
I had assumed it was more like "just found out" means "Just found the wannabe way" I think both situations could be correct...and even at the same time. The instance you mention leaves a bit more of a rotton taste in the mouth.
Sponsored Links