Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whom do you intend to vote for President?
Sen. John Sidney McCain, III 17 33.33%
Sen. Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues John McCain on Native American Policy John McCain on Native American Policy

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 04:06 AM   #21
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Well what makes Obama's experience valuable? That man would take the office and forget all about the native communities and voters and even his adopted clan until it makes a nice story to impress someone. Face it.. none of these folks give a rip about us. But I would rather (if I was voting) go with someone who at least knew indian law and issues first hand even if he was'nt exactly the best at it, rather than someone who heard the word indian and conjured a picture of Chief Illiwinek in his head.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #22
Junior Dancer

PA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Don't believe everything you read. McCain has proven to lie constantly throughout his campaign for presidency. And so has his running mate Palin. They flip flop on major issues all the time. I wouldn't trust that white man or woman any further than my dog could spit.

May God help us all if McCain would die in offfice leaving Palin behind to run the country. I wouldn't trust her or McCain around that "red button". I also don't think I could stand hearing Palin's voice for 4 - 8 straight years. It would be like someone running their fingernails across a chalkboard non-stop.

I'm also still confused how any average American could relate to McCain. I mean he owns at least 8 large expensive homes, 13 cars and his wife (does she make anyone else as sick as she does me?) is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. How could he ever know what my life was/is like? Once, if he gets in office, I'll guarantee you he'll forget everything he promised for the little guys. Think about it people.

Oh yeah, you can tell when McCain is lying...he constantly bats his eyes while talking.

Obama's got my vote!!!

Last edited by PA-Saponi; 09-23-2008 at 08:45 AM..
PA-Saponi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #23
Teen Dancer

Kaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant future
Credits: 4,123.81
[Deleted

Last edited by Kaina1128; 11-14-2018 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Deleted
Kaina1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2008, 01:04 AM   #24
Teen Dancer

Kaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant future
Credits: 4,123.81
Deleted

Last edited by Kaina1128; 11-14-2018 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Deleted
Kaina1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #25
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-Saponi View Post
Don't believe everything you read. McCain has proven to lie constantly throughout his campaign for presidency. And so has his running mate Palin. They flip flop on major issues all the time. I wouldn't trust that white man or woman any further than my dog could spit.

May God help us all if McCain would die in offfice leaving Palin behind to run the country. I wouldn't trust her or McCain around that "red button". I also don't think I could stand hearing Palin's voice for 4 - 8 straight years. It would be like someone running their fingernails across a chalkboard non-stop.

I'm also still confused how any average American could relate to McCain. I mean he owns at least 8 large expensive homes, 13 cars and his wife (does she make anyone else as sick as she does me?) is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. How could he ever know what my life was/is like? Once, if he gets in office, I'll guarantee you he'll forget everything he promised for the little guys. Think about it people.

Oh yeah, you can tell when McCain is lying...he constantly bats his eyes while talking.

Obama's got my vote!!!
They all lie... it's in a politicians' nature to lie! It's a race, a game and the winner gets to be the leader of the most powerful force on the planet for four years.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #26
Honey Connoissuer

You don't get it.. I dont' think either are good for the role of president. But I really don't think Obama will give a crap about us and totally forget we exist if he gets presidency..... or who knows.... he's muslim right? Did'nt Louis what's his name try to charm indian country a year or so ago for some reason?

The devil you know can be controlled, thwarted, not be able to throw a surprise at you... the devil you don't know could be waiting around the corner with something you'd never expect.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #27
Junior Dancer

PA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
They all lie... it's in a politicians' nature to lie! It's a race, a game and the winner gets to be the leader of the most powerful force on the planet for four years.

This is true. I have never met or seen a politician that doesn't lie a little for the most part. However, McCain tells bold faced lies. He honestly thinks we are stupid. It's not so much that he lies, because we know he's lying, but the worst part is that he is the stupid one. For the life of me I can not understand why anyone would vote or endorse this man. He only got into the Naval Academy because of who he knew. Then he graduated 5th from the bottom of a 500 student class. How many planes did he crash? I'm not taking anything away from him as far as being a POW, but he is not the only person who was a POW during wars. I get sick of him trying to get ahead on the POW story. Wake up people! He chose this Palin person as his running mate. Why won't they let the media vet her like she should be vetted? I can tell you why. Becasue they know she is more stupid than McCain. Has anyone seen the Katie Couric interview with Palin? This is who could potentially be the leader of the free world? SCARY! Sorry Black Bear, but I just don't get why anyone could/would support McCain/Palin.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #28
Making speedos cool again

Noodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud of
Credits: 410.00
Quote:
.... he's muslim right? Did'nt Louis what's his name try to charm indian country a year or so ago for some reason?
Geez BB.....I thought you were a little smarter than that one. That's one of those e-mail rumors full of things that aren't true.

Have a read at FactCheck.org

Good place to see some unbiased reporting on what each candidate says. Obama is not a Muslim and never has been.

Seems like you're grasping at straws here.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #29
Honey Connoissuer

I disagree.. I've seen Palin in action here and she's far from stupid. Crafty, wiley maybe.. but far from stupid.

Clinton told bald faced lies, was even someone who went to canada instead of war... and yet he did more for indian people than any of the other presidents.. in fact he actually came to a reservation or two to see things for himself. He was actually one of the better presidents that ever served.

As for which candidate is smarter... well Obama ain't dazzled me with some brilliant wit either. Americans are screwed one way or the other and the non partisan candidate is a flake too.... and the US picked Obama over another Clinton.... the country is crazy. Maybe it needs another actor for president... what's Clint Eastwood doing these days?

As for being or not being muslim... did'nt hear it was only a rumour... but who's to say he's not lying about that? There's only a few more weeks left... let's see what other dirt flies around LOL!

Grasping at straws? Really? I have'nt been promoting either candidate, only pointing out that Obama ain't no messiah.

Last edited by Blackbear; 09-25-2008 at 04:01 PM..
Blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #30
Junior Dancer

Quote:
I disagree.. I've seen Palin in action here and she's far from stupid. Crafty, wiley maybe.. but far from stupid.

Clinton told bald faced lies, was even someone who went to canada instead of war... and yet he did more for indian people than any of the other presidents.. in fact he actually came to a reservation or two to see things for himself. He was actually one of the better presidents that ever served.

As for which candidate is smarter... well Obama ain't dazzled me with some brilliant wit either. Americans are screwed one way or the other and the non partisan candidate is a flake too.... and the US picked Obama over another Clinton.... the country is crazy. Maybe it needs another actor for president... what's Clint Eastwood doing these days?

As for being or not being muslim... did'nt hear it was only a rumour... but who's to say he's not lying about that? There's only a few more weeks left... let's see what other dirt flies around LOL!

Grasping at straws? Really? I have'nt been promoting either candidate, only pointing out that Obama ain't no messiah.

Typical McCainite/Palinite reply.

Hey BlackBear, just wondering, can you see Russia fom your yard as well as Palin can? If so, then you pass the snuff test of being an expert in foregin relations too I guess, huh?

Most folks I know wish that Palin would take a one-way trip on that "bridge/road to no where" and take McInsane with her.

The scary thing is that there is enough ignorant folks out there to vote these two crazies into office.

May God have mercy on us all if that happens.

Oh yeah, nice way to save yourself an "out" by not claiming to promote either candidate.

Last edited by PA-Saponi; 09-25-2008 at 04:43 PM..
Old 09-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #31
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
More Jo-mama supporters I see.........ah well, world isn't perfect....LOL!!!...........

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #32
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaina1128 View Post
ok i had to do this one more...

Tribal leaders that have endorsed Senator Obama are:

Elmer Begay, Council Delegate, Navajo Nation

Jerry Freddie, Council Delegate, Navajo Nation

Sarah Riggs, Vice-Chair, Dilkon Chapter, Navajo Nation
LMFAO!!!!!!!! I am not surprised that you listed Jerry Freddie, Elmer Begay and Sarah Riggs as Obama endorsers.....they haven't done nothing for the community either.........these people are known for screwing everyone here in my community...yep, there from my part of the rez.....thye have taken all the money out of public accounts and used it for themselves, they are also in cohorts with the Dilcon School board that was recently caught in a lie by auditors, siphoning funds from the school....which was no surprise since they ride around like they are special......the only local businesses thriving are the ones owned by their relatives.....pretty sad indeed....these people are not leaders......

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #33
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Typical McCainite/Palinite reply.

Hey BlackBear, just wondering, can you see Russia fom your yard as well as Palin can? If so, then you pass the snuff test of being an expert in foregin relations too I guess, huh?

Most folks I know wish that Palin would take a one-way trip on that "bridge/road to no where" and take McInsane with her.

The scary thing is that there is enough ignorant folks out there to vote these two crazies into office.

May God have mercy on us all if that happens.

Oh yeah, nice way to save yourself an "out" by not claiming to promote either candidate.
McCanninite/Palinite supporter??? Seriously dude... I like Palin as govenor and she's a breath of fresh air compared to Murkowski, so why would I want her to leave to be vice president? I just don't care for Obama or Killkenny either LOL!! I think everyone's screwed no matter who they vote for and if you want me to give myself an "out" as you call it, hell, I don't even consider myself American.

I am Tuscarora and I don't vote. I abide by American rules because I live in America and not on the rez, but my leaders are the clanmothers and chiefs of the Tuscarora Nation. So go support Obama all you like. He won't be my president even if he is elected.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:58 AM   #34
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Where's the choice (in the poll) for the 3rd party??? That's all I ever vote for cuz...duh...the Electoral College votes for the president.

It used to be that if the 3rd party candidate would get a certain percentage of the popular vote they would get a piece of the federal campaign funds pie. I don't know if it's still like that, but I like voting for the true underdog.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #35
Junior Dancer

Quote:
McCanninite/Palinite supporter??? Seriously dude... I like Palin as govenor and she's a breath of fresh air compared to Murkowski, so why would I want her to leave to be vice president? I just don't care for Obama or Killkenny either LOL!! I think everyone's screwed no matter who they vote for and if you want me to give myself an "out" as you call it, hell, I don't even consider myself American.

I am Tuscarora and I don't vote. I abide by American rules because I live in America and not on the rez, but my leaders are the clanmothers and chiefs of the Tuscarora Nation. So go support Obama all you like. He won't be my president even if he is elected.
A Tuscarora in Alaska? Wow, that's a long move.

After watching some of Katie Couric's interview of Palin, I can't honestly see how on earth she was elected as govenor of Alaska. What was the vote turn-out for the elction there? There are only about 650,000 residents of Alaska, did only a handful show up to vote and she won.

I just can't get over her explaining her foreign policy experience by being Russia's neighbor. What a dumbo. Just think people, this idot may one day be our president. I say let her stay in Alaska and guard our border.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #36
Making speedos cool again

Noodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud of
Credits: 410.00
All I'm sayin'....

[QUOTE=Blackbear;1214927]

QUOTE]

Is check it out yourself. I don't like checkin' out what regular news or blogs have to say about these issues. They both paint bad pictures of the other. I like sources that throw out the doublespeak and just talk about the real facts.

FactCheck.org

Look under the FAQ
(sound like I work for them or something...lol....)

Personally I met McCain when he was running in 2000....if he had won the republican primary I would've voted for him then....but he's not that same man now. Not even close. His record over the last 8 years and the loss of judgment in the last few years especially scare the crap outta me. At the same time I've been following Obama since he came on the scene. His work and record is impressive and above all....he makes sense to me.

Def, supporting Obama in this case. For me....he's far above better than either McCain/Palin. I also have a lot of respect for Biden, who doesn't make anywhere near as much money as the rest of the senators and also tends to make sense.

Just my 2 coconuts.
Noodlz
Old 09-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #37
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:

After watching some of Katie Couric's interview of Palin, I can't honestly see how on earth she was elected as govenor of Alaska. What was the vote turn-out for the elction there? There are only about 650,000 residents of Alaska, did only a handful show up to vote and she won.

I just can't get over her explaining her foreign policy experience by being Russia's neighbor. What a dumbo. Just think people, this idot may one day be our president. I say let her stay in Alaska and guard our border.

Well I don't recall all the figures but she did win by pretty much a landslide if I remember correctly, and if they win you should see who we get stuck with. If Russia being your neighbor is all you got then it's all you got right? Would you consider yourself a dumbo for the amount of foreign policy experience you have or have you wined and dined with a bunch of world leaders?

Would you have rather had her lie and say she rubs elbows with Putin on a weekly basis and saves Alaska from being bombed and turned into a Russian military base? She just does'nt have the experience plain and simple but do you really expect her or any other politician to say that outright during an election? Let's be realistic! That's just not how the game is played.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #38
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
If I gave the hubby my blessing to take a certain job, I'd be a tuscarora in Korea for at least two years... LOL
Old 09-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #39
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Well I don't recall all the figures but she did win by pretty much a landslide if I remember correctly, and if they win you should see who we get stuck with. If Russia being your neighbor is all you got then it's all you got right? Would you consider yourself a dumbo for the amount of foreign policy experience you have or have you wined and dined with a bunch of world leaders?

Would you have rather had her lie and say she rubs elbows with Putin on a weekly basis and saves Alaska from being bombed and turned into a Russian military base? She just does'nt have the experience plain and simple but do you really expect her or any other politician to say that outright during an election? Let's be realistic! That's just not how the game is played.

You sound a little like Palin asking me if I have ever dined with world leaders. Why would I? I'm not running for president/vice-president so why does it matter what foreign policy experience I have?

I guess you're right about Palin and the Russia being her neighbor granting her automatic foreign policy experience. She could have lied about her foreign policy experience just like her and McInsane did about everything else. I truly wonder if she knows how dumb she came across to everyone with all her answers to Couric. I almost feel sorry for the woman, but not really.

Come on people, truly you all have to be joking about supporting McCain/Palin, right?. Palin would be a joke for veepee. Katie Couric would make a better veep over Plain one million times over.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #40
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
I feel sorry for all of you McBush supporters... not really

After these latest stunts that McBush has pulled this week, he's a loser for sure. Even some of Palin's own party are asking for her to step down after they saw her Couric interview.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links