Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whom do you intend to vote for President?
Sen. John Sidney McCain, III 17 33.33%
Sen. Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues John McCain on Native American Policy John McCain on Native American Policy

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #41
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-Saponi View Post
You sound a little like Palin asking me if I have ever dined with world leaders. Why would I? I'm not running for president/vice-president so why does it matter what foreign policy experience I have?

that's my point exactly... She's been govenor of Alaska so when has she had the reason to have had all this experience everyone seems to think she should have? She's been running as McCain's running mate for how long now? A month? If she knew a year ago she'd be running she'd still be scrambling to have breakfast with some foriegn leader somewhere ... and the public would still be critical of her.... give a chick a break. Ain't nothing as bad as Bush, Quail and Cheney have been.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #42
Junior Dancer

PA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant futurePA-Saponi has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
that's my point exactly... She's been govenor of Alaska so when has she had the reason to have had all this experience everyone seems to think she should have? She's been running as McCain's running mate for how long now? A month? If she knew a year ago she'd be running she'd still be scrambling to have breakfast with some foriegn leader somewhere ... and the public would still be critical of her.... give a chick a break. Ain't nothing as bad as Bush, Quail and Cheney have been.
Blackbear, do you hear what you just posted? That is the most asinine thing to say. This is a "chick" (your words) that could potentially be the leader of the free world. The same "chick" whose finger would be inches away from that "Red Button" that could destroy all existence as we know it. This same "chick" might think that "Red Button" to be the "EASY" button and press it to have paper clips delivered to the Oval Office. And I do not use the word "chick" as to downgrade a woman running for such a high office. I would have voted for Hillary if she had won the Democrat nomination.

Palin has not displayed in the least what qualifications she has to be president. And I say president because that would be her potential in case McCain could not satisfy his term in office. Why McCain would ask this "chick" to be his running mate who might one day be president truly undermines his campaign slogan "Country First". If he really cared about this country as much as he says then he would not have chosen this "chick" as his running mate. And if she really cared about this country she would not have accepted his offer knowing her nil (zero) foreign policy experience. Sorry, but having the ability to see Russia from your yard does not qualify as foreign policy experience. I don't think I have heard any other qualifications she might have, but I'll check it out and "Bring one to ya!"

Last edited by PA-Saponi; 09-29-2008 at 10:42 AM..
PA-Saponi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #43
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-Saponi View Post
Blackbear, do you hear what you just posted? That is the most asinine thing to say. This is a "chick" (your words) that could potentially be the leader of the free world. The same "chick" whose finger would be inches away from that "Red Button" that could destroy all existence as we know it. This same "chick" might think that "Red Button" to be the "EASY" button and press it to have paper clips delivered to the Oval Office. And I do not use the word "chick" as to downgrade a woman running for such a high office. I would have voted for Hillary if she had won the Democrat nomination.

Palin has not displayed in the least what qualifications she has to be president. And I say president because that would be her potential in case McCain could not satisfy his term in office. Why McCain would ask this "chick" to be his running mate who might one day be president truly undermines his campaign slogan "Country First". If he really cared about this country as much as he says then he would not have chosen this "chick" as his running mate. And if she really cared about this country she would not have accepted his offer knowing her nil (zero) foreign policy experience. Sorry, but having the ability to see Russia from your yard does not qualify as foreign policy experience. I don't think I have heard any other qualifications she might have, but I'll check it out and "Bring one to ya!"

Sorry you feel that way about a chick calling another woman a chick... ROFLMAO!! I'm not going out of my way to be PC and it bothers me not that it bothers you.

How you feel about Obama's running mate? Because hey, it's been 12 years and who's more likely to die during his term, Obama or a man who's 90 something year old mother who's faculties are in tact is still alive? As rampant as racism still is in this country a half black man with a very middle eastern sounding name is going to be a target.

So once again, whichever one you vote for, whichever one wins... the US is screwed........ it's almost pointless to even debate these guys.

Quit trying to convince me of the evils of Palin... I don't care. I'm not voting. I'm not lobbying for anyone either, just trying to say people need to get a grip, she's not the second coming of the antichrist for petes' sake.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #44
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Your Da Man Noodlz! Your Da Man!

[quote=Noodlz;1215338]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post

As for being or not being muslim... did'nt hear it was only a rumour... but who's to say he's not lying about that? There's only a few more weeks left... let's see what other dirt flies around LOL!
QUOTE]

Is check it out yourself. I don't like checkin' out what regular news or blogs have to say about these issues. They both paint bad pictures of the other. I like sources that throw out the doublespeak and just talk about the real facts.

FactCheck.org

Look under the FAQ
(sound like I work for them or something...lol....)

Personally I met McCain when he was running in 2000....if he had won the republican primary I would've voted for him then....but he's not that same man now. Not even close. His record over the last 8 years and the loss of judgment in the last few years especially scare the crap outta me. At the same time I've been following Obama since he came on the scene. His work and record is impressive and above all....he makes sense to me.

Def, supporting Obama in this case. For me....he's far above better than either McCain/Palin. I also have a lot of respect for Biden, who doesn't make anywhere near as much money as the rest of the senators and also tends to make sense.

Just my 2 coconuts.
Noodlz
I agree Bro! 100%
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #45
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
I thought this was an interesting article.

Talking Politics at Work
by Thad Peterson, Staff Writer
Monster.com - Career Advice
Talking Politics at Work from Monster Career Advice

In an election year, fodder for political debate is always abundant. As a result, discussions about the U.S. presence in Iraq, the offshoring of U.S. jobs, taxes, healthcare and other contentious issues can get heated.

If you're a political junkie or a fan of healthy debate, it can be tough to contain yourself in times like these. What better way to spend lunch at the office with coworkers than by hammering away at one another about one hot-button political issue after another, right? That may be the case for you, but plenty of workers think work and politics simply don't mix.

Let's Take a Vote

Of 26,000-plus Monster users who responded to a poll, 30% said that when it comes to talking politics with coworkers, the best policy is "don't ask, don't tell." While 46% said the best way to deal with political discussions at work is to "listen, but keep your opinions to yourself."

Your Patriotic Duty?

While most of the poll's respondents indicated a preference for keeping their views to themselves, 22% felt the best option was to "stand up and be heard" on political issues.

"There's nothing more American or patriotic than hearing and listening to an opposing opinion," says Sandra Spataro, an assistant professor of organizational behavior at Yale University's School of Management. Spataro says she's "in favor of making things more explicit, talking through things that are on people's minds in a natural, take-a-break kind of way so that they don't fester in people's minds and distract them from their work."

But Spataro concedes that talking politics on the job should be equal to the amount of current events chitchat that normally takes place in the particular work setting. "The amount of casual [political] conversation should be consistent with what that workplace has done traditionally," she says. "What you don't want to do is introduce 10 minutes for politics talk in banking when that has never happened before. It should be something that occurs naturally or doesn't happen at all."

Spataro notes that "more creative, more collaborative environments -- like high tech, advertising, media relations and research environments" are the types of industries where more open conversation about such matters tends to abound.

Warning to the Wise

The key to talking politics with colleagues is doing so without passing judgment or letting emotions carry you away. "As a manager, if I saw that there was an issue, I would remind people that there are standards of professionalism and common courtesy," advises Spataro. "What you don't want to do is introduce differences between employees that are going to bring in more conflict or negative sentiment."

"If you can engender a culture of exchange -- try to get rid of some of that judgment -– in the end, you're going to be healthier than suppressing conversation entirely," she adds. "What you want to get to is the point where there's going to be a healthy interchange."

Of course, it's prudent to always bear in mind that people may come to conclusions about you based on your political beliefs; the more you vocalize your political opinions, the more you leave yourself vulnerable to such judgments.

When it comes to discussing politics and its effect on your career, you may benefit from a nugget of advice from 30th U.S. President Calvin Coolidge: "No man ever listened himself out of a job."

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 AM   #46
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Boy is that TRUE!! My colleague at work is personally offended when I switched parties to vote in the primary race I was interested in. I wasn't going to tell her, but she was an election judge.

I made the mistake of telling my co-worker that I was voting for the 3rd party candidate and she spouts off now about ALL kinds of off-the-wall political stuff. I hope she'll tone it down when she'll notice that I'm not reponding.

If you want a heated discussion or an uncomfortable workplace, bring up politics, or religion.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #47
Ta' Shunke Witko

Pheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond repute
general george armstrong custer

fought for the grand ole party rep therfore i vote obama... dem...o yea historian...mccain visit any poor reservations? whos responsable for having too talk bailout any way..
MITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte
Pheji Wanbli is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 AM   #48
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
If you want a heated discussion or an uncomfortable workplace, bring up politics, or religion.
NO KIDDING... even here! Suddenly people who may or may not have liked you before are calling you a friggin idiot over who you or who they think you are voting for.... I hate election years....................... everyone's so intense
Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #49
OgamaWab

OgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant future
Credits: 390.00
Savings: 362.25
vote obama

vote obama, a lot of natives and native leaders will work along side him to help native issues in america. why vote for mccain, when he will give the rich big tax cuts and leave out the middle class and poor. think about it. As a native in america i live a hard life. i sure you, obama will help native americans.
OgamaWab10 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #50
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Presidential Candidate Tax Plan Comparison
The Tax Foundation - Candidates 2008

How Do the Presidential Candidates’ Tax Plans Affect Taxpayers’ Marginal Tax Rates?
The Tax Foundation - How Do the Presidential Candidates’ Tax Plans Affect Taxpayers’ Marginal Tax Rates?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #51
Pow Wow Visitor

BurnsWagons is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down John McCain labeled Indian Agent and Custer Incarnate by Dineh people

Historian needs to learn some history.

Some of us are old enough to remember McCain's history with indigenous people.

I'm surprised that everyone seems to have forgotten McCain's reputation in the four courners area.

All around the internet, people have been wondering why McCain chose Palin, but if you look at their attitutes towards Native sovereignty, you can see thay they are two peas in a pod. Both have no respect for our land rights and both want to give native land and resources to Big Energy corporations.

This email has been going around about John McCain’s treatment of Native Arizonans.

----------------- begin email ---------------

John McCain labeled "Indian Agent" and "worse than Custer" by Native Americans

(irrelevant stuff removed)

The Navajo (Dineh) are saying that, in support of special interest
groups, John McCain unlawfully created legislation that forcibly
removed and relocated 10,000 Navajo people to a nuclear waste site to
fund his presidential campaigns for The White House. Over 2,500 of
which have died as a result.

There are several YouTube vidz on McCain's genocidal policies towards
indigenous people in Arizona regarding the forced Relocation of
Navajo with PL 93-531.

McCain Land Deals Part 1
YouTube - McCain Land Deals, Part 1

McCain Land Deals Part 2
YouTube - McCain Land Deals, Part 2

John McCain: Indian Agent
Care2 - John McCain, Indian Agent

Here are some links to bring you up to speed on this issue:

McCain Custer Incarnate
John McCain - Custer Incarnate - RicTresa - Open Salon

John McCain vs the Dineh
"the People's Paths home page!" Articles - Sen. John McCain vs. the Dineh...

John McCain Genocide in America
Am I My Brother's Keeper?

The People's Paths: John McCain vs the Dineh
"the People's Paths home page!" Articles - Sen. John McCain vs. the Dineh...

New York Times on Radioactivity
- New York Times
res=9B0DE0DC133BF93 BA15756C0A961948 260

http://nativenet.uthscsa.edu/archive.../1997/0220.htm
l

Experts Criticize McCain’s Genocidal Policies
Letter to Mr. Amor from Thayer Scudder

The Return of White Brother
Top Story 5

Background on Big Mountain
BIG MOUNTAIN

Please educate yourself on how McCain's land deals forced Dineh
families around Big Mountain to live in abject poverty and spread the
word around.

On this web site

Dineh-Navaho victims of Senator McCainsponsored Human Rights Vioations.

they say McCain used a phony and unauthorized counsel of the Dineh,
to pass legislation know as the Navajo Resettlement and Navajo
Accommodation Agreement, which authorized the U S government to evict
and relocate 10,000 of it's people to Church's Hill, where the worst
nuclear waste site that ever happened in the United States occurred.

He passed this legislation to allow Peabody PWCC to do strip mining for coal
on their ancestral land to generate low cost electricity for Las
Vegas Casinos.

As a sweetheart deal to go with it, McCain's wife was awarded a
lucrative beverage sales deal with the casinos.

You know what to do.
Copy and distribute these links widely
Talk to people!

Also of interest:

Keating 5 documentary

Keating Economics | Watch the Video and Share It with Your Friends

The video that should sink John McCain's presidential dreams
YouTube - The video that should sink John McCain's presidential dreams

---------end of email --------------

The Obama campaign probably hasn’t used it because Clinton supported this type of forced removal also, just not as strenuously as McCain did.

This board has a lot of negative stuff about Palin disrespecting Alaskan Natives

Shameons Message Forum - A Bravenet.com Forum

There’s also a link to a law suit over the forced psychiatric drugging of Alaskan children.

In a nutshell, both Palin and McCain want to push Natives off their land so that Big Energy can grab their land and make big profits from the theft and exploitation of natural resources – native lifeways be dammed!

Every native should think about this and get educated on our issues before they cast their vote in few weeks.

Danny
BurnsWagons is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #52
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
But the plain fact is that CONGRESS has to create and pass any laws - for taxes or not - then the President can sign or not.

If the President comes up against a Congress dominated over the opposite party, not much of the President's plan is going to pass.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #53
Experienced

In the intrest of fairness, also consider the following...

Democrats Against Obama - NObama - Clinton Supporters Against Obama - Hillary or McCain

native_americans_against_obama : Native American's Against Obama

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

Don't Vote for Obama, The Most Complete Anti Obama website

Two Words Obama Didn't Say: Native Americans | Reznet News

NativeBiz®

Native Americans Against Obama « Logistics Monster

Digg - Native Americans Against Obama- The Looking Glass

Digg - Native Americans Against Obama- An Inside Job

Indianz.Com > News > Tim Giago: Sen. Barack Obama and the 'R-Word'

Home

Sugar N Spice: Native Americans Against Obama: The Economy

Native American’s Against Obama Weblog

News From Indian Country - McCain supports Native American issues

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-"Alive"

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-The DNC & The Trail

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- These Are The Faces

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-How Much

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- Words

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-Why?

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- The Buffalo War

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- First American Terrorist

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-How?

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-The Hype-Change

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-When?

YouTube - Native Anerican's Against Obama-Who?

YouTube - Native American's Against Obama-Where?"

YouTube - Native American's Against Obama

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-One Man- One Voice

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- No Where

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- Where Do We Go Now?

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- These Are The Faces

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-The DNC & The Trail

YouTube - Native American's Against Obama

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- The Children

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-People Get Ready

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-Wolves at the Door

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- Lies & War

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-One Man- One Voice

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- No Where

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- Where Do We Go Now?

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama-"Alive"

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- The New America

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- Keep The Change

YouTube - Native Americans Against Obama- An Inside Job

Old 10-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #54
Teen Dancer

Kaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant future
Credits: 4,123.81
Deleted

Last edited by Kaina1128; 11-14-2018 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Deleted
Kaina1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 AM   #55
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Wow, just give me a minute while I get over my shock from reading some of this...

Blackbear: Your statements are the most shocking, especially over the fake muslim issue. Anyone watching knows Obama is another bible thumper. Some in the states may be ready to vote for a black person, but only if they pray, talk & live like they do. But I gotta wonder what if he was muslim? Why would it matter to anyone who wasn't a bigot?

And as for the discussion from some of you about McCain's expierence with NDN's; Thats akin to the white soldier (I met once) who told me he had worked with my people. Surprised I asked where & he responded "at Oka" Not what I call working with! sure McCain hasn't shot up any of us (that we know) but I'm not sure I would say he understands us because he was the goverment guy incharge of looking after all the NDN's. The day any one from the right wing (in any country) cares about indigenous people is the day their hell will freeze over. Considering the state of NDN affairs on this continent, I think it's time to try out someone else
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #56
Honey Connoissuer

LOL I'm shocking!

Getting called a bigot by people who probably loved the white privalege article LOL!

Look .. I"m hardly a bigot and I do have my reasons for being concerned about those of the muslim faith... but bigot is an incorrect word for that:

Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1660
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
— big·ot·ed \-gə-təd\ adjective
— big·ot·ed·ly adverb

Quote:
it is true that bigot was used by the French as a term of abuse for the Normans, but not in a religious sense. Later, however, the word, or very possibly a homonym, was used abusively in French for the Beguines, members of a Roman Catholic lay sisterhood. From the 15th century on Old French bigot meant “an excessively devoted or hypocritical person.” Bigot is first recorded in English in 1598 with the sense “a superstitious hypocrite.”
And since I'm neither intolerant nor do I hate then you can call me "ill-informed" since I pointed out earlier that I had not read or heard that this information was untrue...

I do not have to live up to anyone's standards here of how they think I should believe or feel about either candidate and their running mates. I DON'T LIKE EITHER OF THEM.

And If I saw myself as an American, I would also say it's my constitutional right to like or dislike whoever for whatever reason I choose whether you or anyone else felt it was good enough or informed enough.

So take the shocked look off the face and remove the yardstick from my knuckles please.

Last edited by Blackbear; 10-20-2008 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: needed to add more to my reply
Blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #57
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
I think McCain does understand issues of sovereignty, but that may not be a good thing. He may be knowledgeable enough to know how to manipulate it and how to get around it like all good politicians do. Obama is an unwritten book yet about Native issues, so it will be interesting to see what happens if he is elected.

I posted this in another thread, that I used to show a powerpoint presentation created by a news station in AZ about the severe health issues that some Dine people are having whose homes are close to the uranimum mining and stip mining in places in AZ. I believe, after going back and reviewing that powerpoint, that those locations are within McCain's area. The powerpoint is very disturbing, and more so because everyone is trying to ignore it and sweep it under the rug.

BTW, the majority of my tribal council has endorsed Obama, and I have no major problems with the leadership in my tribe.

BTW, I am no a huge fan of sovereignty at this point in my life...I am witness to some atrocities committed by some tribal courts when dealing with child welfare that is sickening...and they can get away with it because of their sovereign status. Just sick what people will do in name of sovereignty...to the point of endangering children.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #58
Pow Wow Visitor

JayFive is a jewel in the rough
I'm voting for Obama.

Someone posted links earlier that were against Obama. Well, the first one I clicked on was only about how Obama didn't mention Indians in his speech when he went to Wisconsin..Wtf that's not a good reason to be against Obama lol.

I don't keep up on as much as most people but.. has McCain visited a crowd of Indians on his campaign like Obama has? I'm almost sure that doing that was probably more hurtful to his campaign than it helped him, considering that Indians are between 1-2% of the population. That probably only found the attention of a small percent of that small percent. It was probably known to more non-indians than Indians that he visited the crow agency.

I read in The Circle Newspaper that Palin believes that the Alaskan natives have no right to act as sovereigns...

To be honest, any act towards helping natives or even speaking of them is very dangerous to any presidential nominee. Just saying the word Native Americans while at a speech can be harmful. Considering we make up between 1-2% of the population and that only a small percent of that percent is actually keeping up with the politics of it all....

I could never Imagine McCain doing what Obama did at the Crow Agency.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #59
Pow Wow Visitor

lenaweesilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember

McCain-Palin, Obama-Biden, does is really matter? We are all related or have we forgotten? We are the Keepers of the Red Road, Keepers of the Flame, Keepers of the Old Ways. If we don't remember, who will? Darkness comes with forgetting. These younger brothers and sisters of ours haven't been around long enough to remember what is really important. The Great Web is being broken, not by these younger ones, but by those who have forgotten the old ways. Let the white children bicker among themselves as to who will be "the boss". We must turn away from such trivial things and look to saving Mother Earth or there will be nothing left for any one to boss around. I feel the cold wind from the north blow and see the darkness that comes with it. Beware of being caught up with the children's mess. In the end each of us must bow before the Great One and answer for our actions or non-actions.
lenaweesilver is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #60
Pow Wow Visitor

JayFive is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaweesilver View Post
McCain-Palin, Obama-Biden, does is really matter? We are all related or have we forgotten? We are the Keepers of the Red Road, Keepers of the Flame, Keepers of the Old Ways. If we don't remember, who will? Darkness comes with forgetting. These younger brothers and sisters of ours haven't been around long enough to remember what is really important. The Great Web is being broken, not by these younger ones, but by those who have forgotten the old ways. Let the white children bicker among themselves as to who will be "the boss". We must turn away from such trivial things and look to saving Mother Earth or there will be nothing left for any one to boss around. I feel the cold wind from the north blow and see the darkness that comes with it. Beware of being caught up with the children's mess. In the end each of us must bow before the Great One and answer for our actions or non-actions.
I think it does matter to an extent. Right now it matters, in the end it will not because things happen for a reason. I can understand what you mean but I think some things do matter. I don't like the idea of voting nor do I like the system we live under. This will probably be the only time in my life I'm going to vote because of the symbolism of this election.

So called trivial things such as this election can impact our ability to be protectors of this land. Being a guardian requires that you take steps in order to do that, and I believe deep inside myself that the symbolism of a black man being placed on top of this messed up system we live under will be a step in a better direction. Not only a black man, but a presidential nominee who is possibly the only one or one of few nominees who has ever done anything like his visit to the crow agency. That video was what cemented my decision to vote.