Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whom do you intend to vote for President?
Sen. John Sidney McCain, III 17 33.33%
Sen. Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues John McCain on Native American Policy John McCain on Native American Policy

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #61
Experienced

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
Savings: 0.00
What do you think about this article, written by a Democrat?

I agree with the author of the article, that newspapers and television news networks in general, are more concerned with making money, selling newspapers or by boosting ratings, than they are in reporting fair, balanced, unbiased truth.

Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?
by Orson Scott Card
The Rhinoceros Times, Greensboro, NC - 9 October 2008
Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?

{Editor's note: Orson Scott Card is a Democrat and a newspaper columnist, and in this opinion piece he takes on both while lamenting the current state of journalism.}

An open letter to the local daily paper -- almost every local daily paper in America:

I remember reading All the President's Men and thinking: That's journalism. You do what it takes to get the truth and you lay it before the public, because the public has a right to know.

This housing crisis didn't come out of nowhere. It was not a vague emanation of the evil Bush administration.

It was a direct result of the political decision, back in the late 1990s, to loosen the rules of lending so that home loans would be more accessible to poor people. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were authorized to approve risky loans.

What is a risky loan? It's a loan that the recipient is likely not to be able to repay.

The goal of this rule change was to help the poor -- which especially would help members of minority groups. But how does it help these people to give them a loan that they can't repay? They get into a house, yes, but when they can't make the payments, they lose the house -- along with their credit rating.

They end up worse off than before.

This was completely foreseeable and in fact many people did foresee it. One political party, in Congress and in the executive branch, tried repeatedly to tighten up the rules. The other party blocked every such attempt and tried to loosen them.

Furthermore, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were making political contributions to the very members of Congress who were allowing them to make irresponsible loans. (Though why quasi-federal agencies were allowed to do so baffles me. It's as if the Pentagon were allowed to contribute to the political campaigns of congressmen who support increasing their budget.)

Isn't there a story here? Doesn't journalism require that you who produce our daily paper tell the truth about who brought us to a position where the only way to keep confidence in our economy was a $700 billion bailout? Aren't you supposed to follow the money and see which politicians were benefiting personally from the deregulation of mortgage lending?

I have no doubt that if these facts had pointed to the Republican Party or to John McCain as the guilty parties, you would be treating it as a vast scandal. "Housing-gate," no doubt. Or "Fannie-gate."

Instead, it was Sen. Christopher Dodd and Congressman Barney Frank, both Democrats, who denied that there were any problems, who refused Bush administration requests to set up a regulatory agency to watch over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and who were still pushing for these agencies to go even further in promoting subprime mortgage loans almost up to the minute they failed.

As Thomas Sowell points out in a TownHall.com essay entitled "Do Facts Matter?" ( Thomas Sowell : Do Facts Matter? - Townhall.com ): "Alan Greenspan warned them four years ago. So did the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers to the President. So did Bush's Secretary of the Treasury."

These are facts. This financial crisis was completely preventable. The party that blocked any attempt to prevent it was ... the Democratic Party. The party that tried to prevent it was ... the Republican Party.

Yet when Nancy Pelosi accused the Bush administration and Republican deregulation of causing the crisis, you in the press did not hold her to account for her lie. Instead, you criticized Republicans who took offense at this lie and refused to vote for the bailout!

What? It's not the liar, but the victims of the lie who are to blame?

Now let's follow the money ... right to the presidential candidate who is the number two recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae.

And after Fred Raines, the CEO of Fannie Mae who made $90 million while running it into the ground, was fired for his incompetence, one presidential candidate's campaign actually consulted him for advice on housing.

If that presidential candidate had been John McCain, you would have called it a major scandal and we would be getting stories in your paper every day about how incompetent and corrupt he was.

But instead, that candidate was Barack Obama, and so you have buried this story, and when the McCain campaign dared to call Raines an "adviser" to the Obama campaign -- because that campaign had sought his advice -- you actually let Obama's people get away with accusing McCain of lying, merely because Raines wasn't listed as an official adviser to the Obama campaign.

You would never tolerate such weasely nit-picking from a Republican.

If you who produce our local daily paper actually had any principles, you would be pounding this story, because the prosperity of all Americans was put at risk by the foolish, short-sighted, politically selfish and possibly corrupt actions of leading Democrats, including Obama.

If you who produce our local daily paper had any personal honor, you would find it unbearable to let the American people believe that somehow Republicans were to blame for this crisis.

There are precedents. Even though President Bush and his administration never said that Iraq sponsored or was linked to 9/11, you could not stand the fact that Americans had that misapprehension -- so you pounded us with the fact that there was no such link. (Along the way, you created the false impression that Bush had lied to them and said that there was a connection.)

If you had any principles, then surely right now, when the American people are set to blame President Bush and John McCain for a crisis they tried to prevent, and are actually shifting to approve of Barack Obama because of a crisis he helped cause, you would be laboring at least as hard to correct that false impression.

Your job, as journalists, is to tell the truth. That's what you claim you do, when you accept people's money to buy or subscribe to your paper.

But right now, you are consenting to or actively promoting a big fat lie -- that the housing crisis should somehow be blamed on Bush, McCain and the Republicans. You have trained the American people to blame everything bad -- even bad weather -- on Bush, and they are responding as you have taught them to.

If you had any personal honor, each reporter and editor would be insisting on telling the truth -- even if it hurts the election chances of your favorite candidate.

Because that's what honorable people do. Honest people tell the truth even when they don't like the probable consequences. That's what honesty means. That's how trust is earned.

Barack Obama is just another politician, and not a very wise one. He has revealed his ignorance and naivete time after time -- and you have swept it under the rug, treated it as nothing.

Meanwhile, you have participated in the borking of Sarah Palin, reporting savage attacks on her for the pregnancy of her unmarried daughter -- while you ignored the story of John Edwards' own adultery for many months.

So I ask you now: Do you have any standards at all? Do you even know what honesty means?

Is getting people to vote for Barack Obama so important that you will throw away everything that journalism is supposed to stand for?

You might want to remember the way the National Organization of Women (N.O.W.) threw away their integrity by supporting Bill Clinton despite his well-known pattern of sexual exploitation of powerless women. Who listens to N.O.W. anymore? We know they stand for nothing; they have no principles.

That's where you are right now.

It's not too late. You know that if the situation were reversed, and the truth would damage McCain and help Obama, you would be moving heaven and earth to get the true story out there.

If you want to redeem your honor, you will swallow hard and make a list of all the stories you would print if it were McCain who had been getting money from Fannie Mae, McCain whose campaign had consulted with its discredited former CEO, McCain who had voted against tightening its lending practices.

Then you will print them, even though every one of those true stories will point the finger of blame at the reckless Democratic Party, which put our nation's prosperity at risk so they could feel good about helping the poor, and lay a fair share of the blame at Obama's door.

You will also tell the truth about John McCain: that he tried, as a senator, to do what it took to prevent this crisis. You will tell the truth about President Bush: that his administration tried more than once to get Congress to regulate lending in a responsible way.

This was a Congress-caused crisis, beginning during the Clinton administration, with Democrats leading the way into the crisis and blocking every effort to get out of it in a timely fashion.

If you at our local daily newspaper continue to let Americans believe -- and vote as if -- President Bush and the Republicans caused the crisis, then you are joining in that lie.

If you do not tell the truth about the Democrats -- including Barack Obama -- and do so with the same energy you would use if the miscreants were Republicans -- then you are not journalists by any standard.

You're just the public relations machine of the Democratic Party, and it's time you were all fired and real journalists brought in, so that we can actually have a daily newspaper in our city.

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #62
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Notes from Indian Country
Written by Tim Giago (Nanwica Kciji)
(Tim Giago, an Oglala Lakota, was born, raised and educated on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. He was the founder and first president of the Native American Journalists Association and the founder and publisher of Indian Country Today, the Lakota Times, and the Dakota/Lakota Journal. He was a Nieman Fellow at Harvard in the Class of 1991. He can be reached at [email protected])

Voting for deeds over promises
by Tim Giago
Native American Times - 25 October 2008
Native American Times - Tim Giago: Voting for deeds over promises

It took a lot of pushing, name calling and personal attacks to finally force me from Barack Obama's bandwagon. That's right. I will not be casting my vote for Obama and if you believe today's polls, my vote doesn't matter.

But it matters to me, win or lose.

A few weeks back I wrote a column that said I was "undecided." Many of Obama's supporters took this to mean that I would be voting for Senator John McCain. I did another column asking, "What is it that liberals do not understand about the word "undecided?"

That opened up the floodgates. Some of the kinder words aimed at me were stupid *******, ignorant S.O.B., not a real Indian, in the back pocket of the Republicans, and then the comments degenerated into words beginning with the letter "F".

I was taught that liberals are the ones with the open hearts and minds. Wrong! "You're either for Obama or you're not worth my spit," is what I hear from liberals today.

I listened to the supporters of Obama and read his plans for Indian country, but I was not impressed. His platform is a platform of promises. In my more than 30 years in the field of Indian media I have heard hundreds of politicians stand at the podium and say "Here is what I intend to do for you." After reading the record of John McCain I settled on his record. He was able to say, "Here is what I have already done for you."

Going to do or have done? If some of the tribal leaders out there would take off their blinders they would recall politicians that said "I promise" and have met few that could proudly say, "This I have done." One spews another long list of promises, the other presents a long list of accomplishments. Accomplishments or more promises: Which is best for Indian country?

Senator McCain fought for and sponsored the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act. Since it became law NAGPRA has returned the remains of hundreds of Indians to their homelands for proper burial. The law has also protected Indian gravesites from demolition until the remains could be safely removed.

McCain has attempted to stop the federal recognition of Indian tribes by preventing them from going through the back door to gain recognition. He strongly opposes federal lawmakers from bypassing the Bureau of Indian Affairs and granting recognition to Indian tribes without fully exploring and investigating their claims of legitimacy.

Why did so many presidents of Indian colleges jump into the tank for Obama when it was McCain who has been their strongest supporter in Congress? McCain sponsored the legislation to reauthorize tribal colleges and he cast his vote in favor of the Native American Languages Act.

There is only one Native American serving as a federal judge in this Nation. She serves the District of Arizona and her name is Diane J. Humetewa, Hopi. She was appointed by Senator John McCain of Arizona.

When a Nation is in financial turmoil as America is today the people that fall to the bottom of the list of promises are Native Americans. Remember the adage, "Out of sight, out of mind?"

Former Republican Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell, Northern Cheyenne, threw his support behind McCain and since then has been severely lambasted by the Indian media. McCain also has the support of Republican Representative Tom Cole, Chickasaw, of Oklahoma. Cole has also taken his lumps from Indians he once considered his friends.

For those Indians who believe that Sen. Obama will somehow be more magnanimous to Indians simply because he is a minority, consider this: Many thousands of Indians were relocated from their reservations to cities like Dallas, Cleveland, Oakland and Los Angeles 50 years ago and they were moved into Black communities headed by Black community organizers. When the loaves of bread were handed out whom do you think ended up with the crumbs? Don't take my word for it. Ask someone who has been on relocation. Ask the Indians in Chicago, Obama's home territory, about what he didn't do for them. I did.

In the end it all amounts to what one man has done and what the other has promised. Done deeds or more promises? How many times in the past have I heard tribal leaders complain about broken promises. In the 1970s when Elijah Whirlwind Horse was President of the Oglala Sioux Tribe I served as his Director of Public Relations. He said something that has always stuck with me. He said, "You can't take promises to the grocery store."

So at the risk of alienating family members, longtime friends and Democratic politicians, I will cast my vote for the man that "has done," rather than the one who says, "I promise."

Old 10-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #63
Teen Dancer

Kaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant future
Credits: 4,123.81
Savings: 1.00
Here's what I trust: not articles, but stories. Stories of the grandmas and grandpas in this film on a policy first pushed by Sen McCain.

Will you ignore their stories? Will it make you feel better to vote for economic policy or war strategies than Native rights? If so, vote McCain and love what the Republican Party stands for. Then thank yourself for when they drill all of the "untapped oil reserves" from Indian land, mine radioactive materials that make our people sick, and dig up coal for "cleaner" alternatives to fuel. This is one of the most important choices we will ever make as Americans. Don't ignore these stories when you vote.

Kaina1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #64
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Thanks Historian........those are some of the same things I've experienced here on this forum.....Just because I support someone other than the popular Black man, I get trounced on...ah well, that is why I served my country to uphold their freedoms...to spit on me and to call me names.....I don't care.....it's my vote, my choice....Semper Fidelis!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #65
Teen Dancer

Kaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant future
Credits: 4,123.81
Deleted

Last edited by Kaina1128; 11-14-2018 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Deleted
Kaina1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #66
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
Thanks Historian........those are some of the same things I've experienced here on this forum.....Just because I support someone other than the popular Black man, I get trounced on...ah well, that is why I served my country to uphold their freedoms...to spit on me and to call me names.....I don't care.....it's my vote, my choice....Semper Fidelis!!!
50cal,
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your fellow Marines for your "Always Faithful" and dedicated service. It means a lot to me!

HU-RAH!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #67
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
Quote:

Lol...I remember you getting trounced on when you supported Bush in the last election....and BTW, Bush is NOT black....hope you feel like you got your bang for your buck with that vote....LOL!!!!!!

WHOMEVER people decide to vote for, they just need to vote their conscience!!! And my biggest hope is that people will vote on the issues that matter to them, and NOT base their vote on the hate-mongering going on on both sides...and puh-leeze don't let any thought of someone like Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly influence your vote....that would be a true tragedy no matter who you vote for.

This election is getting to be like a bad car accident to me....you don't want to look at it but can't help but rubberneck as you drive by...I'm sick of it and don't want to hear anymore, but here I am....reading more stuff that just makes me want to throw up.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #68
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Supported Bush in the last election?????......I didn't get onto powwows till after 04......hmmmm.....me thinks you're trying to instigate......LMAO!!!......talk about screwing up your facts.....and as a matter of fact I did get my "bang for my buck"....Thank You....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #69
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Supported Bush in the last election?????......I didn't get onto powwows till after 04......hmmmm.....me thinks you're trying to instigate......LMAO!!!......talk about screwing up your facts.....and as a matter of fact I did get my "bang for my buck"....Thank You....

Okay, you're join date on your avatar that I'm looking right at says Feb 2004. And..........I found this little gem of yours from a thread back in 2004 regarding the powwows.comer's depression over the results of the last election. Thread was called "Is everyone just too upset to post or what?"

"Ennit so true??? I voted and I really don't give a damn what others think of me. SOS, don't take none of this shyt personal, everyone here talks the talk but so far I have not seen anyone step up to the plate. So don't worry about it. Badmaninc made some good points, you all are so busy fighting each other that you don't see yourselves falling apart. What happened to unity and all this happy a$$ bullshyt I been hearing all this time? Same as usual, people just talk it but don't act on it. It's just about looking out for yourselves and where your interests lie. All I got to say is if the shoe fits wear it."

I have no need to instigate when others do it so wonderfully well. I just wanted you to know I don't screw up my facts and my sole purpose of bringing this to your attention is not to bug you. I suppose I could, and I could be very good at it, but I don't.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #70
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
I just dont' get all the ugliness and name calling over who you are gonna vote for, especially for the main reasons Tim gave.... promises and more promises, never kept. It's still no reason to be calling each other names or telling people they are unintelligent just because they don't agree. Remember.. all the candidates suck.... but I don't call anyone here stupid for voting for any of them, cause you are all making your own (educated?) decisions on why you want whoever. And keep in mind what Wyo said because it's true and it's a fact everyone else has failed to mention... that the president cannot harm or help us without an act of congress.

Man I cannot wait for this crap to be over.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #71
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Thumbs up I voted today

Everyone needs to vote and if you're not gonna vote then don't bytch, whine or complain about whoever is Pres. You have a chance right now to make your opinion count and if you fail to do it then that's on you.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #72
is lost in reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnMSW View Post
Okay, you're join date on your avatar that I'm looking right at says Feb 2004. And..........I found this little gem of yours from a thread back in 2004 regarding the powwows.comer's depression over the results of the last election. Thread was called "Is everyone just too upset to post or what?"

"Ennit so true??? I voted and I really don't give a damn what others think of me. SOS, don't take none of this shyt personal, everyone here talks the talk but so far I have not seen anyone step up to the plate. So don't worry about it. Badmaninc made some good points, you all are so busy fighting each other that you don't see yourselves falling apart. What happened to unity and all this happy a$$ bullshyt I been hearing all this time? Same as usual, people just talk it but don't act on it. It's just about looking out for yourselves and where your interests lie. All I got to say is if the shoe fits wear it."

I have no need to instigate when others do it so wonderfully well. I just wanted you to know I don't screw up my facts and my sole purpose of bringing this to your attention is not to bug you. I suppose I could, and I could be very good at it, but I don't.
Your post screams out hypocrisy.....LOL!!!.....did I get under your skin to where you want to go back 4 years to find something I posted???.....LOL!!!...Unbelieveable......welcome to the political world baby.....LOL!!!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #73
Teen Dancer

Actually, I just have this tremendous memory that retains all sorts of information...I can't seem to weed out the useless and irrelevant, its all in there in deep storage. I do remember you as an avid Bush supporter, and since you are so vocal about it on this forum, AS FREE SPEECH IS YOUR RIGHT (capitalized, so no one misses that important point), you kinda stick out in people's minds. You have to expect that, it comes with the territory of speaking your mind, especially if its an unpopular opinion, no matter what type of forum it is. I hope you continue speaking your mind cuz even if I don't agree with you, you make it interesting.

And don't you know you can't accuse someone of screwing up their facts and not expect that they're gonna show that they have their bases covered and info correct? That's all there was to bringing up a post from 4 years ago....you said I screwed up my facts and that you weren't on here then....and there you are. No reason to get all riled at me cuz I remember better than you.

You are a good soldier....I'll give you that. Poor memory, but a good soldier.

But other than that, I'm encouraging people to vote their conscience....I see no hypocrisy in that. This isn't a cut a dried choice like I saw the last election....Kerry vs Bush should have been a no-brainer in my opinion. This is a tougher decision....like what has been stated, McCain has actual experience with Native issues....whether that has been positive or negative is up to the individual to decide.

I've only posted what my thoughts are on this election....I'm not even asking my husband who he is voting for because what we look for in these candidates are different, even though we are both educated Natives. I felt like with the last election I just knew in my heart what was going to happen to this country if Bush was re-elected...and alot of that has come to pass. But I don't have any of that certainty in this election....so its a huge, "Let's VOTE and see what happens."
Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #74
is lost in reality...

like I said you got your facts screwed up.....don't call me a soldier......I'm a Marine, since we're so good at capitalization....MARINE.......LOL!!!!.....yeah, I'll continue speaking my mind, no problem with that unless your like the other person on this same forum who wants to call me a baby killing war monger.......then we got problems....but other than you're entitled......I do agree with you on one thing, lets vote and see what happens....and I do still support my commander in chief........and if you remember, I said something else on that thread...VIVA LA BUSH!!!!......LMAO!!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #75
Teen Dancer

Quote:
.....don't call me a soldier......I'm a Marine, since we're so good at capitalization....MARINE.......LOL!!!!.....
Can I call you a JARHEAD?

I'm not all current with my military terminology. My dad was in the Navy so that's all I know.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #76
is lost in reality...

Are you a Marine???.......if not then No......

Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 AM   #77
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakeeya View Post
Everyone needs to vote and if you're not gonna vote then don't bytch, whine or complain about whoever is Pres. .
Why not???? Have you taken a good long look at the choices we are given to vote for????? And that joke of a presidential election last go around... looking back I'm not sure Kerry would have been any better than the monkey sitting in the chair now.

If they wanted a good candidate, who was a minority from IL why did'nt they just go with Carol Mosely Braun again??? She rain briefly in 2004, has a great track record and is not only a woman but black as well... lots of experience.... but they give us Obama and McCain and that flake from the independant party.

So why can't I B/W or C when even though I'm not going to vote, I'm still not going to like who won anyhow? ROFLMAO!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #78
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post

Man I cannot wait for this crap to be over.
AMEN!!

Interesting articles, but this whole presidential race is getting out of hand.

I'm going to go vote early on the IMPORTANT elections: local school board, county commish, and state representative - incumbent W. Patrick Goggles, N. Arapaho is up for reelection.

And then I'm not watching or listening or surfing any news until Wed.

I'm afraid that's when the real whining, etc... will begin.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #79
Pow Wow Visitor

BurnsWagons is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
All the incoherent "Natives Against Obama" videos appear to put out by one person.

This just came out on Native Tube today -
It explains why voting isn't a trivial matter and we can't let the trickster make us think that our vote isn't important or that one vote won't matter.

So get out the electrical tape and the bailiin wiare and get those NDN Karz runnin tomorrow!

Native Tube:

Watch Video at Native American Tube

Description:

"This video documents the conflict between indigenous nations and John McCain and Sarah Palin's strong allegiance to Big Oil, Big Coal and Big Nukes. We're hoping to combat all the disinformation that the McCain camp has put out in Indian country about his twenty year history of doing the dirty work for corporate power. For documentation of the claims we make in our movie, please see our blog - Dineh Dawgz

Enviromental Racism - Dineh Fight Back

Please stand in solidarity with indigenous elders and vote on November 4, 2008 for the 7th generations. Think of the lives of your great-grandchildren's great-grandchildren.

We also urge everyone who supports indigenous sovereignty to pray that America doesn't repeat the genocide of the gold rush for the uranium rush.

Anyone is welcome to download and share our movie."

This is a YouTube movie,

YouTube - McCain - Palin Energy Policy : Environmental Racism

created by an indigenous environmental activist group trying to combat the disinformation that the McCain - Palin campaign has put out about their true attitude toward Native American people and indigenous human rights.

Numerous indigenous political and spiritual leaders have spoken out against both John McCain's and Sarah Palin's disdain for indigenous sovereignty and allegiance with Big Oil, Big Coal and Big Nukes.
This video comments on the McCain - Palin hidden agenda to enrich giant energy corporations by supporting the "Uranium rush".

Throughout their political careers, Senator McCain and Governor Palin have advocated policies that are destructive to the life ways of the indigenous people they are supposed to represent. John McCain proposes that 45-100 new nuclear power plants be built in this country. What Native America must take notice of before voting tomorrow is that the most likely place for the waste to be dumped is on tribal lands.

Dineh Dawgz wants all people of conscience to realize on November 4, 2008 that these tribal lands where this waste will be dumped will be dead for thousands of years and pollute water systems downstream, harming plants, animals and all human beings on Turtle Island. This insane and unsustainable policy does not take into account the welfare of future generations as our indigenous values compel us to do.

The McCain - Palin push to pursue George W. Bush's nuclear agenda can only lead to environmental and cultural destruction.

For more detailed information than we can present in this video, please go to their blog
http://enviro-racism.blogspot.com/"

Danny
BurnsWagons is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #80
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Talking MaRiNe!

Quote:
Are you a Marine???.......if not then No......
Hey JARHEAD! SHAT UP! Smile.....You know i'm giving you chit bro just giving you chit! SHAT UP!
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links