Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues List of Fraudulent Cherokee/Chickamuaga's List of Fraudulent Cherokee/Chickamuaga's

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #21
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Alaska
1. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Big Lake <-- this is supposed to be in Georgia
2. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Kenai
Arizona <--- Never heard of Kenai Arizona but it says ARIZONA not Alaska
1. Cherokee Family Ties, Mesa <--- This is also ARIZONA
Old 12-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #22
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
just a note, posted this is another thread thought it would fit here lol

This is one of the cancers that is eroding the American Indian. I use the groups I have around me as an example of how a group can become seen as "real" American Indians, looked to for wisdom. These groups distort what American Indians really are, and when they can they grab ahold of fundings earmarked for real American Indian tribes. The more of these groups allowed to exist, the less funding is around for the real tribes. The more watered down we become in the countries eyes , the less folks will be behind us in keeping our cultures alive. These fake Cherokee's are but an example of what is happening all over the U.S.
I could also point out we have a plastic shaman we fight against here who claims to be a Lakota medicine woman, I guess we shouldn't worry about her either, or maybe the fake Navajo spiritual leader we are currently fighting against here. This is not simply a Cherokee issue but an issue on our traditions and cultures that are being abused in the name of the almighty dollar.
There are many ways our traditions and cultures are being attacked. From these phony tribes to the Racial Insensitivity of Mascots. If you really don't see these things as attacks against American Indians as a whole , then maybe you need to stick your head back in the hole you pulled it out of.
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
Alaska
1. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Big Lake <-- this is supposed to be in Georgia
Arizona <--- Never heard of Kenai Arizona but it says ARIZONA not Alaska
1. Cherokee Family Ties, Mesa <--- This is also ARIZONA

see now with that information, email John Cornsilk and add/minus a groups

that Helps!! :)

John's Place
Old 12-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
All this talk about these various groups brought an old heavy metal song to mind. So with great apologies to Bon Jovi...

To the tune of "You Give Love a Bad Name":

You claim you're an elder, a shaman, or chief.
You promise them membership, then give us grief.
You offer them sweats or an Indian name.
But you've got no bloodline to back up your claim.

Oh, you're a fantasy.
Oh, got no history.
Say what you will,
But I know what I see.

Chorus:
This isn't a tribe,
It's an Inc.
You can't sell a culture or identity.
You might fool some,
But you don't fool me.
You're just a friggin' wannabe!

The truth that I've learned can't be bought with a price.
Passed down by my fathers who paid with their lives.
Traditions unshaken with passage of time.
Not "Instant Indian" for $9.99.

Oh, got you on the run.
Oh, hunted down one by one.
We're not going to stop
'Til the battle is won.

Chorus:
So, put down your drum.
Remove your headdress, please.
Your dimestore feathers and jewelry.
Leave native ways to native folks like me.
We've got authentic genealogy.
LMAO wannabe theme song :) I like that LOL
Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #25
Pow Wow Visitor

auntiebeb is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
I have to agree with Josiah, many make up stuff so that it sounds good. I have heard too many people telling me that their "Grandmother's" were full blood and hid out. I was told one this past summer that blew my mind. A woman told me that her family had hidden in a cave for generations and that her father was "Full Blood" Cherokee and that there were no documents on their family until her. She went on to say that the state had given her family that land as "Indian" land since they had lived their for so many generations. Then she proceeded to tell me that it was in her dad's "Will" that the land was not allowed to be sold outside of the family.

Okay, I looked at her and about fell over.

First of all--how many families were actually living in this cave or did they intermarry siblings? We are talking (supposedly) several generations here.
If she was the first one born outside of this cave and with an actual birth cert. how is it that her dad knew about Wills? Let alone to make one up before he died?
Then, if they were Indian, she really spoke very good English and didn't speak Cherokee at all. And I could go on.
And if the land had been given to them by the state in that way--then there would be documentation as to who they were and where they came from right there.
Then the state that she was talking about, I happen to have some experience researching in that state and know when they started keeping documents and how, actually, good their record keeping really was. So, I let her know about some of this and she walked away.

But this is just one of the many many wild stories that people come up with to prove their point and then to say that there were no records just seems to prove their points (in their eyes anyway), since there is "NO" way to check up on it.
I have to say I agree with both of these guys. I married into the Hilderbrand family from N.C. and have been told not to try and trace the family tree. They have told me they are Indian, their family hid in the hills. They did not want anyone to know they were Indian later on and to this day the elders do not want to be known as Indian. I can get no story from them so I guess my child will never know her heritage, and that is sad.
auntiebeb is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #26
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiebeb View Post
I have to say I agree with both of these guys. I married into the Hilderbrand family from N.C. and have been told not to try and trace the family tree. They have told me they are Indian, their family hid in the hills. They did not want anyone to know they were Indian later on and to this day the elders do not want to be known as Indian. I can get no story from them so I guess my child will never know her heritage, and that is sad.
Actually, this is not Totally accurate. There is alot of info on the cherokee's from NC. The "Elders" may not want to be known that way and that is their right, if that is what they want. However there are records going way back and to traders. But you have to remember that many of these last names were of European descent and one of the relatives married and Indian woman and that's how the name came to be associated with the Cherokee people. I'm not trying to say that your child's line is or is not from the line that married into the Cherokee's, but I have personally seen so many times that someone links themselves to just a last name and doesn't try to look for a time frame or sibling's names and that. That is where a major problem lies.

I'll give you another example and use another tribe to try to explain this to you. A good friend of mine and I were talking about European names and the connection to Indian people one day. He is of the Yankton Tribe. He met a man who was "White" as "White" but spoke fluent Sioux and lived his life in a very traditional way, but this man did not believe that he was Indian at all and he wanted to know. So this man asked my friend to find out where his last name originated from. As soon as my friend told me the last name, I knew where it was from (from my own research for other's) and then they found out what had happened. Many times when a man or woman would marry an Indian, some of their family (totally European Descent) would come along with them. They would live with the people and learn and share their lives with them, although they themselves and their children were not Indian, but their relative was. This did not happen all the time or even every time, but it did happen enough that it has been noted. Just something to think about.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #27
Pow Wow Visitor

Thanks timmy tiger for all your input I do respect the elders and do not try to find or trace any of the family. I do wish I could have something for my daughter from her fathers families.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #28
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
see now with that information, email John Cornsilk and add/minus a groups

that Helps!! :)

John's Place
Don't know him but feel free to pass the information along. I told you before there were no cherokee groups in alaska.. and a simple google search to verify information was all it took for me to find out that for some odd reason someone listed these folks as alaska... the kenai I understand.. who would have guessed there was a kenai arizona, but there is and that's where that group is located.

Just when you jump on these people and groups.. make sure you have researched very well, and what you know can be backed by factual proof including someone's background or geneology because if not, it can come back to bite you in the azz for overlooking or misrepresenting information and then it becomes libel (I think that's the right word... I just woke up).
Old 12-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #29
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
just a note, posted this is another thread thought it would fit here lol

There are many ways our traditions and cultures are being attacked. From these phony tribes to the Racial Insensitivity of Mascots. If you really don't see these things as attacks against American Indians as a whole , then maybe you need to stick your head back in the hole you pulled it out of.
I know you're talking about my post on another thread and in no way did I say they should be ignored, but ultimately it should be the responsibility of the institutions that hire these frauds to find out who they are hireing. If it were any other racial group and some white looking person dressed in african, asian or middle eastern clothing showed up they'd ask for credentials... right? So why is it they can't check on the credentials of the "native american" performers that they hire?

And it should'nt be through just any talent agency either. There's one in TN that doe'snt ask for credentials for you to sign with them and I've seen known frauds signed up on it....

so ONE helpful way of going would to have the indian nations put together and compose a nationwide list of their own approved representatives, and if members of their nation want on it, all they have to do is tell them. This would cost very little and be one of the biggest resources available to weed out the wannabes and the plastic shamen, even the ones that are enrolled and selling misrepresented culture. You see what I'm saying?

A list of artists would be helpful too. Tribal stickers that say,"your tribal name heremade" with a nation seal or something like the alaskan natives have here with the silver hand. That way, no matter who buys it, or how many times it changes hand... someone will know that it's the authentic item and not something made by some malasian immigrant looking to make a buck privately doing native crafts and having a middle man sell them for them.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #30
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiebeb View Post
Thanks timmy tiger for all your input I do respect the elders and do not try to find or trace any of the family. I do wish I could have something for my daughter from her fathers families.

I understand what you are saying totally. My sons grandmother (on his father's side) was adopted and she never wanted to know who they were or anything about them, it hurt her. After she passed away, my son's father wanted to know where they came from and who her parents were. I spoke to his older brother and sister-in-law about it and his sister-in-law tried to tell me that the older brother wouldn't allow that to happen. I informed her that he had no say that it was up to any of the children who wanted to know that they have that right. A year ago his older brother contacted him with some info and is supposed to be sending it to him soon so that I can look it up just for the ones who want to know. My point to this is that for those who would like to know, should know and those who don't want to know should just be left alone about it. In other words, don't give up on finding your child's ancestor's, but you don't have to go to the "Elders" and disrespect them if they don't want to know. That's up to you. I am a firm believer that children should know who their ancestor's were (all of them not just one or two). That's just my opinion on this.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
I know you're talking about my post on another thread
where did you get that BB, no I didn't lol

must be a another person that feels the way you do, no help......People who support a free-for-all with respect to Indian identity might consider how they usher in the Trojan horse that seeks the destruction of all American Indian freedoms.

Last edited by kiowakat; 12-16-2007 at 07:11 PM..
Old 12-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Don't know him but feel free to pass the information along. I told you before there were no cherokee groups in alaska.. and a simple google search to verify information was all it took for me to find out that for some odd reason someone listed these folks as alaska... the kenai I understand.. who would have guessed there was a kenai arizona, but there is and that's where that group is located.

Just when you jump on these people and groups.. make sure you have researched very well, and what you know can be backed by factual proof including someone's background or geneology because if not, it can come back to bite you in the azz for overlooking or misrepresenting information and then it becomes libel (I think that's the right word... I just woke up).

I'll take it as you just woke up BB, dang lol......
Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #33
Pow Wow Visitor

Darkseid is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by john_cornsilk

Following that is the Nationwide list of wannabees they are in 29 states, with Geroria leading the list, the place where the Cherokee were driven from, , Fl next with 23, Then Mo 20,

The Short list of chickamuka :

White River band of the Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Waldzon California

Sac River and White River Bands of the Chickamauga Indian Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Fair Play, Letter 9/5/91

Echota Chickamauga Cherokee Tribe of New Jersey, Irvington

Northern Chickamauga Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Miami, Letter 9/5/91

Free Cherokee-Chickamauga, Chesne Tennessee

Chickamauga Circle of Free Cherokee, Chattanooga

Echota Cherokee Tribe

Elk Valley Band-Council of Chickamauga Cherokee, Estill

Free Cherokees, Chickamaugan Circle, Ooltewah

Tennessee River Band of Chickamauga Cherokee, Chickamauga Station

Free Cherokee Tennessee River Band of Chickamauga, Jasper

Texas Buffalo Bayou Band of Chickamaugan Cherokee, Southern Cherokee Nation

Alabama
1. Cherokee Nation of Alabama, Birmingham, Letter 2/16/99
2. Cherokees of Jackson County, Higdon
3. Cherokees of Northeast Alabama, Birmingham, State Recognized, Letter 9/23/81
4. Cherokees of Northeast Alabama, Collinsville
5. Cherokees of Southeast Alabama, Dothan, State Recognized, Letter, 5/27/88
6. Cherokees of Southeast Alabama, Hoover
7. Cherokee River Indian Community, Moulton, Letter 8/3/00
8. Cherokee Trust, Alexander City
9. Echota Cherokee Nation, Decatur, State Recognized
10. Echota Cherokee Tribe, Birmingham
11. Echota Cherokee of Alabama, Sylacauga
12. Echota Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, Maylene
13. Free Cherokees, Eagle Bear Clan, Hamilton
14. Langley Band of Cherokee Indians in the Southeastern United States, Letter
4/15/94, Petitioned 1/11/95
15. North Alabama Cherokees, Creek Path/Willtown District, Scottsboro
16. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Fox Clan, Huntsville
17. United Cherokee Intertribal, Guntersville
18. United Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, Daleville
19. United Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, Midland City

Alaska
1. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Big Lake
Arizona
1. Cherokee Family Ties, Mesa

Arkansas
1. Arkansas Band of Western Cherokees, Mountain Home, Letter 4/7/98
2. Arkansas River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
3. Buffalo River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
4. Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Green Forest
5. Free Cherokees, Helena
6. Free Cherokees, Arkansas Bear Tribe Band, Mountain Home
7. Free Cherokees, Dung Beetle Society, Portland
8. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Band, Hot Springs
9. Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri, Jonesboro, Letter 2/10/99
10. Neches Tribe-Cherokee Nation, Hot Springs
11. Northern Cherokee Nation, Fayetteville
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 16 of 26
12. Old Settler Cherokee Nation of Arkansas, Timbo, Letter 9/17/99
13. Ozark Mountain Cherokee Tribe of Arkansas and Missouri, Melbourne, Letter
10/19/99
14. Western Arkansas Cherokee Tribe, Midway
15. Western Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Paragould, Letter 5/1/98
16. White River Band of Northern Cherokee Indians, Fayetteville
17. White River band of the Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Waldzon

California
1. Ani-Yun-Wiya Society, Bakersfield
2. Cherokees of California, Inc. Marysville
3. Cherokee Seven Clans Council, Bakersfield
4. Free Cherokees, Sutter Creek
5. Running Water Cherokee Indians, Bakersfield
6. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Buffalo Clan
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Manzanita Band, Redding

Colorado
1. Echota Cherokee, Denver

Connecticut
1. Free Cherokees, Madison
2. Free Cherokees, Moon Band, Groton
3. Free Cherokees, Snake Band, Oakville

Florida
1. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokees, Bear Clan, DeFuniak Springs
2. E-Chota Cherokee Tribe of Florida, Sneads
3. E-Chota Cherokee Indian Tribe of Florida, DeFuniak Springs
4. Free Cherokees, National Veterans Band, DeLand
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 17 of 26
5. South Florida Cherokee Band, Bowling Green
6. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Orlando
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Jacksonville
8. Southeastern Cherokee, Confederacy, Sarasota
9. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Sebring
10. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Bear Clan, Orlando
11. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Beaver Clan, Ft. Walton Beach
12. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Blue Clan, Sebring
13. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Crow Band, Ocala
14. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Long Hair Band, Tallahassee
15. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Many Lakes Band, Wachula
16. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Pine Knot Clan, Tarpon
17. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Rattlesnake Band, Bradenton
18. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Turtle Clan, Jacksonville
19. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Wild Potato Clan, Gainesville
20. Southeastern Cherokee and Creek Tribe, Orange Springs
21. Southern Band of Cherokees, Deland
22. Tchlaki Croatan Nation, Pompano
23. Tuscola United Cherokee Tribe of Florida and Alabama, Geneva, Letter 1/19/79,

Georgia
1. American Cherokee Confederacy, Leesburg
2. American Cherokee Council, Ochloknee
3. Bird Clan of the Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Albany
4. Cane Break Band of Eastern Cherokees, Dahlonega, Letter 1/9/79, Withdrew
7/16/97
5. Chattahoochee Valley Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 18 of 26
6. Cherokees of Georgia, Hilliard
7. Cherokee of Georgia Tribal Council, Scottsdale, State Recognized
8. Cherokee Indians of Georgia, Columbus
9. Cherokee Indians of Georgia Inc., Albany, Letter 8/8/77, Petitioned 6/11/96
10. Chickamauga Cherokee Band of Northwest Georgia, Rossville
11. Dahlonega Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation, Dahlonega
12. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Quitman
13. Free Cherokees, Ball Ground
14. Free Cherokees, Marietta
15. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Band, Cummings
16. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Society, Mableton
17. Free Cherokees, Turtle Clan, Atlanta
18. Free Cherokees of Northwest Georgia, Rossville
19. Georgia Tribe of Eastern Cherokee, Dahlonega, State Recognized, Letter, 1/9/79,
Petitioned 2/5/80
20. Georgia Tribe of Eastern Cherokee, Inc., Dawsonville
21. Ossahatchee Creek Band, Etowah District, Southern Cherokee Nation
22. Pearl River Band, Etowah District, Southern Cherokee Nation
23. Southern Band of Cherokees and Creeks, Ellijay
24. Southeast Kituwah Nation, Wayatali Uku, Warner Robins
25. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Adel
26. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Lake Park
27. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Ocklocknee
28. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Sylvester
29. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Thomasville
30. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Valdosta
31. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Bird Clan, Waycross
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 19 of 26
32. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Dear Clan, Quitman
33. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Eagle Clan, Albany
34. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Fire Clan, Macon
35. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Holly Clan, Dearing
36. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Inc., Leesburg, Petitioned 3/9/78, Rejected
11/25/85
37. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Lower Etowah Clan, Rossville
38. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Panther Clan, Bainbridge
39. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Donaldson
40. Southeastern Cherokee Council, Inc., Ochloknee
41. Tugalo Cherokee Tribe, Canton
42. Uganawvkalvgv Kituwah Ayeli, Warner Robbins
43. United Cherokee Nation

Idaho
1. Wild Potato Clan of the Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Nampa

Indiana
1. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indiana
2. Midwest Cherokee Alliance
3. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Paint Clan, Rochester

Kansas
1. Neosho River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
Kentucky
1. Delilah Whitecloud United Cherokee Indian Tribe of Kentucky
2. Rainbow Cherokees, Frankfort
3. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Evarts
4. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Black Wolf and Warrior Society, Wallins
Creek

Louisiana
1. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Deer Clan, Farmersville
2. Four Winds Band of Cherokee, State Recognized
Maryland
1. Free Cherokees, Mechanicsville
2. Free Cherokee, Bird Clan, Chapitco
3. Free Cherokees, Wild Potato Band, Hollywood
Massachusetts
1. Free Cherokees, Eagle Council, Reading
2. Free Cherokees, Wild Potato Band, Feeding Hill

Michigan
1. Free Cherokees, National Veterans Band, Holt
Mississippi
1. Free Cherokees, Star Hawk Band, Jackson

Missouri
1. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Hannibal, Letter 2/17/95
2. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Deering
3. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Powhatan Clan, Sparta
4. Central Missouri Cherokee Tribe, Centralia
5. Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Rockport
6. Chickamauga Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Republic, State
Recognized
7. Cherokee Nation West, Southern Band of the Eastern Cherokee Indians of
Missouri and Arkansas, Seneca, Letter 5/11/98
8. Elk River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
9. Free Cherokees, Dogwood band, Ashland
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 21 of 26
10. Free Cherokees, Hummingbird Clan, Columbia
11. Missouri River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
12. Northern Cherokee Nation, Independence, State Recognized
13. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indians, Columbia, Letter 7/26/85
14. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indians of Missouri and Arkansas, Clinton
15. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Missouri, Columbia
16. Northern Cherokee Nation of Old Louisiana Territory, Columbia, Letter 2/19/92,
Petitioning for State Recognition
17. Ozark Mountain Cherokee Tribe of Arkansas and Missouri, Alton
18. Sac River and White River Bands of the Chickamauga Indian Nation of Arkansas
and Missouri, Fair Play, Letter 9/5/91
19. St. Francis River Band of Cherokee Indians
20. Wilderness Tribe of Missouri, Alton, Letter 8/16/99

Nebraska
1. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Coyote Band, Barnston
New Jersey
1. Echota Chickamauga Cherokee Tribe of New Jersey, Irvington
2. Free Cherokees, Osprey Band, Mays Landing

New York
1. Free Cherokees, North Hudson
2. Free Cherokees, Deer Council, Brooklyn
3. Free Cherokees, Many Walks Council, Stony Creek
4. Free Cherokees, Wolf Council, Scottsville
5. Mary Trail of Tears Long House, Brooklyn
6. Nuyagi Keetoowah, Inc., New York
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Mastic

North Carolina
1. Cherokee Indian Tribe of Robeson and Adjoining Counties, Red Springs, Letter
2/1/79, Ineligible 10/23/89
2. Cherokee Indians of Hoke City, Lumber Bridge, Letter 9/20/83, Ineligible
10/23/89
3. Cherokee-Powhatan Indian Association, Roxboro, Letter 9/7/84
4. Creek-Cherokee Indians, Pine Tree Clan, Cherokee
5. Free Cherokees, Chapel Hill
6. Ridge Band of Cherokees, Ridgecrest
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Cedar Grove
8. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Haw River
9. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Silver Cloud Clan, Cedar Grove

Ohio
1. Cherokee Delaware Indian Center, Coshocton
2. Cherokee United Intertribal Indian Council
3. Eastern Cherokee Nation, Overhill Band, Columbus
4. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Portsmouth
5. Free Cherokees, Hokshichanklya Band, Creola
6. Ohio Cherokees, West Portsmouth
7. Tallige Cherokee Nation, Fire Clan, Portsmouth, State Recognized

Oklahoma
1. Canadian River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
2. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indians, Weatherford
3. Northern Chickamauga Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Miami,
Letter 9/5/91
4. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Horse Clan
5. Southern Cherokee Nation, Webber’s Falls

Oregon
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 23 of 26
1. Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band of the Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy,
Talent, Petitioned 3/9/78, Rejected 11/25/85
2. Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Deer Clan, Bend
3. Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Paint Clan, Salem
4. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Medford
5. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Badger Band, Golden Hill
6. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Paint Band, Salem
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Wolf Band, Phoenix

Pennsylvania
1. Inagei Tsalagi, Cherokees of Virginia, Allison Park
2. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy
3. Tsalagi Elohi Cherokee Earth
4. United Cherokee Tribe of West Virginia, Sewickly
South Carolina
1. Cherokees of South Carolina, Columbia
2. Free Cherokee-Chickamauga, Chesne

Tennessee
1. Cherokees of Lawrence County, Leoma, Letter 9/14/2000
2. Chickamauga Circle of Free Cherokee, Chattanooga
3. Echota Cherokee Tribe
4. Elk Valley Band-Council of Chickamauga Cherokee, Estill
5. Elk Valley Council Band of Free Cherokees, Pigeon Forge
6. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Cleveland, Letter 1/2/91
7. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Pigeon Forge, Letter 12/31/90
8. Faraway Cherokee Association, Memphis
9. Free Cherokees, Grandview
10. Free Cherokees, Chickamaugan Circle, Ooltewah
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 24 of 26
11. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Society, Grandview
12. Original Cherokee Nation, Chattanooga
13. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Red Clay Inter-Tribal Indian Band,
Ooltewah, Petitioned 3/9/78, Rejected 11/25/85
14. Tennessee Band of the Cherokee, Inc., Strawberry Plains
15. Tennessee River Band of Chickamauga Cherokee, Chickamauga Station
16. Turkeytown Association of the Cherokee, Nashville
Well just give them the swath test to see if they hold any Cherokee or Native American genes and then from there you can classify them as you wish if they really want to become part of Native American society.

It is my belief that if someone is part Cherokee, Fox, Sauk, or whatever that they should be given the right to rejoin the clan or tribe of their ancestors if they really want to do so. It is their own free choice just as we already acknowledge people such a free choice in doing just about anything. What should stop those that hold such genes?
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #34
Pow Wow Visitor

Darkseid is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by john_cornsilk

Following that is the Nationwide list of wannabees they are in 29 states, with Geroria leading the list, the place where the Cherokee were driven from, , Fl next with 23, Then Mo 20,

The Short list of chickamuka :

White River band of the Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Waldzon California

Sac River and White River Bands of the Chickamauga Indian Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Fair Play, Letter 9/5/91

Echota Chickamauga Cherokee Tribe of New Jersey, Irvington

Northern Chickamauga Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Miami, Letter 9/5/91

Free Cherokee-Chickamauga, Chesne Tennessee

Chickamauga Circle of Free Cherokee, Chattanooga

Echota Cherokee Tribe

Elk Valley Band-Council of Chickamauga Cherokee, Estill

Free Cherokees, Chickamaugan Circle, Ooltewah

Tennessee River Band of Chickamauga Cherokee, Chickamauga Station

Free Cherokee Tennessee River Band of Chickamauga, Jasper

Texas Buffalo Bayou Band of Chickamaugan Cherokee, Southern Cherokee Nation

Alabama
1. Cherokee Nation of Alabama, Birmingham, Letter 2/16/99
2. Cherokees of Jackson County, Higdon
3. Cherokees of Northeast Alabama, Birmingham, State Recognized, Letter 9/23/81
4. Cherokees of Northeast Alabama, Collinsville
5. Cherokees of Southeast Alabama, Dothan, State Recognized, Letter, 5/27/88
6. Cherokees of Southeast Alabama, Hoover
7. Cherokee River Indian Community, Moulton, Letter 8/3/00
8. Cherokee Trust, Alexander City
9. Echota Cherokee Nation, Decatur, State Recognized
10. Echota Cherokee Tribe, Birmingham
11. Echota Cherokee of Alabama, Sylacauga
12. Echota Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, Maylene
13. Free Cherokees, Eagle Bear Clan, Hamilton
14. Langley Band of Cherokee Indians in the Southeastern United States, Letter
4/15/94, Petitioned 1/11/95
15. North Alabama Cherokees, Creek Path/Willtown District, Scottsboro
16. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Fox Clan, Huntsville
17. United Cherokee Intertribal, Guntersville
18. United Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, Daleville
19. United Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, Midland City

Alaska
1. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Big Lake
Arizona
1. Cherokee Family Ties, Mesa

Arkansas
1. Arkansas Band of Western Cherokees, Mountain Home, Letter 4/7/98
2. Arkansas River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
3. Buffalo River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
4. Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Green Forest
5. Free Cherokees, Helena
6. Free Cherokees, Arkansas Bear Tribe Band, Mountain Home
7. Free Cherokees, Dung Beetle Society, Portland
8. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Band, Hot Springs
9. Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri, Jonesboro, Letter 2/10/99
10. Neches Tribe-Cherokee Nation, Hot Springs
11. Northern Cherokee Nation, Fayetteville
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 16 of 26
12. Old Settler Cherokee Nation of Arkansas, Timbo, Letter 9/17/99
13. Ozark Mountain Cherokee Tribe of Arkansas and Missouri, Melbourne, Letter
10/19/99
14. Western Arkansas Cherokee Tribe, Midway
15. Western Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Paragould, Letter 5/1/98
16. White River Band of Northern Cherokee Indians, Fayetteville
17. White River band of the Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Waldzon

California
1. Ani-Yun-Wiya Society, Bakersfield
2. Cherokees of California, Inc. Marysville
3. Cherokee Seven Clans Council, Bakersfield
4. Free Cherokees, Sutter Creek
5. Running Water Cherokee Indians, Bakersfield
6. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Buffalo Clan
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Manzanita Band, Redding

Colorado
1. Echota Cherokee, Denver

Connecticut
1. Free Cherokees, Madison
2. Free Cherokees, Moon Band, Groton
3. Free Cherokees, Snake Band, Oakville

Florida
1. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokees, Bear Clan, DeFuniak Springs
2. E-Chota Cherokee Tribe of Florida, Sneads
3. E-Chota Cherokee Indian Tribe of Florida, DeFuniak Springs
4. Free Cherokees, National Veterans Band, DeLand
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 17 of 26
5. South Florida Cherokee Band, Bowling Green
6. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Orlando
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Jacksonville
8. Southeastern Cherokee, Confederacy, Sarasota
9. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Sebring
10. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Bear Clan, Orlando
11. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Beaver Clan, Ft. Walton Beach
12. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Blue Clan, Sebring
13. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Crow Band, Ocala
14. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Long Hair Band, Tallahassee
15. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Many Lakes Band, Wachula
16. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Pine Knot Clan, Tarpon
17. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Rattlesnake Band, Bradenton
18. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Turtle Clan, Jacksonville
19. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Wild Potato Clan, Gainesville
20. Southeastern Cherokee and Creek Tribe, Orange Springs
21. Southern Band of Cherokees, Deland
22. Tchlaki Croatan Nation, Pompano
23. Tuscola United Cherokee Tribe of Florida and Alabama, Geneva, Letter 1/19/79,

Georgia
1. American Cherokee Confederacy, Leesburg
2. American Cherokee Council, Ochloknee
3. Bird Clan of the Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Albany
4. Cane Break Band of Eastern Cherokees, Dahlonega, Letter 1/9/79, Withdrew
7/16/97
5. Chattahoochee Valley Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 18 of 26
6. Cherokees of Georgia, Hilliard
7. Cherokee of Georgia Tribal Council, Scottsdale, State Recognized
8. Cherokee Indians of Georgia, Columbus
9. Cherokee Indians of Georgia Inc., Albany, Letter 8/8/77, Petitioned 6/11/96
10. Chickamauga Cherokee Band of Northwest Georgia, Rossville
11. Dahlonega Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation, Dahlonega
12. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Quitman
13. Free Cherokees, Ball Ground
14. Free Cherokees, Marietta
15. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Band, Cummings
16. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Society, Mableton
17. Free Cherokees, Turtle Clan, Atlanta
18. Free Cherokees of Northwest Georgia, Rossville
19. Georgia Tribe of Eastern Cherokee, Dahlonega, State Recognized, Letter, 1/9/79,
Petitioned 2/5/80
20. Georgia Tribe of Eastern Cherokee, Inc., Dawsonville
21. Ossahatchee Creek Band, Etowah District, Southern Cherokee Nation
22. Pearl River Band, Etowah District, Southern Cherokee Nation
23. Southern Band of Cherokees and Creeks, Ellijay
24. Southeast Kituwah Nation, Wayatali Uku, Warner Robins
25. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Adel
26. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Lake Park
27. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Ocklocknee
28. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Sylvester
29. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Thomasville
30. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Valdosta
31. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Bird Clan, Waycross
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 19 of 26
32. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Dear Clan, Quitman
33. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Eagle Clan, Albany
34. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Fire Clan, Macon
35. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Holly Clan, Dearing
36. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Inc., Leesburg, Petitioned 3/9/78, Rejected
11/25/85
37. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Lower Etowah Clan, Rossville
38. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Panther Clan, Bainbridge
39. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Donaldson
40. Southeastern Cherokee Council, Inc., Ochloknee
41. Tugalo Cherokee Tribe, Canton
42. Uganawvkalvgv Kituwah Ayeli, Warner Robbins
43. United Cherokee Nation

Idaho
1. Wild Potato Clan of the Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Nampa

Indiana
1. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indiana
2. Midwest Cherokee Alliance
3. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Paint Clan, Rochester

Kansas
1. Neosho River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
Kentucky
1. Delilah Whitecloud United Cherokee Indian Tribe of Kentucky
2. Rainbow Cherokees, Frankfort
3. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Evarts
4. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Black Wolf and Warrior Society, Wallins
Creek

Louisiana
1. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Deer Clan, Farmersville
2. Four Winds Band of Cherokee, State Recognized
Maryland
1. Free Cherokees, Mechanicsville
2. Free Cherokee, Bird Clan, Chapitco
3. Free Cherokees, Wild Potato Band, Hollywood
Massachusetts
1. Free Cherokees, Eagle Council, Reading
2. Free Cherokees, Wild Potato Band, Feeding Hill

Michigan
1. Free Cherokees, National Veterans Band, Holt
Mississippi
1. Free Cherokees, Star Hawk Band, Jackson

Missouri
1. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Hannibal, Letter 2/17/95
2. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Deering
3. Amonsquath Tribe of Cherokee, Powhatan Clan, Sparta
4. Central Missouri Cherokee Tribe, Centralia
5. Chickamauga Cherokee Nation, Rockport
6. Chickamauga Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Republic, State
Recognized
7. Cherokee Nation West, Southern Band of the Eastern Cherokee Indians of
Missouri and Arkansas, Seneca, Letter 5/11/98
8. Elk River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
9. Free Cherokees, Dogwood band, Ashland
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 21 of 26
10. Free Cherokees, Hummingbird Clan, Columbia
11. Missouri River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
12. Northern Cherokee Nation, Independence, State Recognized
13. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indians, Columbia, Letter 7/26/85
14. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indians of Missouri and Arkansas, Clinton
15. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Missouri, Columbia
16. Northern Cherokee Nation of Old Louisiana Territory, Columbia, Letter 2/19/92,
Petitioning for State Recognition
17. Ozark Mountain Cherokee Tribe of Arkansas and Missouri, Alton
18. Sac River and White River Bands of the Chickamauga Indian Nation of Arkansas
and Missouri, Fair Play, Letter 9/5/91
19. St. Francis River Band of Cherokee Indians
20. Wilderness Tribe of Missouri, Alton, Letter 8/16/99

Nebraska
1. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Coyote Band, Barnston
New Jersey
1. Echota Chickamauga Cherokee Tribe of New Jersey, Irvington
2. Free Cherokees, Osprey Band, Mays Landing

New York
1. Free Cherokees, North Hudson
2. Free Cherokees, Deer Council, Brooklyn
3. Free Cherokees, Many Walks Council, Stony Creek
4. Free Cherokees, Wolf Council, Scottsville
5. Mary Trail of Tears Long House, Brooklyn
6. Nuyagi Keetoowah, Inc., New York
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Mastic

North Carolina
1. Cherokee Indian Tribe of Robeson and Adjoining Counties, Red Springs, Letter
2/1/79, Ineligible 10/23/89
2. Cherokee Indians of Hoke City, Lumber Bridge, Letter 9/20/83, Ineligible
10/23/89
3. Cherokee-Powhatan Indian Association, Roxboro, Letter 9/7/84
4. Creek-Cherokee Indians, Pine Tree Clan, Cherokee
5. Free Cherokees, Chapel Hill
6. Ridge Band of Cherokees, Ridgecrest
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Cedar Grove
8. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Haw River
9. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Silver Cloud Clan, Cedar Grove

Ohio
1. Cherokee Delaware Indian Center, Coshocton
2. Cherokee United Intertribal Indian Council
3. Eastern Cherokee Nation, Overhill Band, Columbus
4. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Portsmouth
5. Free Cherokees, Hokshichanklya Band, Creola
6. Ohio Cherokees, West Portsmouth
7. Tallige Cherokee Nation, Fire Clan, Portsmouth, State Recognized

Oklahoma
1. Canadian River Band of the Southern Cherokee Nation
2. Northern Cherokee Tribe of Indians, Weatherford
3. Northern Chickamauga Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and Missouri, Miami,
Letter 9/5/91
4. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Horse Clan
5. Southern Cherokee Nation, Webber’s Falls

Oregon
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 23 of 26
1. Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band of the Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy,
Talent, Petitioned 3/9/78, Rejected 11/25/85
2. Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Deer Clan, Bend
3. Northwest Cherokee Wolf Band, Paint Clan, Salem
4. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Medford
5. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Badger Band, Golden Hill
6. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Paint Band, Salem
7. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Wolf Band, Phoenix

Pennsylvania
1. Inagei Tsalagi, Cherokees of Virginia, Allison Park
2. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy
3. Tsalagi Elohi Cherokee Earth
4. United Cherokee Tribe of West Virginia, Sewickly
South Carolina
1. Cherokees of South Carolina, Columbia
2. Free Cherokee-Chickamauga, Chesne

Tennessee
1. Cherokees of Lawrence County, Leoma, Letter 9/14/2000
2. Chickamauga Circle of Free Cherokee, Chattanooga
3. Echota Cherokee Tribe
4. Elk Valley Band-Council of Chickamauga Cherokee, Estill
5. Elk Valley Council Band of Free Cherokees, Pigeon Forge
6. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Cleveland, Letter 1/2/91
7. Etowah Cherokee Nation, Pigeon Forge, Letter 12/31/90
8. Faraway Cherokee Association, Memphis
9. Free Cherokees, Grandview
10. Free Cherokees, Chickamaugan Circle, Ooltewah
C. Sturm, 2003 Page 24 of 26
11. Free Cherokees, Good Medicine Society, Grandview
12. Original Cherokee Nation, Chattanooga
13. Southeastern Cherokee Confederacy, Red Clay Inter-Tribal Indian Band,
Ooltewah, Petitioned 3/9/78, Rejected 11/25/85
14. Tennessee Band of the Cherokee, Inc., Strawberry Plains
15. Tennessee River Band of Chickamauga Cherokee, Chickamauga Station
16. Turkeytown Association of the Cherokee, Nashville
Well it is my belief that if someone is part Cherokee or whatever that he or she should have the right to rejoin that clan or tribe of his or her ancestors if he or she chooses to do.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #35
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
No such thing as Kenai, AZ...LOL!!!....I did do a google search and a yahoo search and did come up with a kenai az in Anchorage, AK....that sure is a long way off though....as for the Cherokee Family Ties in Mesa, I'm gonna have to look these people up....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #36
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Cherokee Family Ties, Donna Williams, 516 N. 38th St., Mesa, AZ 85208...

Ok, this is what I found...it's also listed mainly under genealogical societies....hmmm....now that I got an address....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #37
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Oh that should prove interesting, very.

50 Cal, I was approached by a woman a year ago who said that she was a member of the "Secret Cherokee's of AZ", she even told me the name of her supposed ancestor, which was actually funny because I know the name and the actual descendants on the Res. And they got a big kick out of it, themselves.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #38
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
No such thing as Kenai, AZ...LOL!!!....I did do a google search and a yahoo search and did come up with a kenai az in Anchorage, AK....that sure is a long way off though....as for the Cherokee Family Ties in Mesa, I'm gonna have to look these people up....
Ok this is what I found for Kenai AZ... I had to relook things up again and i realized what I found for Arizona was a street and a helicopter company called Kenai... This is Kenai AZ in Alaska....

Kenai, Sun May 21 6:00am, Things to doKenai National Wildlife Refuge
Category: Things To Do
Kenai, AZ
Kenai National Wildlife Refuge provides many walking and hiking opportunities for wildlife viewing.
Notes:
2.5 - 3 hr drive about 160 miles south of Anchorag

sites for hiking info at Kenai Peninsula
Untitled Document
Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
Dates:
Sun May 21 6:00am - Sun May 21 11:00pm

But see it's a wildlife refuge... not a cherokee group. Only the Kenaitze Indian Tribe in Kenai.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #39
Pow Wow Visitor

I mean no harm to any one. I would be proud to stand up and say I was an indian and I would hope that my daughter could do that and know for a fact that it was the truth. I understand that in this world at one time it was hard to stand up and let it be be known who you where. Now there are people out there who think it is cool to be a part of the indian nation. They have not a clue. If anyone would have any information on Grover Cleveland Hilderbrand (Hildebrand) from NC I would be interestered. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:40 AM   #40
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Well it is my belief that if someone is part Cherokee or whatever that he or she should have the right to rejoin that clan or tribe of his or her ancestors if he or she chooses to do.
If you can prove it through the rolls, it can be done. The EBC has a blood quantium ruling and if you meet their requirements then there is no problem. But the CNO has no blood quantium requirements, but they do require that your ancestor to have been on the Dawes Roll to qualify, as I understand it. Many of these people who are in the groups listed above can NOT link themselves to the Cherokee, either way, through their ancstors. They find a name (usually just a last name) and run with it and make up a history as they go that didn't exist prior to them finding that one last name. In order to really know, you have to first find your ancestor's name (full name and siblings and parents names help), then you go to the Rolls and look for the name there. That's where most people end their search, they find a last name and match the last name only to the rolls and poof instant Cherokee. That's really not where it ends, that's just the begining, really. As I stated above many of these names are European descendants and only one married an Indian person (NOT just the Cherokee's) and that's how the name came to be associated with the Indian people. Now, from finding a FIRST and LAST name on the rolls, then you need to go and look at the actual roll information---and it IS out there, the library in Cherokee, NC has all of them and they list the age of the person, many times their children and parents and even in some cases the siblings (depending on the year of the Roll). Many times people will say that there isn't enough information, this is incorrect. There is a book that only lists the names and Roll numbers for the Rolls and that is the one that most people go by, well there is much more info available all you have to do is look.
Sponsored Links