Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues List of Fraudulent Cherokee/Chickamuaga's List of Fraudulent Cherokee/Chickamuaga's

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #101
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 62,023.61
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmouse48 View Post
So those of you opposed to people of mixed Native/Other descent finding their roots and forming tribes...what do propose they do? Just forget about who they are--just go away because their mixed history disturbs you? What?
Learn who they really are. Look, if you're of Native descent then you already have kinship connections to a tribe. Why do you need a new made up one?

I've had a few close encounters with a few of these "descendency" groups. Most of the people in them seem like sincere folks. But they are very lost folks. They cobble together a little Cherokee, a little Lakota, a little New-Age, and a lot of Hollyweird to make symbols and rituals to satisfy the needs of their invented tribes. They grow their hair in braids, drape themselves with turquoise and dead animal teeth, carry fur wrapped pipes, and in their sincere attempts to fill the hole in their soul they commit sacrilege. And their antics cut them off from having a real identity as a mixed-blood person.

Last edited by OLChemist; 11-15-2010 at 11:59 AM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #102
Pow Wow Visitor

Dmouse48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00

You are right a Metis Nation is the USA would number in the millions--and they would be authentic with a few frauds.

My ggrandmother-lost property, the kids were court ordered sent away and was sometimes referred to as Colored and sometimes Indian, sometimes simply not listed at all. Like so many people of that era and families.

Please quit labeling people who have already been marginalized for generations as 'wannabe'. It shows a profound lack of knowledge about historical events.

I don't wanna be Cherokee, and I am not and I do not claim it.

I am mixed and that is the truth weather you approve or not. I deal with race crap every day of my life due to my phenotype. So don't even play with me.

Mixed race people exist, and have for centuries--and we will survive.

Peace.
Dmouse48 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #103
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 118,564.58
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
You are right a Metis Nation is the USA would number in the millions--and they would be authentic with a few frauds.

My ggrandmother-lost property, the kids were court ordered sent away and was sometimes referred to as Colored and sometimes Indian, sometimes simply not listed at all. Like so many people of that era and families.

Please quit labeling people who have already been marginalized for generations as 'wannabe'. It shows a profound lack of knowledge about historical events.

I am mixed and that is the truth weather you approve or not. I deal with race crap every day of my life due to my phenotype. So don't even play with me.

Peace.
You sound pretty defensive. Do you think you are the only one who deals with the 'race crap'? I, and many others, have seen it firsthand...every day. Save the pity card for someone else. 'Colored'? Pffft.

You need to find out who you family is.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #104
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 118,564.58
Quote:

Peace.
You sound pretty defensive. Do you think you are the only one who deals with the 'race crap'? I, and many others, have seen it firsthand...every day. Save the pity card for someone else. 'Colored'? Pffft.

You need to find out who you family is.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #105
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Quote:
If your ancestors didn't meet the Mayflower from the shore, you're complaining to the wrong people.

If some of them did, but your family has ever -- once -- used mixed blood to "pass" as an ethnicity where things weren't so difficult? Then you've already broken the faith.

Either way, you not only sound defensive but reek of paper tiger.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #106
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
Hey Zeke, what is a paper tiger ?
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #107
Pow Wow Visitor

Items ElephantPresentDevil
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
GoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond reputeGoggenGH has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 6,525.38
Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
Hey Zeke, what is a paper tiger ?
Paper tiger is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhǐ lǎohǔ (simplified Chinese: 纸老虎; traditional Chinese: 紙老虎), meaning something that seems as threatening as a tiger, but is really harmless. This Chinese colloquialism is similar to the English phrase "its bark is worse than its bite".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_tiger

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.
GoggenGH is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links