Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Losing Indian Blood Losing Indian Blood

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2004, 04:07 PM   #21
Oldfart

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Every day I lose some of my Indian blood. I have to check my blood daily with a glucometer.

Do any of you folks want me to save it up for you? J/K
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2004, 04:27 PM   #22
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzman3
Just like Burberrilish, I also am 4/4 Navajo

For me, I'd also like to stick to my own tribe and mass produce kids, like an assembly line, HAHAHAHA!

But it's really hard for me to find a Navajo woman out here in the SF Bay Area. There are so few here and the ones that are here I'm related to. So, it kinda sux for me :p

-Buzz

*LMAO* BUzzz thats no excuse lol..go home to the NN FAir and i'm sure you'll find ur navajo woman there *LMAO* :rofl2: hahaha JK mannn lol

what about chewy?? or you both related too? LOL

Oh yeah.. i haven't heard or talked with my brother since last year sooo i dunno how he's doing lol...:lol2:
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

Buzzman3 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Burberrilish
*LMAO* BUzzz thats no excuse lol..go home to the NN FAir and i'm sure you'll find ur navajo woman there *LMAO* :rofl2: hahaha JK mannn lol

what about chewy?? or you both related too? LOL

Oh yeah.. i haven't heard or talked with my brother since last year sooo i dunno how he's doing lol...:lol2:
OH YEAH! HAHAAHAH! The chewster and I are related... I think she's my lil sister or something like that :Chatter

BTW... HI CHEWY!!! :)

Yes, I was at the NNF this past year. Had fun. I didn't get to spend enough time at the "Women Of The Navajo" booth to check for the future Mrs. Buzzman, HAHAHAHAH!

Hey... gimme u'r bro's email addy, if u have it handy. I wanna c what he's been up to.

-Buzz
Buzzman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2004, 05:57 PM   #24
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
Every day I lose some of my Indian blood. I have to check my blood daily with a glucometer.

HAHAHAHAhA yeah save me some LOL

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2004, 07:42 PM   #25
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzman3
Just like Burberrilish, I also am 4/4 Navajo

For me, I'd also like to stick to my own tribe and mass produce kids, like an assembly line, HAHAHAHA!

But it's really hard for me to find a Navajo woman out here in the SF Bay Area. There are so few here and the ones that are here I'm related to. So, it kinda sux for me :p

-Buzz
Doh! Buzzman where in the bay are you lookin? THere is alot especially in east bay. Well may be those are the ones your related to though. That would sux. Livermore is having a pow wow next month maybe you should try lookin there.

:agree?:

:Naughty

:Tongue

Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2004, 08:55 PM   #26
Teen Dancer

Stirbaby is on a distinguished road
This board, like all boards, has some limitations.
The strength this board has is its moderators,and then the good people who have gathered here.
Limitations are , but not limited too;
1: No one knows me personally, and there is no other third party to say, "Oh, I know Stirbaby, hes [ a. a big fat jerk, b: satan in blue jeans, or c: a nicer than average guy]"
2: We come to this board with different voices, but in they end they are all boiled down to litle marks on a computor screen.
3: New people coming in without any background and then just jumping in the conversation.
4: Old friends just dissappear and are never heard from again.
I apreciate that I am able to really go off here and not get burned allive.
You have shown me a lot of tolarance and grace. Thank you.
That all to say I am not trying to be the expert. I really do need to listen more than talk.
It just happens that I feel so comfortable with you, and the others, and the quality of the board speak here is pretty intellegent, I feel like its OK to just say my opinion.
I do not want to were out my welcome.
I like it here.
" We beseech and demand... that you accept the Church and the Superior Organization of the whole world and recognize the supreme Pontiff, called the Pope, and that in his name you acknowledge the King and Queen... his representatives, as the lords and superior authorities of these islands and main lands...
If you do not do this, or resort maliciously to delay, we warn you that, with the aid of God, we will enter your land against you with force and will make war in every place and by every means we can and are able, and we will then subject you to the yoke and authority of the church and of their Highnesses.
We will take you and your wives and children and make them slaves...
And we will take your property and will do you all the harm and evil we can..."

--The Requerimiento (read by Spanish Conquistadors to the people of the "New World" )
Stirbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2004, 01:28 PM   #27
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Burberrilish
You are right Direct... my kids are all (all two of them ) are full blooded navajo's :D...sooo in order to keep our blood lines full ..i think its our job as offsprings lol.. to talk to our kids about how important it is to carry on our full blooded-ness i know thats not even a word *L*
You tell it burbz ;)

The only way we are going to keep our nations strong is to marry ndn and have ndn babies. We are not suppose to deplete our ndn blood, we are suppose to keep it strong. How else are we to do that! I talk to my two daughters at home how important it is to keep our nations strong and full! :D

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2004, 01:30 PM   #28
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwehnzii

Don't be sayin stuff like that Kiwehnzii. Neva know them wannabes be knockin at your door like vampires. :p

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #29
Ug!

David Schneider is on a distinguished road
Bloody nonsense. Is blood stronger than spirit? Could we transform this thread to one abutthe importance of spirit?

Never mind me, I'm evil.
David Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2004, 04:30 PM   #30
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Savings: 1.00
Dont worry we will be extinct by the end of this century. By 2050 58% of enrolled members will have less than 1/4 . Once you hit the 50% mark of under 1/4 the slope of no fullbloods or majority bloods will slip so quickly it will take only a couple more generations after that. Then See ya!

It doesn't matter really anyway most people can't even speak their language so its not like were carrying any tradition or culture on. We will blend in with the whites pretty soon. The rest will be so encultured by hip hop that theyll start calling themselves hispanic.
Gache is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2004, 05:21 PM   #31
Teen Dancer

Jammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 220.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Gache
Dont worry we will be extinct by the end of this century. By 2050 58% of enrolled members will have less than 1/4 . Once you hit the 50% mark of under 1/4 the slope of no fullbloods or majority bloods will slip so quickly it will take only a couple more generations after that. Then See ya!

It doesn't matter really anyway most people can't even speak their language so its not like were carrying any tradition or culture on. We will blend in with the whites pretty soon. The rest will be so encultured by hip hop that theyll start calling themselves hispanic.

LOL...good thing I'll be dead, I don't want to be his nothing...
Old 01-25-2004, 05:39 PM   #32
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
Quote:
Originally posted by Stirbaby
This board, like all boards, has some limitations.
The strength this board has is its moderators,and then the good people who have gathered here.
Limitations are , but not limited too;
1: No one knows me personally, and there is no other third party to say, "Oh, I know Stirbaby, hes [ a. a big fat jerk, b: satan in blue jeans, or c: a nicer than average guy]"
2: We come to this board with different voices, but in they end they are all boiled down to litle marks on a computor screen.
3: New people coming in without any background and then just jumping in the conversation.
4: Old friends just dissappear and are never heard from again.
I apreciate that I am able to really go off here and not get burned allive.
You have shown me a lot of tolarance and grace. Thank you.
That all to say I am not trying to be the expert. I really do need to listen more than talk.
It just happens that I feel so comfortable with you, and the others, and the quality of the board speak here is pretty intellegent, I feel like its OK to just say my opinion.
I do not want to were out my welcome.
I like it here.

hey guys look.... we hooked one..... should we keep him or throw him back haha

oh and if you guys are all fired up about indian blood wait till you get into allotments.... you know when your aunts uncles and grandparents pass..... that land will still be indian....but will be divided up between the family....and right now lots of indians own 1/100 of almost nothing...and its only getting worse, read my frens

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2004, 05:52 PM   #33
Tiny Tot Dancer

Direct_Effect is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gache

If that's the case then it's up to us to see that it doesn't happen.

To me, speaking the language and keeping our language is important. Teaching it to my kids is even more important as well.

Losing our status as a tribe or as native peoples is something we should all consider in the future ahead. I know I sound preachy, but if ignorant statements like "it doesn't matter" is said, then I'm definitely going to try my hardest to see that we do strive to maintain our cultural identity.

I will not blend in with the whites, and I will go down preventing that it doesn't happen.

Last edited by Direct_Effect; 01-25-2004 at 05:54 PM..
Direct_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2004, 06:26 PM   #34
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Quote:
Originally posted by Direct_Effect
If that's the case then it's up to us to see that it doesn't happen.

To me, speaking the language and keeping our language is important. Teaching it to my kids is even more important as well.

Losing our status as a tribe or as native peoples is something we should all consider in the future ahead. I know I sound preachy, but if ignorant statements like "it doesn't matter" is said, then I'm definitely going to try my hardest to see that we do strive to maintain our cultural identity.

I will not blend in with the whites, and I will go down preventing that it doesn't happen.
Good words Direct E and I agree with you. I am a full blood native (although mixed with another tribe). I have always believed in keeping our culture strong and always worked in professions where cultural knowledge is a prerequisite. I had one son and raised him in our traditional ways, he learned both his fathers Lakota ways and my tribal ways. When he grew into a young man, he was involved with a lady of another race. When he told me about her, I had a heart to heart talk with him and told him that it's okay to date this woman but when it comes to marrying and having children he should look for a Native woman. I explained to him that I see how hard the mixed Natives of other races have it and I told him that I wouldn't want that for any of my grandchildren. He was upset with me but he listened. Eventually he calls me and tells me that he met a Native woman. Now I have a beautiful full blood granddaughter, she's mixed with a couple of other tribes but thats okay. I don't know what our future holds for us but as long as I am alive, I will continue to strive to keep our Native blood and culture strong and alive, at least within my own family.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 12:30 AM   #35
Tiny Tot Dancer

Direct_Effect is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakeeya
Good words Direct E and I agree with you. I am a full blood native (although mixed with another tribe). I have always believed in keeping our culture strong and always worked in professions where cultural knowledge is a prerequisite. I had one son and raised him in our traditional ways, he learned both his fathers Lakota ways and my tribal ways. When he grew into a young man, he was involved with a lady of another race. When he told me about her, I had a heart to heart talk with him and told him that it's okay to date this woman but when it comes to marrying and having children he should look for a Native woman. I explained to him that I see how hard the mixed Natives of other races have it and I told him that I wouldn't want that for any of my grandchildren. He was upset with me but he listened. Eventually he calls me and tells me that he met a Native woman. Now I have a beautiful full blood granddaughter, she's mixed with a couple of other tribes but thats okay. I don't know what our future holds for us but as long as I am alive, I will continue to strive to keep our Native blood and culture strong and alive, at least within my own family.
I appreciate your kinds words, especially from an elder. You sound really wise, and am glad that you have taught your children well. I just hope our future generation will maintain our cultural identity.

I am full blood also. I come from a small tribe, so it's important to marry another tribal member, but it's even more important to marry another Native. This is something I will stress when it comes to my children.
Direct_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 11:35 AM   #36
Teen Dancer

storm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Spritual? These are real indians discussiing a real issue. What is a spritual indian? It is somebody with no culture of his own wandering through the world like a ghost (wa xe) ..the word for whiteman.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:22 PM   #37
Junior Dancer

jingle_wmn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by David Schneider
Bloody nonsense. Is blood stronger than spirit? Could we transform this thread to one abutthe importance of spirit?

Never mind me, I'm evil.
and remember this is coming from the individual that was granted a "temporary cherokee" indian name lmao :Chatter :Chatter
jingle_wmn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 12:38 PM   #38
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Direct_Effect
I appreciate your kinds words, especially from an elder. You sound really wise, and am glad that you have taught your children well. I just hope our future generation will maintain our cultural identity.

I am full blood also. I come from a small tribe, so it's important to marry another tribal member, but it's even more important to marry another Native. This is something I will stress when it comes to my children.
Thank you Direct E! I don't really consider myself an elder yet, still can't dance in the Golden Age category, I have a few years to go and I'll be dragging my feet all the way! :Chatter Just kidding :Chatter But I did learn what is important and am trying to pass on those values and teachings to my son and his daughter. :Angel2
Old 01-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #39
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you elder Kakeeya.:D
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 01:25 PM   #40
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
You're welcome young grasshopper!

Kiwehnzii :Chatter
Sponsored Links