Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Losing Indian Blood Losing Indian Blood

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #41
woohooo!! yeah!!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Burberrilish
*LMAO* BUzzz thats no excuse lol..go home to the NN FAir and i'm sure you'll find ur navajo woman there *LMAO* :rofl2: hahaha JK mannn lol

what about chewy?? or you both related too? LOL

:Eyebrows what's this??? Char trynna pimp me out??? :rofl2:
:secrets: I don't date Navajos, just so you know Char.

HI Buzzer!! :hey!:
step_2_da_side is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 03:06 PM   #42
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally posted by step_2_da_side

:Tongue...

:rofl2: you finally seen that post *LMAO* HAHAHAHAHA
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 04:53 PM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

STRBRWMN is an unknown quantity at this point
Losing Indian Blood

I have 2 daughters from different fathers.My parents never related to me that I should wait for my own kind.Now one girl is mostly white and the other is Filapino/Chippewa.Her father has come to the conclusion that there should be no inter-racial dating/marriage for her and I agree.It just so happens to my delight and her fathers dismay that she has found a boyfriend who is part Filapino/Blackfeet.My other girl is free to choose.Now, I realized at the age of 30 that the blood lines are decreasing.(Half of my family on the rez are blonde.)So I choose my sons father because his mother was from my tribe and he was enrolled in Ft.Berthold.My son is the only grandchild out of 13 who is enrolled in our tribe.This is sad.People(non-Indians)that I worked with asked me if I was "papered".Like those special dogs who only breed with certain other breeds.I was very angry at this.And I realized that it is soooo important now more than ever for us to stay with our own.We are already losing.Keep telling our young.Keep supporting the youth.We will accomplish much.STRBRWMN
STRBRWMN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #44
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
I know of a family who the grandmother is ojib, she married a white man, had four children, now those children of hers all married white and all have children. Where is the ndn blood? its all gone. Her grandchildren and great grandchildren are all white. That is the most saddest thing ever - to see our blood get washed away like that. :Cry

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #45
Ug!

David Schneider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by jingle_wmn
and remember this is coming from the individual that was granted a "temporary cherokee" indian name lmao :Chatter :Chatter
LOL!
:p
David Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #46
Pow Wow Visitor

shondeen_2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

I came upon this thread and it has really caught my attention. I believe what is being said is true and the seriousness of it all. I never thought about the full bloodedess and how it affects our Indian Nation, but I am glad that my children are full bloods. Didn't plan it, just happened in that way.

I fully support all what is being said about the dilemma, that faces our Indian Nation. We need to band together and stay strong.

:D
shondeen_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 11:26 PM   #47
Teen Dancer

Stirbaby is on a distinguished road
I am stepping into a very important subject, blood.
What is to be done for those "wannabees"( are they the same as mixed blood?) that hear the voice of their Native American elders calling them to the red road.
Are these people to be mocked, sent away, or something else.
I want to hear from Full, Half, and slices of all size.
If you are mixed, and looking for a way home, how are you finding the journey.
Do you have a tribe that is willing to teach you the native way?
And what is the native way.
And are the others, the fulls and such, are they on the right path.
" We beseech and demand... that you accept the Church and the Superior Organization of the whole world and recognize the supreme Pontiff, called the Pope, and that in his name you acknowledge the King and Queen... his representatives, as the lords and superior authorities of these islands and main lands...
If you do not do this, or resort maliciously to delay, we warn you that, with the aid of God, we will enter your land against you with force and will make war in every place and by every means we can and are able, and we will then subject you to the yoke and authority of the church and of their Highnesses.
We will take you and your wives and children and make them slaves...
And we will take your property and will do you all the harm and evil we can..."

--The Requerimiento (read by Spanish Conquistadors to the people of the "New World" )
Stirbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2004, 11:16 AM   #48
Tiny Tot Dancer

Powwowhoney4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 610.92
I myself came from a family that was mixed tribes and mixed with white. I am 5/8 ndn and have married a man who is full blood with two tribes. We have a child who is over 3/4 ndn and I have been trying to teach here that she needs to marry an ndn guy. My thoughts are the same as most of the people in here- if we don't marry other natives our ndn blood will disappear. I don't want my grand kids and great grand kids to have so little ndn blood in them that they are considered white. I am very proud to be ndn and I am teaching my children how important it is to keep our indian blood going.
Powwowhoney4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2004, 02:58 PM   #49
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by step_2_da_side

ummmmm Chewy...soo why don't ya date jaawwnns??
Old 01-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #50
Ug!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stirbaby
I am stepping into a very important subject, blood.
What is to be done for those "wannabees"( are they the same as mixed blood?) that hear the voice of their Native American elders calling them to the red road.
Are these people to be mocked, sent away, or something else.
All of the above. The flakes and cons have to be weeded out. Several Osages would have lived a lot longer had they been more suspicious of white men who "loved" them. Any discerning group will test initiates before admitting them. Some will be rejected immediately, some later (with mocking or worse). Some will be admitted but not without repeated test and trial. This is how it must be.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:52 PM   #51
Teen Dancer

Stirbaby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by David Schneider
All of the above. The flakes and cons have to be weeded out. Several Osages would have lived a lot longer had they been more suspicious of white men who "loved" them. Any discerning group will test initiates before admitting them. Some will be rejected immediately, some later (with mocking or worse). Some will be admitted but not without repeated test and trial. This is how it must be.
This is a good idea.
Where do I sign up?
" We beseech and demand... that you accept the Church and the Superior Organization of the whole world and recognize the supreme Pontiff, called the Pope, and that in his name you acknowledge the King and Queen... his representatives, as the lords and superior authorities of these islands and main lands...
If you do not do this, or resort maliciously to delay, we warn you that, with the aid of God, we will enter your land against you with force and will make war in every place and by every means we can and are able, and we will then subject you to the yoke and authority of the church and of their Highnesses.
We will take you and your wives and children and make them slaves...
And we will take your property and will do you all the harm and evil we can..."

--The Requerimiento (read by Spanish Conquistadors to the people of the "New World" )
Stirbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2004, 10:56 PM   #52
Ug!

Do what you do. Be where you are. Be who you are. You will find yourself among your own kind.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #53
Teen Dancer

storm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond repute
I have read this thread twice.. So do you get extra points for being immature, or cryptic or only for being a smarta..,,
There are some good comments, but the spooky cryptic stuff
has got to go . Say what you mean, plain and straight. Nobody says "My heart flys like a hawk" that crap went out with Tonto.
I have to be where I am, cause I aint got no car. (points?)

Last edited by storm; 01-30-2004 at 02:55 PM..
storm is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2004, 02:55 PM   #54
Pow Wow Visitor

shondeen_2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is an interesting question. So what is your take on this discussion, Storm? Perhaps, it is not worth your time. Just wondering.
shondeen_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2004, 02:59 PM   #55
Teen Dancer

storm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond repute
It is a very important point. It is worth our time. And the time to make a meaningful reply.. which was my point. sorry

Last edited by storm; 01-30-2004 at 03:59 PM..
storm is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2004, 10:47 PM   #56
Ug!

Looks like simultaneous threads on essence and substance. Is that a problem? Can't we all get along?
Old 01-31-2004, 02:13 PM   #57
Dineth Hearth Throth

Quote:
Originally posted by storm
It is a very important point. It is worth our time. And the time to make a meaningful reply.. which was my point. sorry

sooo if ya don't like the replys.. just move onto the next reply/thread :D like everyone says on the boards, you are not being held a gun to your head to read each post
Old 01-31-2004, 03:06 PM   #58
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
I say, if it matters to ya whether your children are ndn, then you need to keep that in mind next time you're trying to snag a non-ndn.:p

As for myself, I am Ojibwe, I didn't marry within my tribe, but I do have half-ies ( I know that's not a word). My children are half Navajo. They're brown and beautiful, and that's exactly what I wanted.

It's all up to you whether or not you let your indian'ess wash away.
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2004, 11:57 AM   #59
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Powwowhoney4life
I myself came from a family that was mixed tribes and mixed with white. I am 5/8 ndn and have married a man who is full blood with two tribes. We have a child who is over 3/4 ndn and I have been trying to teach here that she needs to marry an ndn guy. My thoughts are the same as most of the people in here- if we don't marry other natives our ndn blood will disappear. I don't want my grand kids and great grand kids to have so little ndn blood in them that they are considered white. I am very proud to be ndn and I am teaching my children how important it is to keep our indian blood going.
:Thumbs

Old 02-01-2004, 11:59 AM   #60
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally posted by *Kwe_Zee*
I say, if it matters to ya whether your children are ndn, then you need to keep that in mind next time you're trying to snag a non-ndn.:p

As for myself, I am Ojibwe, I didn't marry within my tribe, but I do have half-ies ( I know that's not a word). My children are half Navajo. They're brown and beautiful, and that's exactly what I wanted.

It's all up to you whether or not you let your indian'ess wash away.
:Thumbs

Sponsored Links