Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Losing Indian Blood Losing Indian Blood

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #121
Powwow Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
losing Indian Blood

This is off the subject, but would some one please tell me why the circle in my box is red and not the same color of others. I have check FAQ ans cant find an answer. When I click on the red circle it says I am invisable. I dont understand.
Wado in advance.
2 Trails is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #122
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 12,610.76
Savings: 1.00
its red cuz ur invisible...hmmm sounds simple enuff to me..lol...it means that on ur profile u have urself as 'invisible to others'...so for u its a red dot and for us its grey.......meaning that we cant tell when ur online

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #123
Junior Dancer

chickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Trails
This is off the subject, but would some one please tell me why the circle in my box is red and not the same color of others. I have check FAQ ans cant find an answer. When I click on the red circle it says I am invisable. I dont understand.
Wado in advance.
Where in Tennessee are you located. I live in Southwest Virginia where Tenn, Ky, Va, and NC all meet.
chickendad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #124
Powwow Dancer

2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute2 Trails has a reputation beyond repute
Losing Indian Blood

I am in West Tennessee. About the middle this part of the country.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #125
Lakota Gurl!!!

traddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond reputetraddancer2021 has a reputation beyond repute
Seems as though we should just go to the whole "arranged marriage" thing! LOL!
traddancer2021 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #126
Powwow Dancer

Losing Indian Blood

The In-Between People

The Old Ones, of many paths on this Earth,
say that the in-between places are those of power,
the veiling of twilight, the glimmering of dawn,
the challenge of the river, the crossing of paths.
Here, they say, is where the greatest Medicine
can be worked.

Why then, do some say that we, of in-between blood,
Walk apart from the power, and are not truly of the People,
No matter how strongly our heartbeat matches the drum?
We are the in-between places of the heart,
We are the power of that which is not only two,
but also the horizon of things yet unseen.

Bring your hearts to us, for ours are seared with waiting,
Bring your dreams to us, for we have long been dreaming,
We are the gates, woven of willow and thorns, to new worlds
In ways we ourselves do not understand without you.
When you come to us, the in-between ones, look beyond
The traces of more than one People's blood, look!
And see, see how our souls stretch, and arch to the sky,
Making a sacred hoop for you, for all our Peoples,
Woven of our love, our pain, our pride, and our need,
To know that you, who are the true color of Mother Earth,
Can accept the other pigments blended into Earth's ochre,
We pray to hear you call to us, in the old ways,
with flute and smoke, knowing that we,
the in-between, dance a new song of power.

@Patricia Phillips
Taken from her book "Freddie Came Home and Other Coyote Tales"
Niibii Ikwe likes this.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #127
Northern Traditional

Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 410.00
Savings: 722.45
Angry I have to say somthing

I'm starting to look like a forum whore, but I saw this thread, and I couldn't help it.

I have 3 children, 2 different moms, 2 of the children are 1/4 Miami, 1/8th Lakota, 1/16th brule. (Mom was around 1/3 Miami, and I'm about 1/4 so, that's about right)

My son, is 1/8th lakota, 1/16th brule, 1/8th miami, and 1/4ish Potowatomi (I think?!)

I didn't want kids that would not be reconized by their Lakota blood, I did not want kids that basically would not have a home rez... But, my children will be brought up in the circle, and they'll have to learn to kick *** just like I did for being light skinned..

Some of you know harden doval, he's only a touch lighter than I am (yeah, I'm pale, not ghostly)... My son, luckily, is already alot darker than I am, I hope he won't have as many problems as harden and I did growing up.

My brother is 7 years older than me, has dark hair, and an olive complection, he used to get teased for being indian at school, not me... Everyone thought I just had a kickass last name when I was in school...
I remember being at crow fair, getting the snot beat out of me, I was about 7, a fancy dancer.... When your brought up with a traditional family, who had a food booth, and would straight up leave a hobbiest pow wow... You know what it feels like when a few red lake boys, or pine ridge boys call you a wannabe, or hobbiest.... at 7... these kids were 11, 12 beatin the hell out of me...

My point?

I'm still here.

I haven't left, still dance, still help... My hair will never be black like my brother, or my skin olive... the blood is the same.

Who are we to say you can't have tradition without blood? Think for one second my son won't be raised in the same fashion I have (maybe with less beatings). He's going to know our traditions, as lakota, as potowatomi, and the traditions of the local circuit.

In my opinion, our children are our children, it's OUR responsibility to teach them our ways, not to pick and choose what blood they should be born of. Unless you want your children to grow from a broken home like most of us did, marry for love, not color. Teach your children accordingly.

For any of you, to tell anyone that they aren't good enough because their blood isn't red enough, need to learn what an apple is. I've seen black men, that are on the rolls of the Cherokee (NC) at 75% blood.

Tell them they aren't good enough because they're too light, or too dark....

Instead of *****ing, help educate those who need it, those who's parents have strayed and WANT to learn our ways, don't segrigate or seperate yourself or your family from them, that is NOT our way, in 500 years we have not done that, why are you doing it now?

Does calling someone else white make you more ndn? Hell naw... Makes that apple shine a little more. I was with a drum for about 2 years, that used to preach sobriety, and drug awareness... Hell, we were even host drum at a sobriety pow wow (unnamed) and they'd easily go through 4 cases of beer during a 49... That's less ndn than the little white kid wearing a fox face on his head, offering tobacco to the head vet and asking him a question about feathers and their meanings.

Remember, every time you point your finger there are 3 more pointing back at you, or wasn't that in your teachings as a child?

There's 2 uses for an apple in this community, osage pie, and applesauce. Start droppin your skin off at the door, being darker than anyone, doesn't mean anything, stop preachin bout skin, and start teaching about family, and the old ways.

/rant off
MSN: [email protected]
Steffan Redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #128
Junior Dancer

chickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
The In-Between People

can be worked.

@Patricia Phillips
Kick *** poem. Wado
chickendad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #129
Powwow Dancer

Losing Indian Blood

Ha-Hooo Redhawk----- My heart is glad to see you'r post.
This is the type of support that we as a nation of Indians need to become a people of one fire. If we don't forget this crap of who is and is not NDN, we will continue to create problems for all our peoples. I am of Cherokee blood. The amount is not important.The only thing that is important is I walk the Red Road and talk of unity of all Indians. Should I pierce my hand I will feel pain and the blood that will flow from my hand will be the same color of any other Indians blood as it falls to the ground.The Great Spirit made us all. However, as said before we should not put each other down because there blood in more or less than the other or living on a rez or not. Remember we must put a side our differences and be the people of one fire.

Also Chickendad my heart sings that you enjoyed the poem.I can not take ownership of it. I only take ownership of my joy to share it with others.

Wa-Do.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #130
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,751.64
My daughter skinned her knee this week... I figure she musta lost about 7-8 drops of Indian blood on her band aid. Saving that band-aide for future generations and her enrollment records.

Last edited by sookout sh'nob; 05-10-2006 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: her not he :P
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2006, 11:17 PM   #131
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,751.64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffan Redhawk
There's 2 uses for an apple in this community, osage pie, and applesauce. Start droppin your skin off at the door, being darker than anyone, doesn't mean anything, stop preachin bout skin, and start teaching about family, and the old ways.
What's Osage pie?

Does it go well with vanilla ice cream?
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2006, 01:26 AM   #132
Northern Traditional

Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Osage Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookout sh'nob
What's Osage pie?

Does it go well with vanilla ice cream?
MMMMMmmm Hmmmm

I can't say that it's from the people OSAGE, but, that's the only name I've ever heard it called... Imagine a sweet peice of frybread, not the greasy crap that alot of food booths have now, but so sugary that just the smell will give you a rush... Now, pack that with your favorite fruit (ie: Osage Cherry Pie) deep fry it, cover it with more cherries, some whipped cream or powdered sugar, and WHHHAAAM... Osage Cherry Pie baby...

Never had it with apples, heard it was good, but, I hardly eat with apples, they make my stomach turn... Great with peaches, probably pears too, ionno, anything you can cook up...

Taste best IMO if you used a canned fruit, but I guess you could simmer them yourself too...

Making me drool

Last edited by Steffan Redhawk; 05-11-2006 at 01:28 AM..
Old 05-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #133
Banned

indian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud of
Quote:
The In-Between People

can be worked.

@Patricia Phillips

...yes, we need to learn this by heart -even in Europe- and say it again and again...and again and again...to feel your united Indian heart beat again, especially when you're listening to the beat of the drums...
indian-heart-beat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #134
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffan Redhawk
Does calling someone else white make you more ndn? Hell naw... Makes that apple shine a little more. I was with a drum for about 2 years, that used to preach sobriety, and drug awareness... Hell, we were even host drum at a sobriety pow wow (unnamed) and they'd easily go through 4 cases of beer during a 49... That's less ndn than the little white kid wearing a fox face on his head, offering tobacco to the head vet and asking him a question about feathers and their meanings.
less ndn?? how can one be less ndn??...either u are or ur not...lol that kinna sounded funny....

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #135
Northern Traditional

Example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
less ndn?? how can one be less ndn??...either u are or ur not...lol that kinna sounded funny....
Ever hear of an apple snag? They're kinda like oreos... Red on the outside, white on the inside. These are the people that have just trashed all of their teachings, completely ignored them. The type of person that wouldn't help someone else when they needed, like by opening up their home to someone who had lost theirs, for whatever the reason. "Oh, I'd let you come stay with us, but my cat puked on the floor in the spare bedroom a few months ago".

"Hey, I'd love to loan ya 50 bucks, but I just don't have it" (Then the guy turns around and drops a ben, never notices)

"It doesn't matter that I've been drinkin already today, I can still sweat, nobody will notice anyway"

Then you have the 30 year old guys that keep tryin to interupt a private conversation over something that is of little or no importance.

How can someone be less ndn?

By being more white.

Kind of like being religious... How jewish are you if you goto church instead of temple??? Not very.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #136
Tradish Dancer

redgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond reputeredgirl_161 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Your quite the jokster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined to be alone
Went to the blood bank-they took a pint-someone is going to be a pint of indianness!O U T T I E:Angel2

Ur 2 funny 4 me. I love it...
redgirl_161 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2016, 06:20 PM   #137
Pow Wow Visitor

Niibii Ikwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 115.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Trails View Post
The In-Between People

can be worked.

@patricia Phillips
Thank you very much for liking the poem and posting it--and attributing it too. :)
I am Patricia Phillips, and it means a lot to me to know that my poems are still out there and that the touch people's hearts. You just made my day. :
Spiritflight likes this.
Niibii Ikwe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #138
Pow Wow Visitor

Niibii Ikwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 115.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendad View Post
Kick *** poem. Wado
Wado from its author. I am happy to know that it touched you in a good way. :)
Niibii Ikwe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links