• 5 Post By Fang
  • 4 Post By blueberry111
  • 4 Post By Eagle Plumes
  • 8 Post By Fang
  • 4 Post By LeannB
  • 1 Post By blueberry111
  • 1 Post By LeannB
  • 2 Post By wanjica_the_one

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Mom Issue Mom Issue

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
blueberry

Items User Name Style ChangeUser Title Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
blueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond repute
blueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,507.37
Savings: 0.00
Mom Issue

p
Atehequa likes this.

Last edited by blueberry111; 08-12-2015 at 02:36 PM..
blueberry111 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Frybread glutton

Items Treasure Chest
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 19,485.51
Have you tried sitting down with your mother and Calmly expressing your opinions of how it makes you feel and why you (and others) might take offense to it?

Also, why would you try to delete someone else's (especially a parent's) work? Despite her use of native similarities, it's still her work, and that she has put time and effort into.

Maybe it's just me, but she's also doing a "native-inspired" piece. If she were using an actual tribal name and making up non-tribal related things to go with it, I'd find it more offensive. Otherwise, she's just taking a generic native theme and using her own imagination.
Stands Alone and docat like this.
Fang is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
blueberry

blueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond repute
blueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond reputeblueberry111 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
Have you tried sitting down with your mother and Calmly expressing your opinions of how it makes you feel and why you (and others) might take offense to it?

Also, why would you try to delete someone else's (especially a parent's) work? Despite her use of native similarities, it's still her work, and that she has put time and effort into.

Maybe it's just me, but she's also doing a "native-inspired" piece. If she were using an actual tribal name and making up non-tribal related things to go with it, I'd find it more offensive. Otherwise, she's just taking a generic native theme and using her own imagination.
p

Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Frybread glutton

Items Treasure Chest
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Fang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond reputeFang has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato-Zi-Win View Post
I didn't read what "group" she was doing but it could've been anything. If i talk with her, she will say how rude I am or why it doesnt matter (to use stereotypes).. And also, the "I'm more NDN than you" excuse she will bring up.
I wanted to delete it because she just started and it not a good thing for her time.

All I can say is to try and express yourself in the nicest and most respectful way possible. If it upsets you that much, then the importance lies in trying to get her to see just how her actions effect you, more-so than going out of your way to destroy what work she has done.

Otherwise, something I learned growing up in my particular household was that it's always best to pick your battles wisely when it comes to parents.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
blueberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
All I can say is to try and express yourself in the nicest and most respectful way possible. If it upsets you that much, then the importance lies in trying to get her to see just how her actions effect you, more-so than going out of your way to destroy what work she has done.

Otherwise, something I learned growing up in my particular household was that it's always best to pick your battles wisely when it comes to parents.
p

Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantRainbowDevilDevil
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,425.79
Savings: 1.00
Sounds like moms gonna do what ever she wishes. Im not sure how old you are but if you were my kid assuming you were a kid I would have no problem reminding you who was the parent and who was the child. Im not tring to come off as mean for those who know me know thats not my style at all. Just a mom of a head strong 15 yr old male im going threw the I know more then you and its interresting at best lol.
Stands Alone, docat, Fang and 1 others like this.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
Frybread glutton

Items Treasure Chest
Rule #1 in my house: The Mother is always right.

Rule #2 in my house: If you feel that she is wrong, please revisit Rule #1.

I can only imagine the trouble you would find yourself in if you HAD managed to delete her work. If my child destroyed one of my art pieces because he or she deemed it unsuitable or not a good way to spend what few leisure hours I get in a day, the kid's head would be through the wall.

With that said, try to sit down with her like at the kitchen table or something. Express your feelings, and try to come to an agreement. There's almost always ways of meeting halfway. But try to remain flexible and understanding into what SHE wants as well as your own feelings on the matter.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
LeannB has a reputation beyond repute
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,648.74
Mato, you're getting a lot of good advice here.

Ya know what? If your Mom turns out to be a lousy writer, and folks criticize her...they know YOU are not your Mama. You don't have to agree with her, you just have to respect her. And you can tell folks, "Hey...you can't pick your relatives. But she's my Mama and I love her. Don't always agree with her, tho!!!" and shrug.

Betcha everyone of your listeners with chuckle in agreement and nod their heads...'cause we ALL have relatives that have chosen paths that we don't quite agree with.

As a midlife crisis thing...maybe being a author isn't such a bad thing. It's not expensive, like a red convertible sports car, LOL!
Stands Alone, docat, Fang and 1 others like this.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
blueberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannb View Post
mato, you're getting a lot of good advice here.

Ya know what? If your mom turns out to be a lousy writer, and folks criticize her...they know you are not your mama. You don't have to agree with her, you just have to respect her. And you can tell folks, "hey...you can't pick your relatives. But she's my mama and i love her. Don't always agree with her, tho!!!" and shrug.

Betcha everyone of your listeners with chuckle in agreement and nod their heads...'cause we all have relatives that have chosen paths that we don't quite agree with.

As a midlife crisis thing...maybe being a author isn't such a bad thing. It's not expensive, like a red convertible sports car, lol!
s
LeannB likes this.

Last edited by blueberry111; 08-12-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
LeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond reputeLeannB has a reputation beyond repute
OHMYGOODNESS, Mato.....that's a HOOT!!!!! I'm glad you are having fun with it!
blueberry111 likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantRainbowDevilDevil
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,425.79
Savings: 1.00
thanks for the green mato :)
Old 04-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
blueberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle plumes View Post
thanks for the green mato :)
w

Last edited by blueberry111; 08-12-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Old 04-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,801.61
Why don't you give Anonymous a call and let them have access to your mom's computer?
LeannB and blueberry111 like this.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
LeannB

Items DollDollCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
Why don't you give Anonymous a call and let them have access to your mom's computer?

Giggle, SNORT!!!!!