Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues $$$$money$$$$$$$ $$$$money$$$$$$$

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
Savings: 1.00
$$$$money$$$$$$$

Here's a place to share your wisdom about a popular subject......MONEY!

I keep thinking about something my mom said to me the other day.....
"you know I used to make a lot MONEY. But it doesn't matter how much MONEY you make. What matters most is how much you save!"

I started thinking about why she never saved any MONEY. I came to the conclusion that she did pretty good. She always gave us kids the things we needed and a lot more. She helped me with my dance outfits. She helped me through college. Every year we had a special Christmas....filled with all kinds of gifts and everything. Even to this very day she's still help'n people, even when she doesn't have any MONEY to spare.

So what good is MONEY if you don't spend it? And how much MONEY do you need when you're dead and gone?

What would you do if you had more MONEY??

What's the easiest MONEY you've ever come by......and what did you do with it??

What was your biggest waste of MONEY?

What was your best investment?

When you post ------answer any or all of the questions above or write more questions.......just cuz u have noth'n better to do!

I actually have lots of work.....but I needed a break.......oh well.......back to work!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Dances for Enjoyment

Mato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,749.20
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiously-Fancy View Post

So what good is MONEY if you don't spend it? And how much MONEY do you need when you're dead and gone?
Well, if you don't spend it we can only assume you're saving it. If you save it then the idea is, like your mum, to spend it on your children or grandchildren. That's what I try to save money for, to help my kids....kind of like your mum did. When you're dead and gone it really does YOU no good, but is sure helps your family put you away....that is if you're tribe doesn't have a burial policy, putting someone away....right, is real expensive.

Quote:
What would you do if you had more MONEY??
I wouldn't be standing inside the doors at Wal Mart smiling and saying "HI, welcome to Wal Mart".

Quote:
What's the easiest MONEY you've ever come by......and what did you do with it??
The easiest money I've come by is my per cap monies!! ....and I pay things off and try to buy a couple things for my kids/grand kids.

Quote:
What was your biggest waste of MONEY?
That long legged, skinny, big chested blonde white gal named "Bambi".

Quote:
What was your best investment?
My children.

I am NOT Indian. I have never been to India, nor has any of my family before me! I have met these people from India, of whom you speak, and I am nothing like them. Why do you call me an Indian?

Mato Mahe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 149,353.36
I can't answer any of those questions cuz I ain't got no money! LOL

So what's the difference between being rich and being well off?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Wink

Last edited by lbgood; 04-13-2010 at 01:09 AM..
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25

Last edited by lbgood; 04-13-2010 at 01:08 AM..
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Dances for Enjoyment

Mato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond reputeMato Mahe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,749.20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
Must have been a really good deposit LOL
Yeah! ...as they get older I've seen some return on my investment!! I look forward to the day when I move in with them and they take care of me!!

I am NOT Indian. I have never been to India, nor has any of my family before me! I have met these people from India, of whom you speak, and I am nothing like them. Why do you call me an Indian?

Mato Mahe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
Well off - being able to afford all the things you need.

Rich - being able to afford all the thing you don't need and then some.
Good definition.

I guess I've been through enough financial difficulties to learn that not having enough money is difficult, but it also isn't worth ruining your physical or mental health over. Right now I'm just trying to learn not to worry about it - because one way or another we've always managed to have what we needed when we needed it.

If I had more money I wouldn't work as hard (but that might not be a good thing). On the other hand I would love to have more money so I could help others in need, and I really mean that.

The easiest money I ever got was that stimulus check we got last summer - $2200 which we used to make our first road trip as a family and the first time I got to see my folks in several years.

My biggest waste of money - probably interest on loans (other than mortgage) and credit cards.

Best investment - My family and our health.
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 95,125.86
I added an 1,2,3... to your questions to make it easier to answer.

Quote:

1. So what good is MONEY if you don't spend it? And how much MONEY do you need when you're dead and gone?

2. What would you do if you had more MONEY??

3. What's the easiest MONEY you've ever come by......and what did you do with it??

4. What was your biggest waste of MONEY?

5. What was your best investment?

1. Well money can be good when you don't spend it and you have it in an account that allows it to grow. Its good when you are dead and gone when it is used to tie up your loose ends and to your loved ones if they are experiencing some difficulties.

2. If I had more money I would finally start my production company up with some awesome gear, and give some to charities and help some people who are down on their luck because of the misbehavior of that uncontrolled chaos known as wall street, ex I know some contractors who because of the credit crisis couldn't find work because home and business owners couldn't get loans for the work they needed.

3. The easiest money I have ever come by was last year when the studio that I do a lot of sub-contracted broadcast engineering for called me in to diagnose and fix a problem where one of the studio displays was not powering up, SOLUTION: IT WASN'T PLUGGED IN.

4. and 5. This one is kind of tricky because sometimes I feel that the biggest waste of money was also my best investment and that is was going to college for Television and Film Production. I say it was a waste because after all of the money that I invested I realized that I could have bought some really top of the line HD cameras and decks, sound, lighting and editing equipment. However it was my best investment because I pursued my passion for film making, got a B.A. degree, met all sorts of new people from all over the world (and partied), and with that degree I landed a job (doesn't pay that great) for a company that makes a very popular T.V. show that is seen in like 140 countries. So when it comes down to it I see it as a battle of debt VS. experience.

Basically at this point in time money is something I try not to worry about but I'm like broke all of the time, but oh well one day I'll have some, I hope.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #9

Passin_Win_Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 40.00
Money......................?

1. So what good is MONEY if you don't spend it? WORTHLESS

2. And how much MONEY do you need when you're dead and gone? NONE

3. What would you do if you had more MONEY?? Get sum pants..to replace the ones with lots of holes in em.

4. What's the easiest MONEY you've ever come by......and what did you do with it?? NOTHIN comes easy....there's always strings. Most likely I wasted it...without thinking deeply....you know...the Burger King Way. ...ha..ha.

5. What was your biggest waste of MONEY? SELF INDULGENCES.

6. What was your best investment? Tryin to stay alive...and care for those who you figured you'd love.

7. Question additions?
a. You lookin for honesty? or what?

Furiously......that's pretty wild ...sweetie
Passin_Win_Day is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
You ever notice some people would do just about anything for money???
Old 11-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #11

$$$$money$$$$$$$

You ever notice some people would do just about anything for money???

Hi Fancy Shawl...and so Furiously fancy....ha ha ha .

Thanks for your moment. Ay, money? We can chat about this one forever...while folks are busy makin money.
There are so many strings attached to this you could choke...die...get re-fibbed, and come back talkin again.....about money.

Yes, history hails that idea with all the pros and cons attached. Money represents exchange of services basically; unless you wanna barter, volunteer or just give, or risk....etc based on what ever motives are driving it all.

The subject of money...seems to me, like a stone thrown into the water and the response is waves going out in all directions; or, like the shape of a perfect ball, 360 degrees in all directions....really, this idea is quite a deep well.

"some" people would do just about anything for money. Guess we're all in this maybe...in "some" way. Yup! your thought does have credibility.

See ya.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

Just think what it would be like if you didn't need MONEY..........I tried----can't do it!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
sanpoil24

myles has a reputation beyond repute
myles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond reputemyles has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
No December percapia dang lol
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
PowWows.com Addicts

Cool

Here's a good question pertaining to money.......

"Won't you please send me some for Christmas???!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
^^^^^^
Hmmmm....I might be able to spare some Monopoly money, LOL!

How you doing, FF? Good to hear from you again. Hope you and your family are keeping well.
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #16
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
^^^^^^
Hmmmm....I might be able to spare some Monopoly money, LOL!

How you doing, FF? Good to hear from you again. Hope you and your family are keeping well.
FF needz real money!!

NOA,
Thanks 4 the well wishes. Happy Holidays to You and yours!

SINCERELY,

FF
Old 12-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #17

$$$$money$$$$$$$

POST: Here's a good question pertaining to money......."Won't you please send me some for Christmas???!!!!

Hiya Furiously Fancy Lady;

Thanks for keeping a chat alive. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Everybody WANTS money. But cha know, you'd be surprised how provision can materialize. Think about the "mind set" we eat each day. Who is providing for who and what reasons....that's an ocean of pondering.

Ay, anyway, have a nice holiday season, Fancy. Money IS an agreed upon medium for services. Who are what is your Master?

Thinkin, thinkin, thinkin...

Old 12-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #18
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 149,353.36
Quote:
Here's a good question pertaining to money.......

"Won't you please send me some for Christmas???!!!!
You send fedders, me send money. Me love you long, long time!!

Wait! That's the Canadian thread where no Canadians responded!!

If NEbody sends you money...send me haffers!!!

Hope you have a great Christmas, Geo!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #19
PowWows.com Addicts

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
You send fedders, me send money. Me love you long, long time!!

Wait! That's the Canadian thread where no Canadians responded!!

If NEbody sends you money...send me haffers!!!

Hope you have a great Christmas, Geo!

Eeeeeww.........JD u too quaaaazy man!!

U send fedderz me have vewwy mewwy CWHRISTMASS!!!