Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By OneidaChief88
  • 2 Post By Spiritflight
  • 2 Post By OneidaChief88
  • 2 Post By WhoMe
  • 4 Post By wyo_rose
  • 2 Post By Chevy_truckin_NDN
  • 3 Post By wyo_rose

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues My beautiful hair! My beautiful hair!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant future
Credits: 523.35
Savings: 0.00
Red face My beautiful hair!

I never had my hair long until high school. My mother died a couple of months ago and I decided to cut off my hair in her honor. Whats there to talk about............nothing, I just wanted to share.
hamiller13 and Spiritflight like this.
OneidaChief88 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #2

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 13,709.67
Scars - got ugly scars - both happened accidentally to me a year after each of my parents death - guess I wouldn't have gotten those if they were still alive - also just wanted to share.
hamiller13 and OneidaChief88 like this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

OneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant futureOneidaChief88 has a brilliant future
And sharing is caring. .... I think. Anyways ,Thanks for sharing with me. =)
hamiller13 and Spiritflight like this.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,562.70
As long as everybody is sharing....

In addition to cutting hair, some tribes cut off a finger or cut into their flesh to leave a scar of rememberance when a loved one passed away.

Other tribes killed the deceased favorite horses and dogs to journey with them to the other side.

And still other tribes sent their mother inlaws with their son inlaws if they didn't get along < j/k *LOL
windanncer and OneidaChief88 like this.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
As long as everybody is sharing....

In addition to cutting hair, some tribes cut off a finger or cut into their flesh to leave a scar of rememberance when a loved one passed away.

Other tribes killed the deceased favorite horses and dogs to journey with them to the other side.

And still other tribes sent their mother inlaws with their son inlaws if they didn't get along < j/k *LOL
LOL I got a little scared about the last one. I wanna know a lot more about other tribes and how they get down. Thanks for sharing. My grandmother says that if a bird enters the house or dies next to you, your going to have a bad day. Along with, If you have a dream that your teeth start falling out , that some one you know is going to die. Friend/Family member. =/
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
When my mother passes away, I thought about cutting my hair. It was long when I was in school, then had it fairly short since high school and all through my adult life.

My mother had long beautiful wavy hair that she could curl around her finger to make long lasting curls, until she cut it when she got older. She liked my longer hair, so I decided to KEEP it in her honor, even though, it is wavy, but I can't do anything with it.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
Savings: 1.00
i used to give my son Alex a high and tight, from the first time that he got gum in his hair...His grandmother tried the peanut butter method, but he was a toddler and he wasn't trynna sit still for that long. Anyway, my son wore a high and tight for years. Then his grandfather passed away, his barber, and his grandmother passed away 6 months later. After the memorial dance, he has refused to cut his hair. He's 17 now, turning 18 next month and it's been great to see his hair grow out. Long braids, the scalp lock, etc.
windanncer and OneidaChief88 like this.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
In my daughters tribe they do a hair cutting ceremony. I figured cutting mine would just be a gesture...and it's strange...my mom lived for three years after the doctors pulled her back from the brink during a heart attack, and then she hung on for her last five months in hospice. After she passed, I couldn't properly grieve for over a year. I cried more in the past few months for her, then I have all along...still can't bring myself to visit her grave. It will be two years next month, and I'm gonna have to send someone over fix the grave up before I can go there.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest...helps in the sorting out of feelings. I feel better now and can go on with my busy day.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

QueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond reputeQueenSnowGrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 403.40
I'm sorry for your loss, what you did is very admirable. It's nice to see people do these small, honorable acts.

My friend was being made fun of for being lesbian and said she wanted to commit suicide, so to prove a point, I cut my hair in a pixie cut. Sure enough, I started getting called lesbian, and right in front of her too. It made her feel a lot better, though she was kind of mad at me for cutting my hair because she knew I was growing it out I don't mind though, anything to help a friend out, though I do admit I miss my hair. I've been growing it out since and it's a very slow process.

Last edited by QueenSnowGrl; 10-08-2014 at 10:06 PM..
QueenSnowGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links