Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Native Rap and Hip-Hop... Native Rap and Hip-Hop...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 01:55 PM   #21
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
JUS ME is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Re: ?

Quote:
Originally posted by pensmoke
I am a Native hip-hop M.C. and I don't cuss or talk about anything negative in my music. What I don't understand is why Indian folks are so into white music and "white culture" and thats supposed to be okay but when we do hip-hop and rap it's "trying to be black". When an Indian musician does Country music or Rock what would you call that? Trying to be white? As for "Jus Me" I wouldn't pay much attention to her, she just sounds like either she wants to be white or is just really immature. Do you think Indian folks invented the word N*gger? Get a grip.
well well well who said anything about paying attention to me huh like i said thats just my opinion cant u f***en read
JUS ME is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #22
Banned

and i would also like to add to that the reason i said that nativeswhat to be n****r wannabes is well dont u see it black people where baggy clothes they smoke weed where snotrags on there head they act like gangsters and thats exactley how i see most natives look dress and act if u dont like what i said then dont read or quote it

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 01-22-2004 at 02:10 PM..
Old 01-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #23
Pow Wow Visitor

pensmoke is on a distinguished road
foul

You have a really foul mouth. Maybe I should go do some Rock' N' Roll, I suppose that would be totally awesome dude. :D
pensmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2004, 02:05 PM   #24
Banned

do what ever the hell u want nobodys stopping u
Old 01-22-2004, 02:05 PM   #25
Champion Dancer

ron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, Im going to try and reply to this with a clam manner.

We value everyone's opinion on this board, though agree'd with, or disagreed with, but in order to be taken seriously, I belief the usage of narrowminded, obviously prejudicial words such as the N word, will definately get you either ignored, laughed out, or just plain shunned.

I am not one of the most like individuals on this board, nor am I trying to win votes for anything, but please, let us not stoop to the level of the prejudiced folks and use words like the N****r word.

Think on this *if you want* I had an old 60+ year old BLACK man tell me once "Ron, There are N****r's of every race"

Ron

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
I'm still part red man deep inside!~
<Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.
ron red eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2004, 02:06 PM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

riiiiiiiiiight

Quote:
Originally posted by JUS ME
and i would also like to add to that the reason i said that nativeswhat to be nigger wannabes is well dont u see it black people where baggy clothes they smoke weed where snotrags on there head they act like gangsters and thats exactley how i see most natives look dress and act if u dont like what i said then dont read or quote it
If you don't like the way "most natives look dress and act" then go get yourself a redneck white boy and be happy. You are really bitter and angry and you cuss to much.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:07 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ron red eagle
Ok, Im going to try and reply to this with a clam manner.

We value everyone's opinion on this board, though agree'd with, or disagreed with, but in order to be taken seriously, I belief the usage of narrowminded, obviously prejudicial words such as the N word, will definately get you either ignored, laughed out, or just plain shunned.

I am not one of the most like individuals on this board, nor am I trying to win votes for anything, but please, let us not stoop to the level of the prejudiced folks and use words like the N****r word.

Think on this *if you want* I had an old 60+ year old BLACK man tell me once "Ron, There are N****r's of every race"

Ron
n****rs of everyrace huh yeah right whatever

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 01-22-2004 at 02:17 PM..
Old 01-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #28
Banned

Re: riiiiiiiiiight

Quote:
Originally posted by pensmoke
If you don't like the way "most natives look dress and act" then go get yourself a redneck white boy and be happy. You are really bitter and angry and you cuss to much.
and i never said anything about not liking the way people dress i said that i SEE IT ALL THE TIME
y dony u go get your self a black n****r u n****r wannabe

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 01-22-2004 at 02:18 PM..
Old 01-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #29
Pow Wow Visitor

Re: Re: riiiiiiiiiight

Quote:
and i never said anything about not liking the way people dress i said that i SEE IT ALL THE TIME
y dony u go get your self a black nigger u nigger wannabe
LOL Okay, I'm bored with you now.You're not saying anything valid so I'm done. Poof! Be gone apple! LMAO
Old 01-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #30
Banned

GO FIGHT WITH SOMEONE ELSE I DONT HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH A N****R WANNABE

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 01-22-2004 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #31
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
Just Me, I'm just curious. Do you ever read your own pws.com signature? Your comments on this board mock your signature and shows how hypocritical you are.

Last edited by Homalosa; 01-23-2004 at 11:16 AM..
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2004, 03:41 AM   #32
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
lol ignorance is bliss ainnit?
Old 01-23-2004, 10:58 AM   #33
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
speaking of native rap....maybe a year or so ago i was at a powwow and a kid by the name of CHIEF ROCK was there...i got a CD from him NO TURING BACK....but mines is all messed up and i really like a song off of there...anyways i need a new cd where can i get one at?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #34
Champion Dancer

ron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond repute
What bothers me more then anything else,

is if some young kid comes here and does a search on hiphop and natives, because of a school paper or something, and this derogatory, racism is found.

I don't mind other peoples opinions, but to hear language like that bothers me more then anything else.

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
I'm still part red man deep inside!~
<Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.
ron red eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2004, 03:20 PM   #35
Ole Heathen

Badmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
GO FIGHT WITH SOMEONE ELSE I DONT HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH A N****R WANNABE
:Cry
The world's smallest violins are playing.
Badmutha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2004, 04:52 PM   #36
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally posted by katezninen
speaking of native rap....maybe a year or so ago i was at a powwow and a kid by the name of CHIEF ROCK was there...i got a CD from him NO TURING BACK....but mines is all messed up and i really like a song off of there...anyways i need a new cd where can i get one at?
http://www.chiefrockmusic.com/

LOL type Chief Rock into your browser.. there are quite a few links to this artist.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #37
Tiny Tot Dancer

One who seeks is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 527.00
I am sitting here asking myself, "Why did you go to this thread? You don't even like hip hop."

Okay, I'm in my forties. I didn't like disco in the seventies. I like music with words I can hear. I like variety in the type of songs an artist sings. In hip hop and rap, they all sound pretty much alike to me.

And then the words I can understand in hip hop or rap are often words I don't want to hear. I don't like words that belittle others. It irritates me when someone uses cuss words as an adjective or adverb. To me, it shows a lack of intellegence. And I don't care for things that promote drugs and violence. It's not the way of life I have chosen or would want anyone I love to chose. I know this because I have loved ones who have chosen this path.

But right now it seems as if hip hop is the prevailing culture of young people. Black, red, yellow and white -- a lot of them are into hip hop. I've even heard of "Christian hip hop." It will pass and something else equally disturbing to some of us will pop up. That's the way it is.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:42 PM   #38
Tiny Tot Dancer

One who seeks is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 527.00
A separate issue is the language that has been used on this thread. It ain't right, IMO! We all need to find a way to state our opinion in an intellegent, mature manner without belittling anyone or a group of people.

We all know there are words that hurt. Those words hurt because of the history of the word. If you are going to use one of those words, find out what it means before you throw it around.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:24 AM   #39
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
Originally posted by One who seeks
And then the words I can understand in hip hop or rap are often words I don't want to hear. I don't like words that belittle others. It irritates me when someone uses cuss words as an adjective or adverb. To me, it shows a lack of intellegence. And I don't care for things that promote drugs and violence.
Sounds like you may have been exposed to only the negative aspects of Rap.

Rap was all about just having a party, and occasionally artists would rap battle. The early days of Rap reflected this and there was nothing really bad about what was being said. Mostly just MC's braggin about who was the best.

In the mid to late 1980's there was a lot of conscious Rap going on. Rap that addressed social and racial issues. Groups such as Public Enemy and Boogie Down Productions led the way. At first they were ridiculed as wanting too much, but nowadays are often interviewed by publications such as Time and US Weekly. The front men for these groups lecture at colleges worldwide these days and are still highly intelligent.

True, in the early 90's saw the proliferation of Gangsta and Big Willy rap. I myself tuned out of that scene. However, I do not entirely blame the whole genre of Rap. I know that there are still a lot of artists out there who just don't rap about gang warfare and the such, but that is what the companies want to shove down out throats.

I'm giving it time. I know that the taste will change. In the meantime I will be blasting PE, BDP, Melle Mel, Fat Boys, Big Daddy Kane, and Eric B and Rakim.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #40
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Quote:
and i would also like to add to that the reason i said that nativeswhat to be n****r wannabes is well dont u see it black people where baggy clothes they smoke weed where snotrags on there head they act like gangsters and thats exactley how i see most natives look dress and act if u dont like what i said then dont read or quote it
Obviously, you have never been to a hotel after a powwow. Blacks are not the only ones that smoke weed, wear baggy clothes, and wear bandanas on their heads. A lot of natives do it. A lot of whites do it. A lot of others races do it. I've been to hotels after powwows and smelt weed from other rooms that a lot of natives were staying in.

Your use of the "n" word goes to show how small your vocabulary really is. As well as, your use of the "f" word. May I suggest a Thesarus so that you can learn other words? I am not trying to get smart with you or belittle you. I 'm just hoping that you can learn some new words so that we all can have an intelligent conversation on here :) .