Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Native Rap and Hip-Hop... Native Rap and Hip-Hop...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2004, 06:39 PM   #41
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
QUIETSPIRIT19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Definition of the "n" word slang a black person. Number two a member of any dark skinned people. This definition is by a white man. Mr Webster have you heard of him? I am a 40 year old female who dislikes a certain type of rap music, young inexperience females whose mouth is worse than pig slop and the use of the "n" word. Have you been hurt by a black guy? Have you been turned down for something by a black guy. Maybe you had black girlfriends and they found out that down deep inside you were a racist and decided that homie material you were not.

A word of advice be very very careful using the "n" word and try cleaning out your mouth. Perhaps a little home made soap will help. Using the "n" word esp in public could get you seriously beat down or worse. People on the streets are not as understanding as the people on this board. Most of the people her understand you have some type of problem.

This is just my opinion

As for the way people dress. What do you wear for comfort a nice skirt and blouse, a pair of professional looking pants and your executive style blouse. Probably not I don't know but I do know that you should clean off your back porch before climbing on someone else. How do you feel about native people wearing corn rows does this make them wannabees. Girl please grow up and be a 20+ year old young woman not a racist trash mouth.
QUIETSPIRIT19 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 12:08 AM   #42
comchocldy

Native Hip Hop

:Angel2

There's good and bad in every form of music. At 57 I love still Tupac and KRS1. There's also a lot of good Christian rap, one group called Tunnel Rats was formed by a Native American, he continues to write and produce the group. They were at my church and blew everyone away.

A lot of the young rappers are really prophetic in their observations and presentation of what's really going on today. It's just a matter of time b/4 a breakout Native rapper expresses the state of Ndns today on the same level of excellence that Tupac & KRS1 did and continue to do.

I know today a lot rappers of all ethnicities are talking about fleshy crappy stuff but some are the true political satirist of tomorrow. I learned a long time ago when I became a parent to listen to what young people are talking and concerned about good or bad.

A little history: Rap actually started in Jamaica, it was called 'Toastin' at Jamaican 'yard parties'. 2nd generation Jamaicans growing up in Jamaica Queens flipped it inside out. If you ever get the chance to visit Jamaican Queens in N.Y. You will actually see the 'hotel, motel Holiday Inn' ala SugarHill gang. Flight crews on short layovers still stay there!

Another thought, can you imagine what our lives would be like if we had to actually live completely 'traditional' in 2004! We've all borrowed from other cultures, just eat the hay and spit out the sticks!

cc

Last edited by comchocldy; 01-26-2004 at 12:59 AM..
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 12:31 AM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

pensmoke is on a distinguished road
Re: Native Hip Hop

Quote:
Originally posted by comchocldy
:Angel2

There's good and bad in every form of music. At 57 I love still Tupac and KRS1. There's also a lot of good Christian rap, one group called Tunnel Rats was formed by a Native American, he continues to write and produce the group. They were at my church and blew everyone away.

A lot of the young rappers are really prophetic in their observations and presentation of what's really going on today. It's just a matter of time b/4 a breakout Native rapper expresses the state of Ndns today on the same level of excellence that Tupac & KRS1 did and continue to do.

I know today a lot rappers of all ethnicities are talking about fleshy crappy stuff but some are the true political satirist of tomorrow. I learned a long time ago when I became a parent to listen to what young people are talking and concerned about good or bad.

A little history: Rap actually started in Jamaica, it was called 'Toastin' at Jamaican 'yard parties'. 2nd generation Jamaicans growing up in Jamaica Queens flipped it inside out. If you ever get the chance to visit Jamaican Queens in N.Y. You will actually see the 'hotel, motel Holiday Inn' ala SugarHill gang. Flight crews on short layovers still stay there!

Another thought, can you imagine what our lives would be like if we had to actually live completey 'traditional' in 2004! We've all borrowed from other cultures, just eat the hay and spit out the sticks!

cc
I never knew that Tunnel Rats was started by a Native. Thats cool. Who was the guy, does he still rap with them?
pensmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 12:56 AM   #44
comchocldy

Tunnel Rats

:D Sorry,

I don't remember his name. He was at my church with the group and did the lead on a couple of tunes. But like all good leaders he's trained others to take his place, but he tours with them. he has two latino girls, a brother and another latino guy. They are really big on the east coast. Check their website at: tunnelrats.net

He's really doing more teaching/evangelism now, you know he used to be a GBer

CC
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 01:10 AM   #45
Banned

JUS ME is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by QUIETSPIRIT19
Definition of the "n" word slang a black person. Number two a member of any dark skinned people. This definition is by a white man. Mr Webster have you heard of him? I am a 40 year old female who dislikes a certain type of rap music, young inexperience females whose mouth is worse than pig slop and the use of the "n" word. Have you been hurt by a black guy? Have you been turned down for something by a black guy. Maybe you had black girlfriends and they found out that down deep inside you were a racist and decided that homie material you were not.

A word of advice be very very careful using the "n" word and try cleaning out your mouth. Perhaps a little home made soap will help. Using the "n" word esp in public could get you seriously beat down or worse. People on the streets are not as understanding as the people on this board. Most of the people her understand you have some type of problem.

This is just my opinion

As for the way people dress. What do you wear for comfort a nice skirt and blouse, a pair of professional looking pants and your executive style blouse. Probably not I don't know but I do know that you should clean off your back porch before climbing on someone else. How do you feel about native people wearing corn rows does this make them wannabees. Girl please grow up and be a 20+ year old young woman not a racist trash mouth.
YEAH YEAH OK
JUS ME is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 04:53 PM   #46
Tiny Tot Dancer

native_cool is an unknown quantity at this point
well for me i think the best i seen so far if reggae will be native roots and rap i will say tribe 2 entertainment they are 100% navajo yet you see them they talk bout rez life and they talk bout how we think we have it rough but yet there is somebody always worse