Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Natives dating/marrying non-natives
Yes, it's exceptable 91 61.49%
NO, definatatly not! 32 21.62%
Undecided or no comment 25 16.89%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Natives dating/marrying non-natives Natives dating/marrying non-natives

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #321
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Credits: 100.00
Savings: 53.62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Are you indicating that Natives are insular? That they place the preservation of "self" over adaptation and survival?

Perhaps you should specify.
preservation of self and survival are the same thing....
perhaps you should learn what the words you use mean instead of constantly trying to validate yourself as being more intelligent than the rest of us....

Last edited by Skillet; 09-18-2007 at 04:10 PM..
Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #322
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Savings: 1.00
Skillet--but then he wouldn't need a dictionary to look up all those $25 words to impress people. He would be able to get his point accross without a dictionary or cutting up parts of what someone says and rearranging it to make a point. That's the easy thing to do, how about making a point with someone's whole statement.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #323
Teen Dancer

Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
Skillet--but then he wouldn't need a dictionary to look up all those $25 words to impress people. He would be able to get his point accross without a dictionary or cutting up parts of what someone says and rearranging it to make a point. That's the easy thing to do, how about making a point with someone's whole statement.
yup...if you sift thru the rhetoric,he really isnt saying very much...
i like the avoidence personally,questions asked directly numerous times but never an answer or facts to back up his baseless generalizations

Last edited by Skillet; 09-18-2007 at 04:17 PM..
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #324
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, I like that too. I'm one for give me facts and proof not just a bunch of fancy words that were looked up in a dictionary. But you have to admit--it's good for a really good laugh.LOL I fell out of my chair laughing so hard the other day, I didn't hurt myself though. That was the good thing.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #325
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
The entire concept of ANY form of Social Services -- for anyone, anywhere -- should be to create a situation wherein the service is no longer required.
yeah okay thats what you want them to think now, but a few months ago you were willing to "open" up your "one stop ndn shops" (LMAO that one still kills me, your pyrimid scam) in missouri, how soon you forget your master plan, then when you got here to St. Louis, you found out we closed the center, thinking you was going to come in here and run things, but in your own words we had the center, when it was needed, and the "services is no longer required", how come you can't get that thru your head....can anybody else see the lies? ..............
Old 09-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #326
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
preservation of self and survival are the same thing....
perhaps you should learn what the words you use mean instead of constantly trying to validate yourself as being more intelligent than the rest of us....
you got that right!!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #327
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
Yup, I like that too. I'm one for give me facts and proof not just a bunch of fancy words that were looked up in a dictionary. But you have to admit--it's good for a really good laugh.LOL I fell out of my chair laughing so hard the other day, I didn't hurt myself though. That was the good thing.
your not the only one laughing hard, dang this guy LMAO....
Old 09-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #328
Head Dancer

Items Cake
your not the only one laughing hard, dang this guy LMAO....

Yeah, I know. You want to be mad, but you're laughing so hard that you can't be mad. I don't even live in MO and I can see what's what. Wow, that's something.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #329
Banned

I guess nobody can voice their opinion without getting reamed from the self righteous one, he resorts to name calling, fools, losers, militant cultural police(s) all because he thinks we are going to end the world by most of our thinking...so be it...what can he do about it??.. NOT A THING..LMAO.....give it a break Zeke, go back to your hole and let the wannabe's under ya lick your wounds......onward lol
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #330
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
I guess nobody can voice their opinion without getting reamed from the self righteous one, he resorts to name calling, fools, losers, militant cultural police(s) all because he thinks we are going to end the world by most of our thinking...so be it...what can he do about it??.. NOT A THING..LMAO.....give it a break Zeke, go back to your hole and let the wannabe's under ya lick your wounds......onward lol
concur!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #331
Singer

yellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Please stop!

Please stop using this thread as a forum for personal attacks. Please! Let us just discuss the issues at hand without name calling or personal attacks. It has gone on too long and is taking away from the value of the discussion.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #332
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
they started it!! *points*

not

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 AM   #333
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowthunders mama View Post
Please stop using this thread as a forum for personal attacks. Please! Let us just discuss the issues at hand without name calling or personal attacks. It has gone on too long and is taking away from the value of the discussion.
I'm sorry, did someone [not yellowthunder's mama] say something? (I have most of the troglodytes on my IGNORE LIST.) I apologize FOR their incessant whining.

That said, the issue is quite clear: only the minority in this informal poll have issues with inter-marriage. This results in a variety of eventualities, making holding onto quantum as an identifier a poor, poor bet.

Culture is the only self-replicating tool.

Last edited by Zeke; 09-21-2007 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Make evident post was not directed at YTM.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #334
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowthunders mama View Post
I strongly agree.

There is value in this thread, because there have been some very thoughtful discussions, with some interesting points of view to consider.

However, if the name calling and/or personal attacks continue, I will have no other choice, than to shut down this thread.

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #335
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
ooooOOOOOooooooOOOOoooo
Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 AM   #336
Teen Dancer

Quote:
I'm sorry, did someone say something? (I have most of the troglodytes on my IGNORE LIST.) I apologize FOR their incessant whining.

That said, the issue is quite clear: only the minority in this informal poll have issues with inter-marriage. This results in a variety of eventualities, making holding onto quantum as an identifier a poor, poor bet.

call me all the names you like,coming from you,i take them as a compliment zeke...
as is to be expected you have assumed incorrectly and are projecting generalizations again...and never be so presumptious and arrogant to apologize for me,i stand by my words ...worry about yourself and those on your board who have had to apologize for your words and actions to those you offend...i voted yes to this poll( i date/marry for love not skin color) but im not for anything but self determination on the issues of quantums...and yes it is a poor bet when you have an agenda such as yours and of course you are threatened by anyone who doesnt share your own opinions...deal with it...and if thats too hard or wounds your bruised ego too severly,theres a red x in the top right corner youre free to hit anytime...

Last edited by Skillet; 09-19-2007 at 02:26 AM..
Old 09-19-2007, 04:01 AM   #337
Head Dancer

Items Cake
I'm sorry, did someone say something? (I have most of the troglodytes on my IGNORE LIST.) I apologize FOR their incessant whining.

Don't apologize for me until you can apologize to me and all the other's that you have verbally abused. You don't own me or anyone else. I was in this thread along time ago and kept up with it. You purposely came in just to verbally abuse a gentleman, by your own admission. I have always tried to be respectful in my postings even if I don't agree with someone, I have said it before "we all have to agree to disagree", but I don't go around cussing at people or calling them names. You cut up my statements and twisted them around in another thread and I called you on it then. My words are MY words, not for you to twist for self-serving purposes. Then you try to twist it around again and throw in a non-everyday word to confuse people, you happened to mention it to someone who knew what it meant and (In my opinion---JUST MY OPINION) it was off base with what the subject was. There are many threads that I have not answered to because I have seen you verbally abusing someone, I just couldn't take it anymore and the double standards. For the last time--do not cut up my words to serve your purposes.

To anyone else out there that I may have offended, for that I am sorry. But I stand by what I did and said here. Please continue on with the rest of the original conversation.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #338
Banned

Quote:

LMAO don't apologize for me either dang.....

Last edited by kiowakat; 09-19-2007 at 12:47 PM..
Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #339
Banned

Old 09-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #340
Banned

indian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud ofindian-heart-beat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki_mono View Post
This is an issue that some friends and I were discussing one day. There's someone we all know that's dating a non-native who has ancestory and can prove the documents but's wait on the approvial from the tribe on gettting their card. But anyway the issue that's arrised is non-natives family is kind of scared about how the others family might act when they find out and what they might think.
My question out there is what is everyones oppinion on Natives dating/marrying non-natives?
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread