Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Natives in Honolulu Hi Natives in Honolulu Hi

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
Me'tis People MPPI

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Post Natives in Honolulu Hi

Have a nice day

Last edited by Me'tis People MPPI; 11-03-2008 at 10:07 AM..
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10
Savings: 1.00
I'm probably going to sound stupid, but here goes...

I've met Crows before. Actually stepped on their rez up in Montana. So I understand that.

Now my question is...what is a Metis? Is that a tribe? Is there a Metis tribe in Hawaii, and if so, is this tribe indigenous to the Islands? And if there is a Metis tribe that is indigenous to the Islands, and there is a chief...is this a hereditary position.

I'm just confused. Will someone clarify?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #3
Me'tis People MPPI

Me'tis in Honolulu

That is not stuped lol
ME"tis meen half bread or part blood in French
The true me'tis People are French Natives at one time we had a rez in Montana just above the Blackfoot rez the us gov. said it was just an experment and did away with it most of our people went to canada , where our people faught for rights with blood, and won their rights in Canada at the RED River Crossing ,but the Us. Goverment to this day still refuses to recognize us
There is a town called Dawson Creek in Canada that are all me'tis or French Natives some became first nations
some went east toward Pa. and NY,
some went west to Ca.There are some Me'tis People here and band together.The Principle Chief is a voted position and only last for 7 years and the other Chiefs are 5 year term in which can be voted out , The Principle Chief was raised mostly in Shiprock Nm on the Navajo Res, and is a Sun Dancer Ghost Dancer And His Grand Father was a road man, that went to place to place doing cermonies and did take his Grandson at the age of 8 yrs on road trips and taught him the rights and wrongs of Traditional ways. The Native side of the family is his mothers the french is his fathers.

There are a lot of white people that try to say their M'etis but if they do not French and native the are not true Me'tis
The whites say o we are part bloods so we are ME"TIS which is very wrong even in Canada ME'TIS agree on this.
I hope this helps if you look on your puter look toward Canada
ME'TIS
Also we hav a pow wow every year for the last 34 years it is on the first weekend of OCT.here in Honolulu Hi
come join us

Thank you
Don Provance
Primery Chief
ME'Tis people of the Pacific Islands
PO,Box 29801 Honolulu Hi 95820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I'm probably going to sound stupid, but here goes...

I've met Crows before. Actually stepped on their rez up in Montana. So I understand that.

Now my question is...what is a Metis? Is that a tribe? Is there a Metis tribe in Hawaii, and if so, is this tribe indigenous to the Islands? And if there is a Metis tribe that is indigenous to the Islands, and there is a chief...is this a hereditary position.

I'm just confused. Will someone clarify?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 3rd tipi on the left just past the broken down car and the pack of rez dogs chasing horse's
Credits: 200.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me'tis People MPPI View Post
The true me'tis People are French Natives at one time we had a rez in Montana just above the Blackfoot rez the us gov. said it was just an experment and did away with it
that was right next to my rez we had as an experiment too. we went by Oo-ee Oo-ahh-ahh Ting-Tang Walla-Walla-Bing-Bang TRIBE. but after having ony 2 of we gave it up after about 2 hours.

but seriosly, i have never heard of that before.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
RezinInc

stillrezin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
Me'tis People MPPI

Natives in Honolulu

Dear Sir
look on the computer about the Me'tis
thankz
Don
in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillrezin View Post
that was right next to my rez we had as an experiment too. we went by Oo-ee Oo-ahh-ahh Ting-Tang Walla-Walla-Bing-Bang TRIBE. but after having ony 2 of we gave it up after about 2 hours.

but seriosly, i have never heard of that before.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
Me'tis People MPPI

Post natives in honolulu 22

Here is one of the sites to goto check it out
Thankz
Don

Métis National Council :: Home
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Are they related to the Metis of (I believe it is)Va? Wow, the Metis got around if they were in VA and HI.LOL
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #8
Me'tis People MPPI

Post Honolulu Indz

The Métis are one of the Aboriginal groups of Canada who developed through their European and First Nations parents in the 1700 and 1800s. The European men that came to what is today Canada, were often encouraged to seek First Nation wives, as this was good for their survival on the harsh trade routes and to build a strong trade relationship with the First Nation community. As the trade routes were established to gather furs for the North West Company and Hudson’s Bay Company, the Métis culture began to form. The Métis were instrumental in realizing profits for the two companies due to their role in the fur trade. Quite often the Métis were employed because of their cultural upbringing that was often the language of the area and customs that were key for trust in a trading relationship. The ability to be accepted by a First Nation community that was involved in the collection of furs meant major profits. There were many years where the Hudson’s Bay Company and the North West Company were competing for furs. The British established the Hudson’s Bay Company and the French established the North West Company.
In 1810 the rivalry between the North West Company and the Hudson’s Bay Company grew in intensity and became a problem for the British government. The first Métis stance was taken in 1816 during an event known today as the “Battle of Seven Oaks” whereby the Métis fought for their right to trade. The conflict over the Red River Settlement led to virtual warfare between the companies, and the final solution was the merging of the two companies in 1821. The name of the older company (Hudson’s Bay Company) was kept and there was no longer a North West Company. This merger affected many of the Métis involved in the fur trade as prices for fur were now controlled and dictated by one large company and thus resulted in a loss in income. The merger was one area that began the history of the Métis struggles with the fur trade and their current place in society.
The Métis Nation is very distinct. The joining of Aboriginal and European cultures created a unique language, music, dances, songs and stories all their own. This combination created a new culture not totally similar to either of its parent cultures, a difference that serves as a major point in defining the Métis distinct nationhood. Physically the Métis may appear characteristically like the First Nations People, but today many individuals also appear European or possess several traits in between.
The Métis are often referred to as the “Forgotten People”. Despite their similarities with the First Nations People, the Métis are not considered “Indians” and thus, are not subject to the restrictions or protections created by the Canadian government through the Indian Act. This is a major area of misunderstanding among Canadian society, as Métis are often misinterpreted as having the same rights and benefits as “Indians” or First Nations
When the Dominion of Canada was formed in 1867, the Hudson’s Bay Company had title to all the lands of the western prairies of North America whose rivers drained into Hudson Bay. The government agreed to buy these lands from the Hudson’s Bay Company to form the country; however, they did so without asking or consulting with the First Nations, the Métis, or even the European settlers who were living in the region

In response, Louis Riel and many other Métis people formed a provisional government and sent Ottawa a list of Métis rights and a demand to create the province of Manitoba. Although Ottawa refused to recognize Riel’s government, they agreed to most of its linguistic, religious, and territorial demands and, in 1870, created the province of Manitoba. However, further negotiations stalled, when Federal authorities learned of the execution of Ontarian, Thomas Scott, by Riel and his followers. Federal troops were sent to secure the new territory, which resulted in the murder of several Métis who had been involved in the execution. After being strongly advised to go into exile, Riel escaped to the United States. During the 1870s, large numbers of Métis sold their farms and moved further west to the banks of the Saskatchewan River, where they established several settlements at Batoche, located in present day Saskatchewan. When settlers started to homestead and Federal surveyors descended on the Métis once again throughout the 1870s and early 1880s, famous buffalo hunter and warrior, Gabriel Dumont, went to the United States to appeal to Louis Riel for help. Together, they formed another provisional government to recognize Métis rights to land title. The Federal government refused to negotiate, and decided instead to send a strong military force to suppress the resistance.

Even though the Métis were strong fighters, they could not hold out against the better-armed soldiers and, in the spring of 1885, the uprising was brutally suppressed and Louis Riel surrendered. Riel was tried in Regina for treason and was hung on November 16, 1885. It is believed that the jury that decided Riel’s fate was created to ensure his execution. Riel himself was a French speaking Catholic and the jury chosen was a six-member English speaking Protestant jury. His fate was sealed. Gabriel Dumont escaped to the United States and eventually became a performer in Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show.
Métis Achievements and Contributions
The fur trade and the buffalo hunt were the key drivers that opened up the west. Many Métis were great scouts who helped the European explorers chart the routes through the mountains to the sea. With their canoes, boats and Red River Carts, the Métis transported goods for the trading companies and brought furs and pemmican (dried buffalo meat) out of the west to the trading posts and the east. In fact, most of the highways and railroads of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta were built over top of old Métis cart trails. Modern Canadian society continues to benefit greatly from the talents and contributions of Métis persons, including many profess
The Métis people established themselves as the processors and suppliers of Pemmican to the new world. They were also known as the “Buffalo Hunters”. They sustained themselves in a variety of ways such as fishing, trapping for furs, some agriculture and as wage labourers for the Hudson’s Bay Company; however, buffalo herds were their major source of food and trade goods, as all parts of the animal were used and many parts had several uses. Some of the Métis clothing worn during the buffalo hunt included: capote – an all season coat, buckskin jackets, and the Assumption Sash.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #9
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,907.10
Here I go again with another 'not-so-bright' question. I copied your statement because I didn't want to take up so much space.

ME"tis meen half bread or part blood in French
The true me'tis People are French Natives at one time we had a rez in Montana just above the Blackfoot rez the us gov. said it was just an experiment and did away with it most of our people went to canada

I know there is a 'Blackfeet' rez in Montana because I went to their 100th anniversary powwow. My question is, by what town is the 'Blackfoot' rez? I apologize about the questions, it's just that I'm a little confused.

Thanks.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #10
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
I'm confused here too, but in a different way. I have not looked up your website, I leave that to the more knowledgeable then I am, I might do that later.

But I did look up your profile (a couple of times just to make sure) and I have a few questions too.

What is a "French Native"? Alot of French people married Native people, but then so did Irish, English, Scottish and German, so what's the difference there?

Your biography says that you are: Crow and French.

So then are you saying that "Me'tis" is Crow who married the French? Then wouldn't you and the tribe be Crow?

But then under "Tribal affiliation" you state: Me'tis/Crow. I'm confused by this and who is it that the French married? The Crow? Or is that any Native (of any Tribe/Nation) who married a French person is called "Me'tis"?

I see in your above statement that you state that the "Chief" is Native on his mother's side and French on his father's, but then wouldn't that be the Native Nation that the mother comes through since the father is/was French?

Just some questions here too.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
Eskimo wannabe

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillrezin View Post
Are you telling me our tribe has disbanded? I am desolate.
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
Me'tis People MPPI

Not at all lol
Have you heard of the first Nations In Canada>???

And Dawson Creek Canada?

French Natives are still strong
That is why we are here lol
In response, Louis Riel and many other Métis people formed a provisional government and sent Ottawa a list of Métis rights and a demand to create the province of Manitoba. Although Ottawa refused to recognize Riel’s government, they agreed to most of its linguistic, religious, and territorial demands and, in 1870, created the province of Manitoba. However, further negotiations stalled, when Federal authorities learned of the execution of Ontarian, Thomas Scott, by Riel and his followers. Federal troops were sent to secure the new territory, which resulted in the murder of several Métis who had been involved in the execution. After being strongly advised to go into exile, Riel escaped to the United States. During the 1870s, large numbers of Métis sold their farms and moved further west to the banks of the Saskatchewan River, where they established several settlements at Batoche, located in present day Saskatchewan. When settlers started to homestead and Federal surveyors descended on the Métis once again throughout the 1870s and early 1880s, famous buffalo hunter and warrior, Gabriel Dumont, went to the United States to appeal to Louis Riel for help. Together, they formed another provisional government to recognize Métis rights to land title. The Federal government refused to negotiate, and decided instead to send a strong military force to suppress the resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neling4 View Post
Are you telling me our tribe has disbanded? I am desolate.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Now you are talking about Canada and the French Canadians and things are very different there then they are here. So in what way is it "French Natives" in the US? This is NOT Canada. I know about the French Canadian's--I've been to Kanawake and spoken with many there and I have a friend who's Cree and French Canadian and in no way does she ever say that she is a "French Native". She seperates the two distinctively.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
Me'tis People MPPI

Even though the Métis were strong fighters, they could not hold out against the better-armed soldiers and, in the spring of 1885, the uprising was brutally suppressed and Louis Riel surrendered. Riel was tried in Regina for treason and was hung on November 16, 1885. It is believed that the jury that decided Riel’s fate was created to ensure his execution. Riel himself was a French speaking Catholic and the jury chosen was a six-member English speaking Protestant jury. His fate was sealed. Gabriel Dumont escaped to the United States and eventually became a performer in Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show

In 1810 the rivalry between the North West Company and the Hudson’s Bay Company grew in intensity and became a problem for the British government. The first Métis stance was taken in 1816 during an event known today as the “Battle of Seven Oaks” whereby the Métis fought for their right to trade. The conflict over the Red River Settlement led to virtual warfare between the companies, and the final solution was the merging of the two companies in 1821. The name of the older company (Hudson’s Bay Company) was kept and there was no longer a North West Company. This merger affected many of the Métis involved in the fur trade as prices for fur were now controlled and dictated by one large company and thus resulted in a loss in income. The merger was one area that began the history of the Métis struggles with the fur trade and their current place in society.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #15
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Okay, you are giving us stories but not really answering out right the questions.

Basically what you stated so far is that the term "Me'tis" is a french word that means "Half-breed", well that's a description, not a tribe as far as my understanding of the term goes. It's not different then in many of the old English paper's where they said "It was mainly the half-breeds" and I've seen that used many times, but there is not "Tribe" calling themselves the "Half-breeds", so what Nation of NDN is this Tribe? Because you already said that if they are not French, then they are not Me'tis and I don't see how that relates since this isn't France.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #16
Me'tis People MPPI

Talking

She do's not want to admit to the white part of her .she see herself as native only, but thats ok my daughters are the same way they are Navajo and Me'tis, we raised them on the navajo res
and they speak navajo my 34 yrd old daughter did not speak english till she was 7 yrs old
The whole thing is we are here to help not only Me'its people but other natives that live here a lot are military and we all get along very fine even thow we are diffrent .nations

The reason about the me'tis here is the Us, gov. refuses to reconze who we are as a people

ok so would it be better to say im Native and French ???

That still makes me Me'tis lol no getting around the part white lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
Now you are talking about Canada and the French Canadians and things are very different there then they are here. So in what way is it "French Natives" in the US? This is NOT Canada. I know about the French Canadian's--I've been to Kanawake and spoken with many there and I have a friend who's Cree and French Canadian and in no way does she ever say that she is a "French Native". She seperates the two distinctively.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #17
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
he types like me ,i like him
Old 11-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #18
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Quote:
She do's not want to admit to the white part of her .she see herself as native only, but thats ok my daughters are the same way they are Navajo and Me'tis, we raised them on the navajo res
and they speak navajo my 34 yrd old daughter did not speak english till she was 7 yrs old
The whole thing is we are here to help not only Me'its people but other natives that live here a lot are military and we all get along very fine even thow we are diffrent .nations

The reason about the me'tis here is the Us, gov. refuses to reconze who we are as a people

Um--excuse me but she is very proud of her "French Canadian" heritage and doesn't call it by any other name but what it is 'cause she is so NOT ashamed of it. She doesn't use another word to hide what she is or who she is. And it's still not a "Tribe" as my understanding goes. And the english term is still what it is, doesn't make it a tribe, again as far as I understand it.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #19
Me'tis People MPPI

[I have a friend who's Cree and French Canadian and in no way does she ever say that she is a "French Native". She seperates the two distinctively.
This was your statement i do not say she was ashamed of the white part and im not accusing any thing or trying to cause hard feeling in no way,im sorry for the miss understanding,
we are still here as a people and human being on Mother earth we try to live toghter as a hole part and not just for ourselfs, We do not call our self as a tribe but rather a people or band as for here again in Dawson Creek their is a hole community of me'tis , im sorry you can not see how we as a people are trying to servive in this world with out conflic
with other nations one of my daughters is married to a Souix from Mission SD. Deen Bringsthem his family and others as one of my many friends,I went to cecil Blackcrow in Wamble Sd, for sundance in which i was invited to come by him and the Tail family and had no problem with me being Me'tis,
In 1999 Iwas invited to ghost dance in Shoto Montana with Orvel Looking Horse , Do you know who he is???
But I m not asking you to accept who we are ,again we are here to help others , not try to diput if we are real Natives
but i do like talking to you
Thankz
Don
Old 11-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #20
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Quote:

This was your statement to my above post and the quote about what I posted about my friend "she does not want to admit to the white part of her", that is exactly what you are saying here and it's your own words. I'm not angry, just being firm here, would be no yelling or mad faces at all.

Quote:
[I have a friend who's Cree and French Canadian and in no way does she ever say that she is a "French Native". She seperates the two distinctively.
This was your statement i do not say she was ashamed of the white part and im not accusing any thing or trying to cause hard feeling in no way,im sorry for the miss understanding,
we are still here as a people and human being on Mother earth we try to live toghter as a hole part and not just for ourselfs, We do not call our self as a tribe but rather a people or band as for here again in Dawson Creek their is a hole community of me'tis , im sorry you can not see how we as a people are trying to servive in this world with out conflic
with other nations one of my daughters is married to a Souix from Mission SD. Deen Bringsthem his family and others as one of my many friends,I went to cecil Blackcrow in Wamble Sd, for sundance in which i was invited to come by him and the Tail family and had no problem with me being Me'tis,
In 1999 Iwas invited to ghost dance in Shoto Montana with Orvel Looking Horse , Do you know who he is???
But I m not asking you to accept who we are ,again we are here to help others , not try to diput if we are real Natives
but i do like talking to you
Thankz
Don
And all of the above is nice and all, but my point here is that there is nothing wrong with your Native side at all, but if "Me'tis" means what you say and it HAS (emphasising, not yelling) to be "French" then in what way is that Native? I don't think that anyone is or would dispute your Crow side, but the French--in what way is that Native?
Sponsored Links