Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Police and Racial Profiling Police and Racial Profiling

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Police and Racial Profiling

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007 at 02:26 AM..
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I got pulled over in Michigan because some Mexicans robbed a party store and the cops pulled over anyone who looked Mexican.

Sheeeit, I don't look like no Mexican,......homes.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

windreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Post looking suspect

Pulled over for having too loud music, or basically bumping. Well, it was odd since I don't have any woofers, amp, or a new stereo? I even showed ole boy that there wasn't anything warranting his accusations, so instead of apologizing, I was warned not to turn w/out signaling. Yet, where I turned is generally considered and turning lane, since there's two lanes essentially for left and right, and since I turned right, I thought I wasn't doing anything wrong. But, this is just one of many times things seemed one sided in the wrong for natives.

A gang of us just lounging around at a gas station, and the cops roll up all tough guy like and demand we all disperse or get cited for loitering, but when we asked the guy on shift he said he didn't call the cops. A couple hours later some of us were sprinkled in w/ brighter skin tones and when the police rolled up it was nothing but smiles and greetings on their part. No aggressive vocal tones, no mean mugs, and no warnings of any kind, just a lot of, "hey how you doing."

Then another time this guy was drinking all kinds, and was white, started to talk to one of the cops for about half an hour. He was smelling like alcohol and looked under the influence, but was let go. But, it was weird that the car in front of me was tailed and stopped for being suspect of having alcohol in the car. Of course they were on their way to get alcohol, but at the time of being stopped there wasn't anything to get them pulled over, so that was a lucky draw there.

Punk police...

Tribals even got it in for natives too? Well, it seems the tribals around here are the ones who couldn't quite keep it up and qualify for state patrol. Some try out for local cops, but those who have it in for the natives that tormented them in high school usually go tribal. Now we got folks out there w/ grudges hiding behind a title of cop doing dumb stuff like singling out people for their own reasons.

Laterz,

Junior Simpson (Windreamer)
http://www.nativehiphop.net
http://windreamer.blogspot.com

Last edited by windreamer; 06-01-2005 at 05:23 PM..
windreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007 at 02:26 AM..
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 AM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

creative soaper will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down

You mean Columbus didn't die for the sins of us Indigenous?
For those that comprehend what that means I'll rest my case.
But to answer the question in 'laymans' terms;it happens every day, for which we would turn our head and wonder 'why not?' if the torment were to cease.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

twist1919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

undefined It is horrible that the police are being not fair. It just makes you think what is happening around here. It's wrong and it needs to stop. Police have no right to give inscent people tickets because other people would get away scot free. And I'm sorry but I think most people can decide between two different types of cultural's. I can distinguish between a Native American and a Mexican. That is Fact. I wish the whole world could get along. Because it would sure be peaceful.

I am from New York and the Govner is just wrong and there needs to be some peace between Him and the Native Americans because it just has to be that way. If there is no agreement between both then there will be the cost of no jobs for Native Americans and non Native Americans. I hope that i made a little sense because i can't believe white people are so wierd (in between the lines Wierd doesn't explain or say much). Why do white people hate Native Americans?
I just want to say Native Americans a the real Americans and they are cool and I love to Learn about them even if other people don't like it. Because I mother tot me to respect other's and their cultural so I respect you. I'm sorry most people don't see you as the same. Because you are like me but different in a Great way. I hope I didn't disrespect anyone by what I had said and if I did I'm Sorry!!

Twist1919

be true to your self!!!
twist1919 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links