Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Project Can-Do.Org  Crow Creek Rez Project Can-Do.Org Crow Creek Rez

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #41
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 82,072.92
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
NO they don't know because it does not fit their romantic delusions of Native America.They don't really want to know because the role they play is to be entertained by indians and not in relationship. Please excuse my being so direct but I do not think enough people outside Native community are aware or care to be.It needs talked about and more conversation between both groups have to happen.
that's just my opinion.sorry it's not such a good one.

There is hope though. there are folks who would care if only the information gets to them!!!!!
It's a great opinion because it's true. Information did get to millions last month when they aired "20/20: Children of the Plains". Because we live in the days of 24 hour media across thousands of channels and venues anything that does get out gets forgotten within a day or two.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #42
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,487.66
Savings: 1.00
20/20 Rebuttal Video - Good Children Of The Plains

And here is another message to "get out" a positive image
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #43
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Because we live in the days of 24 hour media across thousands of channels and venues anything that does get out gets forgotten within a day or two.
you're right and I am left to wonder what kinds of good and descent support could Native America get if she had her own voice to bombard the world with proper information.
That's why I get excited to see folks who are video taping and finding the ways to get info out. It is not hard for most of us on this forum to realize it has been yrs of thievery and (I believe murder) from the above mentioned electric company.But for the rest of the world-this is the first time they have heard of such a thing.
Without a voice to say otherwise, I fear we will keep hearing the same response to native problems, which is too often "those native people bring on their own demise."
What America needs is an American Indian run media network.LOL wouldn't that be something!! The news would look very different!

Amigo- what a beautiful second video.Thank you for posting what I thought drew our children in the beautiful light that they are!
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links