Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Red Lake Boys Missing Red Lake Boys Missing

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
Great Uncle Patrick

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,691.96
Savings: 1.00
Red Lake Boys Missing

Some of you may have heard about this on CNN or the national news. The boys disappeared the day before thanksgiving.

Article (with pictures of the kids) http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...ssingboysfolo/

Searchers stumped by boys' disappearance
by Tom Robertson, Minnesota Public Radio
November 27, 2006

Residents and authorities on the Red Lake Indian Reservation have had no luck finding two young brothers who've been missing since last Wednesday. So far there's no clear evidence pointing to what happened.

Even as a major ground and air search operation was called off Sunday night, authorities vow to continue looking for the boys until they are found.

Red Lake, Minn. The brothers, Tristan White, 4, and Avery Stately, 2, were last seen playing in the yard of their rural home last Wednesday morning. Federal authorities called off a five-day search of the heavily wooded area near the boys' home after it turned up no clues.

The search included hundreds of volunteers on foot and using ATVs, horses and dog teams. Divers searched nearby lakes and ponds. An unmanned aerial device shot video from the sky. But there's been no sign of the boys.

Paul McCabe, the FBI special agent in charge of the investigation, says there's no indication whether the boys wandered off or were abducted. He says investigators are looking into both possibilities.

McCabe says dozens of federal agents have been following up on tips called into the agency's hotline.

"From the 75 leads that have come in so far to date, there has been no real significant information that would lead us to Tristan or Avery," McCabe said. "Those leads have taken us throughout the greater Minnesota area, as well as several leads that have taken us back to Minneapolis. Those leads were tracked down and resolved and with no pertinent information to the case."

FBI agents are working around the clock from a command center in Red Lake. McCabe made the decision to call off the ground search, but he says the investigation will continue until the boys are found.

"We have a significant amount of agent power up here. We also have analysts that are assisting, going through those leads looking for any links or something that might generate a new lead," McCabe said. "In addition to that, we have our behavioral analysis unit from Washington D.C. here who can help in the investigation, give us clues from past historical cases."

Falling temperatures over the past few days have dimmed hopes that the boys could have survived in the woods. Red Lake Tribal Chairman Buck Jourdain says he doesn't think the young boys could have gotten far on foot. Jourdain says he thinks something else may have happened to them.

"My gut feeling is that they're not in the area that was searched. We've gone over it with a fine-toothed comb," Jourdain said. "I know there have been times when these searches have happened and they've actually passed over. But the amount of people, resources and everything, it just tells me that the boys aren't there."

Federal authorities say they'll conduct limited and pinpoint searches for the boys if new information surfaces.

FBI agent Paul McCabe says he was impressed how Red Lake and the surrounding community pulled together to help find the boys.

"The response from the community has been overwhelming. They were out there in the searches every day. And the response from greater Minnesota and the surrounding community was just absolutely outstanding," McCabe said. "Many of these people left their families on Thanksgiving Day to come search for these two boys. I commend their dedication and unselfishness in coming out here to assist law enforcement."

The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to the boys. The agency is getting help from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, tribal police and other local law enforcement agencies.
between2worlds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,408.65
Savings: 0.00
This is one of those stories that breaks your heart when you read it. In 1984, (before amber alerts and all that) my 16 year ld stepdaughter disappeared in J'ville.,fl. Because of her age, she was regarded as a runaway. A state trooper was investigating an abandoned car 3 weeks later and found her body. she was within a mile of her house. I've noticed missing kid cases since then and it seems like the majority of them are found within 2 miles of their home. I haven't kept records or anything, but if you watch the news, you'll see. We raised our son in the country, outside a small town, where everybody knws you. My son was allowed to play in the back yard relativley unsupervised because he wouldn't be seen from the road-the dog watched him when I ran in the house for something and I could watch from the windows if I didn't feel like being out. Once bitten....... These little boys are toddlers, who was watching them? A lot of people still have the mentality that those things happen to "other people". While my son was growing up, I knew that other people was us. It doesn't matter where you live-you can become "other people" at any given moment. and no matter what color you are or what your background is, it hurts like you wouldn't believe. I've been praying for that family since I heard the news. You are the only ones who can protect your kids when they are young because if you don't you will be "other people" and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
subeeds is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2006, 02:46 AM   #3
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Its things like this that make me put off being a parent. I always thought my mom was overprotective in the 70s....if I had a kid now I would have to keep him handcuffed to me 24/7 or locked in a closet until he turns 40!

My mom is a nutcase with my neice now.

its a dam shame what society is doing to people.
Really smart people who think they are smart.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,408.65
If you let the perverts of the world stop you from having kids, then they win. We have such a disposable society these days, that I think people have come to regard their kids as replaceable. Whoops!-little billy just ran in front of a semi-Oh well, we'll go see if they another one that size at Walmart. I was a boy Scout leader for several years. some of the parents thoght that BSA stood for BabySitters of America. All it takes is common sense and some watchfulness and your kids will be fine. Having our son 2 years after my stepdaughter was murdered, brought my husband back from the cloud he walked under and he has mostly been a joy in our lives. (Now that he's 20 and knows everything, I have my doubts sometimes-especially since we added him to our car insurance_LOL!) If we can stop our kids from having kids before they get a driver's license, maybe society cold avoid so much tragedy. And that's my 2 cents worth-it's time to go bead and watch football.
subeeds is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Have the boys been found yet? They quit showing it on the networks here in VA. I truly hope that they are safe. This is such a tragedy.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #6
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Save | E-mail | Print
Dec 3, 2006 8:00 am US/Central

Red Lake Case Hasn't Triggered Amber Alert
(AP) Two young brothers who disappeared outside their family's home on the Red Lake Indian Reservation have been gone ten days, but investigators said they still don't have enough information to launch an Amber Alert.

Authorities said there's still no proof that Tristan White, 4, and Avery Stately, 2, were abducted. That's needed before they can activate the emergency alert system that was created to inform law enforcement, media and the public about missing children.

Air, ground and water searches turned up no trace of the boys, and the lack of an official emergency alert has some of Minnesota's Indian leaders perplexed.

"I do believe the Amber Alert should have been put out right away," Erma Vizenor, chairwoman of the White Earth Band of Chippewa, the The Forum of Fargo, N.D.

Vizenor said that if Amber Alert standards didn't allow one in the Red Lake case, then those standards are too strict.

"When two little children are missing and everyone is looking for them and can't find them, they should put out an Amber Alert," Vizenor said.

Vernon Bellecourt, a leader of the American Indian Movement in Minneapolis, said even the possibility of an abduction should be enough to trigger an Amber Alert. He said many Indian people see a troubling pattern.

"We don't see as much energy when an Indian is dead or missing," Bellecourt said.

Vizenor said if the boys had gone missing from the White Earth reservation, she'd have been "upset and angry" if an Amber Alert wasn't issued.

But Nancy Sabin, executive director of the Jacob Wetterling Foundation, said she believes authorities made the only call they could.

"Every single parent wants an Amber Alert for their kid, and I cant blame them," Sabin said. "But to keep this effective tool effective, we cant use it every time."

The Amber Alert system is credited with playing a role in finding missing children in the 14 Minnesota cases where they've been used since 2002.

"Minnesotas got an extremely good record on Amber Alerts and not using them too much or too little," Sabin said.

Dave Bjerga, special agent in charge of the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension's Bemidji office, said all cases are treated equally, regardless of race. "This case has gotten more attention and more resources than many other missing person cases," he said.

He said the BCA, which issues Amber Alerts, have heard no complaints from Red Lake officials about how the case was handled.

The Red Lake case was getting national attention Saturday with a segment on the TV show "America's Most Wanted."

( 2006 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Old 12-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #7
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
this just breaks my heart to it really is just overwhelming, to think of those poor babies and what they went through what they may still be going through, the community, the family. omg i mean my heart just goes out. please please everyone send out your prayers lay your bundles let the smoke carry hold your bible, whatever it is
Old 12-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
Mine too. Its sickens me to think about all the negative things that could happen to them. So I try not and just hope the family finds them ALIVE and WELL!
superndngyrl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links