Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Return of Ancestors Gathering in Sedona Return of Ancestors Gathering in Sedona

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Savings: 0.00
Return of Ancestors Gathering in Sedona

Was any one from here at this gathering?
A bus load of folks from up here in Canada went the long way and saw what the hype was.
Yes the gathering was okay but not the best in many a persons eye!
First thing that they saw going wrong was that there were video cameras all over recording everything, what does NO mean to them... bigger lenses and still record, pipe ceremonies and all!

The Hopi were ticked off at this and yet no one listend!
Adam Yellowbird was there and spent way toooo much cash on helping this to suceed but see it fail with all the crap! SO still a big thank you to you Adam in case you see this. We Canadians love your music. (I for one have 2 of your cd's)

To the ones with the cameras,,, we will not let you record these ceremonies up here!
There were only about 500 souls that showed up, sad considering how many years this is aready seen. There were many representatives from many countries, many sadly on EGO trips that ruined the gathering for what it was to represent.

The Hopi were the most humble of all and to them I say an even bigger thank you for their patience with all these egotists that came to their homeland and looked down at all the others as if they were the only gods there!
The Hopi were incredible as peace keepers, again a big thank you!

Even with all this, our group says thank you for the invite and for sharing your great land with heat that was above 110 degrees in the day time and snow in the grand canyon the next morning!

To the people selling their crafts from the sides of the highways from cars or tables, we in our group were happy to buy the great things you made instead of going into the stores where everything was marked up soooooooo high.

SO all in all our group says thank you for sharing but request that next time no recording should be allowed. Hope it isn't too much to ask for.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links