Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Saponi descendants not allowed membership in NC Saponi descendants not allowed membership in NC

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #421
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
as far as rude goes.....it's not rude to go to a tribe thats using your ancestors name..try to enroll but they deny you even though even they them self say your ancestors was Saponi........but then later you go and check on the surnames they have listed for their tribe and you find out they are from tribes other than Saponi......and the others listed you find out they have no mention of being indian until recent times....so you go and ask them about how they are claiming Saponi....thats not rude....thats protecting your ancestor's tribe name.

Now what is rude...is people claiming a historical tribe...but when asked how they descend from the tribe they say...why do not have to tell anyone how we are related to that tribe.....that is rude......and it's extremely disrespectful to the other people who know exactly how they are connected to the historical tribe but are refused to be a part of the tribe using their ancestor's tribe name.

How can a person claim to be from a historical tribe but not know a thing about how they descend from that tribe????

It makes no sense.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #422
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
Because our voice is still suppressed......
And what it still boils down to wether you like it or not is every tribe/nation has the right to self determine... regardless of what "proof" you have. And outside influence won't change that. People get labled wannabes for they way they act more than anything including the way they look.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #423
Teen Dancer

ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Credits: 2,603.11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
And what it still boils down to wether you like it or not is every tribe/nation has the right to self determine... regardless of what "proof" you have. And outside influence won't change that. People get labled wannabes for they way they act more than anything including the way they look.

Well...that does not go for all the NC Saponi tribes..since I've already showed where the occaneechi Saponi's very own historian claimed the collins are probally one of us......which is weird since we was in Orange count NC nearly 70-80 years before them when the Saponi was proven to have been in the Orange county area.

Also something I'm still looking into...is I've been told that during someone's state recognigtion hearing...the collins family was brought up and called Saponi. I have not seen proof of this as of yet so to me it's still just hear say....however if that is true and that certain tribe did in fact use the Collins name and called them Saponi in their state rec hearing and that tribe was given State recognigtion for that hearing......then that tribe denys the Collins family which they mentioned.....then something is really wrong there.....and in a way if it is true (which like i said I still have not seen proof)...then the collins might have state recognition as Saponi but are currently being denied the rec.........I'm going to eventually find out the truth on this rumor.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #424
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
as far as rude goes.....it's not rude to go to a tribe thats using your ancestors name..try to enroll but they deny you even though even they them self say your ancestors was Saponi........but then later you go and check on the surnames they have listed for their tribe and you find out they are from tribes other than Saponi......and the others listed you find out they have no mention of being indian until recent times....so you go and ask them about how they are claiming Saponi....thats not rude....thats protecting your ancestor's tribe name.

Now what is rude...is people claiming a historical tribe...but when asked how they descend from the tribe they say...why do not have to tell anyone how we are related to that tribe.....that is rude......and it's extremely disrespectful to the other people who know exactly how they are connected to the historical tribe but are refused to be a part of the tribe using their ancestor's tribe name.

How can a person claim to be from a historical tribe but not know a thing about how they descend from that tribe????

It makes no sense.

I tell you what makes no sense. This thread. I came on here and asked you what was the point of your thread, what a week ago, and instead of answering basic simple questions - you posted pages and pages of other folks works! Who are you mad with? Do you know? Do they know? How???? Joe's dad asked you who are your people and what street do you live on, it took you almost 2 weeks to answer that basic question, if you did at all. Now you are now attacking me, even though you say your beef is not with my tribe, but saying to me that I don't know what I am talking about - DUDE- I DIDN'T START A THREAD ON A PUBLIC FORUM TO AIR THIS STUFF - U DID!!! I have sat back and watched how folks are trying to help, but you keep attacking everybody else and *****ing and moaning cause they are not saying what u want to hear. Give it up, dude. You have been your own worse enemy.

Here's a suggestion for you. Your information is fantastic - incredible documentation there - start your own website and help others out with their geneology. Or do like some other members that have tried to help you - write a book about your findings. But as far as carrying on this thread - it is done. This thread is now officially closed.

Have an awesome day. ACE

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread