Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues School shooting at Red Lake Mn - anyone know anything? School shooting at Red Lake Mn - anyone know anything?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 03:44 PM   #21
WillaDaKilla

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
woggs is a splendid one to beholdwoggs is a splendid one to beholdwoggs is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Maybe Miss Indian World will start a fund!? Does anyone know her?
eyelashes: eyelashes:
eyelashes
woggs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #22
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
Worried about Dopey

Has anyone heard from Dopey? Didn't she used to live on that rez? Of course my heart goes out to the entire community, but a cold shiver went up my spine when I realized I may know someone from the area. She's not in high school, but as they said, the whole community is affected from this travesty.
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #23
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
im sure paul will set soething up here...
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #24
Pow Wow Visitor

BlackHorseButte is an unknown quantity at this point
Neo-Nazi

Must have been one of the 91 white people then, I guess that answers that question.
BlackHorseButte is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 04:31 PM   #25
Head Singing Judge

Kiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 390.00
This is a very scary and tragic event. My home rez is less than two hours away from here and it scares me thinking that a tragedy like this can maybe influence other depressed Native American kids here at home.
My own reserve is in a state of emergency at the moment. Within the past three years there have been 7 suicides and 26 suicide attempts.
Im afraid that troubled youth on my reserve might see the Red Lake shootings and copy the events.
We are all the same people and to see this tragedy has the potential to bring us togethor in a good way and even in a bad way.
talk to your kids, show em you love them. We can all work to avoid ths tragic event from happening again.

miigwetch

Last edited by ojibway_tribe; 03-22-2005 at 04:33 PM..
Kiiwedinong is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #26
Head Singing Judge

Kiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond reputeKiiwedinong has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 390.00
I think you can donate money through Wells Fargo.
Kiiwedinong is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #27
Sidesteppin' Queen

nigig_ikwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorseButte
Anybody know if we can donate money to the victims families to assist with burial expenses? Would that go through the tribe? anybody know?
All Donations & Care Packages should be sent to:

Red Lake Tribal Council
C/O Leah Perkins
P.O.Box 574
Red Lake, MN 56671

You may also contact her or The Crisis Center personally
to verify this Information if you wish at:
Crisis Center- 1-218-679-4285
or
Leah Perkins at 1-218-679-3341
nigig_ikwe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #28
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigig_ikwe
All Donations & Care Packages should be sent to:

Red Lake Tribal Council
C/O Leah Perkins
P.O.Box 574
Red Lake, MN 56671

You may also contact her or The Crisis Center personally
to verify this Information if you wish at:
Crisis Center- 1-218-679-4285
or
Leah Perkins at 1-218-679-3341

Thankyou for posting info
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 06:44 PM   #29
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
The kid is indian not white he wrote in the neo nazi website about interracial dating and relationships and how bad it was for indian people to be mixing with white people.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:05 PM   #30
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
This is such a horrendous thing to happen...I can not even really believe - you can see that kids face and he looks so much in pain....tragic.

Prayers to the community - all those involved....completely uncalled for and tragic....

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 07:18 PM   #31
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gache
The kid is indian not white he wrote in the neo nazi website about interracial dating and relationships and how bad it was for indian people to be mixing with white people.

Whaaaa?? whats this Neo Nazi thing??? I dont understand, am I missing sumthing?.. I have seen this twice now, this neo nazi reference...

Why Oh why must sum people jump to conclusions of why things like this happpen and then label it.... Its tragic sad and totally unnecessary...
These are children!!! OUR children!!! OUR fututre and they need our help not the negativity they face everyday!!

My prayers are with the families and the community that is affected by this...
Old 03-22-2005, 07:19 PM   #32
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Quote:
Must have been one of the 91 white people then, I guess that answers that question.
You should think before you mis-speak. From the photo I have seen of this kid, he looks like any other native kid. From what I have read this kid had a very, very rough life, and who knows what was going through his mind. Yes, this can happen anywhere, in any community, at any time. It's the sign of the times, and it doesn't stop at the borders of our reservations, or villages. It saddens me greatly; I have a son who is 15, and I think about all the issues he deals with, especially the fact that he is very talented on the computer and such. I would pray and hope that no body would ever have to go through the pain of having your child killed at school, or on the street, or even at home. There is no excuse for what this kid did. I would advise everyone to keep the Red Lake people in there prayers and hearts, and remember we are all responsible as a society for these types of tragedies. I would encourage people to donate to these families, so they can have an easier time in burying their loved ones...
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #33
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
there have been some pro nazi indians from canada on this very website not too long ago too. How that works I dont know but the situation is that native communites are so ravaged by problems this was bound to happen its a credit to native people that it doesnt more often. This kid lost so much and it seems no one reached out to him. Reach out to our people.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #34
Cloud Dancer

Thankyou Gache and Wocus Woman...
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 PM   #35
Divine_Isolation

lumbee21 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
very stupid of you for saying this.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #36
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Update

Hi
Here is the update goto http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7259823/ for the info.
Migwetch, WPD
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 06:35 AM   #37
Pow Wow Visitor

BlackHorseButte is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbee21
very stupid of you for saying this.

I don't believe it was "Stupid" of me saying that. When i made that post the information that was available stated the kid was a neo-nazi. In my years of experience in law enforcement I have never heard of "Pro-Minority", or however you want to word it, Neo-Nazi. Stupid is a pretty harsh term to use, perhaps naive would have been better. However like I said, I put that post on there with the info that was provided. Now, seeing the updated information and seeing the photograph of the kid, I obviously was wrong to come up with that conclusion. Either way it doesn't really matter what race he was and shame on me for even making an issue out of it.
BlackHorseButte is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #38
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gache
there have been some pro nazi indians from canada on this very website not too long ago too. How that works I dont know but the situation is that native communites are so ravaged by problems this was bound to happen its a credit to native people that it doesnt more often. This kid lost so much and it seems no one reached out to him. Reach out to our people.
I know who Gache is talking about ;)

It's disconcerting that despite the magnitude of this tragedy - Native's on this very thread still find the nerve to try and verbally attack one another because of comments they have made or beliefs they posess.

Let's try to focus on the bigger picture and momentarily dismiss our incessant need to prove ourselves right - because this whole situation is wrong.

It's heartbreaking to know that one of our own was so disgruntled/depressed/manic (whatever the case may be) that he had to take it out on a dozen of our own. We've got it bad enough on the rezzes (Red Lake is a few hours from my own) now this particular community will be subject to many more years of hardship.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:12 AM   #39
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 367.44
Right on Jibbs!

I have a couple questions:

Can anyone make a new ribbon that we can "wear" on this site in support of Red Lake? I was thinking maybe with red at the top and gradually changing to black at the bottom. If you can make one please submit it to Paul G.

My other question is - where is G Dub? Has anyone seen, heard, read any comments from him regarding this terrible incident.
Our Premier (of Manitoba) has offered aid to Red Lake - our National Chiefs have expressed their sorrow - where's the president?
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #40
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Good questions SE!

I think I sense yet another intense deliberation between, you me and Gotchie haha!

Well good old G Dubbz had to be called away from vacation to to attend to the matter of the woman in Florida who's feeding tube was removed because she has been in a severe vegetative state for the last decade or so and her husband insists that she would not want to exist this way.

Funny that he comes to the rescue of someone who essentially wants to die - yet can't offer a condolence or two to a community (and ultimately a Nation) that lost a dozen in a senseless act.