Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should American Indians support the GRAMMYS?
Yes American Indians should support the Grammys. 8 29.63%
No. American Indians should not support the Grammys. 19 70.37%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Should American Indians support the GRAMMYS? Should American Indians support the GRAMMYS?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #1
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Savings: 0.00
Question Should American Indians support the GRAMMYS?

______

In response to the recent portrayal of Indian people by "Best Album of the Year" winner OutKast in this year's GRAMMY awards,

SHOULD AMERICAN INDIAN PEOPLE SUPPORT NEXT YEAR'S GRAMMYS?

I have heard both sides:

YES: Indian people should be recognized for their music on the national level. Many people have worked very hard to get the catagory of Indian Music into the Grammys. It is time our musical contributions stand side-by-side with other types of music and performing artists. The groups that are nominated reflect the finest representation of American Indian music.

OR

NO: The Grammys are more interested in showing negative stereotypical images of American Indians than "REAL Indian people." On the last two Grammy shows, it barely showed the winners of the Indian catagory-which is listed under the "folk music" catagory. The Indians who are nominated in the Grammys is limited and "does not include" more worthy groups because of their exclusive selection process.

____

How do YOU feel about this?

Last edited by WhoMe; 02-23-2004 at 12:14 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
Ole Heathen

Badmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Re: Should American Indians support the GRAMMYS?

Quote:
Originally posted by WhoMe
______

In response to the recent portrayal of Indian people by "Best Album of the Year" winner OutKast in this year's GRAMMY awards,

SHOULD AMERICAN INDIAN PEOPLE SUPPORT NEXT YEAR'S GRAMMYS?

I have heard both sides:

YES: Indian people should be recognized for their music on the national level. Many people have worked very hard to get the catagory of Indian Music into the Grammys. It is time our musical contributions stand side-by-side with other types of music and performing artists. The groups that are nominated reflect the finest representation of American Indian music.

OR

NO: The Grammys are more interested in showing negative stereotypical images of American Indians than "REAL Indian people." On the last two Grammy shows, it barely showed the winners of the Indian catagory-which is listed under the "folk music" catagory. The Indians who are nominated in the Grammys is limited and "does not include" more worthy groups because of their exclusive selection process.

____

How do YOU feel about this?
Why the hell not? They're the only ones in the mainstream who even recognize Native music. Those who object to the OutKast dog and pony show can always respond the way Marlon Brando did. He refused to show up for his own Oscar because of his objections to the way Hollywood portrays Indians.
Badmutha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
Smell my cookin'

The Rock has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 40.00
Thumbs down

The grammys??

I'm not gonna do flips to change things with them. It's a non-indian institution with non-indian ideals and no matter what they're always gonna misunderstand Indians and especially Indian music. Not to mention that the winners would be decided by a non-Indian majority.

It's just a statue. A look at the past nominees can seal the deal for you there (not all of them mind you, but there have been some where I'm like "What the heck??"). When Tom Bee and Douglas Spotted Eagle took the first one for an album they didn't have any artistic involvement in whatsoever and they couldn't even thank the artists that did, Indians took note. They have the statue, but they lost respect all over Indian country. Sure they sold a lot of copies of the record after that, but none of the drum groups on it saw anything from that.

It's a sham.

Let's call it the Native American Shammy.

Rock
The Rock is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2004, 03:34 PM   #4
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
I dont think that natives should support the grammy's because they still think we dress up like pocahontas shaking our asses and that everyone taps their mouths to hoot and hollar.

Besides how can they judge pow-wow singers and round dance singers when so many non-natives listen to our music and ask what are they saying and whats the difference in the beat?

And how can they lump pow-wow music in with the flute players, rock/blues singers and other styles? Just because we're all native does not mean our songs fall under one category.

I agree with calling the Grammy's the Shammy's.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:33 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

Skuya is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm with the Rock and superndngyrl. The Grammy's wouldn't know real Indian talent if it beat the **** of them. It's like a Boy Scout pow-wow. They throw in a coupla real Indian groups just to make it look legit and then give it to the white guy. What's up with that?? Doh...shouldna went there... But I guess, yeah, that's what I mean.
Skuya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-29-2004, 08:48 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

the-grass-punk is an unknown quantity at this point
i got an idea how about we all dress up like pilgrams next year and square dance or dress like african people and do there dances and make fun of them or what ever the hell they do

it would be nice

laughter is the most powerful thing in the world
the-grass-punk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2004, 02:33 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

Rain Man Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to continue to support the Native category in next year's Grammys because it's not going to go away and I want other deserving groups to be nominated. I would like to see another Native category so that traditional and contempory music could both be represented and not have to compete against each other.
The only way to change it is for us to lobby our Native recording companys to join the Recording Academy and submit the best recordings for consideration. We also need to get our Native singers, musicians and others to join the recording academy so that they can vote for the best in Native music and not have non-natives and others who are not familiar with native music choose who is the best.
The more Natives we get to join, the better it will be for the rest of the up and coming groups to get a chance to have their music heard and appreciated. Also we won't have to worry about having another Outkast performance that pizzes us off.
I would one day love to see one of our drum groups across the stage with their hand drums bringing the crowd to it's feet while I sit back in my living room with a lump in my throat.

Dan
Rain Man Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2004, 03:07 PM   #8
Junior Dancer

cougarwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
No way! they'll get no support from this NDN! they have done nothing over the years but degrade us and make us look like a bunch of heathens. They can stick the Grammy where the sun dont shine! cougie
Old 03-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #9
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
Quote:
Originally posted by Rain Man Dan
I'm going to continue to support the Native category in next year's Grammys because it's not going to go away and I want other deserving groups to be nominated. I would like to see another Native category so that traditional and contempory music could both be represented and not have to compete against each other.
The only way to change it is for us to lobby our Native recording companys to join the Recording Academy and submit the best recordings for consideration. We also need to get our Native singers, musicians and others to join the recording academy so that they can vote for the best in Native music and not have non-natives and others who are not familiar with native music choose who is the best.
The more Natives we get to join, the better it will be for the rest of the up and coming groups to get a chance to have their music heard and appreciated. Also we won't have to worry about having another Outkast performance that pizzes us off.
I would one day love to see one of our drum groups across the stage with their hand drums bringing the crowd to it's feet while I sit back in my living room with a lump in my throat.

Dan

gotta watch the grammy's ... gotta watch the grammy's... *rocks in place* grammy's yea grammys... ;)
Old 03-14-2004, 10:46 PM   #10
Artist and Entrepreneur

warhoop is a jewel in the rough
I have to agree with Cougie. Take it and shove it way up there and turn it sideways.:p
Old 03-16-2004, 01:00 AM   #11
Tiny Tot Dancer

hummingrose can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by The Rock
The grammys??
I'm not gonna do flips to change things with them. It's a non-indian institution with non-indian ideals and no matter what they're always gonna misunderstand Indians and especially Indian music. Not to mention that the winners would be decided by a non-Indian majority.

It's just a statue. A look at the past nominees can seal the deal for you there (not all of them mind you, but there have been some where I'm like "What the heck??"). When Tom Bee and Douglas Spotted Eagle took the first one for an album they didn't have any artistic involvement in whatsoever and they couldn't even thank the artists that did, Indians took note. They have the statue, but they lost respect all over Indian country. Sure they sold a lot of copies of the record after that, but none of the drum groups on it saw anything from that.
It's a sham.
Let's call it the Native American Shammy.
Rock
let's remember that us Natives are the very least majority in the United States. We are not going to be equally represented. There are lots of catagories on the grammy's that are not shown on t.v. there just isn't enough time. Those people understand, why can't you? Not as many people are interested in Native American music as they are Hip Hop, Rock, or Country. Those three catagories are obviously shown a lot more than any others. The grammy's cater to their audience. If you are talking about how Natives are represented in Hollywood, then, well look at every other minority. Every stereotype for every other minority is used in Hollywood; even white sterotypes are used, (let's not be naive.) Let's not segregate ourselves as victims. We are better than that!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 PM   #12
Smell my cookin'

The Rock has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 40.00
Quote:
Originally posted by hummingrose
let's remember that us Natives are the very least majority in the United States. We are not going to be equally represented. There are lots of catagories on the grammy's that are not shown on t.v. there just isn't enough time. Those people understand, why can't you? Not as many people are interested in Native American music as they are Hip Hop, Rock, or Country. Those three catagories are obviously shown a lot more than any others. The grammy's cater to their audience. If you are talking about how Natives are represented in Hollywood, then, well look at every other minority. Every stereotype for every other minority is used in Hollywood; even white sterotypes are used, (let's not be naive.) Let's not segregate ourselves as victims. We are better than that!
There's no mention of Hollywood anywhere in this thread so throw that right out of this conversation. I'm not sure where you came up with that. If you reread my post my point is only that the Grammy's is a non-indian institution. Those that vote on the winners are almost entirely non-Indian and never ever listen to most of the genres of music offered by Indians and are unqualified judges (they just don't know what sounds good to us). Therefore, in the whole scheme of things winning a grammy in the Native American category really doesn't mean anything and it's never gonna.

So I'm just sayin' I'm not gonna do flips to support them. I'm not saying it's bad. They can give out all the awards they want, I'm just not naive enough to believe that non-Indians know what Indian music should sound like.

If it really meant that much then more would join the recording academy. It's an easy process. You just have to have your name appear on some music that's produced and sold and that can qualify you to join, yet few have and those that have will tell ya it doesn't do a whole hell of a lot for ya. Indian music's just not meant for awards I guess, but it goes along with being taught that you sing for the people and not for yourself. I choose to stick to that fundamental. Educate yourself hummingrose.
The Rock is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2004, 08:27 PM   #13
Teen Dancer

CactusButt is a name known to all
Quote:
You know Hummingrose, you are starting to annoy me with your posts. You keep saying stuff similar to what you said in this post. Why are you so negative? You are acting like everyones mother, I think that the majority of the posts on this thread are just people saying whether or not they should support the grammy's I don't think anyone is trying to be a victim. So does your "those people understand, why can't you?" comment apply to every other injustice Native peoples have suffered in this country? Are you one of those people who think that Natives should "Just get over it" regarding the Nation that was stolen from them, the ancestors that were beaten, raped, killed or shoved off their land onto reservations to fend for themselves or starve?

I hate the grammy's anyway's it is just a popularity contest run by popular people. Boring, old, and never fun, exiting, fresh or intriguing. I have watched the grammy's 1/2 a time, and won't ever watch it again.
CactusButt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2004, 11:31 PM   #14
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Quote:
Man you really are dumb. Seriously.

I'm at loss for words, I dont think I've ever read such dorkism in my entire life! Man, Seriously, some peoples kids.....I swear, theres one in every discussion......two in this one actually.... :Chatter
RainyDaze49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2004, 11:35 PM   #15
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
You know something, If I ever won a grammy, I would get up there and say

Wait a minute, you cant be a native american and win a grammy for Best New Artists without being a sell out somehow, ennit? Never mind. *sits down and hopes no one heard her*

Ef you Grammys!
RainyDaze49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2004, 05:15 PM   #16
Tiny Tot Dancer

hummingrose can only hope to improve
Actually it's not dumb... it's common sense. duh!!! :duhh:
Old 04-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #17
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
I dont support the Grammys fer One simple FACT....

the FACT that music and entertainment has all been sold OUT so to speak...

There arent too many true artists these days...

lets see what does it taked to become a recognized artist...

1. Physical looks.... implants, lypo suction, makeup team, hair team and many hours available to just sit there.. and be groomed like a dog..

2. Comupter equipment to hide the fact that ya cant sing... to enhance your already sukie voice... and to take the blemishes off your already molded skin.. and to make ya appear as tho your flawless..

3.Above ALL... Money to do the afore mentioned.

The grammies are NOT based on who we think should win but rather who has the most CD's sold and the Most CDs boughten from a certain artist is based on PR... Public relations . Whos being promoted the most... what tactics are used to promote these people. the actual competition is between the producers of such artists... and some artists are willingly agreeing to attack thier own integrity to get where they want.. willing to do what it takes... Maybe its, that OUR Native artists refuse to sell out.. refuse to be made fools of like these so called hip hop artists that only care about the Dolla and actually seeling thier sexauality rather than thier own Ideas...

So when we look at it that way.. we will notice that our own children are the ones who determine who will win... what cd's do your kids have in thier stereos? Do you promote you OWN native artists?? Are you exposing your children to wonderful works such as these or do you just hand your child the 20 dollas and let them go buy what they think is music?

I think if there are people that want Native people MORE exposed in the industry than promote thier music.. if youre a fan than help them promote. Help people become aware of thier works... spread the word.

Im not pointing fingers.. but to take this whole gramy thing to a stereotypical racial level is silly... No one is segregating our Native artists.. I just dont think our Native artists are sell outs; they would rather keep thier integrity than become something they are NOT just to make a quick $$. Besides all the major winners are BLACK.... so NO it isnt the white artist cashing in lately.. rather Blacks that have set the fashion standard of what is in and what is NOT... why do you think ALL teens are walkin around in baggy pants... skanky tops and skirts.. the bandanas, the trends which you see are not NEW trends... rather fashion and trend that has been recycled and revamped to fit modern times....

the ironic thing is.. we as Adults and parents complain about hip hop culture but we help support the industry by buyin thier products just so our kids wont get laffed at or teased at school ; so that our kids will fit in... Im guilty of it just as any other parent is.

I tell my friends all the time, keep doing what you do best write your songs your poems... dance your dances.. eventually people will take notice.. things dont happen over night... and if we do belive in our artists than we will support them by buying thier tapes cd's and whatever. The music industry these days isnt about talent but rather about what you already have ... who do you know and how much $$ you willing to part with in order to make it? and its NOT just money that you part with.. you part with the REAL you. Its amazing how quickly people ferget when they finally do make it to the top.. take Jenny from the bloc.. LMAO... I dont see her back in the ghetto giving to her people.

I think our Native people are still very ground rooted.. it is hard to pull us away from where we came from.. we are not willing to sacrifice what we already have for what we dont have and May not even get. We Do NOT value our worth by what we have but rather by what we do. so with that said.. I feel our Native artists are doing just fine and are content with thier place in the lime light. It is Artist such as these that will pave the way for our future artists.. set new standards in an industry that strips people of their self worth and dignity. Our Artists will be the ones to bring pride back into music, fashion, drama... whatever it may be.. and for those wanting to good.. well we know ALL good things take time and those good things will last forever. Id rather see artists take thier time than sell out cause they dont have the patience and can only sniff out the gold nugget.

Last edited by AngelFeather; 04-18-2005 at 03:20 PM..
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #18
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
__

Man this is an old thread. I remember going on our local tv station speaking out for our local community how insulting the GRAMMY OutKast performance was to Indian people. (Notice that I didn't say "all Indian people").

Because,

I'm sure there are a few Indian people who saw the GRAMMYs that year and say "I wasn't insulted. I think OutKast was dignifying Indian people by trying to represent them"

Anyways,

as of this post, there is a 5 to 1 ratio of powwows.com readers - who do not support the GRAMMY's.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:15 PM   #19
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Even though this thread started a long time ago......

I can't say I feel Natives should or should support the Grammys. I can't say I support it or not. Because I listen to more than just Native music.

My position is this. I hold nominees and winners of Nammies in higher regard then I do nominees and winners of Grammies. I think a Nammy means more, because our own picked the nominees and winners. But if I were an artist, or knew someone who is an artist, I would be glad to see them get nominated and possible win a Grammy.

Last edited by kiyaanii mom; 04-20-2005 at 03:20 PM..
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2005, 05:56 PM   #20
ElleC

Panther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond reputePanther11Gurl has a reputation beyond repute
Why shouldn't Native support the Grammys... over and over throughout the media that has presented and flase image of Native Music. Now I think that this is a way to change that Native music is no way phony, but then again I don't think that other people that do not understand the music can judge it.
Panther11Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links