Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree101Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues The Term Native American and Indigenous Peoples the Caribbean and Lat. America The Term Native American and Indigenous Peoples the Caribbean and Lat. America

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2018, 12:59 AM   #61
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
JiuJitsuFighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 795.86
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenFromTheSun View Post
You're just sharing news with us? If so, I'm glad you've confirmed your ancestral culture! Or is there perhaps any major, unidentified ancestry from your Native American side like me? I only traced a fragment of that side of my ancestry, unfortunately...

Do you agree with my view on the whole subject?
What I meant was, I dont really care what anyone else thinks if they consider me Native, ndn, Native american or whatever title they wanna give an indigenous person. My people are Maya, and thats what I'am.
And I totally see your point.
Our people are south of the U.S., we have our own ways. They have theirs here in the U.S.
Have you tried looking through ancestry's records? they have alot.Ive also used familysearch.com.
The records will sometimes refer to your family members as indigenous or on their census records they say "maya, yaqui, zapoteco" and so on and so on.
JiuJitsuFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #62
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 107,231.79
Savings: 1.00
"I'm white and I'm proud".

"Yes, but who are you?".
wardancer likes this.
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #63
Pow Wow Visitor

Red Heathen is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 229.66
Question POSSIBLE CLOSURE in OPEN DISCLOSURE

Hey there Children of the Sun. I don't remember having ever posted on this forum. Then again, I don't have a great memory. I don't even remember what we discussed on CV the other day other than it had something to do with this thread and native sites.

I'm not sure if you were being facetious with me or not. ??? without ill intent for sure, if that is the case, but still, I'm not sure...

I'm not sure if you are trying to call me out or not, either. Hmm, well, to be completely open about something that I have issue with discussing because I think it should be a nonissue (depending on how devoted you are to your families), I am biracial. Open disclosure. I see it as bullscheisse, but to each his own. My father is native. My mother is not. Godz forgive me please. hahaha

I can't science today. I'm sorry. My brain is on "F*** you I'm taking a vacation rn" mode. Due to union restrictions, I can't force it back to work without the likely risk of a full blown strike. I wasn't even allowed to SKIM the science and political words. I noticed that there was a word having to do with race and...I don't even remember...something about possible scientific research results. I smelled smoke and then saw some leaking from the ear area, and OSHA shut us down. Brain said it's having nothing to do with that ish and packed its bags. Only the gods know where it went. Most likely some exotic, pacific isle where men do the hulu in tiny grass skirts and pour dubious amounts of alcohol down my, uh, its throat.

OK so. YES IT IS TRUE. I AM BIRACIAL. For all that is good in this world, I AM BIRACIAL AND I AM PROUD.

IDK, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, and I think it is highly probable that I did. I'm just simply no longer in the DNA mood; I'm sorry, my friend. As you can see, I'm just going to make jokes. I came to the site via the link you gave me and read what you wrote, etc. I then read the OP and answered it.

In all honesty, I'm sick of answering to non-native - anything. I'm sick of black people saying they were the frist native americans. I'm sick of appropriation. I'm sick of caring about racism. I'm sick of DNA crap because it's jut more to separate us.

I fully comprehend what you are saying. I do know the diff between tribe and race. I just don't give a **** atm. I might tomorrow. I did yesterday (metaphorical yesterday). I might even care right now, but I am so disconnected from caring at the moment that I don't know if I really care or not. I hate assholes regardless of skin tone. I hate that we need to ahve this discussion. I hate that I used the grab button and stretched this screen too wide to fix and now I am typing in an area that I can't see so I probably have mistyped words littered throughout my reply.

Thank you for including me in the topic. I can easily shared my limited, although apathy influenced, opinion, but I cannot share any enlightenment or educated discussion. I can easily say what first pops in my mind, but I cannot for the life of me say anything worthy of anyone's time. I have digressed to the point of reading Star Wars FANFIC, Force help me, but the depravity of the explicit stories more than makes up for it.

Yes, my friends. I have succumbed to the base levels of existence and might need to retire from this conversation. I'll wait to hear back from you to find out if I am allowed to stay or not.

All the best, and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Why isn't there a burning sweet grass emoji?

Last edited by Red Heathen; 03-24-2018 at 01:23 PM..
Red Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2018, 05:08 PM   #64
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 91,795.72
Savings: 1.00
Well, I've been searching for Aztlan for decades, still not found. How about Anahuac?
Old 04-02-2018, 02:14 AM   #65
Pow Wow Visitor

I'd like to apologize for my last post. I had severe insomnia. When I'm in that state, everything is a joke to me. I'm sorry for not only getting off track but also for losing the train in the process.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:56 PM   #66
Tiny Tot Dancer

ChildrenFromTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,077.23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuJitsuFighter View Post
What I meant was, I dont really care what anyone else thinks if they consider me Native, ndn, Native american or whatever title they wanna give an indigenous person. My people are Maya, and thats what I'am.
And I totally see your point.
Our people are south of the U.S., we have our own ways. They have theirs here in the U.S.
Have you tried looking through ancestry's records? they have alot.Ive also used familysearch.com.
The records will sometimes refer to your family members as indigenous or on their census records they say "maya, yaqui, zapoteco" and so on and so on.
Oh, well fair enough.

As for ancestral records, that's a great idea. I'm not sure if they can trace records from Mexico though. That's were the indigenous records for my family may reside. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with knowing at least one of the Native American cultures I descend from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
Well, I've been searching for Aztlan for decades, still not found. How about Anahuac?
I found directions to Aztlan: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tr...=en&authuser=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Heathen View Post
I'd like to apologize for my last post. I had severe insomnia. When I'm in that state, everything is a joke to me. I'm sorry for not only getting off track but also for losing the train in the process.
I'll admit, it's quite amusing to see you in such a state and I bet IRL too
ChildrenFromTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2018, 11:31 PM   #67
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:

I'll admit, it's quite amusing to see you in such a state and I bet IRL too
Then you must love the posts I've made on CV lately, lol.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:46 PM   #68
Tiny Tot Dancer

ChildrenFromTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,077.23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Heathen View Post
Then you must love the posts I've made on CV lately, lol.
I didn't exactly observe and read your posts completely, but I can tell you're really into Star Wars discussions, huh?
ChildrenFromTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2018, 01:06 AM   #69
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
I didn't exactly observe and read your posts completely, but I can tell you're really into Star Wars discussions, huh?
Fortuitous or ironic, but the timing of you asking this was neatly synced with a comment I made on fb a couple hours ago:

(my comment from elsewhere just moments ago)
#fandom #thatASDlife

my life is no longer focused on that but instead is focused on star wars. i must have an obsession, and if i must obsess, then i must obsess over the obsessable. ible. eble. that thing which is worth obsessing over.
ChildrenFromTheSun likes this.
Sponsored Links