Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Think I'm in the process of being "railroaded? Think I'm in the process of being "railroaded?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
chet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 334.96
Savings: 0.00
Think I'm in the process of being "railroaded?

I work for a government contracting corporation supporting the military. I'm the only native American I've ever met who works for this outfit and I've been with them for a little over 18 years.
When I first started a few of the fellow workers let slip some racist comments about "indians" but I let them know that there'd be a price to pay and my head bosses were pretty good people so that stuff stopped.
Now both of the head guys have passed away and I have a couple of people who I have doubts about in charge.
I was sent on a work trip recently and I think someone sabatoged my work laptop so I was unable to do my job properly. I think the head guy had someone mess my laptop up on purpose to make me look bad.
I kind of got subtle hints about being let go when I got back. I'm a year from being able to retire and would like to finish it out, retire and go to another company.

What can I do?
chet69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
Savings: 1.00
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Be careful
u know your job and see if your being offer a early retirement package and alert the labor bored or just get a lawyer

sorry that this is happening to you
Old 10-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet69 View Post
I work for a government contracting corporation supporting the military. I'm the only native American I've ever met who works for this outfit and I've been with them for a little over 18 years.
When I first started a few of the fellow workers let slip some racist comments about "indians" but I let them know that there'd be a price to pay and my head bosses were pretty good people so that stuff stopped.
Now both of the head guys have passed away and I have a couple of people who I have doubts about in charge.
I was sent on a work trip recently and I think someone sabatoged my work laptop so I was unable to do my job properly. I think the head guy had someone mess my laptop up on purpose to make me look bad.
I kind of got subtle hints about being let go when I got back. I'm a year from being able to retire and would like to finish it out, retire and go to another company.

What can I do?
Let me ask you this, would you really want to continue working for people that you don't trust or even like?

If you were me, I'd be getting my resume/CV updated and firing it off to some head hunting firms and seriously looking for a new job now. If your present company lets you go or fires you, what do you think your chances of getting a new job would be? Do it on your own timetable not theirs.

If you think you could manage it, why not tender for the contracts they have now? Unless you signed a no competition agreement that is, then that would be difficult.

I understand that in the US right now with the economic downturn that any crappy job is better than no job but you won't know what's out there unless you get out there.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. ó Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Champion Dancer

Items SwordTreasure Chest
Stands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond repute
Stands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond reputeStands Alone has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 26,093.49
If I were you I'd check into early retirement and get the ball rolling before your reputation would be ruined, this way you'd still be getting some money and not look bad for your next path to follow.
Stands Alone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,135.17
Back everything up onto a second laptop so if they screw with the main one you just pull out the second one and continue with work and you don't let the secondary one out of your sight, take it home, lock it in a safe etc... Or you create a secondary account on the laptop with a different password so that people can't mess with those files... easily...

Also write down and record as much info as possible, even a hidden camera if it doesn't violate government security regulations.

Also get a lawyer!

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Quote:

What can I do?
You are doing work for Department of Defense, and are covered by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Nowadays this is called the Office of Diversity & Civil Rights (DCR).

Google for EEO / EEOC /DCR Contact numbers covering your activity to speak with an advisor. Once you request EEO mediation over any matter, further incidents against you will become acts of Retaliation; an even stronger charge of workplace harassment.

The EEO advisors will contact the managers in your division to discuss your concerns. It might not completely "fix" other peoples' behavior, but it puts managers in a position of having to take corrective measures, or they will get in trouble.

Be careful they don't try to turn your complaint against you, charge you with misuse of the laptop, or careless security of your laptop. They will ask how & when could a person have had access to your laptop with or without your knowledge & consent.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

chet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to beholdchet69 is a splendid one to behold
I don't have admin rights to change my laptop so I couldn't have messed it up myself. I have confided in several close friends about the situation and will show them what's going wrong with my laptop.

Good advice on the EEO etc. Thanks!

I'd like to try to stick it out since I have less than a year to go to get a pension. I may try to get a lump sum out of it.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #8
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
KILL THE white MAN!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #9
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't have admin rights to change my laptop so I couldn't have messed it up myself. I have confided in several close friends about the situation and will show them what's going wrong with my laptop.
Do you want admin rights on your laptop... hehehe This is me >

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Btt

Is that supposed to be funny?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
I pull your leg out!

Yes it is
Old 10-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #12
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it is.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 10-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Not funny.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
I pull your leg out!

What is it not funny? I can crack a Windows password in under a minute, tell you what it is and you can change it right before you go away so they can't screw with it and when you get back you can change it back to the original... LOL

Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
If you think you are the only one who has ever faced racial discrimination in the workplace, you are sadly mistaken. I'm 57 and have have had hair past my shoulders over 40 years of my life. I've had beautiful dark brown skin all my life.

I have worked for major corporations for twenty-four of my thirty-five year work career. At the first sign of any crude remarks, I'll set them straight. We can settle it any way you want other than going through the system.

Seems like you didn't put a stop to any discriminatory remarks to begin with. Why is that?

As far as retirement, those are iffy situations during our economic crisis. What have you done to prepare yourself for a financial crisis? Here's my opinion. No company owes you anything other than an hour's pay for an hour's work. If you think they owe you anythig else, you are sadly mistaken.

What are you looking for? Sympathy?

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 10-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I've had beautiful dark brown skin all my life.
don't brag about it or anything J.D.

^^^^ - thinks he's too muss for this thread... :P

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess View Post
don't brag about it or anything J.D.

^^^^ - thinks he's too muss for this thread... :P
I've seen ur pic and u ain't no slouch!!!

She's like candy...LOL!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #18
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
What is it not funny? I can crack a Windows password in under a minute, tell you what it is and you can change it right before you go away so they can't screw with it and when you get back you can change it back to the original... LOL
I doubt that.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #19
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
If you think you are the only one who has ever faced racial discrimination in the workplace, you are sadly mistaken. I'm 57 and have have had hair past my shoulders over 40 years of my life. I've had beautiful dark brown skin all my life.

I have worked for major corporations for twenty-four of my thirty-five year work career. At the first sign of any crude remarks, I'll set them straight. We can settle it any way you want other than going through the system.

Seems like you didn't put a stop to any discriminatory remarks to begin with. Why is that?

As far as retirement, those are iffy situations during our economic crisis. What have you done to prepare yourself for a financial crisis? Here's my opinion. No company owes you anything other than an hour's pay for an hour's work. If you think they owe you anythig else, you are sadly mistaken.

What are you looking for? Sympathy?
I'm not going to let them run over me without a fight. Maybe you'd do that.

You have to use your head in these situations- use thier sytem against them.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #20
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Quote:
I doubt that.
I don't. Toolbox is in the know of things of that nature.....

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links