Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Two-Spirit People Two-Spirit People

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #101
Kimimila

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 613.44
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by between2worlds
My understanding is that the "gray" ones are given by people who haven't gotten enough green ones to give any points away yet.

The "bad" rep are red.
Oh...ok, thanks. Well I don't have any of those red ones so that is good. I guess I haven't made anyone mad enough yet lol.....But seriously, people should not be giving out bad reps unless a post is way over the line offensive. That's my opinion anyway.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #102
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Powwows.com education time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCotau
I have to ask a completely unrelated question. TKMJ, what does a bad rep point look like? Sorry to be a dunce and off topic here but I am really curious. Someone gave me a point that is grey (not green like the others) and I was suspicious of that one but I did not know what it meant. I am still fairly new to pw so sometimes I need clarification on things. My apologies to everyone for interrupting the topic flow.
TKMJ, I think that stinks about the bad rep point for you. Some people just like to nit pick about everything!
Good question.

If you look at the bottom section where your name and avatar are you will find two little symbols. Others will see three on yours. Just look and you will see what I mean.
The first one is a dot. If it is black it means that the person is not on line at this website. If it is green it means that they are here on the board somewhere.

The second symbol is a set of balance scales. These are the rep points. If you click on it it will ask you to post a good rep(green) or a bad rep (red) for that person. You will also be asked to make a comment if you wish.

The third (a red triangle with a line) is to report a bad post.

Now back to the rep points. If you hit "user cp" at the top of your screen in the menu, It will take you to your stats on the board. There you can see what people have said in there comments about you. Good and bad.

I'll shoot you a rep so you can see.

Most people do not leave their name and there is no way that I know of to find out who left what.

Ken

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #103
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
Savings: 1.00
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMJ Productions
Good question.

If you look at the bottom section where your name and avatar are you will find two little symbols. Others will see three on yours. Just look and you will see what I mean.
The first one is a dot. If it is black it means that the person is not on line at this website. If it is green it means that they are here on the board somewhere.

The second symbol is a set of balance scales. These are the rep points. If you click on it it will ask you to post a good rep(green) or a bad rep (red) for that person. You will also be asked to make a comment if you wish.

Now back to the rep points. If you hit "user cp" at the top of your screen in the menu, It will take you to your stats on the board. There you can see what people have said in there comments about you. Good and bad.

Most people do not leave their name and there is no way that I know of to find out who left what.

Ken
Hi mr ken
yes there is a way to know sort of who leaves rep good or bad it sayes what thread it came in on and is time stamped so..................just hit the go to and see what post folks are talking about and check the time stamp against the one you got...........anyway if someone got a bone to pick its goot to get a name.and early on for me all the confrounting came in post so i dont know what way is better but my rep is a warm and tengley feeling to see when i do get it right or when someone might not respond to me in post but let me know im excepted and its somthing i surly injoy giving out to show my respect.
this is just how i see it .and also a comment comes with the greens on our screen but it stays hidden untill the pointer moves over it.
also a long time meber told me once to leave my name when giving rep it lookes better so i always do but for once when the hand was quicker than the eye lol i hit the enter befor i was done.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #104
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan
Hi mr ken
yes there is a way to know sort of who leaves rep good or bad it sayes what thread it came in on and is time stamped so..................just hit the go to and see what post folks are talking about and check the time stamp against the one you got...........anyway if someone got a bone to pick its goot to get a name.and early on for me all the confrounting came in post so i dont know what way is better but my rep is a warm and tengley feeling to see when i do get it right or when someone might not respond to me in post but let me know im excepted and its somthing i surly injoy giving out to show my respect.
this is just how i see it .and also a comment comes with the greens on our screen but it stays hidden untill the pointer moves over it.
also a long time meber told me once to leave my name when giving rep it lookes better so i always do but for once when the hand was quicker than the eye lol i hit the enter befor i was done.
I do the same as you. I leave my name. Checking out time stamps and stuff takes too long and is a hastle to do. Too much bouncing around for my liking. So I will not bother with it. I usually have a good idea of who gave me a bad rep. You can usually tell from the writing in the comment. People leave traces in the way they write. I was taught how to analize word structures and hand writing styles in a college class. It works!

I just like to swalk when I get a bad rep. It's fun!!! I don't really care about them. If you want to give me a bad rep and run then do it. Take a pot shot!!!! LOL!!!!

If you feel you have a real gripe, Then let's talk. I'm not that unreasonable. I do listen and will admit when I am wrong.

If I find that someone has twisted or flat out lied on a post, I will call them on it in the thread. I won't sent them a bad rep. That's the chicken way out. To me that's a "hit and run". Just like the bible thumper guy that was on the thread. I didn't send him a bad rep. I made my move in public. Thats my style.

NOTE: It also seem that the two-spirit population also gets a lot of "hit and run" potshots here and in real life. Not fair at all in my book!

(had to say something to stay on topic!)

Last edited by TKMJ Productions; 12-10-2006 at 06:52 PM..
Old 12-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #105
Teen Dancer

tsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,027.94
bhijok

Last edited by tsuj510; 02-23-2009 at 03:05 AM.. Reason: ;kj
tsuj510 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #106
'woo-gey

segep soch is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMJ Productions
Good question.

Ken
*light bulb goes off*

Ah, now I get it! I thought "spreading the green" was hitting the donate link under their points.

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #107
'woo-gey

segep soch is just really nice
And to save you the trouble of looking up the timestamp, that was me. I realize I didn't leave my name.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #108
Grass Dancer

anishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond repute
anishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,258.05
If you have heard any teaching on this subject or have read any of the old journals written by the missionaries, you would know the place that two spirits held in both the sun dance and the mide. It's the christian corruption of our ways that produces the bigotry that we see today and I think it's about time we start realizing that. I don't mind Christians, or any religion for that matter, but when people try to pass puritan beliefs off as a native tradition is when I get upset.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #109
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by segep soch
And to save you the trouble of looking up the timestamp, that was me. I realize I didn't leave my name.
Glad you fessed up!

I just had to do it! Have a great day!!!!!

Ken

Old 01-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #110
walk your talk

tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 413.53
i take no enemies... is just a discussion board

hey 2line!! hi TKMJ!!

i have gay an lesbian famliy.. an also some as friends, i work with some. i love thier personallitys! i love how they love others. ive seen how full of hate and greed... just like straight or bi ppl.... the way i see it they live their lives, i live mine. i dont watch them in their bedrooms... that is their bizzness.. yanno? wouldnt want them to watch me...

but anywho... im not tossing jokes or insults... i will happily give anyone a hug an a warm meal... an a good story!!

as my father says:

"Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one. Just some like to show theirs off more than others." ~melvin.maddog

sometimes you have to live life as if what everyone else thinks does not matter, but is still a factor...
that even though you think you are so lost, you may be found...
no matter what comes in your life, it will be over come...
and that the real reason that you live is for love, and finding inner peace...
live free for what its worth an never let life hold you back from living
One person can make a difference----lets all of us give it a try.--- john f. Kennedy

other places u can find me...

]htt://www.myspace.com/hawkredfeather630
www.facebook.com/redfeather630
tiffany redfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #111
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany.redfeather View Post
hey 2line!! hi TKMJ!!

i have gay an lesbian famliy.. an also some as friends,ME TOO! i work with some. i love thier personallitys! ME TOO! i love how they love others. ive seen how full of hate and greed... just like straight or bi ppl.... the way i see it they live their lives, i live mine. i dont watch them in their bedrooms... that is their bizzness.. yanno? YEPPERS I AGREE! wouldnt want them to watch me... I ain't lookin either!

but anywho... im not tossing jokes or insults... i will happily give anyone a hug an a warm meal... an a good story!!

as my father says:

"Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one. Just some like to show theirs off more than others." ~melvin.maddog
Hugs and frybread from tiffany redfeather? Count me in!!!!!!!

Hi Tiffany

Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #112
walk your talk

tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
i make good frybread too!! i had ppl eating it not knowing what it was at work.... the picky ppl... ha powdered sugar can do wonders!!

i have this one fella that keeps askin me when im gonna make more.... from a crappy batch i made... he said it was good?

but yea

people discriminate an poke their fingers because the simple fact that they dont know themselves/-that they are uncomfortable with themselves- an or- with what they are or with their surroundings. just like the kids in school. these people need to step back an realise what they are doing...

mom an dad builds a club house for all the kids right, well a group of kids take that tree house over, right. they have certain rules an one is you have to be just like them or else you cant get in.

i love all people.... some of you might just hate me but that is ok... i am just me. if you have a problem with that that isnt my problem... its yours.... an i still love ya an ill still give you some hugZ n some fresh hot frybread an soup! maybe some homeade candy too!! he he he

i dont let my beliefs get in the way, an yes im a christian native american, no im not gonna preach so put your cajjones away cool down an sit down as we all are,.....

we are all adults, so lets act like them

sometimes you have to live life as if what everyone else thinks does not matter, but is still a factor...
One person can make a difference----lets all of us give it a try.--- john f. Kennedy

Last edited by tiffany redfeather; 01-17-2007 at 09:21 PM..
Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 PM   #113
walk your talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfgirl View Post
I feel somewhat sorry for Grandson of Zeela. How sad that you have to judge people by their sexual orientation and not for who they are personally. To judge and condemn others in that matter is the true "sin". Hopefully, you'll learn to not continue with this type of bigotry.
we arent supposed to judge any hooo.... thas ok

we wont let dumb ppl get to us will we... stand strong

lets make a friend circle... the circle.. lets join hands and sing songs!!

Old 01-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #114
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Century Gothic"]
we are all adults, so lets act like them
You offer frybread and hugs and expect me to act like an adult?
OK OK...... I can act like an adult but remember...... I'm still a kid at heart!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #115
walk your talk

me too.... dont tell no ones

Old 01-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #116
Pow Wow Visitor

Zambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant futureZambo has a brilliant future
Where I live there aren't many NDNs none the less two spirits, but 30 minutes away in Frisco there is a small minority, but I think other then me there are about 5 two-spirits
Zambo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #117
walk your talk

poor thing... there has to be more... they are just afraid...

Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #118
Bold Renegade

Zorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant futureZorro has a brilliant future
Location: Out of the night, when the full moon is bright, comes the horseman known as Zorro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMJ Productions View Post
I do understand that we are talking about two-spirit people. But lets look at another thing of nature. Look at the evergreen type tree. There are years where some of these types of trees take on a male form and sometimes a female form to pollinate so the tree survives. Survival is the most basic instinct of any plant or animal. Did you know that sometimes the pine take on both rolls being both male and female on the same tree? Wow!!!! a two-spirit tree!!!! How come no one questions this tree as we do two-spirit people?

What about the flowers????? Think about it!

Ken
Earthworms, too.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #119
Grass Dancer

anishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond repute
anishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,258.05
Has anyone heard of that zoo that received all the gay penguins? The zookeepers were all upset because they wouldn't reproduce. Those little rascals.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #120
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
hey 2line!! hi TKMJ!!

i have gay an lesbian famliy.. an also some as friends, i work with some. i love thier personallitys! i love how they love others. ive seen how full of hate and greed... just like straight or bi ppl.... the way i see it they live their lives, i live mine. i dont watch them in their bedrooms... that is their bizzness.. yanno? wouldnt want them to watch me...

as my father says:

well hi there tiff,
i hope i dont pizz off you dada lol
thanks for the hug lady.