Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues United Keetoowah Band Of Cherokees United Keetoowah Band Of Cherokees

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
Cherokee Tsisqua

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CherokeeTsisqua is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hey, John

I was gonna ask you if some of the cornsilks up here in Ottawa county are related to ya.

Steve
CherokeeTsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #22
UCN,CNO, UKB Member

John Cornsilk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeTsisqua View Post
Hey, John

I was gonna ask you if some of the cornsilks up here in Ottawa county are related to ya.

Steve
Not that I know of, I do have a couple of second cousins that I don't know their wherebouts, they would be 35 years old or so.
John C.
John Cornsilk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #23
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
So John
If someone knew nothing about the UKB,CNO and UCN
What could you tell them....

Pardon my ignorance but I have never heard of the UCN
I guess I have not been around home very much
Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #24
UCN,CNO, UKB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
So John

Its all on the WEBSITE you can get to all my stuff from there!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #25
UCN,CNO, UKB Member

Quote:
So John

You can learn it all at cornsilks.com,

Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #26
its to cold up here

legalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond repute
legalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond reputelegalstraight has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 599.56
Quote:
My CDIB says 1/2 Cherokee issued by Tahlequah Agency

But....
When I was researching the UKB website I noticed that they have this requirement:
1. Letter of Relinquishment from any other Indian nation, tribe or band of which you have been a member or a notarized Affadavit of Non-Membership (provided by the Enrollment Office); and

2. A certified copy of your 8.5 x 11" Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood showing at least 1/4 degree Keetoowah Cherokee blood.

I tried to find out more information about the 1949 roll but to no avail
I did notice that both my Grandparents are on it but none of there children
Grandma was not old enough to have a roll number she was born in 1907 and her Parents enrolled in 1904. Grandpa has a roll number.
But again I was trying to research farther back I can find my GreatGrandfather on the Miller Guinon Roll.

The more I read about all this the more I realize how History was distorted greatly and even more than I realized.

The way I learned it the UKB was a split off from the Nation- the folks that followed Rebird-Smith got fed up with the Gov in Tahlequah and asked for seperate recognition from the feds. What is amazing is that they got it, so that is where the '49 roll comes from.
You may only see some family members on there since only the folks that followed Redbird-Smith and wanted to break off were listed- it would be kinda like if all the NAC members split off and formed a seperate tribe today.
You used to be able to be dual enrolled but they put an end to that and tried to make folks pick one or the other (not sure who "they" are but I know tribes up north do the same thing) but today if you go to enroll (i.e. when your kid is born) you are supposed to enroll in only one tribe.
If you access to a good library look for some stuff by Rennard Strickland- he is Cherokee, not sure if he is UKB also, but he did some things on the history of UKB and what makes them different than the Nation.
legalstraight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #27
UCN,CNO, UKB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalstraight View Post
The way I learned it the UKB was a split off from the Nation- the folks that followed Rebird-Smith got fed up with the Gov in Tahlequah and asked for seperate recognition from the feds. What is amazing is that they got it, so that is where the '49 roll comes from.
You may only see some family members on there since only the folks that followed Redbird-Smith and wanted to break off were listed- it would be kinda like if all the NAC members split off and formed a seperate tribe today.
You used to be able to be dual enrolled but they put an end to that and tried to make folks pick one or the other (not sure who "they" are but I know tribes up north do the same thing) but today if you go to enroll (i.e. when your kid is born) you are supposed to enroll in only one tribe.
If you access to a good library look for some stuff by Rennard Strickland- he is Cherokee, not sure if he is UKB also, but he did some things on the history of UKB and what makes them different than the Nation.
Well you need to go to a different school, or get you a different teacher...There is some history but I don't have time to give you a lesson...but if you are serious about learning I tell you the same thing I told Joshua quite a while ago come to john's Place and learn, he came but didn stay long enough to learn anything...Yes the Keetoowah have a rule about dual enrollment but its unconstitutional, they tried to kick me out but I am still a member, am also a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, notice I did not say Citizen, NONE of the members of either are Citizens, simply members...I am a citizen of the United Cherokee Nation, some day soon I hope, if congress will get on the ball and melt down the CNO, we Cherokee can once again be Citizens of the Cherokee Nation.

If you are interested in learning some Cherokee history all ya gotta do is GOOGLE John Cornsilk!!

John "the Elder" Cornsilk

Edited to add the mainest reason I responded, was the mention of Renard Strickland being a Cherokee, well the simple fact is he a dam wannabee, in the same catagory as Ward Churchill, and needs his azz put through the same ringer!!

Last edited by John Cornsilk; 07-27-2008 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: To debunk Strickland bullshyt!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #28
Powwow Dude

Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalstraight View Post
Well I found more information later on just neve got around to reposting it
Just about what you said too
Some chose to be included others did not
My aunt has chose to enroll with the UKB recently and some of her kids (14 total), the rest have stayed CNO
I will stay CNO
Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #29
Powwow Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cornsilk View Post
Well you need to go to a different school, or get you a different teacher...There is some history but I don't have time to give you a lesson...but if you are serious about learning I tell you the same thing I told Joshua quite a while ago come to john's Place and learn, he came but didn stay long enough to learn anything...Yes the Keetoowah have a rule about dual enrollment but its unconstitutional, they tried to kick me out but I am still a member, am also a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, notice I did not say Citizen, NONE of the members of either are Citizens, simply members...I am a citizen of the United Cherokee Nation, some day soon I hope, if congress will get on the ball and melt down the CNO, we Cherokee can once again be Citizens of the Cherokee Nation.

If you are interested in learning some Cherokee history all ya gotta do is GOOGLE John Cornsilk!!

John "the Elder" Cornsilk

Edited to add the mainest reason I responded, was the mention of Renard Strickland being a Cherokee, well the simple fact is he a dam wannabee, in the same catagory as Ward Churchill, and needs his azz put through the same ringer!!
Morning John
Its JOSIAH not Joshua, my kinfolk have always pronounced it Jo-sigh... rather than the proper way of Jo-sigh-uh

Named for my Great Granpa: Josiah Hawkins- orignal enrollee
His wife was Eva Bell Swimmer Also original enrollee...

Dont feel bad John, People as far away as India have misspelled it and missprounced it, school teachers,doctors, lawyers have also. But for some reason people think it has to have a H in the middle LOL
I will continue to correct people that mispell and mispronounce it untill the day I die
Old 07-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #30
UCN,CNO, UKB Member

Quote:
Morning John
Its JOSIAH not Joshua, my kinfolk have always pronounced it Jo-sigh... rather than the proper way of Jo-sigh-uh

Named for my Great Granpa: Josiah Hawkins- orignal enrollee
His wife was Eva Bell Swimmer Also original enrollee...

Dont feel bad John, People as far away as India have misspelled it and missprounced it, school teachers,doctors, lawyers have also. But for some reason people think it has to have a H in the middle LOL
I will continue to correct people that mispell and mispronounce it untill the day I die

I don't feel bad, it was an honest skrew-up, my fingers got disconnected from the part of the brain that causes them to type Josiah, I guess thats call having joshuah on the brain!!

John "The Elder" Cornsilk
Old 07-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #31
UCN,CNO, UKB Member

Quote:
Well I found more information later on just neve got around to reposting it
Just about what you said too
Some chose to be included others did not
My aunt has chose to enroll with the UKB recently and some of her kids (14 total), the rest have stayed CNO
I will stay CNO

Why Josiah, when CNO is BOGUS, hopefully the US Congress will wipe them out pretty quick if not sooner!
I splain it all at cornsilks.com,!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #32
Powwow Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cornsilk View Post
Why Josiah, when CNO is BOGUS, hopefully the US Congress will wipe them out pretty quick if not sooner!
I splain it all at cornsilks.com,!

If that day comes
UKB will become very large
Old 12-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #33
Banned

HistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scale
Credits: 131.11
Just wanted to bump this....since there is interesting stuff posted here O.o
HistoryStudent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links