Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues What to do, What to Do, What to Do!?! What to do, What to Do, What to Do!?!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CactusButt is a name known to all
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
What to do, What to Do, What to Do!?!

Hey ya'll. First off I'd just like to say that I love this site. You guys/gals are the best! LOVE LOVE LOVE!:Music:

So I have a question:

What do you do when you are stressed out, or depressed? I am having some really, really, really serious personal issues. (please don't joke around about it, its really serious i promise):Cry Anyway's I'm gonna' have to quit my job, and get a new job, part time only too so that means a dent in the old pocketbook. I am stressing out big time! Big Big time. I don't think I am handling it very well either. I want to get some advice from you guys okay?

So when you are sad, what do you do or say or whatever, to help you feel better?

and

When you are totally stressed out, what do you do or say or whatever, to help you feel better?

I'm not talking about go talk to a shrink kind of advice here, since I'm alive and breathing I already know that much.... I'm talking like this....

"Oh my sweet darling Cactusbutt, sorry you're having a hard time...When I'm sad I blah, blah, blah.:Chatter
CactusButt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #2

man i wish i new heck im sad right now and i dont even know what to do
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 07:33 PM   #3
Teen Dancer

Talking

Thanks Babycakes, you know I love you!;) I wish I knew what to do about you being sad :( .

Somebunny pwease, help me, give me some good ideas! Then I'll tell BlackfootHoney and both of us will feel awl better!:)
Old 03-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
If you have to quit work & get a job with a smaller pay check so be it, Because if your stressed out it't not worth working there, I had to do that I had this job & the women was such a biotch that I had to leave so I got a transfer, it was a cut in pay but worth it. I had to budget though. Now when I'm sad or stressed I have a special day for my self it's doesn't matter what I do it's my time I talk to my friends & family they are understanding, I call my friends to cry & vent. the peeps in Powwows.com are good friends also they help out a lot. I went through a lot of stress during my divorce, lost 30 lbs.
I take walks, play on the swings, play in my garden not really playing just pulling weeds & things, I also work out 3-4 times a week lifting weights & kick-boxing it helps so much, it's a known fact that when you work out it relives stress. I got to tell you my friends are great I can talk & talk. I also listen to my music loud & dance to it till I'm out of breath. I hope this helps you can even e-mail me if you want to talk pm me if you want I'll give you my addy.:D

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 10:43 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

crazydazy has a spectacular aura about
HUG YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!! theres is nothing like gettin some lovin from a sweet sticky little face.

make sure that you take time for yourself everyday even if it is five minuites. You need that time. Take a bath, a walk or lock youself in a closet if you have to but it has to be just yours - even mommies need timeouts! Remeber you can't be a good mom, provider, maid doctor etc etc etc if you don't look after yourself.

Make sure that you say something nice to atleast one person everyday. pay a compliment to them, or even just wish a stranger well. You will be amazed how good it makes you feel.

Also remond yourself that this is not a permenant situation what ever is happening is part of your path and that path will eventually lead you to a better place! Sounds corny but it is soooo true. look at the big picture.

Finally remember to put things in perspective life is hard work and we don't always get paid what we deserve but we get paid waht we need - be greatful for what you got. Nuture it and love it and it will get you through.
crazydazy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 10:59 PM   #6
Junior Dancer

lovlie1 is a jewel in the rough
You know I can not say really because to each it's own. But about four years ago when I was first diagnosed with SLE the doc said that I was going to have to get out of the Navy. At first I had it rough, but you know it it is now fours years later. Yes I make a whole lot less but I have a better quality of life. At first it will be hard but you will get the hang of it. Life is just toooooooo important to only worry about money, things have a way of working themselves out you know. It might sound like just words but trust me I have been down the road of depression!:(
Old 03-21-2004, 09:26 AM   #7
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
For me, when I'm stressed to the max, I go for a nice long walk or I get on my motorcycle and go for a good ride. Then I come back home and take a nice, hot bath to relax.

However, there is nothing like a good hug from your children and the one that you love. My wife knows exactly when things are not right for me, without me having to say anything, and just gives me a good long hug. Just knowing that she cares makes me feel a lot better :) :) .
Old 03-21-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
That is so cool DANCINGEAGLE, your are absolutely right there is nothing like a hug from your loved ones. My sons & Hubby do the same thing for me, I usually cry when they hug me though I'm such a big baby! :50:

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2004, 02:29 PM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

hummingrose can only hope to improve
Just think of it this way, you can spend more time with your kids. You can start doing things you never had time to do. Be constructive. Don'[t do waht a lot of people do when they are stressed and deppressed which is sit around waiting for something to happen. God doesn't give you anything you can't handel. Just keep praying for a better job and whatever is good for you and your family will happen. Everything goes on for a reason. Maybe a way better job is coming around and you are just the right person for it!

p.s. just cause we don't agree on....everything :Argue , doesn't mean I can't be nice to you :11: I really am a sweet person :flowers:
Old 03-23-2004, 06:51 AM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
I call one of my friend, Amy, and just go on and on and on and then thank them for letting me "vent". Then when she needs to vent she calls me. I know I can call her no matter what time of the day or night and she will listen. Then she will say "I love you my fren". You know frens aren't like fam - they don't have to love ya, they choose to! Then sometimes I will just go in my room and have a good cry!

Cactuss Butt and Blackfoot Honey - "I love ya my fren" **hugz hugz**
Old 03-23-2004, 08:55 AM   #11
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
first off everything is going to get better. have faith!..second. take time out by your self. when im stressed and pissed off for what ever it might b e. I jump into the powder blue rez buggie and put down the road to a place where im comfortable with letting everything out. I take time and think and reflect on the day and take in everything thats happened. And finally after i let EVERYTHING out i smile!
Old 03-23-2004, 09:13 AM   #12
Teen Dancer

storm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Cacti...
You already know I think of you and yours every morning at first light...
Sweat! That is one of its uses..but where o' where?..since you are in the god forsaken northwest.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:16 AM   #13
Junior Dancer

LadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond reputeLadyRedtailedHawk has a reputation beyond repute
From Experience

I can tell you what I did in times like these that you are having. I was in my early 20's when I figured it out...a young mom with an infant, going through a divorce, working full-time and going to college full time (pre-law), It was horrid! I work 72 miles from home so I had an hour drive one way to work each morning and evening and still had to be at college and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown! But I did not! This is what I did....

I sat in prayer and ask for guidance from the old ones and most importantly, I ask for strength and for my faith to in turn be strengthened...then I just handed it over to the Creator to handle for me. And each day when I started to get stressed I just took a deep long breath and thought..I can do this..the Creator will handle it...well the Creator did handle it, I went on to not only get a better MORE stressful job heading up the litigation department for a major law firm in south florida, but I went on to Stetson Law School and I raised a responsible, respectful, intelligent young man who will be 20 this coming June. So, when things get to rough and the light at the end of the tunnel is gone....put your faith in the Creator. :)

It will pass and we must each walk our paths through good and BAD for those journeys are what make us what we are and who we become.

I also find that burning red cedar and lavender is very soothing and relaxing in the evenings....it helps clear the mind and sooth the spirit. Try it and take a warm bath and just let the stress float off.

Many Blessings to you and I will put you in my prayers...and remember

YOU CAN DO THIS and YOU CAN GET THROUGH IT!

LadyHawk
Old 03-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #14
Teen Dancer

storm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond repute
cacti...burn incense..no cedar (yet)
Old 03-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #15
Teen Dancer

:Heart Thanks, you guys are so sweet. And helpful. I like this site and it is helping me to get on here and vent. haha. I have been taking care of myself, sort of. Mostly I've been keeping busy, and trying to do some research and reading up into some of the issues I'm facing. I will do as Storm says and try the incense, except incense makes me sick. I should probably start praying more, lol. Anyway's thanks for all the helpful hints. KEEP 'em rolling.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:14 AM   #16
Senior Dancer

theepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond repute
I call up my friends even when i know they are busy with there familys. my tru friends are the ones that tell me to get my bony butt over there. i can always count on my friends. that suck that you have to quit your job to but maybe you will come along a better one later on. dont be a scared to call upon your friends and family.

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:
theepowwowchic49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2004, 03:32 PM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

hockeyfan_019 is on a distinguished road
I agree with the above, talk to your friends and family, they're there for you. And if they "don't have time" then they're not really much for friends are they? If you can't talk to your family either, you can always pray...

We'll pull for you. Hang in there!

Tom
hockeyfan_019 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2004, 04:28 PM   #18

ndnkidz_5 has a spectacular aura about
GEEEEEZZZZ girl, sorry to hear you having hard times. I alsway lean on friends and family and VENT the more I work through it the better I feel.....so keep venting, I know the money thing sucks big time. I went from full time to part itme, and accutally it gotbetter. I hadmore time to spend with my kids, I got medi-cal, and food stapms (while working part time) and then I made things to sell (like bead work, jingle dresses). I ended up with less stress more time with my kids, and acutally the food stamps allowed me to spend MORE on food than what I budgeted when I was working full time. And I did not have to pay the huge medical coverage for my family to have health insurance through my work. I am so much happer now, and when I llok back I think.....man what the hell was I stressing on....you know once you make it through a stressfull event, you get stronger.....good luck to you and keep ventinbg we all got ears to hear you with!
ndnkidz_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2004, 07:07 PM   #19
Junior Dancer

geronimo is a jewel in the rough
good luck to you........stay strong and keep the faith--i'm praying for you!

as someone who's suffered from depression and anxiety for over 10 years ...i definitely know what it's like to feel sad (unfortunately)....feel free to PM me anytime.....don't know what you're going through specifically but i'm here to listen & offer suggestions

weeks, months, years down the road: you'll look back on this as just a small bump in the road----

remember this: it's happened, and now you have to move on and deal with it-i say this b/c i continue to try to accept something that i'll prob deal with the rest of my life....for me there's no quick fix..& the sooner i swallowed my pride and accepted it, the more progress i started to make (still a work in progress though:) )--there's no turning back now---YOU CAN DO IT!!!

ok, hope you don't think this is cheesy :blushing:
Old 03-23-2004, 07:19 PM   #20
Tiny Tot Dancer

Powwowtrail17 is on a distinguished road
Turn your frown upside down

hmmm....well you could excercise :karate: that usually helps releive some tension...maybe go for a swim or a nice hike up the mountain or a long walk....Talkin to family or friends..usually when i tell a friend or family member i am sad they usually try make me laugh or take me for a night on the town... :1Party: ex. go to the movies :15: , go out dancin ..turn a few heads :Naughty. Maybe even find a hobby to take your mind off things like beading or sewing or painting....and don't worry bout it spring is here :curtainca and soon you can go lay in the hot sun :sunny!: and hit the powwow trail once again ....I dunno i hope i have been of some help :dontknow: I will keep thinkin bout it and see if i can help anymore.. :stooges: :agree?:
Powwowtrail17 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links