Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues What is most important to you that Whites know about our people? What is most important to you that Whites know about our people?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Dakotahwin is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
...that what I am wearing is not a "costume". I know it is what they called it way back when, but I believe that if our ancestors actually knew the meaning of that word they would have chosen something else different to call it.

...that we didn't smoke drugs in our "peace pipe".

...that there are blue eyed NDNs out there.

I will think of some other stuff later.

Derek
think of anything yet? I would like some of the ppl to know that they can get more respect from me if they came to me as friends first...then DECENDANTS.....not cherokee granpa was a king of cherokees or some thingy like that..
Dakotahwin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #22
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
Savings: 1.00
...not to assume that we all have headlice

seriously that still happens at some of the hair salons.

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #23
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
I meant Joe Dang guys!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #24
Dweick

Dweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond reputeDweick has a reputation beyond repute
I want them to know that years ago prior to civil rights many native women were forced into placing their babies and children into adoption many were taken away and these children were placed into a system with hopes that we would easily assimilate into the white race.
( most likely to thin out the population of Indian race)
As we grew we knew we were different and that something was missing in our lives.
as some of us are lucky enough to find our way back to a Native World we realize that we are lost in traditions and many things taught from generation to generation.
Dweick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #25
Pow Wow Visitor

just wanted to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan View Post
Heyyyyy........ I never thought about that........... Paul G....... Joe G ...........Hmmmmmm.......... Are you guys related?

Sorry Paul..... er Joe.......er Joe Paul ..... oh hell I'm all confuzled now.
I just wanted to know where you got ur cat??? I saw it n kept coming back to watch it.... Itssss sooooooo cute...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

just two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
I want everyone to know that Indian men are the most passionate lovers.

Ayyyyeee.

YEA!!! 'specialllyyy (i heard) LAKOTAH MEN......hmmmmmmmm
Old 04-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #27
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
I want white people to stop trying to assimulate us, period. I believe we are assimulated enough already! Now, with most of our languages dead, many of our lands gone, and some of us relying on gaming to save and fund our tribes, its time to open our eyes to better things such as our children, our sobriety and our education....Just my 2 cents. Wocuswoman:)
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #28
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
I want them to know that I am not American or Canadian, just because thier government decided so, That we already have our own Nations & don't need thiers. I want them to know that part of the very definition of a treaty, is an agrement between 2 NATIONS without negating the nationhood of either Nation.
Suzze
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #29
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Oh and I want all the new-age-non-NDN's to know that we are not just a bunch of brown hippies; I don't get high in the sweatlodge, i think hunting is a respectible job & I'm not into thier new age mumbo jumbo, & pot is not our way
...had a bad cab ride with a new age type yesterday
Suzze
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2007, 02:39 AM   #30

sicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond reputesicanguwiyan has a reputation beyond repute
i want them to know that ndns were never red. that they are not some exotic animals in the zoo you can stare at.
i want them to know that they are human beings with all their weeknesses and mistakes. i want them to know that its not their right to come and tell the ndns how a real indian has to behave and tell natives how to live their lives.
i want them to know it looks foolish when they try to copy ndns and not believe everything what stands in a book.
i want them to know stay away from ndn ceremonies, if they are not serious and don't understand the cultures and religions. i want them to know stay with your own culture.
i want them to know its disrespectful to ask a person if he/she is a real indian. indians are in india.

greetings from the rosebud rez the home of the sicangu lakota oyate
sicanguwiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #31
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Quote:
Heyyyyy........ I never thought about that........... Paul G....... Joe G ...........Hmmmmmm.......... Are you guys related?

Hey Mato,
Don't worry about things like Paul G and Joe G. being related. If your NDN, your related somehow. That mean both Joe and Paul are somehow related to you. Scary thought LOL!!!!

Anyhoo... You going to Indi? You missed the fudge and frybread last year. You have a standing invatation for dinner unless you get there on time to get a seat. LOL!!!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #32
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
On the serious side

I would like the white people to know about how the introduction of alcohol to our people damaged our communities. To this day our people are plagued with the horrid desease of alcoholism due to its introduction.

Give an NDN a bottle and a blanket. Numb him up with the alcohol and keep him warm with the tainted blanket. If one doesn't kill him, the other will. Sounds like germ warfair to me!

Old 04-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #33
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

NO, though I have many relatives in the South.....Paul and I are no relation....plus he's way too computer literate to be one of us!
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #34
Senior Dancer

trob226 is a splendid one to beholdtrob226 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 82.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMJ Productions View Post
I would like the white people to know about how the introduction of alcohol to our people damaged our communities. To this day our people are plagued with the horrid desease of alcoholism due to its introduction.

Give an NDN a bottle and a blanket. Numb him up with the alcohol and keep him warm with the tainted blanket. If one doesn't kill him, the other will. Sounds like germ warfair to me!
Intentional germ warfare is exactly what it was in some instances, not all. Some were out of ignorance or indifference. The alcohol introduction was more profiteering than warfare - after all, why kill off your customers? It only hurts your own profits. Man, I am getting nasty in my old age. Or is it only more educated and realistic?
trob226 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #35
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob226 View Post
Intentional germ warfare is exactly what it was in some instances, not all. Some were out of ignorance or indifference. The alcohol introduction was more profiteering than warfare - after all, why kill off your customers? It only hurts your own profits. Man, I am getting nasty in my old age. Or is it only more educated and realistic?
I would call it cynical. just like me. Now we need to throw you a graduation party!!!!!

Sorry if I misspelled anything. It must be my old age kicking in. Or maybe I just can't spell! LOL!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #36
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
I want everyone to know that Indian men are the most passionate lovers.

Ayyyyeee.
Hey! I'll second that!

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #37
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
Before they get too wrapped up in "White Guilt" and feel sorry for folks.....Realize they are pawns in the chess game as well....Actually their strings are much easier to pull....They buy into "The System" In most cases they can't fall back on certain particulars.....Easy prey if you will....I like to call it the; "Mindless Masses Syndrome"

By the way....."The Revolution will not be Televised...."
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" ~Goethe

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" ~Bob Marley *(one love)*

Nuff said

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2007, 02:54 AM   #38
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
That we all didn't wear large feather head dresses/war bonnets like the plains tribes wore. Woodland tribes wore different head gear. The Iroquois's were called Kasto:wi. And had few feathers on them. The Tuscarora's bore none on theirs in fact.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #39
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Exclamation I'd like em 2 know....

Their the thieves.....So don't clutch your handbag and get all tensed up when my brown azz walks by you....Bathing wasn't to popular in Europe as well.....hence powdered wigs and cologne and perfume....Skins however are much into being clean....Rugged Diseases, rats, and several weeds were ushered in from there too....

One other fine point while i'm on my soapbox (no pun intended...) Christopher Colon (i.e. Columbus) was an Italian sailing under the Spanish crown....So when info was recorded the Spanish lang influenced it....So when he stumbled across San Salvador he DID NOT think he was in India.....India did not EXIST in 1492....It was refered to as Hindustandt.....So the word "Indian" comes from the word INDIO.....Which in the spanish lang means "IN GOD" or "Of God" That's what that slave trading boy called the Aboriginal peoples....Oh and by the way we didn't walk across some mucking land bridge either.....
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #40
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
Their the thieves.....So don't clutch your handbag and get all tensed up when my brown azz walks by you....Bathing wasn't to popular in Europe as well.....hence powdered wigs and cologne and perfume....Skins however are much into being clean....Rugged Diseases, rats, and several weeds were ushered in from there too....

One other fine point while i'm on my soapbox (no pun intended...) Christopher Colon (i.e. Columbus) was an Italian sailing under the Spanish crown....So when info was recorded the Spanish lang influenced it....So when he stumbled across San Salvador he DID NOT think he was in India.....India did not EXIST in 1492....It was refered to as Hindustandt.....So the word "Indian" comes from the word INDIO.....Which in the spanish lang means "IN GOD" or "Of God" That's what that slave trading boy called the Aboriginal peoples....Oh and by the way we didn't walk across some mucking land bridge either.....

I Feel Ya There Niji