Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues What is most important to you that Whites know about our people? What is most important to you that Whites know about our people?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #41
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
qubella is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I would like for them to know that just because I am native doesn't mean I know every other native on the planet, nor do I know the traditions of all other tribes. I would also like for them to stop telling me that I will be going to hell or that I need to stop worshiping sage. Ignorance is not attractive. One more thing I don't want to keep hearing about how you have a stuffed Red Tail Hawk and about how cool you think it is. Especially after you have been told what the Red Tail Hawk means to my people. Am I the only one that this bothers?

Sorry needed to vent.

Have a blessed day

Last edited by qubella; 05-03-2007 at 02:26 PM..
qubella is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #42
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
....Oh and by the way we didn't walk across some mucking land bridge either.....
You know they have had proof since the 70's that we were here long before there was a land bringe, they don't like to talk about it much, but word is starting to get out. I always liked to call thier land bridge crap the "justification theroy". I think that's why they hold onto it so tight.
Suzze
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2007, 06:04 AM   #43
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Well and they've proven Chris Columbus did'nt call us In dios either....
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mgenteindios.html

Last edited by Blackbear; 05-07-2007 at 06:15 AM..
Blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #44
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by qubella View Post
I would like for them to know that just because I am native doesn't mean I know every other native on the planet, nor do I know the traditions of all other tribes. I would also like for them to stop telling me that I will be going to hell or that I need to stop worshiping sage. Ignorance is not attractive. One more thing I don't want to keep hearing about how you have a stuffed Red Tail Hawk and about how cool you think it is. Especially after you have been told what the Red Tail Hawk means to my people. Am I the only one that this bothers?

Sorry needed to vent.

Have a blessed day
Oh your definatly not the only one.
I'd like to add the list of our rants again.
...I'd like them to know that being NDN doesn't make me anyone's guru, I can't enlighten thier pathetic white souls & I don't have a bunch of NDN names or spirit names or whatever shoved up my sleeve just waiting for the next white person I meet, hell I don't do nameing ceremonies, I don't conduct any ceremonies...I'm just a regular NDN....can anyone guess what all the white people at work wanted from me last night...LOL
damn!
Suzze
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #45
Fast and Fancy for Life!

Moosa09 is a splendid one to beholdMoosa09 is a splendid one to behold
Savings: 348.20
Talking Stereotypes

I want them to know that what one does, doesn't mean that we all do it. That we are intelligent beings with a strong heritage. That we have something to fall back on when the going gets tough. Our Culture, our family, our community, and our friends. I want them to know that I am proud of who I am and that what happened in the past isn't getting me down. I am still going and I am going strong. This is what I am going to pass on to my daughter and her children.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #46
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
There are so many of these (and there are SOOOO many more). I wonder if we could publish them somewhere somehow in something? Maybe we could find a way to write a children's book or something....I dunno, I just wish more stereotypes could be taken out. There are so many people in the U.S. and the world that don't understand or know simply because they have only been taught what the media, school, and government teach them. Any ideas anyone on how it could be formatted??

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2007, 05:07 AM   #47
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

That white people don't have to friggin apologize to me for what happened to our people. That one really irritates me to no end!

K had to get that out. But can anyone else feel me??? There's gotta be a few who do.

Moving right along:

That Being Indian or Native or Skin or whatever Tribe/Nation you belong to, is not a part time job or something you choose to "BE" that year or whatever. Being Native American is something you live man. It's not like converting to Buddhism or Hinduism or Sikh or Sufism or Shinto or Taoism.

WE LIVE IT

We don't just come home from work or the powwow trail and hang it on a hook or hanger and put it away in the closet.

We Simply Are

We Exist

Miigwech
Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #48
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweick View Post
I want them to know that years ago prior to civil rights many native women were forced into placing their babies and children into adoption many were taken away and these children were placed into a system with hopes that we would easily assimilate into the white race.
( most likely to thin out the population of Indian race)
As we grew we knew we were different and that something was missing in our lives.
as some of us are lucky enough to find our way back to a Native World we realize that we are lost in traditions and many things taught from generation to generation.
It actually happened longer then that, Through out the 70's it still happened, & many children were simply taken, without thier parents sighning anything. I was taken in 1975, my Mother was taken (approxmatly 1965), My sister was taken 1981 & my brothers before me were taken as well but I havn't found them. Children are still being placed in white homes (not as frequently but it still happens) despite efforts & laws to stop it.
I'd also like to let them know that these acts are considered a form of genocide under the geneva convention, for the very reasons Dweick stated.
Suzze

Last edited by SuzzeQ4; 05-08-2007 at 10:51 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #49
Senior Dancer

Ok I got another thing I'd like non-NDN's to konw...

I'd like them to know that when our brothers & sisters put up a barricade or road block, or block a railroad because the government is taking (yet more) land, or is refusing to return land, that they have nothing to be afarid of. I'm so sick of hearing in the papers & news, how they are so scared. They are not he ones in danger, thier people have never gotten hurt or killed from a road block. The only ones in danger when this occurs are the brave Men & Women who have chosen to stand up for our rights, they are the ones who get hurt or killed from the police or army.
I'd like them to know that when this is done, it's not done out of impatience, we have been patience for hundreds of years (how long woud they wait?) It's not a sudden decision, we didn't just decide all of a sudden that we want the land back, we alaways wanted it back; it's just that now we have the oppertunity to try, before we were to busy trying to not get killed, or not have our children stolen etc. etc.
Suzze
Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #50
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Savings: 1.00
Lightbulb Everyone needs 2 Know......

We never owned the land? How can one own the land.....European peoples have a hard time understanding this.....We care for the land and respect it....To be confused and say you "own" the land implies you can't live in harmony with it....Implies you don't respect yourself or the very ground you come from? Why does the so called "Whiteman" refer to me as a "Minority" who gives them the right to label me? Ironically looking at the global world the so called Whitemans numbers are minor when compared to Indigenous peoples of the world. If anything I would like them to understand this and realize they need to find their center and stop throwing the world out of balance....
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2007, 03:28 AM   #51
Junior Dancer

Wakopataki is just really nice
This last week, I was in a discussion and it turned into something that needs to be addressed.
I want Whites to know, that we know, that "they" didn't kill NDN's back in the day, and that we know, they weren't alive back then!
I want them to know, that we know, that some tribes were enemies and fought each other in the past, but that doesn't justify what the Europeans did to the NDN's!
I want them to stop saying, that small pox can't be transmitted through the use of blankets after being used by infected people. The CDC says it can be, but they still want to argue that it never happened or that the disease can't be transmitted that way!
I want them to know that we are Americans, just as much as they are! I want them to stop saying that we should join America sometime and stop the whinning, when we expect our treaties to be honored!
I want them to know that there are Reservations that are so rural that there aren't jobs, adequate housing, dire poverty, and that it was the Government of this country that chose the land the NDN's live on! That they didn't exactly have a choice! That the American government placed NDN's into poverty on the rez, and has turned a blind eye to the suffering that continues.
That the thousands of NDN's living on the Rez can't just go to town and work at McDonalds to quote, get a job!
That unemployment and other problems aren't that easily solved! DUH!
That we don't have to give up our land, culture and community to be civilized Americans and that we shouldn't have to give up anything to earn their respect!
That it's only been 83 yrs. since we were first considered citizens in this country!
That it's only been 62 yrs. since we had the right to vote in this country!
That it's only been 37yrs. since some 3,000+ of our women and girls were either forced to abort their unborn babies or were sterilized without their Knowledge or consent!
That what they call a very distant history, isn't that distant a history for us, at all!
That they respect is a two way street!
That, listening, understanding, and caring enough to help is priceless!
Wakopataki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #52
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakopataki View Post
This last week, I was in a discussion and it turned into something that needs to be addressed.
I want Whites to know, that we know, that "they" didn't kill NDN's back in the day, and that we know, they weren't alive back then!
I want them to know, that we know, that some tribes were enemies and fought each other in the past, but that doesn't justify what the Europeans did to the NDN's!
I want them to stop saying, that small pox can't be transmitted through the use of blankets after being used by infected people. The CDC says it can be, but they still want to argue that it never happened or that the disease can't be transmitted that way!
I want them to know that we are Americans, just as much as they are! I want them to stop saying that we should join America sometime and stop the whinning, when we expect our treaties to be honored!
I want them to know that there are Reservations that are so rural that there aren't jobs, adequate housing, dire poverty, and that it was the Government of this country that chose the land the NDN's live on! That they didn't exactly have a choice! That the American government placed NDN's into poverty on the rez, and has turned a blind eye to the suffering that continues.
That the thousands of NDN's living on the Rez can't just go to town and work at McDonalds to quote, get a job!
That unemployment and other problems aren't that easily solved! DUH!
That we don't have to give up our land, culture and community to be civilized Americans and that we shouldn't have to give up anything to earn their respect!
That it's only been 83 yrs. since we were first considered citizens in this country!
That it's only been 62 yrs. since we had the right to vote in this country!
That it's only been 37yrs. since some 3,000+ of our women and girls were either forced to abort their unborn babies or were sterilized without their Knowledge or consent!
That what they call a very distant history, isn't that distant a history for us, at all!
That they respect is a two way street!
That, listening, understanding, and caring enough to help is priceless!
Well said!!
Bit of a byline, In canada NDN's didn't get the right to vote until 1960 so that's only 47 years

Suzze
Old 06-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #53
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,484.78
I want them to know that the disney version of Pochaontas and the HBO version of Bury My Heart..are far cries from the truth. I want them too realizethat if our East coast brethern had not helped them through the first few winters after they got off that damn boat, their ancestors would not have survived. I want them to realize that with their bigotry andprejudice,my Grandfather's sons and daughters passed themselves off as Welsh so they could make a decent living in the white world and turned their backs on their heritage. Iwant the whites to know that my Grandfather understood. I want themto uderstand that yes, I have a Cheyennename and it is not their business what it is. My Grandfather gave it to me and told me it was so special that I should only tell it to other NDNs. I want them to know that I resent the fact that I no longer know how to say my Cheyenne name in Cheyenne, because I had no elders after my Grandfather died.I want them to know that they need to make the treaties right, even if it cuts into their precious resorts. I want them to realize that the history they teach is not accurate as far as NDNs are portrayed.Edited to add: I want them to realize that I am angrier about this than I knew I was.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Last edited by subeeds; 06-15-2007 at 10:48 PM..
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #54
winds of change are good

Wahishta has a spectacular aura about
I have blue eyes

Wakopataki....thank you for your invitation to this site. I am so overwhelmed by all that is here..
What i want the Whites to know is that there are millions of us that are not on reservations...that grew up in regular families that look like everyone else.
I am not pure Blackfoot and Cherokee, but mixed with Irish, English and German...
I am blue eyed and blonde...I am so proud and connected to the part of me that is Native American...so much more than any other part of me.
I believe the whites brought an insanity to this country with them...and that they tried to kill us all. I am more Native, in spite of my looks than I ever have been white...
Wahishta means Over the Mountain...that's where I see all of us, Native Peoples, away from the white sickness that has permeated our land...our Mother who cries from the scars and war that has been endured here for 500 years.
I want the whites to know they did not win...we are here and we will always be here...we are the people...and we love the land...the sky...the animals...the waters...we love each other.
Wahishta is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #55
Senior Dancer

On the lighter side

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
I want them to know that the disney version of Pochaontas and the HBO version of Bury My Heart..are far cries from the truth.
This reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

How do you know that Disney's version of Pochaontas is only a fairy tale?

...All the white people went home in the end

Suzze
Old 06-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #56
Tiny Tot Dancer

Minasmom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahishta View Post
Wakopataki....thank you for your invitation to this site. I am so overwhelmed by all that is here..
What i want the Whites to know is that there are millions of us that are not on reservations...that grew up in regular families that look like everyone else.
I am not pure Blackfoot and Cherokee, but mixed with Irish, English and German...
I am blue eyed and blonde...I am so proud and connected to the part of me that is Native American...so much more than any other part of me.
I believe the whites brought an insanity to this country with them...and that they tried to kill us all. I am more Native, in spite of my looks than I ever have been white...
Wahishta means Over the Mountain...that's where I see all of us, Native Peoples, away from the white sickness that has permeated our land...our Mother who cries from the scars and war that has been endured here for 500 years.
I want the whites to know they did not win...we are here and we will always be here...we are the people...and we love the land...the sky...the animals...the waters...we love each other.
You got it! I agree wholeheartedly!
Minasmom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #57
winds of change are good

When I was a child

When I was a child, I knew I was not like those around me. The others, children of whites, were not kind to me. My birth mother was filled with the white sickness of her mind, and hurt me. I use to wonder why she would bite her tongue when she beat me, but I could not understand as a child what I know as an adult.
She did not love. She read books and was dirty and mean. She was mentally ill...but she could not destoy the blood that ran through me from my father.
I don't know what it's like to be cherished, but I do know how to cherish someone else...the white sickness runs through my veins, too. I am in a constant struggle to win. It was a sad and desperate childhood...I ran and ran...into the quiet of marshes and along the small sandy beach in San Mateo, CA. It was nature that kept me going.
I had a vision at 8 where a man walked out to the edge of a cloud and put his arms out to me. I have read that this has happened to some Native children, and is written in a book by a Native American writer. I was special, though few around me knew it.
Cherokee is a white mans name for Tsalige...
Old 06-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #58
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
It is very sad that you had to endure this....but painting an entire race with 'white sickness' is using a very broad brush....there are some bad/good in all races/genders/cultures/nations/cities/villages/families/etc...don't believe that any are TOTALLY perfect and without fault...or that any are TOTALLY evil and without good.
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #59
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
That the selling of or even possesion of Medicine Objects such as:

- False Face Masks/Corn Husk Face Masks

- Certain Kachina's

Just to name a few, are not to be in a NDN Store in the Mall to be sold along with dream catchers and other mundane NdN pieces of art etc.

I just heard from a friend who worked in a white owned NDN Gift store in California and she told me they had a number of False Face Masks and some I think she said Devil Kachina's. Well anyhoo, she came to work one day and saw a false face staring her in the face when she walked in the store and did a 180 B-line out of the store. She then called her mother who was from the Great Lakes region who had some insight into Iroquois ways.

My friend is Cheyenne/Arapaho but knew instinctively that there was some heavy mojo just being in that mask's presence. So her Mother told her the deal with the masks, and she in turn told the owners. When she came back the next shift the masks and Kachina's in question were removed from the storefront.

The white owners really couldn't be completely to blame for that one in my opinion. I mean what was the Iroquois person who sold those masks freakin thinking in the first place? Hmmmm? But as we all know there are things that are fine and dandy to be sold in stores, trading posts etc and there are items/objects that are just for us and our use in a ideally good way.

But that's all I have for now.

Miigwech
OD
Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #60
winds of change are good

Not all are filled with the sickness

Thank you for your comments Joe...I know that there are good in all peoples...The line I come from in England/Scotland are royals, who interbred to keep the wealth and land in the family...I am decended from Mary, Queen of Scots...her husband was her cousin..they had the same grandparents, the Tudors....
I know this is a sickness that I recognized very early in life. I was victim to it...and other abuses...
The English royal line is filled with mental illness...Mary, Queen of Scots had but one son, who fathered many childrne, in and out of wedlock...and the sickness is lazer clear in my ancestory from this linage....including what I deal with.
I use to cry because I did not have dark hair and eyes. I felt cheated, seperated from my true family, and did not know my father...who was Tsalige and Blackfoot/German. They all said I was so much like his mother, Alice, who was well liked and a sweet woman...She drank herself to death when she found out she had cancer.
I have survived cancer, twice.
My Native Amrerican heritage is most important to me...it always has been...
Sponsored Links