Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues What is most important to you that Whites know about our people? What is most important to you that Whites know about our people?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #141
Student, always learning

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
you callin out my momma Oneida?!
Hehehe just kiddin

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #142
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Every day you capitulate to cheese, whine, mandate our own ineffectualness and wallow in your incessant "poor me" attitude, you belittle us as Native people. You GIVE them the power to do such by merely thinking as you do, that others should feel guilty for your lot in life.
Should those who stole me from my Mom & my Mom from her parents feel guilt both for doing so & creating policy that this should be done? Yes.

Should the white, raciest, right wing religious parents who raised me & the people who placed me (and others like me ) in that environment fell guilt for doing so. Yes.

Should the 6 a$$'s who beat me into a coma just before I turned 15 becasue I was NDN feel guilt? Yes.

Should the military & cops who found it appropriate to stick their guns in the nape of my neck (along with the necks of many other NDN's) for fighting to keep our land back in my teen years. those who went up against our Warriors who refused to allow them to steal what was not theirs. those who killed our people who stood to protect the land for their family & community. Should these people feel guilt for actively participating in the theft of our land? Yes.

Should all the non NDN's who perpetuate racist ideas of us feel guilt? Yes.

Should the governments who refuse to either correct or end the wrongs of past & currant history feel guilt? Yes.

Should those who choose to say "not my problem" or "I can't change anything" feel guilt for their lack of action ? Yes.

Do I feel sorry for myself because I don't have the lifestyle of most whites?

Hell No!!

I am happy. I have 4 children & a loving husband. We may be amongst the working poor, in a tiny house but we have happy children who know how to work & play hard. We have children who know how to dance, sing, and behave at ceremony. We have children who could tell you the story behind each of the Mohawk ceremonies each month. We have children who can pray in Lakota & give the Mohawk thanksgiving addresss. I have daughters who know to go get tea & coffee for the Elders at ceremony & boys who will offer to carry their bags. I have fiends in the community who bring food when we're sick or when I've giving
birth. Friends who do my groceries when my husbands out of town fishing or picking up an out of town weekend job. I got my husbands family who love me more then my adopted parents ever did.
I may not have had an easy life but I have a happy life.

HOWEVER the fact that I have made a happy life for myself does not dismiss the non-NDN's for what they have allowed their governments to do (& continue to do) to our people; and I think they should be aware of that.

Suzze

Last edited by SuzzeQ4; 07-09-2007 at 10:25 PM..
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #143
Teen Dancer

Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Credits: 100.00
Savings: 53.62
Quote:
[sigh] I want them to know that we are not defined by the past anymore and that some of us can spell "tyranny", "treaties", and "people." (Honestly, how can we have any discussion, with anyone, when all that is offered is a poorly-written, "poor me", squeal? )

Seriously, this is difficult for me to understand. To wit:

Noted. So, let it go. If it's not about $$$, who cares?

Unless, of course, the argument is about definition, in which case the entire theory of tribes as nations is turned upside down: if we're sovereign nations, why do we need to beseech another government for rights? (The requirement that we must do so merely proves that we are, in fact, NOT sovereign.)

I would like whites to know that their generalized guilt is no longer necessary: it holds us back.
Seriously, it is very difficult to understand how you can slam someone for their mis-spelled words when you your self -rightous self mis-spells.
from the female ad thread:
Originally Posted by Zeke
I definitely sence that your essence is squarely within the realm of "tool."

Its SENSE not sence LOL
Keep posting zeke,i havent laughed this much in years

Last edited by Skillet; 07-10-2007 at 12:59 AM..
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #144
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
That we all aren't Shaman's and Medicine Men/Women. And that one can't learn our sacred ways from from the books in the new age section of Barne's & Noble, Walden Books, Borders,Etc.

That crap really gets on my nerves. And the abuse of our medicines by non-natives. That just gets on my last nerve.

I know some of them are seeking a more spiritual path, but it still bamboozles me that they do that, even out of ignorance.

Ok I'll get of my soapbox.

Peace
OD
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 AM   #145
Teen Dancer

Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
Should those who stole me from my Mom & my Mom from her parents feel guilt both for doing so & creating policy that this should be done? Yes.

Should the white, raciest, right wing religious parents who raised me & the people who placed me (and others like me ) in that environment fell guilt for doing so. Yes.

Should the 6 a$$'s who beat me into a coma just before I turned 15 becasue I was NDN feel guilt? Yes.

Should the military & cops who found it appropriate to stick their guns in the nape of my neck (along with the necks of many other NDN's) for fighting to keep our land back in my teen years. those who went up against our Warriors who refused to allow them to steal what was not theirs. those who killed our people who stood to protect the land for their family & community. Should these people feel guilt for actively participating in the theft of our land? Yes.

Should the governments who refuse to either correct or end the wrongs of past & currant history feel guilt? Yes.

Should those who choose to say "not my problem" or "I can't change anything" feel guilt for their lack of action ? Yes.

Hell No!!

I am happy. I have 4 children & a loving husband. We may be amongst the working poor, in a tiny house but we have happy children who know how to work & play hard. We have children who know how to dance, sing, and behave at ceremony. We have children who could tell you the story behind each of the Mohawk ceremonies each month. We have children who can pray in Lakota & give the Mohawk thanksgiving addresss. I have daughters who know to go get tea & coffee for the Elders at ceremony & boys who will offer to carry their bags. I have fiends in the community who bring food when we're sick or when I've giving
birth. Friends who do my groceries when my husbands out of town fishing or picking up an out of town weekend job. I got my husbands family who love me more then my adopted parents ever did.

HOWEVER the fact that I have made a happy life for myself does not dismiss the non-NDN's for what they have allowed their governments to do (& continue to do) to our people; and I think they should be aware of that.

Suzze
beautifully said
Old 07-10-2007, 02:38 AM   #146
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneidaDreamer View Post
That we all aren't Shaman's and Medicine Men/Women. And that one can't learn our sacred ways from from the books in the new age section of Barne's & Noble, Walden Books, Borders,Etc.

That crap really gets on my nerves. And the abuse of our medicines by non-natives. That just gets on my last nerve.

I know some of them are seeking a more spiritual path, but it still bamboozles me that they do that, even out of ignorance.

Peace
OD

Stay on your soapbox!!

Suzze
Old 07-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #147
Kutohamsh Wompanayo

Levy is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 647.52
Non - Indian people and Indian people should know there are Indian people in South America. What happened here 350 years ago to indians still happens today to my people. It is not just history, indigenous people still are thought of less than dirt and killed, murdered and tortured because of who we are, because we practice our dances, songs and language.
Last year 10 of my indigenous leaders were murdered and hundreds killed. That is what non - indian people should know. This world is a tough place to live. We need to respect each other and respect each others differences. We will learn this when the eagle and the condor fly together again.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #148
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by kiowakat; 07-10-2007 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: dup post
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #149
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneidaDreamer View Post

Peace
OD
hahaha if it gets you that much then move to missouri, everybody is a medicine/spiritual leader pipe carrier...grrrrrr
non native people that aren't even registered LMAO and their holy symbol is the dream catcher.....oh dang off my soapbox now LOL
Old 07-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #150
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Stay on your soapbox!!

Suzze

Ok, I like it up there anyway. HEHE
Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #151
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Hell No!!

Suzze
well stated

White Wave
Old 07-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #152
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Savings: 1.00
Quote:

Uh, "no." Not if we're talking about general white guilt. Those are, even if deplorable, isolated incidents that happened -- as a guess -- >30 years ago. I'm sorry, but that is just not reality now. Let it go. Don't let YOUR irrational stuff poison the pool. If Natives attached themselves to your your ad hoc bitterness, we suffer as a people. YOU hold us back.

Quote:
Again, no. AIM's leaders, for example -- those drunken, pot smoking, violent, self-righteous, unintelligent and HARMFUL fools -- have admitted, both in public and private, that their (and YOUR, get it?) manner of "war", resistance and action was complete and utter folly. If you followed those teachings, you got a gun in your neck because you acted as a criminal. That's nobody's fault but YOURS.

Quote:
Maybe, at best. YOU give them power by remaining subject to their ideas. YOU are at fault for giving them power over you. Judge yourself.

Quote:
Face reality. "We lost." Besides, I don't see any ongoing re-education or removal policies currently in effect. Judging anyone, or an entity, on what occurred in 1860 merely shows how slovenly you are tied to the PAST. Grow up, socially (advancement is okay), intellectually (thinking is not dangerous!), economically (oh, but we'd have to leave the rez and our cheeze!) and politically (I can't do anything but whine!).

Quote:
Not even close. We -- as all should -- are forced to ask why you even HAVE a problem. Why would that be? Because, every day you capitulate to cheese, whine, mandate our own ineffectualness and wallow in your incessant "poor me" attitude, you belittle us as Native people. You GIVE them (whomever you wish to blame at THIS moment) the power to do such by merely thinking as you do, that others should feel guilty for your lot in life.

If you, and others like you, took even the tiniest bit of actual responsibility for your self-determined place in life, we wouldn't even be speaking about this.

Quote:

Hell No!!
This, of course, is the largest level of hypocritical crap in the entire thread. If you do NOT feel sorry for yourself, are not whining about your lot in life, are not -- at some level -- ashamed about where you are or what is/has been available to you, what is your problem? There is, clearly, something you desire yet you expect someone to HAND IT TO YOU based upon Nativeness. You set us back.

Quote:
I am happy. I have 4 children & a loving husband. We may be amongst the working poor, in a tiny house but we have happy children who know how to work & play hard.
I will NEVER knock your family. But, if this is what you desire as your place in life, shut up, quit whining, and accept. If it is not, look in a mirror and check your attitude.

Quote:
We have children who know how to dance, sing, and behave at ceremony. We have children who could tell you the story behind each of the Mohawk ceremonies each month. We have children who can pray in Lakota & give the Mohawk thanksgiving addresss. I have daughters who know to go get tea & coffee for the Elders at ceremony & boys who will offer to carry their bags. I have fiends in the community who bring food when we're sick or when I've giving birth. Friends who do my groceries when my husbands out of town fishing or picking up an out of town weekend job. I got my husbands family who love me more then my adopted parents ever did.
That's all good, if you readily accept an isolated society based upon such values. If you do, shut up and live there. if you do not, grow. This isn't difficult.

Quote:
Then why are you WHINING? What's with the, "I am owed something from the 1800's," entitlement, mindset? If you're content, pipe down and quit harming the movement of others that have grown beyond you (at your choice/decision). I don't blame anyone in power today for things that happened years ago. As for what occurs today, that's MY responsibility. Get it? Not entitlement. Try being an adult and not reaching for the breast of the Great White Father to reward you for things that happened before you were born. (Yuck!)

Quote:
1. If it is happy, let this go.
2. If it is not, get a better argument. I recommend rational thought, not based in fear.
3. If you can find a white guy, alive, who voted for removal, "go get him."

Your ideas are short-sighted, despicable, "poor me", empowering of OTHERS, sad, closeted, fearful and set us back decades.

I beseech whites to know that you do NOT speak for Native people and, especially, not ME. I REJECT you and others who think like you.

You set us ALL back. Welcome to the ignore feature.

Last edited by Zeke; 07-10-2007 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Toned it down: this is "polite."
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #153
Student, always learning

Quote:
Uh, "no." Not if we're talking about general white guilt. Those are, even if deplorable, isolated incidents that happened -- as a guess -- >30 years ago. I'm sorry, but that is just not reality now. Let it go. Don't let YOUR irrational stuff poison the pool. If Natives attached themselves to your your ad hoc bitterness, we suffer as a people. YOU hold us back.

Again, no. AIM's leaders, for example -- those drunken, pot smoking, violent, self-righteous, unintelligent and HARMFUL fools -- have admitted, both in public and private, that their (and YOUR, get it?) manner of "war", resistance and action was complete and utter folly. If you followed those teachings, you got a gun in your neck because you acted as a criminal. That's nobody's fault but YOURS.

Maybe, at best. YOU give them power by remaining subject to their ideas. YOU are at fault for giving them power over you. Judge yourself.

Face reality. "We lost." Besides, I don't see any ongoing re-education or removal policies currently in effect. Judging anyone, or an entity, on what occurred in 1860 merely shows how slovenly you are tied to the PAST. Grow up, socially (advancement is okay), intellectually (thinking is not dangerous!), economically (oh, but we'd have to leave the rez and our cheeze!) and politically (I can't do anything but whine!).

Not even close. We -- as all should -- are forced to ask why you even HAVE a problem. Why would that be? Because, every day you capitulate to cheese, whine, mandate our own ineffectualness and wallow in your incessant "poor me" attitude, you belittle us as Native people. You GIVE them (whomever you wish to blame at THIS moment) the power to do such by merely thinking as you do, that others should feel guilty for your lot in life.

If you, and others like you, took even the tiniest bit of actual responsibility for your self-determined place in life, we wouldn't even be speaking about this.

This, of course, is the largest level of hypocritical crap in the entire thread. If you do NOT feel sorry for yourself, are not whining about your lot in life, are not -- at some level -- ashamed about where you are or what is/has been available to you, what is your problem? There is, clearly, something you desire yet you expect someone to HAND IT TO YOU based upon Nativeness. You set us back.

I will NEVER knock your family. But, if this is what you desire as your place in life, shut up, quit whining, and accept. If it is not, look in a mirror and check your attitude.

That's all good, if you readily accept an isolated society based upon such values. If you do, shut up and live there. if you do not, grow. This isn't difficult.

Then why are you WHINING? What's with the, "I am owed something from the 1800's," entitlement, mindset? If you're content, pipe down and quit harming the movement of others that have grown beyond you (at your choice/decision). I don't blame anyone in power today for things that happened years ago. As for what occurs today, that's MY responsibility. Get it? Not entitlement. Try being an adult and not reaching for the breast of the Great White Father to reward you for things that happened before you were born. (Yuck!)

2. If it is not, get a better argument. I recommend rational thought, not based in fear.

Your ideas are short-sighted, despicable, "poor me", empowering of OTHERS, sad, closeted, fearful and set us back decades.

I beseech whites to know that you do NOT speak for Native people and, especially, not ME. I REJECT you and others who think like you.

Sounds like you reject a whole shtload of people Zeke....with all the insults you love to throw around and your OBNOXIOUS attitude, eventually you'll be left with nothing but your computer, yourself, your big words, and that government that you seem to think so highly of. Have fun wit that.

White Wave
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #154
Teen Dancer

Quote:

Actually YOU are the one who is setting Indian people back.
You are the one who is the problem and not the solution.
YOU CERTAINLY DONT SPEAK FOR ANY INDIAN PERSON OTHER THAN YOUR POMPOUS ARROGANT SELF-INFLATED EGOTISTICAL SELF.
Your constant barrage of hypocrital statements and generalizations are beyond ridiculous and if you think that anyone cant see thru your total BS then you'd best get your head out of the sand(and im being nice) and wake up and check reality out.
AND YOU OF ALL PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING WHEN YOU COLLECT A PAYCHECK FROM GOVT FUNDING...ADDRESS THAT FOR ONCE HYPOCRITE...go smoke your cigars and brag how youre educated in europe..so what and who cares? Youre doing a great job steppin n fetchin for your white masters,im sure theyre proud of and reward you well..Threatened by you zeke???LMAO hardly...but you seem to be greatly and especially by women and their views.Amusing too that you cant say what ever you want and nothings editted or deleted until YOU are shown up and made to look like the fool you are numerous times and then and only then a thread id deleted...did you whine zeke because your swelled ego was bruised?
I doubt very seriously you have the ballz to say what you wrote About AIM to any AIM person face to face,easy to hide behind your monitor and throw slams and insults out innit zeke?
What do i want white people to know? That their stooges and tools like zeke dont fool us and keep trying.

Last edited by Skillet; 07-10-2007 at 07:12 PM..
Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #155
PowWows.com Addicts

That we have technology like they do. We don't live in the stone age yet or live in trees. We have Plasma Screens and X-BOX360's and PS-3's and had Atari and Coleco. And we go to movie theaters like everyone else. Our tech level is that of the white man.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #156
Student, always learning

[QUOTE=Skillet;944586]AND YOU OF ALL PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING WHEN YOU COLLECT A PAYCHECK FROM GOVT FUNDING...ADDRESS THAT FOR ONCE HYPOCRITE...go smoke your cigars and brag how youre educated in europe..so what and who cares? Youre doing a great job steppin n fetchin for your white masters,im sure theyre proud of and reward you well..I doubt very seriously you have the ballz to say what you wrote About AIM to any AIM person face to face,easy to hide behind your monitor and throw slams and insults out innit zeke?
QUOTE]

watch out Skillet....you might get a taste the big bad "ignore" button too. LMAO

White Wave
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #157
Banned

that we have a big sense of humor......lol
Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #158
Senior Dancer

Quote:

Well in response to this I'd like to say thanks to skillet & whitewave for covering alomost all I would have said.

But I have to ask one thing zeke...when did I mention AIM? None of the things I've been involved in were with AIM, actually I was referencing events up here in Canada (although mirrored by the US) and were done with the warrior societies here in Canada, with the support of hte traditional chiefs of the commnities involved. I don't associate with drunks & drug addicts.
Also the adoption / foster care issue; yes for my Mom & I that was over 30 years ago but just becasue it was a few decades ago does not excuse that it happened ESPECIALLY since it still happens despite policy that is supposed to prevent it. All those policy's written to prevent it were done so with enough loopholes that social workers CAN (pretense, not pasttense ) still get around it.

I don't whine, I fight.
I don't give up.
When will you admit that the wrongs against us are not all a hundred or more years old? or does admitting so upset the whites who you love so much?
Oh & just to clear things up, I don't live on the rez, I was adopted out & over the boarder so that also means no cheese. Maybe I should have more clearly pointed that out but I really wanted to see how often you'd have to refer to cheese.
And lastly if your opinion was the opinion of the majority of NDN people, we wouldn't even have this thread. We have this thread becasue whites (and you) need to understand alot more about our people. Who we really are. The reality of social inequity & that the government has not stoped stealing from us (both our land & our children) along with a host of other things that can't be summed up that simply.

Suzze
Old 07-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #159
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
that we have a big sense of humor......lol
Yeah that's cause they all watch north of 60 & think we never smile, let alone laugh!

Suzze
Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #160
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Well in response to this I'd like to say thanks to skillet & whitewave for covering alomost all I would have said.

But I have to ask one thing zeke...when did I mention AIM? None of the things I've been involved in were with AIM, actually I was referencing events up here in Canada (although mirrored by the US) and were done with the warrior societies here in Canada, with the support of hte traditional chiefs of the commnities involved. I don't associate with drunks & drug addicts.
Also the adoption / foster care issue; yes for my Mom & I that was over 30 years ago but just becasue it was a few decades ago does not excuse that it happened ESPECIALLY since it still happens despite policy that is supposed to prevent it. All those policy's written to prevent it were done so with enough loopholes that social workers CAN (pretense, not pasttense ) still get around it.

I don't whine, I fight.
I don't give up.
When will you admit that the wrongs against us are not all a hundred or more years old? or does admitting so upset the whites who you love so much?
Oh & just to clear things up, I don't live on the rez, I was adopted out & over the boarder so that also means no cheese. Maybe I should have more clearly pointed that out but I really wanted to see how often you'd have to refer to cheese.
And lastly if your opinion was the opinion of the majority of NDN people, we wouldn't even have this thread. We have this thread becasue whites (and you) need to understand alot more about our people. Who we really are. The reality of social inequity & that the government has not stoped stealing from us (both our land & our children) along with a host of other things that can't be summed up that simply.

Suzze
Youre welcome,anytime. And knowing zeke has you on ignore,i thought id reply so that he can see your words and remember to check his spelling too.Once again zeke its S_E_N_S_E,not S_E_N_C_E( makes sense you'd mis-spell something you have none of)
Sponsored Links