Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree6Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues White People at Pow Wows White People at Pow Wows

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #21
We'll See....

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Hey Powwow Guest,
You sound like you have taken the time to learn you're (non-native's) role at a powwow. Good job and thanks. The problem of course are the other non natives who think they can learn it and be it. I would not mind if you attended a powwow I was hosting.

This past Sept. at the Navajo Nation Fair Powwow, this young caucasian looking lady with dredlocks came up to our registration table. When she tried to register, she wanted to be in the "Freeform" category. Eventually someone got me, and with the help of another gentlemen, we tried to explain to her the way powwow are. She was in tears asking why we do not have a freeform category. I told her she was welcome to hang around and watch to see what we were talking about. But then she started saying we (natives) were sexually discrimating against women. (???) Again we asked her to just watch and learn and to ask me if she had any questions. What really ticked me off, was that she left. She just walked away after making a big deal about how powwows are, then didn't hang around to learn about them. To me this was more disresctful, because she wanted it her way, but wasn't willing to learn first. HER LOST! Hope she never comes back!

Last edited by kiyaanii mom; 10-25-2004 at 04:12 PM..
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM   #22
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
lmao @ freeform! OMG!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: that is crazyyy tho!!
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #23
Jingle Dancer

turtlespirit86114 is on a distinguished road
Savings: 0.00
why not

Why not? just as long as they're respectful. I'm sure ppl think I'm white at powwows but I'm not. I'm half white and half cherokee. I think that ppl that jump to conclusions about white ppl who come to powwows are just as wrong as the disrespectful ones. Because powwows are suppose to be celebrations and I think everyone should be welcomed to them. If they are white, black, chinese, etc. I think you should welcome everyone and help teach them about our heritage. Just wanted to give my opinion.

Last edited by turtlespirit86114; 10-25-2004 at 04:59 PM..
turtlespirit86114 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2004, 05:07 PM   #24
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
freeeeefooorrrmm!! OMG..i'm sorry but that was a goot one!! :rofl2: wonder what her freeform woulda been?? the carlton?? :Chatter...the teapot dance??? or the cabbage patch LOL oooorrrrr!! just swaying around her arms in some sort of unison?? :Chatter
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2004, 10:30 PM   #25
Pow Wow Visitor

pow wow guest is a jewel in the rough
Well it is nice to see that most people agree that white people are welcome at Pow Wows, except for Wannabes and the new age freaks that want to get up and dance and try to (immerse themselves) in the Native Culture. I see it as an advantge to try to get more of a diverse group of people from your area to attend Pow Wows to learn of your culture so that they can adjust their ideas on what a native culture really is and also bring in more money for who ever is putting on the Pow Wow and also more business for the vendors. I have seen at some Pow Wows that the vendors sometimes do not sell a lot of their products, which I can see they have put alot of work into, then they have to sell against some vendors who are there selling knock off stuff from Asia. Again I'm heartened that some do welcome us white folks and I thank you for that.
pow wow guest is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 02:30 AM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

firegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
All I gotta say is someone PPPPPLLLLEEEEZZZZZZZZ help me if I EVER start acting in such a foolish way! I mean I wouldnt even go into the circle when ALL vets, police, ff/emt's were called in to be honored. I just dont want the attention.
When I go to "native" events I like talking to the vendors, some get awfully shifty when asking questions of authenticity!
firegirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 02:43 AM   #27
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
okay, my last post for today. i have this friend that ive known for 16 yrs. we've worked together in the dtes and we play darts, she on my team. her sons are the same ages as my daughters. Anywayz, i was asking her one day why she wasn't going to the "native parenting meeting" at the skindian centre. She said "No" kinda funny like. And i said "Why not?" And she says ""Well... im not Native." lol I forgot she wasnt native. She just seems that way to me. I mean she doesnt try to be..or wanna be...ya know?
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 06:13 AM   #28
skeeterbug

eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute
eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute
i think its ok for white people to go to powwows as long as they respect it and dont get all crazy or reinact (sp? kevin costner's little dance haha but its cool to see white people at powwows cause there giving the powwow peeps more money

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly??

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****
eucheefolife is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 10:05 AM   #29
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 39,731.21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burberrilish
freeeeefooorrrmm!! OMG..i'm sorry but that was a goot one!! :rofl2: wonder what her freeform woulda been?? the carlton?? :Chatter...the teapot dance??? or the cabbage patch LOL oooorrrrr!! just swaying around her arms in some sort of unison?? :Chatter
[email protected] The Carlton. :rofl2:

got dang.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 11:02 AM   #30
#1 Sooner Fan

blkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the fact that non-indians should be allowed attend pow-wows but to only watch.

I actually feel embarrassment for people who try to participate in cultural activities of another race. You see it all the time on television. I want to tell these people "don't you know those people are laughing at you!".

I enjoy watching dances from other countries especially Asia, but I can guarantee that my Indian a** is staying in my seat!
blkjack_daisy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #31
~*Coastal Steps*~

this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Daisy...I also enjoy watching the Maories from New Zealand man they can rock the house! or the Pacific Islander dancers but I would never try and do it myself unless invited in a freindship type dance or ya know...
Old 10-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #32
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
hey blck jack daisy...that u "REDD??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 11:19 AM   #33
#1 Sooner Fan

blkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond reputeblkjack_daisy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
hey blck jack daisy...that u "REDD??"

HUH???
blkjack_daisy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 11:21 AM   #34
is a talking Magpie

wannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond reputewannabeUrNo1Snag has a reputation beyond repute
i'll take that as a no then lol

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic
wannabeUrNo1Snag is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #35
Teen Dancer

fancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond repute
fancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmaninc
Anyway, its politically incorrect to refer to them as "WHITE PEOPLE" nowadays anyway. They are complexion challenged. I believe that anybody should be able to attend powwows. I was at a Powwow in Victoria, BC in 1994 when the Commonwealth Games were there. Some athletes from New Guinea participated in the Grand Entry wearing their traditional regalia. It looked real cool to see them with our dancers. Although they wore very little clothing and that bothered some of our people. I heard a lot of the fancy shawl dancers liked it though. Kiddin.
LOL, Complexion challenged? Thats good. I've seen pictures of Aztec dancers, and seen Maori dancers and Indonesion dancers. I think that any Indigeous group can participate in Intertribals...cuz thats what they are intertruibals, but like I said before, complexion challenged( :) ) peoppe should not trying to be indians etc...etc.. read my previous post if you want to read it.
fancy_shawls_225 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 11:38 AM   #36
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
There is also an azteca family (named Salinas I think) who sometimes dance in this area, oh wow, they dance right amongst the fire! very colorful...regalia, different drums, conch shells, the whole bit! and well worth seeing! They were at the Blue Water Indian celebration in Port Huron Mich this past summer..believe they are from Mexico City...
There would seem to be NO way anybody could copy their routine!
C
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 12:33 PM   #37
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
I for one, really like white folks to pay their greenbacks to come in. I wish more would come. They pay for the prize money. If more came, we'd get bigger prize money. Ayyyyeee, J/K.
I know you jokes, K, but from other posts I've seen on this board in the four years I've been on it, the joke is very real to some. I'm not trying to pick on K by using the above quote but I needed a 'jumping off' point for my post.

In the United States, the Constitution forbids discrimination on racial preference. Beyond that, then we get into how do you identify people on their way in as WHITE? Do you go strictly by their Drivers License if they have one? Do we cater to stereotype and look at skin color, facial structure, etc.? Feel free to read as much sarcasm as you want into this.

ASIDE from inappropriate behavior displayed by many White's at pow-wow {for that matter, a number of Skins--see topic on dancers and drummers drunk or using] for the purpose of discussion I'm going to focus on those that don't 'misbehave'. Again, for that matter, when the 'Whites' have just arrived at the pow-wow and haven't had the opportunity to offend by their actions but are immediately judged as 'unwelcome' and subject to rude stares, comments, even physical assault (yes, pushing is an assault).

We are so hung up on being stereotyped--see Halloween and Mascot threads--pow-wows give other cultures a chance to see us celebrate. Of course, it could be said that seeing us at pow-wow perpetuates stereotypes because we are seen in regalia and dancing around instead of being seen as a neighbor or co-worker. Particularly, when the visitor does not understand why we are dancing, the history behind the dance and/or regalia. Those with courage enough to ask are frequently criticized for their ignorance or held up to ridicule. So, perhaps we would be doing 'Whites' a favor if pow-wow wasn't open to the public--then those that are sincere in wanting to know, but are abused for showing their ignorance wouldn't then go away with yet another negative impression.

The first pow-wow I went to was as an adult because I was born of a White mother and then adopted out to a White couple. I look White. Yes, I was raised White. When I made the decision to attend pow-wow I had already done alot of 'homework' because I did not want to insult anyone by my presence. There were many Skins at that first pow-wow that 'looked right through me' as though I didn't even exist; there were some that gave me angry, hostile looks and there were those that went out of their way to ask 'is this your first pow-wow' and then made me feel welcome. It was the latter that made me decide I could continue attending--I just needed to develop a thick skin regards the others. I was always careful to not 'chatter'. Always careful to not ask 'what tribe are you', etc. I let my new friends tell me what they wanted [or did not want] to share in their own time. I learned not to 'trot out' my life story each time because some folks did label me a wannabe at that point. But that was me. But my experience made me more aware of how others, whether they are 'White' or 'multiracial' as I am, are viewed and treated.

There will always be the 'nuisance factor' among certain pow-wow attendees, but in all fairness it isn't exclusively White. I think we could all become better people if the next pow-wow we go to, and be in touch with our reaction towards the first person we consider an outsider. If we can try give someone the benefit of the doubt and credit their behavior to ignorance or mere presence to wanting to learn and not see each of these as an act of 'aggression'...White/Red relations and understanding could actually evolve to something mutually beneficial or tolerable. And, granted, there will be those of you who say 'why bother, we don't owe anybody, any understanding'. Fine, just recognize that with that attitude you are part of the continuing problem not part of the solution and one character of advanced and evolving civilizations/people is its ability to learn from the past, problem solve and find resolution to challenges which prevents stagnation and extinction of a people. Without growth, there is atrophy, stagnation, death...
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #38
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonah04
There is also an azteca family (named Salinas I think) who sometimes dance in this area, oh wow, they dance right amongst the fire! very colorful...regalia, different drums, conch shells, the whole bit! and well worth seeing! They were at the Blue Water Indian celebration in Port Huron Mich this past summer..believe they are from Mexico City...
There would seem to be NO way anybody could copy their routine!
C
unless you drank enough cervasas... :PTime:
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 01:43 PM   #39
DON'T LOOK DOWN

Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Pony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond reputePony has a reputation beyond repute
I am white...can't help it..just am... and since I am very close friends with a number of people who just happen to be Cherokee I like to go with them to pow wows and enjoy the festivities and spend precious time with my friends and yes I even spend money. My friends are vendors and they dance and I watch their marquis and help out while they dance, but I do not dance myself. (I do bead quite well, however)
I would feel real bad if they were to exclude me just because I am white, just as they would feel bad if I did not include them in other events we participate in together quite often.
I am of British background and my native friends enjoy knowing more about my culture as I enjoy knowing about theirs.

Last edited by Pony; 10-26-2004 at 01:46 PM..
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 01:46 PM   #40
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 39,731.21
And we're back on TOPIC! :)

thank you PONY!!!!!!!!!!

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links