Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Gourd Dance compositions compositions

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
Taskahoi Atsuti

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
compositions

Is it possible for someone not of Gourd Clan/Society to compose a Gourd Dance Song?

I've heard of situations where some notible (sp?) people....and they weren't recognized.

What do you say?

LSS
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2004, 04:10 PM   #2
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Sure you Can~ as long as its not choppy and white sounding then your in the clear...and as long as its not corny

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2004, 06:47 PM   #3
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Hey thanks for the encouragement. I've got something that would fit very well during the time when we sing Mustang Songs. Will have to see how it "hashes out".
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Old 09-09-2004, 05:21 PM   #4
~*Southernz Elite*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS
Hey thanks for the encouragement. I've got something that would fit very well during the time when we sing Mustang Songs. Will have to see how it "hashes out".

No no no no no....there are plenty of "mustang" songs out there...LEARN the old ones before you try to bring anymore out. Im pretty sure there are songs you dont know yet...LEARN EM

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
Old 09-09-2004, 08:08 PM   #5
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBZ4life
No no no no no....there are plenty of "mustang" songs out there...LEARN the old ones before you try to bring anymore out. Im pretty sure there are songs you dont know yet...LEARN EM
Spend a summer in Oklahoma then you can learn lots and lots of songs you probably never heard....!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:15 PM   #6
Taskahoi Atsuti

...lol....

No....I wasn't saying what I got "IS" a mustang song....I wouldn't dare try to say that was a Mustang Song...just that it has qualities like a mustang song.

Old 09-10-2004, 04:26 PM   #7
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS
...lol....

No....I wasn't saying what I got "IS" a mustang song....I wouldn't dare try to say that was a Mustang Song...just that it has qualities like a mustang song.
__

I got'chur "has the qualities like a mustang song!"

Pulls up with TaShunka Luta in her Mustang. . .

VROOOOOM . . . VROOOOOOOOOMMMMmmm! *L
Old 09-10-2004, 06:48 PM   #8
~*Southernz Elite*~

To me its kinda like making a song for another tribe. Does that make any sense? BUT hey its your song, do what you will

Old 09-11-2004, 01:13 AM   #9
USMC

Zotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,588.46
It costs me more in fines for off-beats than I spend on 'Indian Tacos" when I sit at the drum...so, I was hoping that someone like "WhoMe" would respond to this thread.

But, I was also wanting to know how it was viewed for others to compose Gourd Dance songs.

WhoMe, being a Kiowa singer and Gourd Clan member...I was hoping he'd post a thought.

What is the protocol for non-Kiowa Gourd Dance songs, WhoMe?

Some of us non-singers would like to know, too.

Thanks in advance.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Zotigh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2004, 02:50 PM   #10
~*Southernz Elite*~

LSS~Maybe you could sing your song around your area and not cause a big deal in KIOWA country~~Ever been to Carniege Oklahoma ? DONT EVER GO!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2004, 05:14 AM   #11
Pow Wow Bum

CrazyInDn is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, I'd agree with that!
Those crazy pueblos and navajo's around here do that all the time.When one of theme break one out get ready for a show! Line dancen and all! But OH well!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:11 AM   #12
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
Quote:
Ever been to Carniege Oklahoma ? DONT EVER GO!!!!!!!
I would agree with never wanting to go there....or darko, or lawton.....*L* But all for other reasons. :Chatter

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-2004, 05:39 PM   #13
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

don't be scared of Kiowa country!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #14
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
It's not the country I'm skeerd of.....

it's dem Key-o-wahs (As John Wayne used to call em)

You Kiowa boys are rowdy. :Chatter

Old 09-16-2004, 01:59 PM   #15
Taskahoi Atsuti

I'm not Kiowa....but...who ain't rowdy every now and again?

LSS

Old 09-16-2004, 08:35 PM   #16
I don't do this for fun!

Talking Goy-Goos and San-Bo = Kidneys On A Stick!! A-HO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess
It's not the country I'm skeerd of.....

it's dem Key-o-wahs (As John Wayne used to call em)

You Kiowa boys are rowdy. :Chatter
especially when we get Kidneys on a stick!!!

you just don't have a clue LLS we get Monsape its time to hide! don't be scared of a buch o' Kiowas!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:30 PM   #17
~*Southernz Elite*~

Kiowas Schiwas

Its Dem Comanches you have to worry about

Old 10-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #18
Pow Wow Visitor

miss tradish is an unknown quantity at this point
scaredy cats

you are some punks...anywayz, i agree that you can compose a song but you can only sing it around your neck of the woods...otherwise you have to go through protocol...
miss tradish is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2004, 03:32 PM   #19
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
Quote:
Kiowas Schiwas

Its Dem Comanches you have to worry about
I will admit I worry about both. *L*
Them southern okie native guys on a whole are damn rowdy.

But we still like it.

Whayyy :Chatter

Sponsored Links